• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Liberating the Katsu Region

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
(OOC: Interweb troubles lately. Thought I should post while I could)

The rain: It got louder and louder with every passing moment, but the noise wasn't unbearable, instead almost calming. The rain wasn't cold, but not warm. It wasn't large nor small It was numerous but not overbearing. It didn't help, didn't hurt, nor halt nor falter. It didn't change itself, or anything around it. But it did do one thing: it washed away the blood.

"Chris! Chris! Are you all right!?"

Paul's voice echoed through the street, snapping Chris out of his stupor. Paul was the first to arrive, quickly followed by Beo, Audrey, and Issac. moments, most of the Uprising had crowded around him.

Isaac immediately pushed the others to the side, kneeling down.

"Chris. How are ya, buddy?" the recruit said as if nothing was wrong quickly searching through his bag and pulling out bottle of cheap wine. "I originally bought this in the city to celebrate our victory. Funny how things change, eh?" Isaac placed the bottle on the ground and took off his once again drenched jacket. He then turned Audrey and smiled," Don't worry. I got this. I have been treated my own wounds for a few years now. At the very worst, I can probably treat him well enough to get him to a hospital or something. He'll be fine."

"No Hospital. Just hurry up." Chris grimaced/panted. A hospital wouldn't help him anyways. Plus, they had no time for that.

"Alright, buddy. I am going to have to take off your shirt, only because you are so beautiful,"

Chris didn't say a word, just making a mental note to kill Isaac later as the self-proclaimed medic took a swig.

"Maybe it is a good thing we are using this for medicinal purposes," he chuckled. "This is probably going to hurt…"

Any more than it did already? Doubtful.

Oh. How wrong Chris was.

Without much hesitation, he closed his eyes and dumped a fair amount of the bottle on the wounded chest of Chris, before dousing his jacket with a fair amount, leaving half the bottle left on the ground. Isaac pressed his now alcoholic jacket onto Chris' chest and applied pressure. Chris gasped as the alcohol burned his open wound, but quickly regained his composure.

"Some &#%@ing doctor you are!" He groaned through clenched teeth and sporadic coughs. Weren't doctors supposed to help with the pain?

Chris did his best to keep a straight face, but couldn't help but wince and squirm as the wine leaked into his wound.

"This should help with the bleeding and should prevent any infection." Isaac claimed, pressing harder before letting go. "Can you keep the pressure on that for me?" Isaac asked.

"Sure thing, Nurse Joy." Chris weakly grinned. . (Oh good. He still had the energy to make lame jokes. At least we have that.)

"That should do for now. We need bandages. Anyone got something?"

"In the truck. And it's fine for now… thanks." Chris said, pushing Issac away him and giving him the wine-soaked jacket back. "We need to get going." With a shaky arm, Chris slowly lifted himself onto two feet, but only was able to take but one step forwards before falling to a knee, dropping the wine soaked jacket in a puddle . Almost immediately, one hand clutched his chest, while the other was held up in front of him, both a warning and order to the others not to help him. Only his Pokemon, his Buizel, Takeo, disobeyed, doing his best to help his trainer up. With a few deep breaths and a painful groan, Chris rose back up to his feet, stumbling towards the trucks, panting out orders as he clenched his chest in pain.

"Greg: Drive. Beo: Follow us in the other truck. Recruits: With Beo. Audrey:... "Chris paused to cough and wince in pain.. "...Painkiller… Let's go."

The sooner they got to Is, the better.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
(OOC: I have no excuse for lateness. I'm sorry ;.;)

Greg was left a little confused at first. He stood at the original rally point - alone. It only occurred to him after a few moments that something must have been wrong.

He wandered around the warehouses once more - trying to locate anyone he could. A mixture of surprise and anxiety came over him when he saw what seemed like everyone underneath a single lamp-post. What were they doing there, though?

As Greg got closer, he clearly saw the man in charge - Chris - encouragingly on the deck, dripping with blood.

"Jesus Chris what the hell happened to you?" Greg asked, more inquisitively than anything, somehow sensing that the last thing he wanted was sympathy. However, instead of a filling-in, he was met with,

"Greg: drive." The surprised look that adopted Greg's face once more soon disappeared as he saw the trucks Chris was hobbling towards.

"Aye aye sir..." Greg mumbled, walking past the jacket chris had dropped in a puddle. he picked it up, and suddenly took a whiff. It smelled like a brewery for some reason.

"Here, put this on," he said, thrusting the jacket in Chris's arms, "you're not much use to us frozen now, are you?"

Greg stood aside the army-like truck he was entrusted with. A small grin overcame him - he had gone to the trouble of learning a bit of driving back in Sinnoh, for just such an occasion.

He swung the driver's door open, pulling himself into the seat. What luck - the keys were lying on the passenger seat. After a few seconds fumbling with the keys, he clicked them in the ignition and revved the vehicle into life.

Greg slammed the door shut, leaning out the window to adress Chris once more, "Where to now, boss?" The grin persisted on staying.

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Isaac arrived shortly after Paul and Beo found Chris and began treating his wounds, Audrey also turned up at some point but Paul wasn't exactly when

"Chris. How are ya, buddy?" Isaac said he pulled a bottle of wine out of his bag. "I originally bought this in the city to celebrate our victory. Funny how things change, eh?" Paul made a mental note to check that the guy wasn't an alcoholic later.
" Don't worry. I got this. I have been treated my own wounds for a few years now. At the very worst, I can probably treat him well enough to get him to a hospital or something. He'll be fine." Isaac said to Audrey as he took his jacket off.

"No hospital. Just hurry up." Chris added, a pained expression on his face.

"Alright, buddy. I am going to have to take off your shirt, only because you are so beautiful," Isaac joked, Chris did not seem amused. Paul actually found it pretty funny but given the circumstances he didn't laugh. As Isaac removed Chris's shirt Paul saw the wound, it looked like some kind of claw had slashed across his chest.

Isaac took as wig of the wine and chuckled as he said "Maybe it is a good thing we are using this for medicinal purposes. This is probably going to hurt…" Wait isn't the patient supposed to have a drink to dull the pain not the doctor Paul thought to himself, his suspicions were growing.
Chris was quite clearly in pain as Isaac proceed to pour nearly half a bottle of wine on Chris's wound followed by dousing his jacket in wine and applying it to the wound directly and making Chris gasp in pain again but only briefly.

"Some &#%@ing doctor you are!" Chris said coughing and grimacing from the pain.

"This should help with the bleeding and should prevent any infection." Isaac said applying pressure before getting Chris to take over. "Can you keep the pressure on that for me?"

"Sure thing, Nurse Joy." Chris still had his sense of humour.

"That should do for now. We need bandages. Anyone got something?" Isaac asked.

"In the truck. And it's fine for now… thanks." Chris attempted to stand up giving Isaac his jacket back. "We need to get going." Chris fell back onto his knees one hand on his chest the other stopping anyone form helping him. Paul felt like telling him not to be a martyr but decided otherwise. As his Pokemon helped him up Chris began giving orders. They began heading towards the trucks they had arrived in.

"Greg: Drive. Beo: Follow us in the other truck. Recruits: With Beo. Audrey:... "Chris said pausing to cough "...Painkiller… Let's go."

"Weren't we supposed to be looking for some PXS base here? Why are we pulling out so soon?" Paul asked Beo, as they headed towards the trucks, he could get more information out of him than Chris who was acting more than a little odd right now. He paused long enough for Beo to reply. "Do you think Chris will be alright? That wound seemed quite serious, shouldn't he be taking it easy now?"

Paul stopped talking until the reached the truck, where he headed straight round to the passenger door, the recruits would just have to squeeze in the back. "Beo remind me did we say it was safe to let our Pokemon out in the truck? I wanted to let Mist, My Swabul out for a bit." He said as he took hold of the door handle about to get in the truck.
(OOC: Stupid Android phone wrote this out once on it on busy train and go to save it (in my CP free space) and it failed to save, deleating it it X$ (random made up angry emote, will that work?, no) So I've had to write it up again, which I don't mind but I was having a bad day at the time so :( )

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
All Beo could do was sit there and watch as Issac worked to patch Chris up. He could tell Chris was in a lot of pain, and he hated seeing that. The rest of the members began to fill in, as Greg was the last to approach. Beo began to walk over to him but was met with Chris standing up and dishing out orders... <Natural Chris> he thought to himself.

"Greg: Drive. Beo: Follow us in the other truck. Recruits: With Beo. Audrey:... "Chris said pausing to cough "...Painkiller… Let's go." Chris said the orders as loud as he could before getting into the other car.

"Alright everyone, let's move you heard Chris, everyone else into the truck with me" he shouted the orders hoping to get everyone out of the current state of shock.

"Weren't we supposed to be looking for some PXS base here? Why are we pulling out so soon?" Paul asked before continuing on with another thought "Do you think Chris will be alright? That wound seemed quite serious, shouldn't he be taking it easy now?"

"Honestly Paul, I think Isabel may have set us up... Something gives me that feeling, and the look on Chris's face when he gave those orders makes me believe that's the case." He paused to take a breath.. "Secondly Chris is one tough dude, which is why he is second in command, now stop blabbing and get in the truck" He said with sarcasm trying to lighten the mood before jumping into the drivers seat.

"Beo remind me did we say it was safe to let our Pokemon out in the truck? I wanted to let Mist, My Swabul out for a bit." He said as he took hold of the door handle about to get in the truck.

"I don't see why that's a problem, Swablu's aren't to big... just try to keep it on your lap and don't let it fly around... Now everyone into the truck, fasten your seat belts and here we go" Beo said putting a grin on his face as he roared the truck engine. He'd never actually driven an automobile before, so this outta be an experience.

(Could have been better, but i'm swamped in class work, and making lesson plans for my student teaching etc... anyways it gets the point across)

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
(OCC: Am I the only one that thinks that saying Pokeball and Pokemon in the same sentence sounds redundant? Well whatever, this is what I think about at 4am by the way... Anyways, shoddy internets are shoddy, so I figured I'll post something very "meh" while I can. I'll post again later about arriving at the base, finding stuff and things... blah blah blah etc etc. <.<; )

"Where to now, boss?" Asked Greg, leaning out of the car window, a wide grin covering his face.

"East. " Chris shouted back, the single word causing his chest to flare up in pain. "It shouldn't be that hard to find. Just look for the only place with the lights on."

Tossing the soaking wet jacket inside, Chris, with a wince of pain and the help of his Buziel, clambered in to the back of the army-style truck, mostly glad just to get out of the rain. He climbed over to his backpack, thrown in the back before the mission, pulling his new Zoroark's Pokeball out of his pocket. Chris stared at it momentarily before placing it with the rest of his Pokemon's Pokeballs. He didn't know if he would tell the others about what happened or even how he got it. That is, if he could release the Pokemon without it tearing his face off.

Takeo jumped into the back of the truck as Chris rummaged through it, soon finding what he was looking for, the Buizel's Pokeball. The Pokemon walked over to him, arms crossed a slight grin on it's face as well. Glad to see he was back to his old self. With a paw, he pointed to his own chest.

"Yeah. I'll be fine."

"Buizel."

"No. I'm not lying."

"Zel?"

"Yes. It hurts quite a bit."

"Bui Bui Buizel?"

"I dunno what they were doing there. Just bad luck I guess."

"Buizel."

"Yeah. But... I dunno. It could've been a lot worse."

"Bui Bui Bui."

"What?"

With a sigh, the Takeo uncrossed his arms, saluted, and returned to his previous stance.

"Oh. Is? She'll be... fine."

"Buizel, Zel!"

"Yeah. The sooner we finish this, the sooner we can get back on the battling scene. I promise."

"Bui."

"No. I haven't said that a million times before. And look, we're just helping out."

"Bui Bui."

A silence passed between the two, quickly broken by Chris.

"But anyways, thanks, Takeo. You really saved me back there. Take a good rest." Chris returned the Pokemon to its ball before it got a chance to protest, immediately placing the ball in his bag. With a sigh, he rummaged through his knapsack, grabbing both a few bandage wraps and a bottle of painkillers, quickly choking down three of the latter. He leaned back in the seat, again wincing as his chest pulsed with pain. Taking a deep breath, he took off his shirt and began doing his best to wrap himself up.

Liacri

moral support penguin
Years
"Don't worry. I got this. I have been treating my own wounds for a few years now. At the very worst, I can probably treat him well enough to get him to a hospital or something. He'll be fine."

Audrey looked in the direction of the voice. Isaac smiled up at her before looking back to Chris and beginning to treat him. The words were well-meant, but did little to comfort her. Sabey was in trouble; Chris was in trouble. Not worrying seemed out of the question. She'd trust Isaac, but even knowing that didn't help her. It looked like it hurt so much. Chris could hardly walk, but he wouldn't take help. She tried to tell herself how that was just like Chris, how she didn't need to worry, but she couldn't stop herself from worrying no matter what she thought.

"Greg: Drive. Beo: Follow us in the other truck. Recruits: With Beo. Audrey..." Chris broke off, coughing. He grimaced with pain as he finished. "...Painkiller... Let's go." He started off toward the trucks. Thunder rumbled somewhere in the distance. Audrey bit her lip, and she could feel it trembling. The rain had soaked her through, but it wasn't only the cold that was making her shake. She gave a nod of affirmation, but Chris had already turned away. She followed and climbed into the back of one the two trucks the Uprising had requisitioned, neither knowing nor caring which was which. Before she'd left Hoenn, her brother had given her a medical kit, but she didn't know what was in it or what to do with it. She rummaged around in the bag for a minute and, finally finding it, pulled it out, although she thought Chris probably had his own supplies.

Audrey hugged her knees to herself and buried her face in them. Even out of the rain, she was still trembling. She couldn't shake the sense of dread and fear that had come over her in the warehouse. Mixed ink and water dripped from the letter she still clutched in one hand. It was so wet that fibers of the paper were beginning to pull apart in some places. Reading it now would probably be impossible, but Audrey didn't need to read it again. She knew what it said.

It's going to be okay. We're going to help Sabey. It's going to be okay. Chris will be all right too. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay....

"Keep smiling, little sis."

The medical kit bumped against her leg as the truck roared into life. It came to a steady rumble beneath her as the other vehicle started nearby, but Audrey didn't notice. She picked up the box, looking over the supplies. They were nothing out of the ordinary. Just a reminder that someone cared about her even if he was a world away. She'd keep smiling for him. And for everyone else, too. It was the least she could do.

Back