• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Underground Secret Base Discussion

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    Does anyone even uses these?

There's this one thing I kinda miss from the 3rd gen: the PROPER look n' feel to SECRET bases. Because well, a hole in a rather organized underground tunnel doesn't feel secret or exciting at all to me :/.

But /end rant, I'm not used to go to them, it just doesn't attract me. I guess the new House in the Resort Area in Pt is cool though, just as a side note (kinda relates to your own 'places').

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like it....especially since you get to move all the rocks and decorate it so pretty!!!!

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    I like it....especially since you get to move all the rocks and decorate it so pretty!!!!

I agree it was improved to some extent, like some new decoration items, but tbh, it doesn't feel rewarding.

Neither does the decoration and overall environment feel 'secret', so to speak. Maybe it's just me.

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
  • I think the furniture is hard to obtain, because other than the merchant that's near the spot underneath the Digger's house, I don't shop for furniture. The other merchants are too widely spread.

Though capture-the-flag is pretty fun with a friend... I wish that other people's bases would show up when you mix records with them, like in R/S/E. A wifi Underground wouldn't be bad either...

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    I wish that other people's bases would show up when you mix records with them, like in R/S/E. A wifi Underground wouldn't be bad either...

I was hoping both of these features to be added in Platinum, would've increased the general experience to it, give it a PURPOSE :/.

But unfortunately that didn't happen sigh.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I don't use it, honestly its just too much work. I do have one it only has bout 2 things in it though

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Nope, I don't use the Secret Underground Bases, they're no use to me, since my Wifi is broken.

But, they'd be great if you had Wifi connected, I suppose.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Nope, I don't use the Secret Underground Bases, they're no use to me, since my Wifi is broken.

But, they'd be great if you had Wifi connected, I suppose.

You cant use wifi underground the only thing that works is local wireless connection with a friend that also has a ds and DP, thats the only way to meet others underground

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    Once when I was bored I stole my brother's flag from his base 50 times to get a notherstar on my trainer card.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I use it sometimes. Like when I'm trying to hide from my bro :p lol we play hide and seek sometimes. My base is awsome!

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    It is kinda cool. But the Hoenn region secret bases are much cooler. The only thing I don't like about the Hoenn bases is that you have to TM a move to a pokemon where as in Sinnoh you have to use a digger drill.

Blizzard Master

NU/BL/UU Trainer!
    Years
  • Sadly I don't have one, I never get the right sphere for the Drill. But is the Secret Base in the Underground the same of the bases in Hoenn? Like when you mix records you can find your friend or whatever at his base and battle him?

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I have never liked the idea of Underground Bases. My brother has one and loves it to death, spends most of his time on Pearl in that thing, but I never found it insteresing.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I always disliked the underground bases.... the R/S/E secret bases were way better and truly secret (lol try to find your friends base if he didn't told you where it is). I hope that the next generation will have the good ol' R/S/E secret bases. and wifi enabled, of course.

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    Underground base discussion!!

Hey guys, just wondering if you wanted to share some tips and stories for the Underground.

For example, how do you mine effectively? Hammer then Pick for single squares? Pick all the way? Hammer the hell out of everything?
    I do a mixture of both, hammer so i see a good deal of area, then pick axe the rest off :D

What does your secret base look like? Got a cool setup? Proud of your Dolls?
    My base currently looks like a house interior, as I havent many decorations yet :P

What's your best mining yield? I had 2 fossils in one dig once, along with a max revive + level 20 Prism Sphere.

Also, a question too!! How often do the Goods Traders stock change? Does the DS internal clock warp effect them?

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Yeah, the Underground.........kinda boring if ya don't know anybody else in your neighborhood with the game. I've always wanted to hear the "got your flag" music!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuayKB2JEow&feature=related <On the DS, I mean.
    But anyway, I like digging for stuff. I use the pick most of the time, because I don't want to start smashing like heck, find something awesome, then lose it because the wall fell. I haven't been down there in a while, though.

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    Funny actually, I haven't had the drive to even think about playing Pokemon, the thought of training my team seems boring... But my sister's neighbor needed me to baby sit (i'm staying with my sister) and the kid had Pokemon Pearl, so i thought I'd play with him (he has ADHD and is a pain if he isn't preoccupied).

All we did was dig for fossils as he needed a Lileep, and we ended get addicted, trying to obtain all Secret Base decorations, and if we could, we bought duplicates and gifted each other them lol.

I know have 8 Cranidos, 10 Lileeps, 2 Anoriths, 1 Kabuto and 3 Omanytes.
    Haven't even found an Old Amber or the fossil for Shieldon.

I use the Hammer, as I can clear 6 spaces of Brown for one thwack, where the pick rids 1-2 spaces :D I use the pick on the little rocks though. AS well as clearing up edges etc for Spheres.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
  • No way! Kabuto? That is so unfair! I dug for two days straight (quite literally) and could not find even one freaking dome fossil! It's on my absolute most wanted list! Finding a dome fossil is like finding solid gold for me! I have over 27 cranidos, 14 anorith, 2 lileep, 16 omanyte. You can't find the shield fossil because you're playing diamond, so you won't find any.
    I really like to use the hammer to search, but once I find something, I use the pick to get it dug up.

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    That sucks man! Well I think Kabuto must be rare because I only have 1 so far :)
    I know, but even the kid I was babysitting didn't find any Shieldon's and he has Pearl :P
    We played on the underground for at least 3 hours straight.

Also, anyone got any tips for Decoration collecting?

Back