• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The United Nations / Tower for Pokemon

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    Hmmm championships. Maybe, its a place that will hold tournaments on certain days. All over the world people can link up and battle. Something similar to the Global link site, or something.

I honestly have no idea, all speculation. Or it could just be a really sophisticated Pal Pad. lol. XD

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
  • Extracted from www.serebii.net:

The United Tower

Hidden away in the seas on the south of Isshu is another island. Accessible after you receive an item from an event, you can gain access to the United Tower through the boat in the United Pier in Hiun City. When you arrive on the island, you will find just a single solitary tower. This is the United Tower.

unitedtower.png

When you enter the tower, you will be stopped by security who will explain that trainers come from far away in order to battle here. He will say that they run security checks to make sure that the younger trainers are safe and will then allow you to battle on. The Tower is a 130 floor tower which will allow you to enter any floor in order to battle trainers.

unitedtowerlift.png

It is currently unknown how to add trainers to the floors, but it is likely that it'll be over the Nintendo WiFi Connection. We'll bring more details as and when we get them.

I'm thinking in: maybe this is the end of the Pokémon World Championships? For me, this method will be great in that you don't have to wait for hours before entering the Championships and it would be confortable for all of these players who don't live in London, Paris, Madrid, Tokyo, etc.

And I think this is the reason of why the Black and White OST contains a track named "Battle VS World Pokémon Champion"...

It could also be the top 130 players on the leaderboards.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I like this tower idea but I'm still not quite sure what its for. Championships?
    Too bad people without wi-fi won't get it.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    This does really sound interesting but what exactly is it for anyways?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • No one is 100 % sure yet...it can be for championships, some say for the top people in the leader boards, some say it's a tricked up pal pad, all are good theories though :)

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Maybe, every trainer you fight in Wi-Fi will automatically add to every floor of the Tower.
    And, at the top, there will be a trainer like Red or Blue.
    Or, maybe, you can find N, maybe he decided to change his life and becoming a great Pokèmon Trainer, so he did it at the United Tower, and he has his old team at Lv. 100.
    Maybe. :D

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    What sort of trigger does the sailor need? Event item or just an unseen bit of code? That may give us a clue.

Years
  • Maybe, every trainer you fight in Wi-Fi will automatically add to every floor of the Tower.
    And, at the top, there will be a trainer like Red or Blue.
    Or, maybe, you can find N, maybe he decided to change his life and becoming a great Pokèmon Trainer, so he did it at the United Tower, and he has his old team at Lv. 100.
    Maybe. :D
    That would be cool but I don't think it's very likely :(

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Well in how many countries is Pokemon available?
    If you think about it, if there is say 130 countries where Pokemon is available to play (both in game and over wi-fi), then couldn't it be that the tower has the strongest trainer from each country?
    Maybe once all games are released all over the world, GF/Nintendo have wi-fi tournaments of some kind in those 130 countries, the top trainers holding a spot in the United Tower that downloads content such as changes.
    I might not have explained this properly, but what do you think?, i see it as being plausible.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Well in how many countries is Pokemon available?
    If you think about it, if there is say 130 countries where Pokemon is available to play (both in game and over wi-fi), then couldn't it be that the tower has the strongest trainer from each country?
    Maybe once all games are released all over the world, GF/Nintendo have wi-fi tournaments of some kind in those 130 countries, the top trainers holding a spot in the United Tower that downloads content such as changes.
    I might not have explained this properly, but what do you think?, i see it as being plausible.

I can see that happening. It would definitely explain the large amount of floors.

Years
  • Well in how many countries is Pokemon available?
    Wow that would be big! I can see them doing it but it's quite a bit task for them to do 130 tournaments...

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • There are around 200 countries in the world.

Only about 30 get Pokemon games made exclusively for their country.

The rest have to get them from importing.

Years
  • There are around 200 countries in the world.

Only about 30 get Pokemon games made exclusively for their country.

The rest have to get them from importing.
    30 is quite a bit but it's doesn't surprise me. So I'm guessing that the tower probably really isn't for 130 countries that have pokemon.
    There are 192 countries recognized by the UN as of 2008 so you were right around 200.
    Thought if it was countries it would have made sense as some see it as a counterpart to the UN tower.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years

• 30 is quite a bit but it's doesn't surprise me. So I'm guessing that the tower probably really isn't for 130 countries that have pokemon.
    There are 192 countries recognized by the UN as of 2008 so you were right around 200.
    Thought if it was countries it would have made sense as some see it as a counterpart to the UN tower.

How many of those 192 UN recognized countries actually get Pokemon games for sale? I am probably am wrong but, why not?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Some of those don't actually get them directly. Canada for example, it gets all its Pokemon games through importing American versions and the French version. There is no actual Canadian version of Pokemon. The only reason I counted them is..well, I don't know why I did.

Oh well.

Years
  • Some of those don't actually get them directly. Canada for example, it gets all its Pokemon games through importing American versions and the French version. There is no actual Canadian version of Pokemon. The only reason I counted them is..well, I don't know why I did.

Oh well.
    Really they don't...well why do they say Na version if only the Us get it, unless Mexico get's it too...
    Well I think the tower might also be used for tourneys with friends or stuff...but that is kind of unlikely...

Back