• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Josh, you're on your own there, buddy. It's a no-go for joining, so bye. Stay alive," Sar called out to him, waving as she turned around and left.

"S-Sar! Wait, don't go!" Josh's voice was silent among the madness that was the Centre. Josh pushed his way through the crowd, trying to get to Sar, but she had slipped outside before he could grab her. He shouted her name a few times, but was pushed back.

"Get out of my way!" He pushed hard on whoever was pushing into him. The person fell back to reveal her face; Ashi. Oh shoot, Josh thought to himself.

"Josh?! What the hell are you do-"

"Ashi, just shut up! Get over yourself. I'm looking for someone and it's none of your business," Josh almost snapped at her and ran outside. He was gonna get a load for that one. He glanced around to see her wide-eyed in shock. It was about time he fought back. He fought his way outside to see Sar turning around a corner on the road. Josh forced his legs a little harder, and skidded around the corner, falling over on the wet and snowy path. He stood up and ran towards her, only to see her preparing herself, with ammunition. Josh almost ignored the fact she now had 4 guns on her personal.

"Sar, Sar, Sar," Josh panted. "Sar, don't go! Please, d-don't. Listen, you might not want to be part of the Uprising anymore but, fight with us! We all have a c-common enemy, and we all want to keep our Pokémon! Isabel might be a bit tough but you gotta remember that she's probably c-crapping herself right now and d-doesn't have time to th-think about much other than the fact she's leading an army against another army about t-t-twice or three times the size, with P-p-pokémon as p-p-powerful, or even stronger. Please, d-don't go!" Josh breathed and collapsed. The cold was getting to him, and he'd forgotten to grab his coat. He'd been living in warm climates before he came here, and even then if it got cold, Bon was always here.

"Don't go Sar, please." He breathed, getting up on his knees. "Y-you were so k-kind to me. And I th-think with... if we c-could team up, w-we could be a g-good team!"

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • A familiar, albeit panicked, voice brought her out of her train of thought. "Sar, Sar, Sar, Sar, don't go! Please, d-don't. Listen, you might not want to be part of the Uprising anymore but, fight with us! We all have a c-common enemy, and we all want to keep our Pokémon! Isabel might be a bit tough but you gotta remember that she's probably c-crapping herself right now and d-doesn't have time to th-think about much other than the fact she's leading an army against another army about t-t-twice or three times the size, with P-p-pokémon as p-p-powerful, or even stronger. Please, d-don't go!" Josh stammered before collapsing. He was stiff and frozen, probably because he wasn't used to the climate. Sar herself had adapted to the environment more quickly than she'd hoped.

Sar was amazed that this boy would run after her in such a frenzy, and rather deeply touched. No person had actually cared what she'd done before now. She stepped towards him, her amazement turning into concern which morphed into exasperation. Then he pushed himself up on his knees.

"Don't go Sar, please. Y-you were so k-kind to me. And I th-think with... if we c-could team up, w-we could be a g-good team!" He pleaded, his teeth chattering.

Sar knelt down and put one of his arms over her shoulders. This was the second time in two days that she had done this for two different guys. She really hoped it wouldn't become a habit. In her free hand, she held her supply bags, and scampering around her in an effort to stay warm were Raichu and Burr.

"You idiot," she told him calmly, heading back to the centre. "I tell you 'stay alive' and you throw yourself into freezing weather after me?" She shook her head a little. He had made her worry about him, and she was slightly miffed that she was actually worrying about a human being. "I never intended to leave, anyhow," Sar shrugged her left shoulder - the side she was holding her bags. "We've got no other option but to fight, whether we're with you guys or not. You should stay with the Uprising; there's a chance you guys might win." A very small, improbable chance, but a chance nonetheless.

"Or at least, if you don't win, you might survive. You barely know me. Burr and Tock aren't strong, they just wanna make a difference. We're tired of running and we've got nowhere to go. You, on the other hand... don't you have anything to live for?" She asked as they entered the centre. Ignoring the quieter, if not all that calmer crowd, she set him down into a chair, gently. They've probably discovered that screaming doesn't make an army go away, and that it isn't making other people gather around them to give them comfort, she thought, looking around. Sar turned back to Josh as she waited for him to answer.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    Kensai slapped Ikiji in the face. "Are you that stupid? Look the uprising is just a title, whether you are a member or not you are fighting for a cause. As am I and everyone else. Yes there might be casualties, yes we are outnumbered, and yes, it looks as though there is nothing we can do, but You know, You went and infiltrated their base by yourself. Whether brave or just stupid, you were doing it for YOUR cause. I have my own reasons for fighting and they may not be the same as yours, but the fact is, we have a common enemy. Aside from comrads aside from loyalties and everything else, logically, do you really think you would have a better chance on your own? I have seen you in battle first hand and i know you are capable, but your chances of surviving on your own are far slimmer then to have allies, no matter how good you are. I do not know most of these people and do not trust them but I know they have reasons for fighting and will defend that cause to the very end. Stay with us, and if nothing else rely on me, I cant promise there will not be loss but i promise you, i will not go down without making sure people make it, I do not want anyone else to feel the loss i have because of the PXS. I could really use someone as skilled as you by my side. "

Kensai hated to admit it, but some sort of bond was made between him and Ikiji during their first encounter together with the PXS. He was not willing to lose anyone else close to him, and he was willing to give his life to make sure he didn't. He knew Ikiji was strong, and he was not about to let him not take advantage of that strength inside him.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "We're tired of running and we've got nowhere to go. You, on the other hand... don't you have anything to live for?" Sar sat him down in the chair back in the Centre. It was calmer, quieter, a little at least. Josh sighed, letting the cold air out of his body and the warmth back in.

"... Not really. Mum and Dad are ages away, hiding somewhere, probably captured or something. The chances of seeing them again are null, and I've only been here a few days. Ashi lives by her own rules, and she doesn't need me at all. I've got no relationship with anyone, everyone back home were too busy fleeing. I've only got my Pokémon, and... well, you," Josh almost mouthed the last bit, blushing slightly and pushing his glasses up his nose. He'd only known Sar for a few hours and he was already stupidly out of his league. Josh had never been good with girls and Ashi was just like him when they lived together all those years ago, so Josh had absolutely no idea what he had to do.

"Joshua Summers, who do you think you are and what in god's name do you think you are doing?!" Ashi's voice came grumbling as she stomped through the crowd of people. Josh's bladder almost came loose as he realised what he'd done to her almost moments ago. She had snow flecked in her hair, obviously she had followed him outside before. She was glaring at him, as if she was mentally trying to send daggers from her eyes.

"Ashi! I-I-I," Josh stammered.

"What the hell are you doing? There's a war coming, and you run outside into the freezing cold like an idiot and for what, only to come back again to force yourself to get sick? I can't watch your every step, Joshua-"

"Then don't!" Josh interrupted her. "I'm not the little kid like I was before, almost 5 years ago! I'm 17! 17 years old! Almost an adult! Ashi, you can't keep pushing me around like I'm some child, you have to let go," Josh sighed. He'd always looked up to his sister but sometimes he'd have to take charge. "Ashleigh, I'm capable of making my own decisions and my own choices. Please, let me do what I want."

Ashi glared at him, then sighed. He was right. Last time she had seen him, he was 12, barely capable to even tie his own shoes (well, that might have been overexaggerating a little). She closed her eyes and nodded. She had been a little too harsh before, and he was right. He was right. It was a funny thing, Ashi always made the decisions when they'd been a family, and Ashi was always right. Been a family? They were always family.

"Joshua, I... Okay. Fine, do what you need, we need to win this war," Ashi nodded. Besides, she didn't want to waste her anger on her brother. She needed all the adrenaline she could get from this war. Ashi walked off, back to the front desk, asking the counter if she could buy anything like revives or potions. Josh turned back to Sar, who merely blinked at their argument.

"You said your Pokémon were weak? Let's go downstairs, we can train them. Maybe we could even get Tock to evolve! Then we could run back up here to heal them, or just use my potions. I have enough to pretty much heal an army," Josh patted his backpack, which was buldging with items. He smiled, it felt better to be in control.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Ikiji stood, stunned by Kensai's response. No one had ever done anything like that, or at least done it and lived longer than a few seconds.

Matsuko sparked viciously at Kensai, but Ikiji froze her with a hand.

"Perhaps....you are right. However, I have little experince fighting in an army."

He hesitated a moment.

"I cannot afford to fight alongside others; I am confident Matsuko and I could be much more effective individually. However, if you so insist, we will remain and fight with the Uprising.

"But do not expect me to follow any orders. Matsuko and I fight together, and through our own methods. I will not change that.

"So, will that satisfy you? We shall stay with the Uprising, but fight independantly."

He offered an icy smile.

"Oh, and I do hope that little slap was worth it, because if we survive, I shall see that you regret it."

-----------------------------
    "Oh, and I do hope that little slap was worth it, because if we survive, I shall see that you regret it."

Matsuko eyed Kensai warily.

<Yes. I shall.>

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    Kensai returned a sly grin. "You should know by now im not that great at following orders either." Kensai wasn't worried about Ikiji getting him back, that wasn't important at the moment.

"You know, we could possibly use this terrain to our advantage if we thought about it for a moment."

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • ((Ooc: Doom, you forgot about the four-lines thing again. Yes, I'm going to keep nagging you until you have nightmares even thinking about going under the limit. Grr.))

Sar listened to him thoughtfully as he told her about his family. It seemed that he had given up on meeting with his parents ever again. "I've only got my Pokémon, and..." Sar didn't quite catch the last bit, but she didn't have to be a lip-reader to make out what Josh had said. It took a moment for her to digest the information, and she opened her mouth when somebody spoke.

"Joshua Summers, who do you think you are and what in god's name do you think you are doing?!" The girl... Ashi, Joshua's sister, glared at him. Sar blinked, recovering herself, and stayed silent. Obviously, the two had something to sort out, although she identified a certain commanding attitude while the other girl spoke, and she silently hoped that Josh wouldn't be reduced to a stuttering disarray again. He hadn't made a good start. Secretly, Sar agreed with some of Ashi's points - mainly the one about going out into the freezing cold and getting himself sick with a war coming. However, she disagreed with everything else, and with the way she delivered her lines. It almost made her blood boil, but she had decided to stay quiet, so she bit her tongue.

Then Josh seemed to find some backbone. Sar almost cheered. We are the same age... She inwardly urged him on for the rest of the argument, happy for him as he took charge. Wait... happy for him? Sar froze. Since when did I care about others' trivial family matters? Sar wondered. Then she pushed the thoughts into the back of her mind as Josh turned to her again.

"You said your Pokémon were weak? Let's go downstairs, we can train them. Maybe we could even get Tock to evolve! Then we could run back up here to heal them, or just use my potions. I have enough to pretty much heal an army," Josh smiled. Sar hesitated, but she didn't want to disappoint that smile. Disappoint...? Sar blocked the thought before she could even complete it. Now wasn't the time.

"I doubt they'd get much stronger from a few battles before a war," she told him. "But it's worth a shot. And Tock... she doesn't want to evolve," Sar stared at the Hoothoot's Pokeball thoughtfully. "I dunno why, but since she rarely ever wants anything, I always thought it was reasonable. Besides, you can't force a Pokemon to evolve." Sar looked at Josh. He seemed to have thawed out considerably. Something else occurred to her.

"Josh... did your parents... love you?" She asked distantly before realizing how strange that must have sounded. "Never mind," she told him before reaching out and grabbing his wrist. "C'mon, let's train them," she said a little nervously, trying to cover over her question. She was slightly flushed and avoided his gaze.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • (OOC:No offense, but you still gotta work on making your posts longer; hate to see you kicked before the battle starts...)

"Unfortunately, I know little about the terrain around here. I've done some scouting, but my knowledge isn't as complete as I would like. That's partially why I'd prefer to fight independantly; I have experience in fighting in unfamiliar terrain, but not in a group.

"The blizzard will cause problems for their vehicles. There's also quite a bit of snow on the ground, at least a foot or so, I'd say. Finding a way to melt it would wet the ground, thus amplifying the potentcy of Matsuko's attacks.

"That's all I can think of for now."

Actually, that wasn't true. There was something he could do to tip the scales in the favor of the Uprising. He knew he had to do it. And he hated it.

"Excuse me, I need to check on something. I shall return shortly."

He turned to walk back down the hallway. He paused, and spoke to Kensai in a menacing tone.

"Do NOT follow me."

He made his way through the building until he found a dark, secluded room. Upon searching, he found a cellphone; he didn't know whose it was, and he didn't care. He dialed a specific number, closed the door, and waited in the darkness for a reply. After three rings, someone answered.

"Reilly's Real Estate. How may I be of service." The voice spoke in a dull, uninterested tone.

"Toyo. It's me."

"You're going to have to be a little more specific."

Ikiji sighed audibly. "Mr. Murasashi."

"Who?"

He grimaced, and replied. "Ikiji."

"Heeeeeyy, IKIIIIIJI! How the hell've ya been, man?!"

Ikiji almost dropped the phone at the volume of the voice. He managed to catch it and spoke softly but harshly into it.

"Will you PLEASE keep it down?!"

"Aww, what's wrong? Don't like the sound of my voice or somethin'?"

"I'm in a...sensitive situation, and I'd really prefer it if no one knew what I was doing."

"Haw haw, I know! I'm just yankin' yer chain, Kij!"

"Don't call me Kij."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, 'Mr. Murasashi,' haw haw! So, how's ol' Matsu holdin' up?"

Ikiji grit his teeth. Toyo could try the patience of a rock.

"This isn't a pleasure call, Toyo. This is strictly business."

"Ah, come on, what's wrong with small talk? Nothin' bad about keeping up good customer/supplier relations, is there?"

"Will you please focus."

"Ah, all right already...killjoy...so, whaddaya want already?"

"Potions. Highest quality you've got. Three crates."

"Three...?! The hell, you fightin' an army or somethin', Kij?"

"What was your company motto, again? 'Don't ask, don't tell', wasn't it?"

"Yeah, yeah. Anything else?"

It wouldn't hurt to pick up some boosters.

"Proteins, Irons, Calciums..."

"You want the Buff-It-Up Package. You get all the good stuff at a discount. You'd have to be a fool to pass up on a deal like this!"

"Fine, whatever! Just add it to my purchase."

"That it?"

"Yes."

"Fine. Your total comes to..."

There was a pause as Toyo calculated his expenses, then he related the figure to Ikiji. Ikiji almost dropped the cellphone again.

"The HELL?! Those potions better be in golden, ruby-encrusted bottles for THAT price!"

"Come on, Kij. It's just supply and demand. You want it, I got it, I hold the chips."

Ikiji scowled in the dark. "Fine. You're a criminal, I hope you realize that."

"Tell me something I don't know! So, where's this going?"

"Frosty Gorge."

"Frosty...Gorge....got it. Holy Arceus, Kij, you're really out in the sticks. Why do you..."

"Don't ask, don't tell."

"Yeah, alright. O' course, I'm gonna haveta add a fee for being outside a hotspot."

"Hotspot?! What the hell?!"

"Haw haw! Just business, Kij! So, when do ya want it?"

"Get it here by dusk or no deal."

"Dusk? No problem...as long as you can pay the rush-job penalty."

"Dammit, Toyo!"

"Whaat? You're my best customer! I gotta milk ya for yer worth!"

"Fine! With all of your...penalties, what, dare I ask, is the final charge?"

He told him.

"Grrr..."

"Easy! you don't wanna blow a fuse, now, do ya?"

"Fine. I shall pay upon delivery. And for your sake, I sincerely hope you get it here in time, or you might not have a 'best customer' anymore."

"Kij, what are you-"

He hung up before Toyo could finish. He tossed the phone onto a table and made ofr the door.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    (ooc: >_< sry, a friend showed up when i was typing and just posted what i have, lol ill work on that though.)

Kensai was very tempted to follow Ikiji but decided his time would be better used to prepare his own pokemon for battle. He walked outside and found a secluded area where he could address his team without any interuption. He released all his pokemon and he looked at each one for atleast a minute trying to figure out the best strategy to use.

"Okay guys, im not going to lie, the upcoming battle could be our last, unless we do EVERYTHING we can against the foe. Okay, lets start with with Vibrava. When the battle begins I want you to use your dig to make your way to the back of the upcoming horde. Once you are out, use your sandstorm to do as much damage as you can, hopefully it will cause confusion to the front lines, but i will not bank on it. Once you have used a few Sandstorms i want you to use your sandtomb attack on as many vehicles as you can find. Once that is done return to me and join us at the main battle." Vibrava nodded, It knew even if this isn't what it wanted to do, Kensai was not someone to mess with right now.

Kensai then turned to Meditite. "Although I am reluctent to say it, Meditite i need your strength. You will be staying with the main group. You will use your force Palm to push any enemy commanders you can find. Even if it is just momentary, the lack of command could cause them to make mistakes." Meditite nodded lightly and began floating and meditating as it normally did, acting as if nothing was about to happen.

"Scyther, I know how strong you are, and trust me, i will be taking full advantage of that knowledgte. You will stay with me, and I will direct you on which way and whom to attack." Scyther lifted its blade into the air roaring showing how pumped it is for the battle.

Kensai then noticed his two newest companions. They weren't very experienced in battle and did not know much about battling, but as much as Kensai didn't want to involve them, he knew he had to use every resource he had in order to even stand the slightest chance of winning this battle. As he was thinking of what he could have the two doing, he had an idea. "Okay, Mudkip you will be standing on the left side of me, as the enemy comes within range i want you to use your water gun to soak as many of them as you can. Not only will that make the weather much more severe for them, it will make Ikiji's pikachu's attacks a lot more leathal. Treeko, I know we were practicing your quick attack but for now i need you to stay back and fight at a distance. I want you to use your bullet seed as often as you can at the enemy, that will definatly slow them down. You two are officially in charge of slowing down the enemy as far as our part of the battle is concerned." Kensai was beginning to get tense. He wasn't affraid, just wanting this battle to begin.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Josh... did your parents... love you?"

"Uhrr," Josh started before Sar cut him off with a "Never mind." She grabbed his arm and pulled him downstairs, facing the other way. "C'mon, let's train them," her voice shook slightly. Josh blushed as Sar grabbed his arm. First her hand on his shoulder now his arm. Josh almost slapped himself. Whoa boy, he thought, calm down. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves, you've only known this girl for a few hours.

The battlefield was as it was a few minutes ago, debris and rubble thrown across the ground. Josh released all his Pokémon, Stone, Knight, Alex, Bon and Lee. They already knew what they were doing and took their places on the other side of the field. A Raichu had followed them down, the very same that had been following Sar around.

"So, who do you want to battle, Sar?"

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Ikiji had wandered off somewhere, but Matsuko thought it best not to follow him. She noticed Sar heading down to the gym with another trainer she didn't recognize.

Sar might be ticked at Kij, but she has no reason to be hostile towards me. I should probably just relax for now, at least until the stiffness wears off. Besides, I'd like to see how Sar performs in a battle.

Matsuko subtly followed the two to the gym, where they took positions on opposite sides of the still-leveled field. The unfamiliar trainer released several pokemon. He turned to Sar.

"So, who do you want to battle, Sar?"

Matsuko noticed the Raichu still following Sar around. Matsuko silently hoped he'd get a chance to battle; she'd whooped him quickly and never really got a chance to see him fight. She watched silently, waiting for Sar's response.

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • "So, who do you want to battle, Sar?" Josh asked after releasing all his Pokemon. Sar felt a bit anxious, but was relieved Josh seemed to let her question go. His Pokemon were obviously strong, so she would have to try using either speed or have some very good tricks up her sleeve. The fact was that she wasn't very used to battling against someone for mere practice. She'd always done with obstacle courses and such-forth.

She looked down at Burr questioningly. He looked back with a stare that meant 'I don't mind, whichever you think is best.' She sighed. Well, I doubt that neither Tock nor Burr could do much damage against... Stone, was it? I think... yes, the two should practice going against long-distant attacks, so that's Bon and Knight. Yes, we'll go with Bon.

"Bon, then. I'll use Burr first," she informed him. The Raticate looked pleased as he scrambled forward onto the rough ground of the arena. He clicked his teeth in a mock-aggressive pose, his fur bristling with excitement. Sar shook her head. Well, at least he looks happy... She thought bemusedly. She prepared herself as she waited for Josh to make the first move.

That was another thing... she didn't fight if she could help it. And she almost always reciprocated in fights instead of starting them. Well, this is it. I'm rather certain that Bon is on a higher level than Burr, and should be able to defeat him, but... We'll try to give them a good show, eh? Ready when you are.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "Well, let's heat this place up. The harder the conditions, the more experience!" Which was probably the reason why Josh's own Pokémon evolved so fast. They were always on the move and the situation was always dire. "C'mon Bon, use Flamethrower on the field!"

Bon nodded and shot jets of fire everywhere. They didn't stay aflame, they just really made the ground hot. Besides, dirt or cement doesn't really burn all that well.

"Okay Bon, to start of the battle, use Crunch!" Bon nodded and charged foward across the arena, slightly less than full speed, towards Burr. Her body seemed to slightly radiate a dark glow, as if signaling the foe that it was a dark type attack.

<Just how strong are you, anyways?> Bon barked as she clamped her teeth into Burr.

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • The ground warmed up until it became slightly uncomfortable for Burr, but not enough to cause him any pain.

Bon charged, aiming to pull off a Crunch attack. <Just how strong are you, anyways?> She asked, clamping her jaw shut as she reached him.

<Not very, I'm afraid,> he replied, before twisting hard to the right at the last moment. The Houndoom received a faceful of fur, barely managing to scrape him, before he slithered alongside the Pokemon who was trying to dig her heels into the ground. Sar was proud of the Raticate.

"Burr, Quick Attack!" She yelled. Bon should have a hard time dodging that at least, from such close quarters.

Burr kicked up off the ground, trailing a white light, readying himself for the impact.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    <Not very, I'm afraid,> Burr replied as he twisted out of the way.

Bon was fast too, jumping out of the way, but Burr's head smacked her in the top part of her legs. It wasn't painful and didn't wound Bon at the slightest. She frowned as she slid across the floor when she landed, and barked a few times at Burr.

<I'm not sure if getting hit or going harder is better for you or not,> Bon sighed. She started running again, waiting for her trainer's directions.

"Bon, try a Fire Fang!" Josh shouted. It had been a while since he'd had a proper battle, for the fun of it. The fire welled up in Bon's mouth, licking around her teeth. This time, even if she missed, she could shoot little fireballs at Burr from her mouth. She jumped and tackled Burr, and taking a bite at whatever Burr she could get.

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • Both Pokemon slid a little after the miss.

<I'm not sure if getting hit or going harder is better for you or not,> Bon contemplated, moving. Burr didn't reply, watching her carefully. Josh yelled at her to use Fire Fang, and she complied, flames beginning to spew from her mouth. She charged forward again. Oh, crud. She thought furiously. Burr wasn't fast enough - it would have been easier to dodge this attack if he was a Rattata, actually. But... Well, no pain, no gain.

"Jump on her - Hyper Fang!" She yelled. Somebody yelled beside her, and she registered that it was the Raichu before focusing solely on the battle again.

Burr sprang, jumping onto Bon's muzzle and getting burnt in the process before coming down, hard, onto the other Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    This time, the Raticate's fangs stabbed into Bon's muzzle. She let out a yelp as Burr did too, shaking her head vigorously. Burr refused to let go, holding on tight. She threw her head to both sides, feeling Burr's grip tightening, but not coming off altogether. She barked a few times to try and get him off, but he just clung on like gum to a shoe. It was uncomfortable having teeth lodged into your snout. Bon's eye caught a spash of red on the ground, obviously the bite had brought blood to the surface.

"Bon, just use your Flamethrower! The fire might force him off!" Bon released a jet of fire, her snout heating up. She shot off flames everywhere, but carefully making sure they missed Sar and Josh. She shot a continous flow of fire towards the ground, forcing the fire to bounce off the cement and back into Bon's face. The fire itself didn't hurt Bon at all, being a fire type, but the heat would start to have some effect on Burr sooner or later.

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • Burr held on to Bon grimly as the canine started trying to shake him off. His blood ran cold, however, when her trainer told her to use flamethrower. Instantly, the Houndoom's snout became scorching hot, and soon after, sparks of flames rebounded uncomfortably close to his eyes. The unnerved Raticate let go, whiskers singed, and scrambled to get away from her fiery snout, managing to climb onto her back.

"Hyper Fang ag..." Sar started to yell before Burr lost his balance and toppled down virtually underneath Bon. "Quick Attack upwards!"

Raichu yelled encouragement, punching the air as he really got into the battle. <Yeah! Take that! Go Burr! Go Bon! If you guys can't do it, nobody can!> He whooped.

Whose side is he on? Burr thought as he rocketed upwards again. There were only a few inches between the two Pokemon. But Bon might be able to dodge it, anyhow. She's good. He thought amiably.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    The Raichu cheered on the sidelines, but Bon ignored it, she didn't need distractions. Burr was under her and jumped forward for a Quick Attack. Bon jumped back from reflexes, receiving a light kick in the face. She snapped her head back, also from reflexes, smacking the Raticate back hard as she could into the cement floor, causing the ground to crack slightly.

<Sorry!> Bon gasped, stepping back. The last time Bon had fought was when she was on the run, so being as tough as she could be was merely a habit.

"Bon, just toast him! Well, don't make him faint!" Josh shouted out. Bon arched her head back and shot a Flamethrower, directly at Burr. She held back a bit, not only at her trainer's orders, but because she wanted Burr to get as tough as he could.

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • Ah, I thought so, some part in Burr's mind said in a distant tone. He was slammed forcefully into the ground, and spots coloured his vision. His focus returned just as the bright ball of flame formed in Bon's mouth. He couldn't get up in time to dodge it... He was going to be burnt to a crisp.

Raichu stared at them wide-eyed, his hands over his mouth. <Uh oh...> He breathed, enraptured. If Sar had looked over at the Raichu, she would have rolled her eyes. "Protect!" She yelled.

Oh, right... Burr finally remembered the move, and managed to erect a glowing, green barrier around his form. The flames flowed around it, leaving Burr winded and still in pain and slightly charred, but fighting. The Raichu cheered again.

Sar hesitated as the barrier disappeared. I've really only got those three moves. I can't win. Ah, well; never give up, as some idiots sometimes say, she thought.

"Quick Attack," she commanded. Burr obeyed, rushing forward to meet with Bon once again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back