• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
<I guess...suffering is everywhere. We've all had our share of suffering, and we've all got our ways of dealing with it. I can't help but wonder: where will our paths end? What lies at the end of it all for us?>

She shook herself violently.

<Gaah...I can't let myself get all depressing like that.>

<Evolution? It's...wonderful. It's empowering...like getting a sudden burst of power from nowhere. You feel stronger that you ever thought possible at your old level...and it feels incredible. There's really nothing that can compare to it. But...>

Her paw went instinctively to her chest; Ikiji's disguise-gear did a superb job of covering up the scars, but she still knew they were there. If her first evolution couldn't cleanse her of them, then was there even hope? Would she be marked with the scars of that night forever? The blackened fur following her until she left this world? She fought another wave of sadness.

Perhaps they are not so foolish as I first thought...
She thought, a smile playing at her lips.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Scyther looked up at the sky as it continued talking. The sun shined brightly over the scar over Scyther's left Eye. It had been a while since he and Kensai got their matching scars.

<heh I'm kinda envious. Its a very complicated process for me to evolve... I would have to find a very special item, and even then ive heard there is more too it then that...>

"Trapinch! stop that! Sigh...Return Trapinch!"

<I dont think Kensai realizes i want to Evolve, I dont think it has even crossed his mind...Well, i guess if i get to great, if not, oh well ill make the best of it>

(ooc: k im reaaaaallllyyyy sleepy, ima head to bed, ill be on alot tom hopefully, laterz, good rp session ^_^)

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
Sar slowly stirred, aware of an annoyingly bright and yellow light penetrating her skull, it's heat practically frying her face to a crisp. Eyes still shut, she raised a hand in front of her face in an attempt to block out what she had, by now, worked out was sunlight. She wasn't a morning person by any means, but this particular morning, she was feeling more comfortable than she had for the past few days. Why is that, she wondered, waiting for her brain to catch up. Her eyes flew open as the events of the past few days caught up with her.

Hurriedly, she got changed into a cleaner, nicer-smelling pair of jeans and her usual top, brushed her teeth and washed her face. She still had her left earring and stomach-ring on, so she just left it at that. When she arrived at the main room of the Pokemon center, she found it... empty. Which was strange considering all those people who were there last night. Nurse Joy handed Sar her two Pokeballs, for which she was grateful. There seemed to be a blizzard outside, and she was glad as hell that she hadn't still been travelling outside when it hit. Then she squinted.

There were people outside. And lots of Pokemon. A black Trapinch was apparently battling a Vulpix, and managed to call up a Sandstorm, knocking the Fire Pokemon unconscious. They were travellers; of that much, she was certain. Which meant that they didn't come from here, which was obvious. The big question was, where were they from? As far as she knew, quite a few of the towns were adhering to the new law, not least to its personal police force the PXS, so these guys were either fugitives or from other redneck towns. Or they could be the Uprising.

She had seen them in a newspaper, right near the start of this whole business. Apparently, they had stolen and were using Pokemon for criminal activities. At the time, Sar had been busy trying to make herself blend in with a crowd, which was hard to do with unnaturally blue hair, so she hadn't paid the article much attention. Still, the fact that they were technically breaking the law made them strangely attractive to the teenager, and she stepped out into the biting cold, her Pokeballs fixed at her waist. The Trapinch's trainer, a boy, withdrew the Pokemon that had been trying to wreck everything in sight.

"Nice Trapinch - cool colour scheme. Shame it doesn't seem to like you very much. It didn't seem to like anything very much, actually," she said conversationally. even though she had actually been trying to be friendly, her voice took on a dry, sarcastic tone. Her people skills weren't the best, due to lack of use, even at the best of times.

Kez_2007

..mmm.... Cookies....
Years
After tasting the first bite, Kez was impressed he knew this wasnt the nurses, none of them actually cooked he did all the cooking, so if he didn't cook it then who did?

He stood up in the middle of the croweded room and asked "Hey, anyone know who our mystery chef is?" with a big grin on his face.

Charlie slowly lifted his hand in the air and placed a gritty smile upon his face.
"Thanks It tastes Great!" He said before sitting down and consuming the rest of his food.
Kez Finished his wonderful Breakfast, "That's Better" he remarked Kez stood up and headed towards the lobby but then suddenly he was suprised to see vic.

"Kez!" yelled Vic,"Can you tell me what happened? And is the intruder catched?"

"whoa whoa whoa, calm down ok? There was an incedet this morning but everything is fine and the person you thought to be an intruder was just a regular trainer take it easy vic ok? turn the alarm bells of and go have some breakfast ok?" with that kez resumed his travels

Suddenly he heard someone yelling, he went to find out whats going on and to his suprise Isabel and charlie had just returned, and some guy was yelling at her.

"Why the hell were you taking a walk in the...oh, nevermind! We- you- have a serious problem! I know you're with the Uprising, but you're all in danger! The PXS knows you're here, and they're on their way! You need to start preparing right away!"

Kez Stepped in "We Know But panicking won't solve anything ok?, and the PXS won't care if your uprising or not you have a pokemon that makes you just as much of a target as anyone else." he pused for breath "Besides She knows What she's doing so have a little faith, and stop Badgering her ok?" Kez walked off quite calmly as he Headed down to the gym.

"Set Battle Stadium..Execute!" The ground moved and Began to change once more Just like when he fought Beo, this time Kez chose a different environment "Set Mountainous Field ... Execute!"

The 4machines at the corners of the stadium began to glow and the area around him began to change, The land became brash and rocky, and little ledges appeared in the small cliffs, the dusty landscape came into full view and Kez was eager to test it out.. "Let's Go Luca!" as the ball was thrown high into the air a red light eminated from it and Luca appeared amidst the dust.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Ikiji lifted the binoculars to his eyes, and scanned the horizon for the third time. Once again, he found nothing.

He'd finished fuming, and was now focused on finding the PXS attack force. He felt a little sorry for Matsuko, stuck back there with....them.

Suddenly, something caught his eye. He zoomed in, and made out a group of three people, all in uniform.

PXS.

But, they weren't headed in the direction of the Gorge; rather they were moving south, almost to the opposite direction of the Gorge.

What in the hell...?

He almost reached for his radio, but stopped himself. This was just a chance patrol. No reason to go raising the alarm just yet. Actually...

He put the binoculars away, and drew his knife. He started to creep towards the trio...
-----------------------
Suddenly, Matsuko's stomach let out a growl. She realized she hadn't eaten anything in a while...

<I'm going to go get something to eat.> She turned and managed to get the door open, and hurried towards the kitchen. She didn't go far before that smell hit her again.

The kitchen was empty now, but the platters of food were still there. She hopped up onto the table, and began greedily stuffing her face from one of the platters. After only a couple of minutes, she was stuffed. Suddenly tired, she laid back, and was asleep in a matter of moments.

She saw a sea of uniformed faces, moving with robotic conformity towards them. She stood and let loose a fierce blast of power, but the mob didn't slow. They were alomst upon the small center. Then, Matsuko noticed one of the soldiers stop, and draw a gun...he fired on his own allies...he turned and ran, but paused a moment and looked back at Matsuko. She froze.

It was that face again. That same, terrifying face.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
"Yeah..." kensai said as yet another person walked up and began talking. "I'll have to work on that.." he said as he put his hand over his injured arm. By then, Scyther had walked back to its trainers side. Kensai was glad that his Scyther had stopped what ever problems it was having with that pikachu. He didnt trust the electric pokemon or its trainer but he didn't want to cause any problems with any of the trainers within the uprising, it could delay his own agenda.

It was cold outside, but kensai was still too weak to make it back to his room, but he wasnt about to let anyone else know that. So he sat there quietly, taking in the surroundings.

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
"whoa whoa whoa, calm down ok? There was an incedet this morning but everything is fine and the person you thought to be an intruder was just a regular trainer take it easy vic ok? turn the alarm bells of and go have some breakfast ok?" with that kez resumed his travels

Suddenly Kez heard someone yelling, he went to find out whats going on, and Vic was alone again…

"Why walks everybody away from me???" thought Vic, feeling hopeless. "Even the intruder was just someone normal…"
"Maybe… Maybe we could fight somebody…We hadn't a fight since… Four days already… Bro, Matre, come out! Do you want a fight?" Both nodded. "Who could be the opponent…?"

Suddenly he saw Greg coming by… "He! Greg, could we battle? I'm pretty bored, so…please?"

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
Greg had just finished off his breakfast, and by God it was delicious. He guessed it was Charlie...
He heard the stadium downstairs shift again, and guessed Kez was setting it up for battles...

... so it was handy when Greg caught sight of Vic, "Hey! Greg, could we battle? I'm pretty bored, so…please?"

"Sure!" replied Greg, "I just caught a new pokemon so he could use a good match. C'mon."

Greg and Vic both walked down to the arena ad saw Kez with one of his pokemon, "Hey Kez, can Vic and I use this gym just now for a quick battle?" asked Greg, "We could do with the training..."

(OOC: Sorry if it's too short =_=)

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
She woke to strange noises from somewhere below her. He sat up and stretched, and took a look at the clock. She'd been asleep for about half an hour. When she heard the noises agai,n she decided to investigate, and followed the sound through the building. After a bit of searching, she found a large chamber with several trainers inside. Suddenly, the entire room shifted!

Matsuko was shocked. The Uprising had their own personal gym?! This was a pleasant surprise. She hadn't had a fight in a while, and while zapping Ikiji was amusing, it lacked the thrill of a real fight. She walked sliently inside, and sat down in a corner to watch the trainers battle.

This is a good chance to see what our new allies are capable of...and maybe I'll get lucky, and they'll invite me to join them.

She watched, eager for a chance to show her own power.
---------------------------------------
Ikiji dragged the last of the patrol into the old shack, and blocked the door from the outside.

Green as they come...these guys were rookies.

He turned to continue his search, but a sudden impulse told him to check the direction the men were headed.

After a bit of walking, he saw something glowing in the distance. Removing his binoculars, he zoomed in on the light...and saw several uniform-clad figures surrounding a fire.

He'd found the PXS camp.

The soldiers were chatting around the fire. A tent stood nearby.

Is this it? The PXS invasion force?

The snow lightened, and Ikiji made out another light, and another group of soldiers. Then another. Then...

Oh no...

He almost dropped his binoculars. He felt his heart sink.

The entire valley was filled with glowing fires- and soldiers.

This wasn't a simple attack force.

This was an army.

Kez_2007

..mmm.... Cookies....
Years
Greg and Vic both walked down to the arena ad saw Kez with one of his pokemon, "Hey Kez, can Vic and I use this gym just now for a quick battle?" asked Greg, "We could do with the training..."

"Actually, I was about to do some training myself..." He had an idea "How about I take you both on? I'll use 2 pokemon you guys one each sound fair?" He awaited their reply.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
Sar looked closer at the owner of the rogue Trapinch. He was badly injured, but obviously trying - and failing - to hide the fact. She pursed her lips, wondering whether she should help him up or not. If it was her being injured, anybody trying to even give her a sympathetic look would probably receive bodily harm. Still, that didn't mean that she would just leave him out there to freeze. Which also meant she had to decide if she was a hypocrite. Strolling nonchalantly towards him and rolling her eyes, she just started to hoist him up, gently, and instructed him to hold on to her shoulder. She was being much more nice than usual - it was probably the food and rest from last night, she decided. Yeah... that was it.

"You're turning blue," she stated before the boy could have any time to protest. With that, she started to walk towards the Pokemon center, and nobody was going to stop her. Least of all the unwilling patient she supported. Then a thought occurred to her.

"You got any other Pokemon?" She asked, her voice clipped.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
He winced as he walked. "I have a Scyther and a demon possessed trapinch. you?" He was only half kidding about the trapinch, something had to be wrong with it, it attacked EVERYTHING. Kensai was cursing at himself in his head, he was being to open with the members here. He couldn't let himself get attached to any of these people, especially in the situation they are in.

I guess i got lucky catching that Trapinch. It's pretty strong, i just need to learn to control it, if i can it will become a very powerful ally to the team. Kensai was still pretty weak from the loss of blood and his arm was very sore. He wished he could just sleep for a whole week but he didnt have the time. He planned on getting a few hours of sleep then begin trying to befriend the Trapinch.

When they arrived inside the pokemon center, Kensai turned and thanked the girl who helped him inside. He slowly made his way back to his room, his Scyther helping him when he would stumble a little. He was numb all over due to the cold, he quickly got out of his clothes and fell into bed burying himself under the pillows and blankets. Scyther layed on the ground next to the bed, closing its eyes to rest but trying not to sleep. This is how its been ever since the incident. When Kensai would sleep, Scyther would stay up as long as it could making sure nothing happened to its trainer. Hopefully soon enough the Trapinch could take turns with Scyther so it could get some more sleep, but for now it couldnt.

Kensai passed out almost immediatly after hitting the bed, all around exhausted from the day. While he was asleep, Trapinch let itself out of its pokeball and began chewing on a leg of one of the tables in the room. Scyther shot up as it saw what was going on and began chewing out the other pokemon.

<What are you doing?!?! why is it you have to attack everything you see???>

Trapinch stopped chewing on the leg and turned to the Scyther. <Eh? Isn't it obvious?> It turned back to the table and began gnawing on it again.

< Uh...No...>

<Well your just dumb then, Its simple really. Im Bored>
It again turned and resumed chewing on the table leg.

<........You can't be serious.......Sigh.....Alright look, If you are really that bored then stay with me and Kensai, i guarantee you that you will get plenty of battle time and you definatly won't be bored.>

Trapinch stopped chewing and stared at the Scyther for almost a minute before it spoke. <okay> It then proceeded to climb onto Kensai's bed and layed on his chest and stared at him for the rest of the time he was asleep.

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Paul woke up late, he opened his eyes and looked round. This bed was just too... ...good, it had been ages since he had slept in a proper bed. Paul looked over to where Slash had been sleeping, to see Slash stood leaning against the wall watching him. I should have known that Slash would be up already. Bolt was stood on the end of the bed stretching. She turned to look at Paul and seeing that he was awake, walked over to him. Sitting up Paul stroked Bolt who purred in response sparks danced across her fur. Right I had better get on. Paul got up and got dressed and washed.

He walked through to the kitchen where a bunch of people were eating breakfast, I really need to learn every ones names, followed by Slash and Bolt. He helped himself to breakfast and sat down at the table.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Twili and Umi both stepped together in union, sending the dark pulses to the man's way. Ashi smiled as the whole thing happened. Fay, Isabel's Espeon, had also joined them and was sitting with Ashi on top of one of the bunk beds. She was staring directly at Umi, her eyes narrowing as each pulse rippled. Ashi had reminded her that she would step in when it got too far, but Fay waited anyways.

"S-s-stop, please! I'm begging you! Please, stop!" the man screamed. Ashi just sighed and watched the show. This man deserved it. He deserved every single bit of it. All the killing, and the stealing. Ashi's gym was gone, her old Pokémon, all of the Pokémon she'd considored as children. All th-

"A-ashi?" A voice whispered from a tiny crack in the door. The voice opened it a bit wider, to reveal his face.

"Josh, get the hell out of here!" Ashi hissed. He stepped back a little, obviously too scared to appose his sister. He took a deep breath and opened the door wide open and stepped inside. His eyes widened as they fell apon the two Umbreons and the man. The man shouted pleas to Josh, but went ignored by Ashi.

"A-ashi! What are you doing! Stop it, now! This isn't like you!" Josh cried. Fay took action and rounded up both Umbreons. Twili grunted and backed away, even though Fay wasn't his partner.

"This isn't like me?! Josh, have you no freaking clue in your head? I haven't seen you since I left from Johto, and you're saying, since I became a gymleader, had my Pokémon killed in front of my eyes and watched people die, you think I haven't changed?! You think I'm still the same happy-go-lucky idiot like you? Well, Josh, I'm not. I don't know why you came, or what your deal is, but if you don't get the hell out of my face, I'm going to punch it," Ashi glared at Josh, who trembled in his shoes.

"I-I-I-I just thought-"

"Well, you thought wrong. Now go off and cry in a little corner," Ashi turned away, her eyes back on the man. He was knocked out cold now, thanks to Twili and Umi. Josh sighed softly, and went outside the room, closing the door softly behind him. So was the Ashi that Josh had known all of his life completely disappeared? He was so sure he had seen her the past few days he had been with the Uprising. Josh slowly walked downstairs and slumped into a chair. Releasing Bon from her PokéBall, he slowly dragged his hands up and down her soft fur. Maybe coming here wasn't such a good idea after all.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Two-on-one? Either this human's good...or he's a moron. I sincerely hope it's the former.

THe man, whom Matsuko had heard referred to as Kez, had just challenged two other trainers to ake him on...at the same time! Matsuko knew that managing two pokemon at once took quite a bit of skill, and she was eager to see if the man could step up.

She watched, her tail twitching in anticipation at their reply.
-----------------------------
The PXS soldiers all carried rather large rifles...and some even had pokeballs.

"Determined, megalomaniacal, and now hypocritical, too. Fighting with pokemon...and yet, they want to wipe them out? That makes perfect sense..."

Ikiji scanned over the camp again. The soldiers were laughing, playing around, killing time. But, despite their jolly appearance, he knew that these people were little more than murderers. They ended entire families of pokemon, crushed the dreams of trainers in to dust...and they walk away completely unfazed by it. They get to keep their pokemon, yet they are determined to wipe them out...

Ikiji scowled. These people offended him. They cause nothing but suffering, but where was their retribution? Where was their payback? Where was their suffering?!

Ikiji scanned again, his anger building, when he saw something that froze him. He nearly dropped his binoculars.

"You have to be kidding me!!"

Zeph.

Years
Greg thought for a few seconds. He was intending to use Blade, but then a 2 on one might confuse a new pokemon, wouldn't it? Besides, Greg had an idea - Charlie seemed a little down. So he could try and cheer him up with a battle.

"Sounds fun, but I'm gonna do some basics with my new Grovyle" he said to the other two, "I'll leave you to it, have fun!"

Greg walked back up into the Centre, and spotted Charlie, looking a little better than from this morning, "Hey Charlie," he said, "I remember you from yesterday, wanna battle?" he asked him.

(OOC: There you go Frozen ;))

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
"Hey Charlie," Greg said, "I remember you from yesterday, wanna battle?" he asked him.

"Sure, but I won't go easy! With PXS approaching, now is the best time! I haven't had much time battling with Gulpin so he'll be pokemon" Charlie replied with a wink and he released his Gulpin.

Charlie had just gotten over Isabel, this was a great time for him to relieve his stress and forget about her.

Kez_2007

..mmm.... Cookies....
Years
"Seeing as we have four battlers how about a two on two? Rocky Needs to work on his teamwork heh" remarked Kez as he returned Luca to it's pokeball

He turned to Zephyer "And I know your gonna do some basics with your new Grovyle so to be fair your team can pick the stage, and besdies what's more basic than teamwork hehe"
Kez tried to gauge their reactions to no avail "So..How wants to pair with me?" Kez asked
He knew it would be either charlie or Greg Seeing as they wanted to battle each other

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
__________________________________________________Vic_________________________________________________________________

"Sounds fun, but I'm gonna do some basics with my new Grovyle" said Greg, looking to Charlie, who walked by, "I'll leave you to it, have fun!"

Greg walked back up into the Centre, and spotted Charlie again, "Hey Charlie," heard Vic Greg say, "I remember you from yesterday, want to battle?"

"Sure, but I won't go easy! With PXS approaching, now is the best time! I haven't had much time battling with Gulpin so he'll be pokemon." Greg and Charlie walked back down.

"Seeing as we have four battlers how about a two on two? Rocky Needs to work on his teamwork heh" remarked Kez as he returned Luca to his pokeball

Kez turned to Zephyer "And I know your gonna do some basics with your new Grovyle so to be fair your team can pick the stage, and besides what's more basic than teamwork? hehe!"

Kez returned: "So..How wants to pair with me?"

"I'm ok with everything" returned Vic, "But I'm going to let my stronger pokemon fight, so maybe I should go with Greg. Sorry Kez…"

"Bro, come out! We're doing a team-battle. Who do you want to fight?"

Bro pointed to Greg and Charlie after a minute. "Ok, guess I have to do what Bro says… I will fight with you Kez!"

Vic turned on Kez' side of the battle field.

_____________________________________________________Bro___________________________________________________________________________

"Bro, come out! We're doing a team-battle. Who do you want to fight?"

Bro thought a while for it, and decided for Greg and Charlie. As he once fight with them, he wanted to know how it was to fight against them…

He pointed to them.

_______________________________________________________________________Vic_______________________________________________________

"Just one thing to say: Keep it to a train-battle, not a fight-or-die session, I saw one outside, and I was shocked…" remarked Vic, before the others could say something.

(OCC: You're ok with that, Zephyr, Kez and Frozen?)

Zeph.

Years
(OOC: Yep, I'm good with that ;), and sorry if it's too short :/)

"Bro eh? That should be good," began Greg before pulling out his Premier Ball, "Go Blade!"

Greg tossed the ball in the air before it released a Grovyle with red leaves on it. The pokemon swung it's arm in a slashing motion and grinned.

"Wow, you certainly seem up for it!" he continued, "Could we have a rocky battlefield Kez?" said Greg, who was really just choosing at random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back