• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Underground

Years
  • Did you like going to the Sinnoh Underground? What did you think of the Mining Minigame, Super Secret Bases and traps? Did you ever get to play in it with friends? What fond memories do you have of it?

As for me...

Back in fourth grade, before we got our DS, my best friend had already had one (we decided we wanted one too after seeing hers). One day we were playing her Italian Diamond and used the Explorer Kit to see what it does. In the underground, she stood on a fire trap and we didn't know you had to blow to get out, so we turned the game off as the batteries were low.

Once we got our Pearl, we went to the underground together many times and played the flag-catching game, in which my friend was very good.

That one time I'll never forget, we had arranged to hang out later that day at our place and I meticulously set a long, looong series of chained traps starting in front of our Base.

I stole her flag and ran to our base, and then stopped just so that she would step on the trap to catch me...

And off she went: a series of half a dozen far-pushing traps activated in sequence and launched her to the other side of the Underground, into a fire trap. That trap was surrounded in all directions other than the one she came from with other non-pushing traps.

She wasn't mad about it, we had a nice laugh and I was so happy it worked.

Years
  • not gonna lie i think the sinnoh underground is one of those super underrated things that could've been used and rehashed in future generations no problem. it's not like the concept of an underground mine should be unique to sinnoh. im sure Game Freak can bs a reason why a minigame like that can exist in every region moving forward (except alola). heck even SwSh has some sort of underground mine thing which would be a perfect excuse for the underground making a comeback.

alas... such a feature unnecessarily deserved in sinnoh until its remakes.

Last edited:

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    It's my favorite part of the Gen IV games, because it never gets old. You can dig for rare items or plant Spheres and grow them so that you can exchange them for decorations, which I've always enjoyed. I wish that the Underground tunnels had been a part of future games as well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I loved the UG and I'm really looking forward to it whenever the Sinnoh remakes roll around. I never did much for the UG "Secret bases" or whatever they were called, but I'd love them to expand on it so I can play them again.

Back