• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Liberating the Katsu Region

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
  • (OOC: Also a phail post ^^""")

"Oh!" Isabel exclaimed, suddenly remembering something. "And make sure that everyone is properly armed. If there's anyone who you think will have a hard time with what they have, let them use Eve. She'll know what to do and doesn't need to have instruction from a trainer."

Chris took the Eevee's Pokeball. The Eevee was pretty strong, for an Eevee that is, and would no doubt be helpful to someone, even if it was Chris.

"And remember," she said in a firm voice, again meeting his eyes sharply. "Open this at twelve and only at twelve."

Oh... that made it all the harder to keep that letter sealed. He said something along the lines of "of course. Whadduya take me for?", but Chris could almost feel the letter calling out from his backpack. What was that important it had to be opened exactly at 12?

"Charlie," she yelled, snapping Chris into reality. "It's time to move out!"

Isabel returned her attention to Chris.

"Good luck. I… believe in you. Er, your judgment," she said.

"Thanks... I think." Chris grinned, twirling Eve's Pokeball on his finger, before catching it in a fist. "Don't worry. We'll be fine."

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • (OOC: Short fail post)

Isaac was still lost in his thoughts, hearing nothing muffled voices in the background. Audrey's story was hard to digest in its entirety. In hindsight, perhaps he should of asked for her to tell it in parts. Not to mention, he did make her cry. Making little girls cry. That's a job for mean fathers. Ack! That must mean I'll be a horrible dad! Isaac thought, almost tearing at that realization. One of his dreams was to be father, but now he was beginning to second guess himself. Zombified at the newfound truth, Isaac dropped down to his heads, removing his backpack from his pack digging through his junk for a water bottle. "All that thinking made me thirsty," he said to himself. Standing back up, Isaac downed most of the water in a single gulp as if he was dying from thirst. Closing his eyes with content, a smile stretched across his face. "Water is always better when you are thirsty," he said to no one in particular.

Slowly opening his eyes, Isaac then found himself in shock. Dropping the near empty water bottle, Isaac leapt over Audrey and lifted the green-haired woman off the ground. "Sheila! I thought I lost you in that horrible maze of a city!" He began rubbing his face across hers like an owner finding a lost child or pet. "Where did you go? One second I was buying some water talking to you and the next moment everyone was staring at me because I was laughing at myself. You ditched me, didn't you?" He questioned, dropping her after that. "Meanie…" He mumbled under his breath giving her the cold shoulder. A few seconds later, he turned around and looked at her with a smile. "I am just joking with ya," He offered a hand to help her up. "Sorry about that. I guess I got excited after seeing that you again. I did miss you after all."

It was true he had only made a few friends within the Uprising so far. I've only really talked to three people so far. Audrey, Sheila...and Chris. I wonder what he is doing right about now. I better pay him a visit soon. Maybe he has an idea what we are doing.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    (OOC: joint post between me and Sweet_Dreams!)

Sar waited patiently - for a given measure of patient. The group had already gone ahead and Josh was still nowhere in sight. That wasn't too bad, she supposed. If they missed the group then that meant that she and Josh would have to give up and go home and not participate in something that people in the business called suicide missions. But although this was a warm and lovely thought, she couldn't stop the hair on the back of her neck from standing up or keep herself from shifting restlessly from foot to foot. Her Pokemon were hidden safely away in their Pokeballs, which meant that she felt extremely exposed.

Her fingers twitched toward her Pokeball as something rustled in the bushes before she forced herself to relax. That was another thing that got on her nerves - she hadn't seen or heard a wild Pokemon in what felt like forever. The silence frazzled her, because in Johto if it was silent that meant that there was danger.

Instead of some dangerous or blood-thirsty Pokémon, it was Josh, perhaps the definitive opposite of dangerous and blood thirsty. He was covered in an assortment of foliage (his glasses had also picked up some leaves with the odd smudge of dirt on his cheek. He wore the goofiest smile and widened it as his eyes landed on Sar. He pulled his falling backpack back onto his shoulder and stepped out into the open.

"S-sorry," he said, pulling on his nose, his grin almost blinding. "I got lost." Lost was hardly the word. Hopelessly stranded. As soon as he heard the group had left, he bolted. In the wrong direction. Luckily, he had concealed himself and used Knight's psychic abilities to get some kind of bearings. When that worked, he just ran. True, he got lost again, but he had found Sar now!

Sar sighed, but she couldn't really be annoyed at him. Although she could barely admit it to herself, she felt better now that she knew Josh was there. Whether it was because she knew Josh was safe or whether she felt safer herself she could not for the life of her figure out which.

She gave his shoulder a light push in the direction that the Uprising had gone and muttered a quiet "Hurry up."

"Okay, okay," Josh nodded, moving his feet as Sar walked. He was an idiot for letting her get out of his sights, only to look more like an idiot when he found her again. He laughed a little. He knew Sar thought he was childish and probably stupid but this probably worsened the condition. No matter! He would erase all judgement with some light, serious conversation! "So, where are we going?" As soon as the words left his mouth, he realised how more stupid he sounded (and felt).

Sar gave him a look. "Don't you remember how things work?" she asked dryly. "Nobody ever knows what we're doing or even who are members or not."

Still, being there was bringing back memories - of outrage and loss and pain and exhaustion. A place where the choice was to lose her only friends or to fight. And that was a far cry from peace and justice.

"Right, right, I forgot," Josh added with a small laugh. She wasn't kidding. Josh barely knew what he was doing at Frosty Gorge and Sar wasn't even an official member until... maybe now? He didn't even know. He was glad though that he was lost with Sar, and not with some other random 12 year old who liked samurai swords. Which, seemed to be the key members in the Uprising. "But I'm guessing we should find our way back to the others, right?"

Sar had set the pace to something approaching a light jog, Josh following close behind and had pretty much ignored the question in favour of speeding up slightly. It wasn't too long before they heard the unmistakeable sounds of the Uprising ahead and they slowed down. Isabel's voice clearly rose above the others and she was giving some sort of announcement. The two joined the small crowd. Josh saw a bunch of familiar faces and smiled.

"Hey guys, remember me?" Josh grinned stupidly. He had met a few of them before, but not enough of them.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • (OOC: Fail posts must be popular these days -.-)

Charlie's eyes were flooded with tears. So mean.

She had deserted him so that she could speak with Chris. Why does he have to be so special?

He continued sobbing endlessly. And I can't even send out Munch to cheer me up.

He sniffed obnoxiously and then remembered something. He remembered the day that he had set out with her in the snow and the day that he had made her laugh. What happened to those days?

"Charlie, we're moving out." Charlie's ears perked a little. At least now she needed him.

"Alright! To the secret..." He hushed himself. Opps, I almost blew it. He smirked. Now I'm the important one now!

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • Rain fell almost as lightly as Chris's steps as he led the Uprising through the alley ways, taking care to check around each and every corner, taking care of all the lives that were in his hands. The streetlights above flickered, their light glowing eerily off of every surface. The Uprising was in the port of Olema, a small city an hour northwest of Chipper. The city was once a huge economical center of Katsu, containing both a thriving port and a railway hub. But the whole city felt the pain when the PXS started regulating trade. In a few short years, the once flourishing port was all but abandoned. Some ships still rotted in the bay, and the rows upon rows of Warehouses were abandoned, cleaned out of all supplies, or so everyone was told.

Water splashed around Chris as they turned the corner, their target coming into view: Warehouse 32. On the outside, it looked like nothing more than the hundreds of other warehouses, abandoned and decayed, (par the giant 32 on the outside) but according to Isabel, it was the weapons cache they were looking for.

Although abandoned, Olema was still a strategic location, especially to the PXS. With little to no people living here, they were free to export and import whatever they desired without the fear of discovery.

Including Pokemon.

Chris scurried over to the edge of the warehouse, his Buizel, Takeo, following closely on all fours. This would be the water-weasel's first mission as well, but Chris knew he could count on the Pokemon. The pair hugged the wall, checking to make sure nobody saw them before signaling the rest of the Uprising to follow.

Wiping some of the water from off of his face, Chris shuffled over to a side door, taking a M9 Pistol off of his belt, motioning for two of the senior members, Greg and Beo, to take positions on the other side. The contact could only give him small arms, but it should be enough.

Time to show these recruits what they were up against.

Chris slowly raised his hand into the air, eyes meeting everyone in the group.

3… 2… 1…

Chris kicked the door open, and in one swift movement, both turned the corner and aimed down the barrel of the gun at… no one. Takeo rushed in next to him, ever vigilant alongside his trainer. Slowly, Chris took one step after another, walking deeper into the darkness, motioning for the others to follow.

Something was off, and not just the lights. A crack of lightning shone through the windows of the warehouse, for a brief second, lighting the whole building, and for a brief second, revealing an empty warehouse.

Chris grinded his teeth, what was wrong?

"Greg! Beo!" Chris hissed, keeping his voice low as he holstered his pistol. "Divide up the recruits. Check the adjacent warehouses. Try to keep it quiet, and report back here when you're done."

As the Uprising dispersed, Chris reached into his backpack, carefully pulling out both the letter Isabel gave him, and a flashlight.

"Sorry Is." He mumbled, holding the letter in his hand, and putting the flashlight in his mouth. <But I need to find-.> Chris's thought was cut short as a drop of water hit the envelope, stopping his thought. The warehouse probably had a leaky roof… but… Chris took the flashlight out of his mouth, holding it in his hand, and shining it on the letter. The droplet, it wasn't water. With a sudden realization, Chris dropped the letter, placing one hand on his gun and using the other to illuminate the ceiling. Chris's eyes strained and his body froze.

It was blood.

----------

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to any of the Uprising, three shadowy figures, all of different proportions and sizes, carefully watched all of them, only disappearing when the lightning struck again.

(OOC: Skipped ahead a little. But just to keep Try to make get things moving! :3 Anyways. Now to force Zeph and Beo to post! *maniacal laugh*)

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • (OOC: C'mon people, post or I'll sick Umi on all of y'all's sorry hides >:O Oh, and have fun with Wolf's plot twist ^.^)

Isabel led Charlie in the opposite direction of the rest of the Uprising. She felt her stomach clenched as they separated, but she knew that it was for the best. As long as everything went smoothly, there was no reason to be concerned in the slightest.

But that was the problem. Even though she trusted Chris with her life, he was very far from incapable of making mistakes. He was also a little bit reckless, which worried her a little bit more.

Just relax… Isabel told herself, taking a deep breath while trying to focus her thoughts. You've done all you could to take care of your members. Now you just need to try and end this. And you will. You don't want to put the others in danger, right? You don't want to let down the entire region, do you?

"Charlie!" Isabel snapped, stopping abruptly in the middle of the path and not bothering to turn around to look at him. "Did you bring the uniform?"

"Umm..." He fumbled with his fingers.

He was scared of her. What if he made another mistake?

"Well, you told me to get rid of it... But, I still have yours!"He smiled widely in a goofy fashion.Please don't yell at me…

Isabel pinched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes, letting her breath out in a controlled hiss.

Idiot.

"And where is yours?" she asked, not really wanting to know the answer at that point.

"The portapotty." He said, twiddling his thumbs. "You said that I should change into this hoodie so I just ditched the uniform."

Sweat fell down his brow. Of course she'd be mad and yell at him…

Isabel didn't look at him, but extended her arm expectantly.

"Hand over the uniform," she ordered.

"Um..." He tried to stall. He didn't really want to hand her the uniform… Not in the condition that it was in anyways.

After much hesitation, Charlie handed her the grease-covered uniform.

Isabel took the garments and examined them. She then promptly tossed them to the side and continued walking, refusing to arouse any emotions inside of her as she knew that they would certainly get out of hand. Charlie needed to be in one piece for this mission.

"A-aren't you going to..." He cut himself off. It'd be best not to ask.

He promptly followed her without speaking another word.

Isabel's mind began to try and locate a solution that would consume little to no extra time and would draw minimal attention to their activities. She sighed, knowing that her only option was to take uniforms off the backs of people currently wearing them. It wouldn't be a large problem, as their mission would be completed one way or another by the time the bodies were discovered.

Still, time was the last thing Isabel wanted to waste.

Years
  • ooc: Sorry if this post is kinda fail.
    bic:
    Sheila blinked, being suddenly overwhelmed by Issac's hug and rush of comments.
    He sure seemed to be an excitable young fellow...

"I didn't leave you," Sheila chuckled, shaking her head. She playfully nudged Issac's shoulder with her knuckles. "You're a goof," Sheila added, fondly. "Though I guess I can admit that I missed you too."

Sheila smiled at him warmly, before looking back up at Chris.
    "Looks like he's going. Let's head out." Sheila told Issac, nodding to him before beginning to walk, expecting him to follow.

ooc: will post again later, this is hard with one hand

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • (OOC: Fail joint post is fail, but necessary... Anyway, get on the quest Wolf so kindly assaulted all of you with >:O)

Isabel held a uniform up to herself and nodded, throwing the other at Charlie.

"Put it on," she ordered as Umi her Umbreon pulled the bodies into a nearby bush.

Charlie was stupefied. So direct. He obeyed her immediately. Has Isabel always been this tough?

Isabel turned and walked away, going behind a large tree before putting on her own disguise. She stuffed her clothing into the duffel bag and emerged, throwing it to Charlie.

"Put your clothes in here," she instructed, taking out her PokeBall and putting Umi away before turning to continue down the path. "Let's go."

He nodded his head as obediently as he had obeyed her direction. With one hand holding the bag open, he stuffed his clothes inside.

"So what exactly are we doing again?" Charlie asked, instinctively withdrawing his arms. They were in hitting range.

"We're destroying this base," she replied matter-of-factly.

"Destroy?" Charlie blinked. "But what about the Pokemon... there's a..." Charlie's voice faded out. "There's a friend of mine." His voice had now become almost completely inaudible.

Isabel looked over at him without emotion. "We're destroying the computers. It is best to do away with the entire base, but it will likely be evacuated in a panic by that point. Besides, you're following my orders."

Charlie grew stiff. She really had changed. He twiddled his thumbs aimlessly.
    "Okay..." he replied back with a weak voice.

"Good."

The two walked on in silence for a minute.

"The... Base we sent the other members to... You said that it wasn't heavily guarded, correct?"

"I-it shouldn't be." It shouldn't be, right? He bit the dead skin off his nails. "If I recall correctly, there was some sort of training to be done today near a chain of volcanoes to the west."

Isabel sighed. "You said it was simply a place used to store items they didn't export by the time they started their takeover... So they should be safe, right?" She sounded slightly concerned.

"Y-yes! Useless stuff like Potions and assorted berries." Of course I frequently visited for my own reasons. He smiled a little before remembering the terrors of the one that he was traveling with.

"Good," she said bluntly, rubbing her shoulder with one hand. Chris... Keep them all safe... Including yourself.

Charlie's glanced around. It was dull just walking around, but there really wasn't much else he could do. "Is that all?"

"Don't mess up," she said sharply, looking at him.

Charlie nodded his head and continued moving on in silence.

"I mean it," she continued, her voice low. She stopped in front of him, meeting his eyes.

Charlie's eyes widdened and his neck stiffened. Tiny beads of sweat formed above his eyesbrow. "Y-yes m'am!"

"This is perhaps the single most important mission you will be a part of in your life. If we fail, we die. Or worse: we get captured."

"I know." He dropped his head and stared at the ground. "I know."

"Good. Because if we do, it will be in vain." She turned and peered around a tree, spotting the base a good distance away. "Put the duffel bag under that bush," she ordered, pointing to the one closest to the road.

Charlie moved over slowly to where she had point to and hid the bag. He took a big gulp of air, sighed, and stared hesitantly at their destination. Here we go.

Isabel grabbed him by the shoulders and turned him around, forcing him to meet her eyes.

"Do everything I say without question," she ordered. "Bring me the most direct way to the main computer room, doing whatever needs to be done to remain cover while interacting with other PXS members as little as possible."

"Eh?" Charlie scratched his head. "Sure thing... sure thing..."

Isabel released him and looked at the building.

"Let's go."

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Soon the group arrived at Olema Port. Again, they were left with another dead town at the hands of the PXS. From Greg's perspective they were doing harm - and no good whatsoever.

Chris knew where he was going (having gained instructions by Isabel, who had a far more urgent plan to accomplish at the moment), and so Greg, along with the others, followed with haste. Within minutes, a warehouse with a large '32' on the face of it was right in front of them, and at this point, Chris pulled out a handgun.

He had no idea why this warehouse was so important, but now wan't the time for questions. Inside, Chris motioned to Greg and Beo to take position at the other end of a door. Taking a deep breath in preparation for something inside, Greg withdrew a gun of his own, and braced himself, back against the wall and head turned to the doorway.

Chris kicked the door open, but there was nothing. Empty.

"Greg! Beo!" Chris hissed, keeping his voice low as he holstered his pistol. "Divide up the recruits. Check the adjacent warehouses. Try to keep it quiet, and report back here when you're done."

Greg nodded, and as he turned, he saw Sheila and Issac heading off to investigate.

"Good," Greg whispered loudly, giving each of them a single, hard pat on the back, "You guys are with me - we'll check over there." He pointed to another large warehouse with '31' painted on it this time.

Slowly, and keeping close to the wall of the building, Greg approached the entrance, making sure Issac and Sheila were doing the same in tow. He quickly turned to face inside, pistol pointing forward. But again, there was no sign of anything.

The windows of this warehouse were long gone, so the grey-blue light of the outside sky was enough to make the inside visible at least. The warehouse was full of boxes, marked with various symbols which represented an element of some sort. Keeping his gun close, Greg motioned for the other two to follow him inside,

"Have a look around - see if you can find any sign of the enemy."

Curiosity got the best of Greg, and he approached one of the boxes, ripping the cardboard open. It was full of Water Stones. Looking at the surrounded boxes (some of which were already open), he could see similar items. Thuderstones, Metal Coats, Scarfs and Bands of all sorts.

Was this one of the places where the PXS kept items? They banned all Pokemon related items along with the creatures themselves... so this must have been where they were being kept - ready to ship out to whoever buys.

Other than this minor discovery, there didn't appear to be any cause for concern in warehouse 31. Greg was about to go get Issac and Sheila, but as he turned around, a strange figure stood in the main doorway.

"Scraafff..."

"What the hell...?"

It was a pokemon, but nothing Greg had ever seen before. It was orange in colour and had a red Mohawk... thing. And it appeared to be wearing baggy yellow trousers and hood.

"Scrafty!"

From outside, two more smaller versions of this 'Scrafty' pokemon appeared, looking equally mad. These ones were more of a beige colour, and didn't have a hood or the crazy red hair.

"Scraggy!" One of them growled as it ran in for Greg, who just managed to jump to the side and avoid it's charging head.

"You two!" Greg called back into the warehouse, trying to grab the attention of Sheila and Issac, "Deal with these yellow newt things! I'll handle the big one here!" With that, he threw a pokeball to the ground, and released Ape - his Monferno.

"Mach Punch that thing!" Without hesitation, Ape boomed off and struck Scrafty square in the jaw with his blindingly-fast punch. Scrafty was thrown off it's feet and crashed to the ground - however it was quickly up again, this time running towards Ape.

"Flamethrower!" Greg hissed - he wanted to avoid being too loud.

Ape inhaled, before a concentrated jet of fire bellowed from his mouth, striking Scrafty head-on. Although hurt, the lizard-like pokemon kept going, breaking through the flames and ramming into Ape's gut with a glowing knee. Greg guessed it was a Hi Jump Kick attack as the two pokemon rose into the air. Scrafty gave one final kick, sending Ape flying backwards and colliding with a number of crated on the high shelves. The boxes landed with a clatter, and Greg winced - that had better not draw any unwanted attention.

Ape leapt back down to the floor, growling at Scrafty, who was concentrating heavily as its fist began to glow.

Greg cursed, "Don't let it pull of a Focus Punch Ape! Fire Punch!"

Sure enough, before Scrafty could execute a harsh blow, Ape ran over on all fours before smashing the opponent in the gut with a flame engulfed fist. Scrafty bent over double and collapsed on the ground, out cold.

"What a pain in the ass..." Greg sighed, "Good job buddy." He said recalling ape to his ball. He noticed a small, yellow box lying at his feet. Not far off was one of the boxes that had fallen - it too was full of them. Greg picked up the one nearest him and inspected it, before raising his eyebrows,

"Heh..." he grinned, "I know what this is." He stuffed it in his guitar case for later use.

Looking back into the warehouse, he could see Issac and Sheila - they seemed to be handling things.

"I'm gonna go report back to Chris - meet us back at 32 when you're done here." He said to them, before heading back out.

Keeping a brisk pace, he was back at the first warehouse within moments, and located Chris. He walked over to him,

"Nothing over there, just a couple of wild pokemon. Oh and a sh*t-ton of items. I'm talking crates and crates of them..."

Chris, however, seemed preoccupied with something. He was holding a letter - but it had a spot of blood on it.

(OOC: This is the first post I've made for any RP, like, all summer :c I just lost the muse for a while, and for that I'm sorry D: But alas, I've posted a nice long post here ^^ And hopefully things will pick up a bit :D)

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Olema was the name of the destination that Chris lead his portion of the Uprising. Light rain doused the group which caused the already eerie ghost town to become even more depressing sight. A once bustling city reduced to becoming a shadow of itself, it was sight begging Isaac to burst into tears. Isaac, initially oblivious to the effects PXS had caused to Katsu, was beginning to put the pieces together. At this point, it was obvious that PXS was not another terrorist organization similar to ones that rose in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and all the other countries that Isaac was familiar with, but a whole another animal that sought to enslave an entire nation. Or at least thats what Isaac put together in his head. He was always one for dramatics.

Chris navigated the area with great efficiency. It was apparent he knew where he was going, probably having received some instruction from Isabel. Chris stopped before a large warehouse with the number 32 painted on the outside. The warehouse fell in disrepair and appeared to be abandoned, the number difficult to make out. Isaac held in a series of stupid questions, preferring the observe and react at this point.

Chris braced himself on a wall, his Buizel at his side and a basic pistol in his hand.

"I want a gun now…" Isaac mumbled to himself.

Chris signaled for Greg and Beo to back him up before preparing for combat. In one seamless motion, he blasted the door down and leapt into action. Isaac heard no sounds for a few seconds. No gunshots. No roars of battle. No cries of pain. Isaac rolled in with the others and much to his dismay, there was nothing. It was truly abandoned.

"Lights are out," Isaac said to no one in particular. "Can't really tell if anyone is here. Better stay on our guard, ladies and gentlemen," he finished with an order. Isaac wanted to feel important for a moment.

It was apparent that few people listened to Isaac's order as before he knew it, he WAS being ordered around. It was Greg and with a light shove on Sheila and his back, Isaac was being dragged over to warehouse 31. Greg too had a gun and the phallic imagery made Isaac feel less masculine, as evidenced by him giving Shelia an expression of jealously and depression. Charging in, the warehouse was abandoned like its younger brother. This warehouse was the benefactor of better lighting, probably due to the windows being knocked out. Boxes with different symbols and writing were scattered about. Some open. Others not. Regardless, it was plainly obvious that it was used for storage. But for what purpose was the question? And was the PXS behind it all?

"Have a look around - see if you can find any sign of the enemy." Greg was barking orders again, but Isaac didn't mind. If anything it was an invitation.

Isaac decided to take one corner, not paying particular attention to Sheila. If she followed him, great! He loved the company. If not, it was okay. Isaac then could pretend to be smart without a girl around. He would rather not embarrass himself with her around anyway. For some reason, Isaac did not want to be considered a fool by Sheila. The moonlight offered some light, but Isaac was finding it difficult to see. The rainclouds caused the light to be inconsistent. Grunting, Isaac reached into his bag and took two of his Pokeballs: Luke's and Flamberge's. He hooked Luke the Lucario's on his belt and called forth Flamberge the Typholsion.

"Alright, Flamberge. Hook me up with some light. It's getting hard to see," Isaac whispered. Flamberge nodded and used Flash (OOC: It's not one of his moves, but who is really going to pick Flash as a move :D) Isaac mouthed a "thank you" and proceeded to tear open a random box. With a loud thump, Isaac crashed to the ground, the top of the box flying across the warehouse and the contents spilled all over the concrete floor with an avalanche of assorted clinks, clanks and thuds.

"Ow," Isaac groaned, rubbing his bottom tenderly. The pause was cut short as he began to notice the supplies scattered across the ground. There…were items. Mostly Pokemon based ones. The X series of battle items. Healing supplies. Held items known to power up Pokemon. "It's like someone is building and supplying an army," Isaac said aloud. It was likely that the warehouse was part of a shipping chain employed by the PXS. Greg's use of the word enemy, Chris' serious disposition, and Isabel sending a large platoon were all the giveaways. But how did the PXS come across such a large depot of items? It's possible they bought or stole them. But for what purpose? All the thinking made Isaac's brain hurt. He was never a thinker and he has done a lot today. With a grunt, Isaac returned Flamberge to his Pokeball and trekked back to the entrance. He found nothing of note that Greg probably didn't already know about.

"You two!" Greg called, "Deal with these yellow newt things! I'll handle the big one here!"

Isaac had just made it to the main entryway when Greg called for Sheila and his attention. And yellow newt thing was probably the best description. It was a Pokemon that Isaac never noticed before. Was it foreign? Did the PXS transport the Pokemon from somewhere else for use as a weapon? Or was it native? Doubtful. Based on the fact, it charged at Greg and was ready to pounce on Isaac, being native was a poor guess. It was angry at the fact the Uprising trespassed. It was ordered to protected these warehouses.

"Scraggy!" It roared. It took a fighting stance, as if it tried to provoke Isaac.

"No choice but to fight. Go Luke!" Isaac tossed his Pokeball to the ground and his loyal Lucario emerged from the white light, primed for battle. "Let's start with a Flash Cannon," he suggested. Luke nodded and began to focus energy in his paws. No more than a few deep breaths later, Luke launched a silver beam at the Scraggy, a grimace of fear enveloping its face. A cloud of dust was all that remained in the aftermath (ignoring the minor shake of the ground as stealth is not a play in Isaac's book). Peering through it, a silhouette barged through. It was the Scraggy. It was limping and wincing in anguish. Heavily wounded, it was painfully obvious it took the full brunt of the blow. Even Isaac felt bad in hindsight. The Scraggy took a few steps and fell to the ground. Luke walked over to his victim, powering up an Iron tail, wanting to clobber the Scraggy into fertilizer, but Isaac walked over and grabbed his shoulder. "That's not necessary. Let's check on Greg. He may need help."

"I'm gonna go report back to Chris - meet us back at 32 when you're done here."

Greg left the warehouse in a hurry, which didn't bother Isaac as much as he imagined. They had made a sizable discovery and Chris needed to know being second in command. "Come, Luke. Let's check on Sheila."

Isaac made his way to Sheila and saw her do her thing (OOC: Want to avoid bunnying here). Smiling, Isaac said in a fairly high voice: "Don't help do you? Better hurry up, Greg wants us back. Unless you want to check something out or something?"

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Olema, Beo had remembered passing through these same streets the first time he had come to Katsu several years ago before making frosty gorge his home. However Olema was much different now, it was no longer a bustling port town. Instead it looked alot like Chipper City, crushed and broken.

"They need to be stopped" Beo whispered under his breath. The group then arrived at a line of several warehouses, and Chris motioned for Greg and Beo to take positions next to him. He swiftly rushed to his side as Chris raised his hand in the air, Beo readied his gun beneath his cloak expecting some sort of fight. However as Chris kicked the door in he quickly realized that the warehouse was empty

"Got it" Beo said turning around to see that Greg was already on his way to the next warehouse with Shiela and Issac. That left him with the last two recruits.

"You come with me" Beo ordered as he started walking to the warehouse on the opposite side of where Greg had gone. As he reached the door to the warehouse he turned around to the two members who were now under his command.

"Alright guys, be ready for anything..." he whispered turning back to the door. With a swift kick he busted the door down and charged in, "Nothing"... Beo began searching around. The warehouse was set up like a hall of mirrors, which gave him a sort of unnerving feeling.

"Bisharp" A strange voice roared throughout the warehouse.

"What was that?" Beo asked the two of them as suddenly a row of mirrors began shattering in front of him and a strange redish colored pokemon with sharp razors on its forearms charging right at them. Without hesitation Beo reached for a pokeball from his belt on tossed it into the air.

"Blaze!" Beo shouted as his charizard busted out of his pokemon and blocked the charging Bisharp with its wings.

Suddenly two similar looking pokemon only smaller jumped out from where the other had come from "Pawni...ard" they roared readying there razors on there hands.

"Hey guys i'll take care of this big one, you two each take one of the smaller ones!" Beo shouted as the Bisharp was knocked back by Blaze's wings. The bisharp then cocked its arms back both turning silver.

"Blaze watch out it's using metal claw!" Beo shouted as the Bisharp slashed forward at Blaze who was to slow to move away and instead blocked the razors with his forearms. Blood began dripping from the forearms of Blaze.

"Sharp!" the bisharp roared as it charged up a metal claw again.

"Blaze wait for it to slash at you again, then block it and wait for my command!" Beo ordered as the Bisharp attacked again, with the same result. Blazes eyes began to grow fiercely pushing the Bisharp back with his forearms.

"Now flamethrower!" Beo shouted as flames roared from Blaze's mouth engulfing the Bisharp. When the flames cleared the Bisharp was no longer standing.

"Char!!!" Blaze roared in triumph.

"Great job, now take a rest buddy" Beo said patting Blaze on the shoulder then returning him to his pokeball. As he looked around it seemed that the other two were handling the pokemon, and with that Beo took a few steps forward to the area where the pokemon had come from. And once again there was nothing. This just seemed oddly strange to him, if Isabel had sent them here he was expecting some sort of fight, but nothing.

"I wonder if Greg found anything..." he thought to himself.

(OOC: Terrible post, however it gets us moving. I couldn't really figure out who was supposed to go with me, so basically the two that didn't go with Greg came with me)

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • The state of Port Olema didn't surprise Paul, it was worse that Chipper City, it seemed that the whole region had been run down by the PXS. It just acted as fuel for the anger burning in Paul's heart and he had to stop a moment to calm himself down. Bolt who was a few steps behind him, listening and watching for any sings of danger, looked up at Paul he smiled back at her. After a few deep breaths to calm his anger and his nerves, he continued after the others. Quite quickly he arrived at wearhouse 32, their goal, Chris barged the door down, before Paul had really got his bearings. And the wearhouse... Was empty.

Chris ordered the "recruits" to be split between Greg and Beo, Paul thought he should get a little more respect than being called a recruit but he didn't say anything. Beo called for Paul to follow him along with another member of the group, Paul wasn't paying attention to which. They all headed to a wearhouse which looked like a hall of mirrors on the inside.

"Bisharp" The yell echoed around the wearhouse.

"What was that?" Beo asked, Paul was thinking more along the lines of "where did that come from?". He was answered soon enough as a red Pokemon burst through a mirror in front of them. Beo released his Charizard and ordered it to attack.

"Pawni...ard" Two more Pokemon appeared similar but smaller, Paul wasn't familiar with them but the blades on their hands and head looked sharp, so he guessed they used slashing attacks.

"Hey guys I'll take care of this big one, you two each take one of the smaller ones!" Beo yelled.

As Paul was in a bad mood he was tempted to release Smasher by he knew now wasn't the time. "Go Bolt." He yelled, the cat like Pokemon ran forwards and let loose a Roar. The Pawniard was unfazed and charged straight at Bolt slashing with both arms. Bolt jumped aside and attacked with a Crunch attack to the Pokemon's left arm from behind, her fangs struggled break the Pokemon's skin.

"It must be a steel type!" Paul realised "Bolt use Thunder Fang now." Still holding on with her teeth Bolt sent a massive jolt of electricity to her fangs and into the Pokemon. The jolt sent both Pokemon flying through the air, Jolt landed gracefully but the Pawiard disappeared from view as it smashed straight through a mirror. Despite it's injuries Paul could hear it getting up and moving around. It was so dark in the wearhouse and the mirrors and echos only confused him about it's position.

"Bolt start storing energy for a Discharge." Paul ordered.

"Luuux..." Bolt began to growl, holding her tail high in the air like a lighting rod. All around her small sparks began to jump, causing a sporadic light, her head was low the the ground and the electricity made her fur stick up. The air smelt of ozone as Paul spun around looking for some sign of the Pokemon. The it attacked, not at Bolt but at Paul, smashing out of a mirror, shards of razor sharp glass flew everywhere Paul was lucky enough to not be seriously hurt. He was tackled top the floor, the Pawniard landing on top of him, he began to panic as his mind flashed back to Frosty Gorge, Bolt withheld her attack not wanting to injure Paul. As the Pokemon attacked Paul regained composure enough to draw his knife, he defected it's blow away from his body, he quickly stabbed out with the knife but it couldn't pierce the Pokemon's hide.

"******* steel types." Paul swore in frustarion as the Pokemon swung it's head blade down at him, he dodged as best he could but suffered a slight cut to his left shoulder. With the Pawiard's head just about on the floor Paul grabbed it round it's neck and kicked out with his toes. Normally kicking a steel type Pokemon would be a surefire way to break your toes but as Paul was wearing steel toe capped boots he managed to get away with it, the end result of the maneuver was to flip the Pokemon over his head. Immediately Paul dived and rolled away form the Pokemon, as Bolt took her opportunity to attack unleashing an ark of electrical energy through the air, a crackle of lighting ran across the hairs on Paul's back but he went unharmed. Paul stood up and looked at the knocked out Pawniard, then at himself, he was bleeding from a small cut on his left shoulder and had several pieces of glass stuck in his hair but otherwise he was fine.

"Hey Beo, are we done here?" He asked, withdrawing Bolt so she could rest.

Liacri

moral support penguin
    Years
  • Audrey clung to the walls of the alleys as they walked, not so much because she was being sneaky again but more in order to keep out of the rain. Although she kept anything and everything in the black hole by her hip she called a messenger bag, preparation was not her strong suit, and despite its gargantuan size, the bag would not have held an umbrella even if she had thought to bring one.

Rainwater splashed up against the hem of Audrey's sundress as her foot accidentally found its way into a puddle. She skipped quickly out of it and back into the not-quite-shelter at the side of a building. The streetlights were on, but anyone could tell they weren't well cared for any more. A scattering of them weren't even lit, not that they should have been on any normal day. It was only midmorning, after all, but the rainclouds made it seem almost like night -- hardly a normal day.

Of course, a handful of young people wandering the streets of a practically abandoned city wasn't all that normal, either. Chris, Greg, and Beo took up positions on either sides of a side door of warehouse thirty-two, all three of them drawing guns from hidden holsters. Slowly, Chris lifted his free hand into the air. He glanced around the group, meeting their eyes. Audrey blinked in response as he looked her way. One by one, his fingers fell into a fist in a silent countdown. Three... two... one...

"Aaaaaand... FIRE!"

Audrey pivoted, her gun pointing into the face of the PXS member nearest her. "Sorry. Bye bye!" Her finger jerked the trigger back, and the gun went off with a loud blast. She turned away, not able to watch the person slump to the ground, dead. The floor of the gym was slick with blood between the bodies that were scattered across it. A few of them -- the new Uprising -- got to their feet, almost as bloody as those that didn't.

A flash of lightning burst across the sky, and Audrey shook her head suddenly, clearing away cobwebs of painful memories. Rain was beginning to dampen less and soak more from her wait in it, and the side entrance to the warehouse had become a gaping black hole. Most of the others were already through. Audrey followed unhappily. It had just been a kick against a door, not a gunshot, and she'd probably have to get used to hearing those again soon. Being on missions again... she loved it and hated it at the same time. She had to focus less on the hating it. It didn't help that the memories had been churning in her head all morning.

"You come with me," a voice ordered. Which one was this? Beo. She'd have to remember all the new names, too. She would. It had been easy enough the first time. This time, she wasn't going to lose them. Audrey nodded determinedly, following Beo out of the warehouse she had now realized was empty. She'd done this before. She'd do it again.

The door to warehouse thirty-three met the same fate as its neighbor. Beo ran in, Audrey and another boy whose name she had yet to learn close on his heels. They were met by their own reflections. Rows upon rows of mirrors filled the warehouse, lining the walls and creating passages that seemed to lead nowhere. "Nothing," Beo muttered. Within seconds, however, an inhuman call Audrey had never heard before came from somewhere in the warehouse. "What was that?" Beo asked sharply. Without warning, a mirror shattered and an odd Pokémon came charging out of the hole it had created. Shards of glass danced against the cement floor as Beo sent out his Charizard to meet it. Before either Pokémon could attack, two others came through the hole the first had made. "Hey guys, I'll take care of this big one. You two each take one of the smaller ones!" Beo shouted, then launched into battle.

"You got it," Audrey said, pulling a Poké Ball from her messenger bag. Her Riolu appeared on the ground in front of one of the little bladed Pokémon. The Pokémon -- Pawniard, it seemed to be called -- rushed him, its red head bent down with blade forward. "Luce! Agility!" The Riolu darted off, dashing out of the Pawniard's line of attack.

"It must be a Steel-type!" she heard the other boy say. All the better for her, then -- Luce was a Fighting-type. Luce waited, three of his four paws on the ground as the Pawniard skidded to a halt and turned toward him to charge again, this time slashing with iron claws.

"Luce, use Force Palm!" Luce raced forward, but at the last minute used Agility again instead, dodging out of the way of the Pawniard's Metal Claw. The Riolu changed direction and chased after his opponent. His palm slapped against the Pawniard's red helmet. Green light blasted forward from Luce's paw and completely enveloped the Pawniard, which tumbled backward head over heels. It shook its head groggily. Hm, that worked better than she'd first thought it would. Oh well, she wasn't going to complain about that. Luce was already running at the Pokémon when she yelled for him to finish the fight. "All right, Luce, you got this!" Green light flashed again as Luce repeated the move, effectively ending the battle.

The Pawniard lay at the base of a mirror which was now divided by several large cracks. They converged at the Pokémon's impact point. Luce hardly awarded his defeated foe a glance before walking almost disdainfully back to Audrey, who bent down to pat her Pokémon on the head and give him a "good job" in congratulation. Luce swatted at her hand a few times before folding his arms and enduring the treatment with a highly displeased look on his face. The others had also completed their battles, and all three of the foreign Pokémon were senseless on the ground.

"Hey Beo, are we done here?" the boy Audrey didn't know asked. He had a cut on his shoulder, and mirror shards flashed from his hair in what light there was. Audrey stood, taking a few steps toward the maze of mirrors, the lights from her shoes reflecting off their surfaces. Those farther from where they stood were still in tact, but other than that, there appeared to be nothing to see. Just someone's idea of a clever use for a warehouse, maybe. Whatever the case, it was a far cry from the corridors and cells she had known three years before.

"It doesn't look anything like the parts of PXS I've seen," she said aloud. "I don't think this is what we're looking for."

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • (OOC: Well... Isabel is very mean x3 Hopefully she'll be getting an attitude adjustment soon ^.^')

The two walked casually down the hallway. Isabel strolled beside Charlie, following his every move carefully. He was supposed to lead her to the main computer room, so she hoped that he knew what he was doing. It would be a first...

Charlie turned to look at her with a big, goofy grin. "So... Where are we going again?"

Isabel shot him a deadly glare and a cold shiver ran along the boy's back.

"Err..." He laughed awkwardly. "Sure thing boss, sure thing!"

Isabel jabbed him in the side in a manner that wouldn't be very noticeable to anyone looking at them, but was rather painful. He winced, but said nothing. It only took a few minutes before the two reached a tall set of double doors. There was a sign lit above them that read "classified." This was definitely the spot... for Charlie, at least.

Charlie opened the door and led Isabel inside. She glanced around, carefully taking in the room with a frown. Past the set of double doors was a large tank surrounded by a tough wall of glass. Computers lined up against that glass and they formed a spiral. Inside the tank was a good friend of Charlie's, Pepe the Pelliper.

Isabel shot Charlie a look.

"Are these the main computers?" she asked.

"Oh? The main computers are down the hall and to the left." He smiled widely. "These are the computers that monitor our teams super Pelliper, Pepe. We've taught him all the basic commands to allow him to serve as our 'super tank.'"

Isabel's fist smashed into the boy's stomach.

"Idiot," she hissed in his ear.

Charlie's stomach hurt. "Ouch," he moaned while leaning on one of the computers. "We could always use more Pokemon, right? And Pepe was trained specifically for transportation. I thought we could take him along with us..."

Isabel backhanded him across the face, furious. His words meant nothing to him. He had blatantly disobeyed her, and therefore was of no use to her.

"I gave you simple orders for a simple mission," she spat. "Did it ever cross your mind that it might raise suspicion if we're spotted jumping from one computer room to another? No, you didn't. Because you're a senseless idiot who can't do anything right."

"I-I-I'm sorry?" he stammered, face throbbing.

Like always, he was scared of her. He continued fiddling with the buttons as he quivered.

Isabel managed to collect herself. There was a sudden clanking of metal as she cuffed the boy to the table leg.

"Don't move from here," she growled. "I'll unlock you when I return."

She turned and walked out of the room, leaving Charlie alone. He turned over to his Pelliper pal.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked the Pokemon with a pout.

Isabel quietly closed the door, taking a shaky breath while trying to calm back down. She reminded herself that this wasn't the time to allow her emotions to get the best of her. This mission would potentially make or break the entire mission of the Uprising. Potentially, the future of the entire Katsu region was dependent on her actions here. She wasn't about to let a blundering idiot cause her to mess everything up.

Quickly locating the room Charlie had told her about, Isabel used the keycard supplied to her by Charlie to gain access. Luckily, it actually worked and she quietly stepped inside.

Here goes everything, she thought as the door closed behind her.

Years
  • Finally-- a chance to make a difference.

As soon as the group was within a few yards of the headquarters, Sheila's demeanor seemed to adapt and shift to the situation. She became less talkative, and was constantly looking around, as if double-checking to make sure no one would jump off the roof of the place and break their necks. On the way to the warehouse Sheila had gotten one of her mini revolvers from her bag and slipped it nonchalantly into her pocket.

Just in case.

For the beginning of the mission, Sheila more or less stayed near Issac, though it was frustratingly unclear as to why because her sudden heightened awareness of the dangerous area around them seemed unnatural for her. Sheila was not usually the serious type... Still, that didn't mean she was being unfriendly, it was just that most of her interactions with Issac became non verbal. When Issac pulled a face and seemed jealous of Greg's gun, Sheila clapped Issac lightly on the back and made a mental note to herself not to let him see that she was armed as well unless completely necessary.

Once the order was given to scope out the room of the warehouse, Sheila broke away from Issac, heading over to an opposite corner of the room to search boxes there. It was really too dark to see, so it was a relief when even across the room Issac's pokemon used Flash. It made Sheila feel a little less blind. Carefully, Sheila tore the top off of one of the boxes.

Sheila blinked, raising an eyebrow when the pulled away cardboard revealed a pile of faintly glittering Thunderstones.

Her inner fangirl was secretly thrilled with this; Good lord, she had never seen this many of these things in one place! Really, Sheila could only count the times she had seen a Thunderstone at all on one hand...And the way they twinkled in the light, they would be so interesting to paint...
    Sheila reached for the stones, mezmerized.
    She found herself wishing she had an eevee, and...

There was a sudden crash and clatter in the opposite corner of the room, and Sheila nearly jumped out of her skin, a swear slipping through her lips. In a heartbeat Sheila had whirled around, her hand digging into her pocket and immediately whipping out her pocket revolver.

It occurred to her that what she was pointing her gun at was Issac, sitting on his toosh surrounded by spilled Pokemon products. Embarrassed, Sheila quickly slipped her revolver back into her pocket, hoping to dear God that Issac had not noticed her reaction.

Someone had, though. Sheila had just barely put away her weapon when her Marowak's pokeball popped out of her pocket and the pokemon appeared in the room with a swirl of red light.

"Maro!" It grunted, holding its bone club tightly and looking around for what had startled Sheila. It narrowed its eyes at Issac, unimpressed, then blinked as Sheila's hand gently touched its skull.

"Sorry, Marrow...everything is fine." Sheila murmured, blushing faintly from her own overreaction. Marrow grunted and lowered his club, immediately going into Secret Service Bodyguard mode and visually scanning the room. Sheila turned her back on him, quickly swiping a Thunderstone and stuffing it into the back pocket of her jeans. She coughed casually, walking away from the box she had just stolen from to check out another. Marrow followed her closely, looking very rigid, overprotective, and unfriendly.

Then things got interesting; Greg shouted for some back up, and fighting began. The third of the strange newt Pokemon scuttled over toward Sheila; Marrow stepped in front of her, ready for a fight.

The scraggy came to an abrupt stop, skidding until he stood about three feet away from Sheila and Marrow. It stared at them with huge, round eyes; Sheila surveryed it, intrigued, and ready for its first move.

What was this thing? It was just...so...

The scraggy simply stood there, then, with a grin, grabbed its trousers and pulled them up near its face, then dropped them so that they sagged around its hips again. It made an odd noise like a crude laugh, sticking its tongue out.

Sheila raised an eyebrow, a bit off put by the Pokemon's behavior.
    It was just so...weird.

Marrow seemed very insulted by the Pokemon, and without another thought dashed at it, attempting to club it on the head. The scraggy ducked out of the way, its fist beginning to glow.

"Watch out, Marrow." Sheila called as quietly as possible, Marrow ducking out of the way of a kick from Scraggy as it powered up. Marrow ran back, gaining distance.

"Now!" Sheila ordered, knowing exactly what Marrow was planning. He threw his club in an excellent Bonemerang; it clocked Scraggy right between the eyes.
    Scraggy wobbled around, dazed; Marrow caught the club and ran for Scraggy, bringing his weapon down upon the enemy's head with a crack.
    Scraggy fell onto the ground with a thud, unconsious. Marrow sniffed slightly then lowered his club, returning to Sheila's side casually as if it had not just blugeoned someone over the head. It glanced at Scraggy with distaste, still seeming offended by it in general.

"Good job, Marrow." Sheila murmured warmly, leaning down to pat it on the head. She was much more gentle and affectionate with her Pokemon than other people; the gentle, nurturing tone to her voice when she congratulated Marrow was something that no one else here had heard before.
    Sheila looked across the room at Issac, noting that he had undergone a successful battle as well. His seemed a bit noisier, though...

'Don't help, do you?'

Sheila smirked, raising an eyebrow at Issac. "Oh?" She questioned, not sure exactly what he meant. She wasn't sure to joke or be offended; unlike Marrow, who gave Issac a less than thrilled, narrow eyed, I'm watching you, bub. type of look.

"I suppose not," Sheila replied, standing up straight and glancing from Issac to her Pokemon, and back to Issac again.

"Right, let's go to Greg, then." Sheila said, proceeding toward the exit.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • Bodies: All of them blood drenched, hung up on the scaffolding of the warehouse. Their faces locked in horror and fear, their eyes were wide, and mouths agape as if they were pleading for mercy. But whatever had done this obviously had none of it.

Chris hastily grabbed the letter off of the ground threw the letter into his backpack. He had to get out of here, he had to get to the others; he had to save them.

"Takeo!" Chris yelled to get the Pokemon's attention; double-checking his gun was cocked and loaded. Nodding to each other, the pair sprinted across the dark warehouse towards a side door. Chris threw open the door with enough force to make the hinges groan as they struggled to keep the decrepit thing attached, and ran out into the downpour of rain. He sprinted around the building, turning the corner as fast as he could. A streetlight flickered in the rain, a forewarning to the flash of lightning that blinded both him and his partner and sent the whole town into darkness. A crack of thunder resounding soon after, and with it, power returned to the town.

As his sight returned, Chris's gaze was brought back to the lamppost, despite the momentarily outage, still flickering. However, under the light stood a figure obscured by the downpour. Gun raised, Chris slowly moved towards the figure, squinting through the rain that trickled down his face. He got closer and closer, the figure doing his best to replicate a statue.

"Hey!" Chris bellow, a crack of thunder echoing the same. "Hands up! Comon!"

The figure stood there for a moment, before slowly raising it's arms. Chris rushed to the being as fast as he could, Takeo following close behind. Chris was a few feet away when a smile formed over his face.

"Greg! Thank Arceus." Chris grinned, lowering the gun. "Perfect timing. Listen. Get the others and meet us by the trucks. I'll fill you in then alright?"

However, instead of bursting into action like he imagined, the Uprising member just stood there, the rain unremittingly pounding everything around them.

"Greg.." He took a few steps closer, both of them now standing under the flickering lamppost. "You alright? Where are-" Chris froze, his eyes growing wide as another bolt of lightning sliced the sky into two. The rain. The relentless, unforgiving rain drenched the street, the road, the city, and even Chris. But in the flickering light he realized: Greg was dry.

Chris meant to bring the pistol up, he meant to call Takeo, he meant to yell at the imposter, but instead stood there, eyes wide as blood trickled down his chest with the rain. The imposter stood there with a maniacal grin and wild eyes, still in the form of Greg's body, but its right arm was the claws of a Zoroark. As quick as the lightning around them, the imposter had slashed its claws across Chris's chest.

The gun in his hand slowly fell to the ground, Chris soon following. He fell to his knees, one hand grasping his chest as blood trickled dripped to the street below, only for the rain to wash it away. Chris desperately looked up, struggling to keep his eyes open. Greg's image faded away to reveal a Zoroark, teeth bared and claws still dripping with blood. The light above the two sputtered and wavered, before finally going out.

"Bui!" An aqua jet attack came from behind the Zoroark, Takeo attacking from behind. But the Zoroark would have none of it. With another quick swipe of its claws, it knocked away the incoming jet of water, sending the Buizel slamming into the side of the warehouse

"Takeo!" Chris shouted, doing his best to stand up, to run to his Pokemon's aide, but immediately fell back to the ground. Confident in the water-weasel's defeat, the Zoroark returned its attention to the human.

With a swift kick, Chris was knocked onto his back, the contents of his backpack, his extra-pokeballs, his supplies, and most importantly, the note from Isabel, were scattered across the street. Chris tried to sit up, but was immediately slammed back to the ground, the Zoroark stomping down on his chest and pinning him to the ground.

Chris yelped as the Zoroark's foot pressed down on his open wound, it's claws digging deep into his skin. His head titled sideways, and he saw, what could possibly be, his one saving grace.

The fox creature's face became stern as it watched the human struggle beneath it. Suddenly, slowly but surely, it did the unexpected. The creature bent down towards Chris, until it was only inches away from his face. Chris could've sworn it was the end, that the creature was going to bite out his throat, but then did something unexpected.

-----------------

Humans. Who could ever understand them?

A Zorua paraded through Huin City, masquerading as just one of said creatures. She had long mastered the art of illusion, but although she looked just like them, she never felt so out of place. Every single one of the creatures pushed past one another, only concerned with was right in front of them, not one even paying notice to the little girl she had morphed into.

With a sigh, the Zorua slide her way through the never-ending stream of people, past the flashing billboards and people spouting nonsense, finally spotting her target. Although the line seemed to be never ending, she was not concerned. Expertly, she slid through the crowd quickly swiping a hotdog from the stand and slinking away unnoticed.

Or so she thought.

"Hey! Wait! " Dropping the hotdog, the Zorua immediately took off running, nimbly dodging through the crowd.

Why did it have to come to this? She sprinted left and right, all the while keeping up her masquerade. Her mother was captured by a trainer, forcing her to live on her own, but how could she call this living? Every day, she would have to scavenge for food, and most of the time, she scoured the streets hungry.

The small-fox-Pokemon sprinted into a back alley, hiding behind a dumpster, hoping that whatever saw her had now lost her. The Zorua closed her eyes burying her face in her paws and holding back bitter tears, only thinking of her, once again, empty stomach.

"You know. You shouldn't take things that aren't yours." A chill was sent down her spine, as she looked up, every horror imaginable filling her mind, only to see a grinning face in front of her. A young human boy, probably only about six or seven, stood there, a grin ear to ear. However, what threw the fox pokemon off was not his expression, but his scent. The boy did not smell like the trash and grime of the city, but, strangely enough, smelled of soot and ash. The boy continued to smile, but instead of returning the boy's cheeriness, the Zorua jumped up, again ready to bolt.

"Hey. Hold on." The boy reached behind his back, revealing a hotdog. The Zorua, still disguised as a little girl, hesitated for a moment, unsure. "It's alright." He chuckled, holding the food in front of him. "I bought it for you. You can take this one!" Cautiously, the Zorua approached. Every instinct, every thought, told her that it was a trap, but her stomach screamed that it was not. Carefully, she lifted the hotdog out of his hand, and, once it was free, devoured it in seconds.

"And I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think the old man running the stand saw you." The boy sat down, sitting cross-legged. "So where you from? And where are your parents?"

The Zorua dare not say a sound, lest she give away her disguise. But, this human, he was the only one that had shown any intrest

"Not much of a talker, huh? Alright. I get it." The human boy sighed, the grin on his face dissipating before standing back up. "I'll see ya around. Maybe"

Suddenly, A feeling overtook the fox pokemon, one of guilt and shame, and before she knew it, she was acting on instinct. The Zorua leaned forward, licking the human's cheek, but her illusion planted a kiss.

The kid immediately turned a bright shade of red, paralyzed and helpless, mouth agape. The Zorua, if not covered by fur and masqueraded by and illusion, would've looked the same. However, before the boy knew it, the young woman took off running. He could only watch as the girl ran past him, sprinted down the alley, and disappeared into the crowded street.

Slowly, the kid brought a hand up to his cheek.

"CHRIS! WHERE ARE YOU!? WE NEED TO CATCH THE BOAT BACK TO SOOTOPOLIS!" The boy winced as his mother's shrill voice echoed over the crowd and through the city. With a sigh, he walked out of the back alley and towards the crowded street.

-----------------------------------------------------

The Zoroark shot back up, unsure of what to think; the man below her had the same sooty scent. The Illusion Pokemon froze in place, not even noticing the Buizel's attack until it slammed into her. The aqua jet knocked the Zoroark clear off of Chris, who seized the moment to grab the empty PokeBall off of the ground. With no hesitation, he pitched it at the fox-Pokemon, hitting it square to the chest. It was immediately sucked into the ball, moving two times before lying still.

Gasping for air and grasping his chest, Chris limped past his new Zoroark's Pokeball, to Isabel's fallen letter, doing his best to both open the letter and stay awake. The rain had soaked it to the core making the ink run, but most of the message was still legible. Under the flickering light, he silently read the message.

Chris.

I'm ------ ------- I must apologize to you. A- you -a-- have already realized, --e mission I sent you on along with the rest of the Uprising --------- was a decoy. I -- currently located at a base a half hour's walk d--ec---- East of where I directed you to go. I have by this time made an a--e-pt to dismantle PXS's main information sy-tems, which could potentially disable it enough to allow the Uprising and go—nme--t to gain the upper hand. I have st-s-ed a small amount of su--lies the th-rd tree into the forest on the left side of the southern path leading into the base. If Cha---e and I are not there and there is no sign from us to be found, assume that we failed and have been captured. If that ha----s, you are the U-ris---'s new leader. Do not attempt to save us, as that will only lead to everything being lost. Remember Sh---w Valley. I have esta------d connections that w-ll be in contact with you if this mission -----, but you will for the most part be on yo-r own.

I am ----- sorry and hope to -ay so to you directly soon

Is----.

p.s. Please keep an -ye on Audrey for me.

Chris reread the letter once, then twice more, growing both angrier and more worried with ever word he read. As Takeo sulked over to his trainer, Zoroark's Pokeball in his paws, Chris threw the soaked letter back into it's envelope, still, ironically, dry(ish). His trainer accepted the ball, shoving it into his pocket, before giving his Pokemon a scratch behind the ears before handing the Buizel Isabel's letter.

"Go get the others." He told the Pokemon, tucking clenching his chest and wincing in pain. "We need to head out." Breathing heavily, Chris walked over to lamppost, sitting down and leaning against the flickering light. "And give that letter to Aubrey."

Takeo nodded, placing the envelope in his mouth, and racing off to the others. Chris sat there in the never-ending rain, the light above him flickering on and off.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • "It doesn't look anything like the parts of PXS I've seen," The young woman said. "I don't think this is what we're looking for."

"I'm not too sure myself either," Paul said, then realising that he didn't really know who she was introduced himself "Hi, I'm Paul." Had he met her before she looked vaguely familiar. Wanting to check that there wasn't anything hidden in this warehouse Paul began to head towards the rows of mirrors, checking for anything that looked out of place. Just the a Pokémon entered the warehouse startling Paul, he jumped slightly and spun round ready to throw Slash's Pokéball, however the Pokémon didn't look threatening. It wasn't a Pokémon that Paul knew however it looked a little like a Furret only it was orange instead of brown, it's tail split into two parts near the end, it also had a blue patch on each arm and a yellow ring right round it's neck. In it's mouth was an envelope, which Paul took when it got close enough. There was something wet on the underside of the envelope so Paul turned it over, it was blood. Wait, this envelope was addressed to Chris, that could mean that Chris had been hurt.

"Your Chris's Pokémon aren't you." Paul said to the Buizel, he didn't give it time to reply before he ran over to Beo. "Beo, I think Chris is hurt!" Paul shouted as he approached, he shoved the envelope into Beo's hand. "Look at that!" Paul yelled already running out of the warehouse into the storm outside. Once he was outside Paul had no idea where to find Chris, but he headed back towards the warehouse he had last seen him in. He wasn't anywhere in front of the warehouse, but looking down the first alley he came to Paul spotted a figure sat stooped under a flickering light. Paul sprinted towards the figure, his work boots slipping on the wet concrete under foot, he couldn't tell if it was Chris or if the figure was conscious or even if they were injured.

"Chris! Chris! Are you all right!" He shouted as he neared the figure, his conversation with Chris the day before echoed through Paul's head, it was strange but being around the other Uprising members made him feel different, he guessed that they were the closest thing he had to friend, other than his Pokémon, which was odd considering that he barely knew them, it just wasn't like him.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    "Hey Beo, are we done here?" Paul asked, as he snapped out of his current state of thought. Looking around he could see both Paul and Audrey had successfully completed their battles.

"Good job guys, and yeah I think so... Not really much for us to look at here... It actually boggles my mind" Beo said to them.

"It doesn't look anything like the parts of PXS I've seen," Audrey said aloud. "I don't think this is what we're looking for."

"That's what doesn't make sense to me... Something isn't right here" Beo said whispering the last part under his breathe. Before he knew it Chris's buizel Takeo was standing at the door of warehouse... "That can't be good" he thought to himself.
    Beo watched as Paul quickly went up to Takeo and took something from it and then made his way over to Beo.

"Beo, I think Chris is hurt!" Paul shouted as he approached, he shoved the envelope into Beo's hand. Before Beo could get Paul to calm down he was already out of the warehouse and racing towards the building they had originally left Chris. He looked at the letter in his hand, it was a bit soaked from the apparent storm going on outside, and at the same time Beo couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right if Buizel had come here instead of Chris himself, I mean we weren't that far apart from each other. He then glanced over to Audrey.

"Takeo do me a favor and stay here with Audrey, you got me? Beo said before walking over to Audrey herself and handing her the letter. "Do me a favor and read over this till I come back, I need to go check on Paul and make sure Chris is actually alright... When I make sure everything's okay i'll send someone for you" Beo said before racing out the door of the warehouse and into the current storm.

"Dammit" He shouted as thoughts began racing through his head, mainly about what if Chris really wasn't alright... After all they'd become pretty close friends since meeting for the first time in frosty gorge and having that battle. "I'm coming buddy" he shouted as suddenly he saw the warehouse coming up and he could already hear Paul shouting.

"Chris! Chris! Are you all right!" Pauls voice echoed as Beo stood at the end of an alley way and at the very end sat a person's body, and Paul racing ever closer to it.

"Great" he thought to himself.

Liacri

moral support penguin
    Years
  • Rain drummed hollowly on the warehouse roof high above them. The boy Audrey didn't know turned toward her. "I'm not too sure myself either," he said between the dull beats. "Hi, I'm Paul."

"Hi Paul! I'm Audrey," she said cheerfully, but he had already turned back to the mirrors. Audrey glanced at them herself. Something, some feeling, was itching inside her... what was it? Her reflection split and repeated itself in the broken glass the Pawniard had impacted in its battle with Luce. The Riolu nudged Audrey's leg, and she glanced down distractedly, just then realizing that he was there. "Oops! Sorry, Luce." In a flash of light, Luce vanished back into his Poké Ball, which Audrey placed with her other two safely inside her bag. She was always checking on them, even if she couldn't let them out often. She didn't know what she'd do if she lost Luce, Rhee, and Tik. They'd been with her for ages, after all.

A shout attracted Audrey's wandering attention. She turned in time to catch sight of Paul shoving something at Beo and dashing out into the rain. Confused, she looked to Beo, who was examining whatever it was Paul had forced into his hands. A Buizel stood by his feet, its eyes on Audrey. Audrey looked right back at it -- so cute! -- until Beo addressed it. "Takeo, do me a favor and stay here with Audrey, you got me?" He approached her, the Buizel following dutifully, and held out the object Paul had given him. Audrey took it automatically, still watching Takeo. "Do me a favor and read this over till I come back. I need to go check on Paul and make sure Chris is actually all right.... When I make sure everything's okay, I'll send someone for you."

"Huh?" Audrey glanced up, but Beo had already gone, leaving Audrey standing alone in the warehouse. She looked over her shoulder, but there were only mirrors and a few fainted Pokémon. What had she expected to see, anyway? The only movements were from her own image, repeated over and over along rows of mirrors and reflected in fragments from shards on the ground.

A sharp tug on the leg of her soaking jeans caused her to look down. Of course, she wasn't quite alone. She smiled, but the Buizel simply tugged on her pant leg again. "What is it?" she asked, and it raised an equally wet paw, indicating the letter in her hand. Audrey turned it over. Water was beginning to seep through the envelope, one end of which was torn. Reaching a finger and thumb inside, Audrey was rewarded with a dripping piece of paper, more crumpled than folded. Rainwater had dragged the ink into pools and rivers. His task completed, Takeo turned and darted out the door, running on all fours to find the others. The girl he had left behind didn't notice. Her eyes were fixed on the paper in her hands.

Chris.

I'm ------ ------- I mu-t apologize -- you. A- you -a-- -ave already realized, --e mission I sent you on alon- -ith the rest of the Uprising --------- was a decoy. I -- currently locate- -- - base a half hour's walk d--ec---- East of wher- I directed you -- go. I have by ---- time made an a--e-pt to disma-tle PXS's main information sy-tems, which ---l- potent-ally disable i- enough to al-ow the Uprising and go---nme--t -- gai- -he upper hand. I ha-- st-s-ed a sma-- --ount of su--lies the th-rd tree in-- --- for-st on --- left sid- of the sout---- -ath lead--- --to th- base. If Cha---- --d I a-- not the-e a-d --ere i- no sign f--m us -- -- found, --sume th-- we failed -nd ha-- --en captured. -- --at ha------ you -re the U-ri----'s new lead--. D- --- ----mp- -- save us, a- ---t will on-y lea- to ev---th--g be--- lost. R-membe- Sh---w Valley. I have es--------d connec---ns that w-ll b- -- cont--t w--- -ou -f th-- mis-ion -----, b-- you wil- --r the mos- ---t be -n yo-- -wn.

I -m ----- so-ry --- -ope -o --y so -o y-u dir---ly so--

Is----.

p--- -le--- ---- -n --- o- --d--y --- -e.

For a long moment, Audrey stood frozen, staring at the bleeding ink. Sabey... To Audrey, it didn't matter that they'd been sent on a wild goose chase. It didn't matter that Isabel might not fail her self-appointed mission. It didn't matter that she had someone else with her to help her. All that mattered was that Sabey, her dear, dear Sabey, might be in danger. The anxiety she hadn't been able to pinpoint earlier erupted in her gut. It didn't matter how she knew, but she did: Sabey was in serious trouble.

Audrey ran.

The lights from her sneakers flashed against the mirrors as she left the empty warehouse behind, then danced in the droplets of puddles that her steps sent flying into the rain-drenched air. A flash of lightning seared across the sky; thunder roared angrily in response. Audrey skidded around a corner, nearly losing her balance, then catching it again. A small group of people huddled beneath a streetlight. The light that washed over them shuddered irregularly in the darkness, though the time couldn't have yet been noon. "Sabey... Sabey's in trouble!" she gasped, slipping to a clumsy halt. Audrey's eyes fell on Chris where he sat, his blood mingling with the rain. She stopped dead in terror. Her soaked clothing and hair gave her an almost bedraggled appearance; rivulets of ink-tinted water stained the hand that still held tightly to Isabel's letter. Not Chris. Not Chris, too.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • OOC: Trying to keep this moving. Hoping I didn't ruin anyone's plans /nervous laughter

"I suppose not," Sheila replied, standing up straight and glancing from Isaac to her Pokemon, and back to Isaac again. Her Pokemon didn't seem thrilled and Luke stared at her Marowak with judging eyes.

"Right, let's go to Greg, then." Sheila said, proceeding toward the exit.

"After you, milady," Isaac said with an elaborate and sarcastic bow. He returned Luke to his Pokeball and walked out of the cold warehouse into the colder rain. Raindrops pelted him in the face as if mother nature herself thought Isaac needed a shower. She was probably right, having been in Katsu for a few days now without proper accommodations. I am definitely bring this up with Isabel, he thought to himself with a visible pouting expression staining his face. Why can't we stay at a hotel for at least one night?

Complaining aside, Isaac plowed through the rain, losing track of Shelia more than few times. Isaac's sense of direction was erratic. In some places, it was atrocious. Others, it wasn't half bad. This area had a fairly basic layout, so he was more than capable of finding his way from one warehouse to the next one without too much difficulty. If he remembered correctly, Isaac found the other warehouse where Chris and the others were supposed to be. Hugging the hall to not only stay dry but also to navigate his way to the door, Isaac eventually found what appeared to be a door that was forced open. He stepped inside immediately sighing with relief.

"Phew, the roof seems to be intact here," Isaac said with a little glee. He removed his jacket and began to wring it out a bit. The rain was mercilessly cold and the reality was that Isaac did poorly in colder environments. "Hey! Anyone here? Greg? Chris? Anyooone? Helloooo?" Isaac called. The only reply was an empty echo of Isaac's youthful voice. Isaac scratched his head in confusion, before playing with his hair. After making a quick lap around the warehouse, the only reasonable conclusion that everybody left. They wouldn't leave him alone would they? That would of been awfully mean. If he recalled correctly, Audrey was there too. She was nice, so she would of reminded them that both Isaac and Sheila was stuck in the other warehouse and they should wait for them before leaving for another mission. But what if something far worse happened? Numerous possibilities, most of them irrational, popped up in Isaac's imaginative head. The only to confirm any of them was to run outside and start looking for answers.

Gulping with anxiety, Isaac put his moist jacket back on and reentered the downpour, calling for Sheila to follow him. He had no idea where to go and how to approach reuniting with his comrades. Isaac stumbled through puddles, blinded by lightning, deafened by thundered all in the attempt to navigate his way through the maze of warehouses. There was barely all illumination in the district, but a single streetlight captured his attention. A group of shadows huddled around it, frozen in the silence. The only sound was the rain beating the ground like a horde bashing a castle door in a siege. Isaac approached the group with some discretion, as to not call any unwanted attention to himself. As he grew closer, the figures became more recognizable. There was Audrey, standing petrified. Paul and Beo were nearby, equally tense. Isaac's confusion was then replaced by realization, and even more a call to action.

Isaac pushed the others to the side. While often clueless, Isaac is not stupid. He had enough common sense to realize something wasn't right, though he will admit he wanted to be wrong. Chris sat before Isaac and the others, leaning on a lightest clearly wounded and in pain. Blood trickled from his chest from what appeared to be a deep, painful slash. Isaac could feel his hand make a tight fist out of frustration.

Isaac knelt down by Chris and removed his bag from his shoulders and placed by his side. He shuffled through his bag calmly, appearing to be looking for something. "Chris. How are ya, buddy?" Isaac said, as if nothing was wrong. Isaac's face lit up as he found what was he was desperately searching for. The item? A bottle of cheap wine. "I originally bought this in the city to celebrate our victory. Funny how things change, eh?" Isaac placed the bottle on the ground and took off his once again drenched jacket. He then turned Audrey and smiled," Don't worry. I got this. I have been treated by own wounds for a few years now. At the very worst, I can probably treat him well enough to get him to a hospital or something. He'll be fine." Isaac brought his attention back to Chris, who seemed to be hanging in there.

"Alright, buddy. I am going to have to take off your shirt, only because you are so beautiful," Isaac sarcastically winked. Not waiting for permission, Isaac did it himself forcefully. The years of having several girlfriends gave him great experience in stripping others. He cracked open the bottle of cheap wine and took a quick gulp of it. His face contorted with disgust. "Maybe it is a good thing we are using this for medicinal purposes," he chuckled. "This is probably going to hurt…" Isaac warned.

Without much hesitation, he closed his eyes and dumped a fair amount of the bottle on the wounded chest of Chris, before dousing his jacket with a fair amount, leaving half the bottle left on the ground. Isaac pressed his now alcoholic jacket onto Chris' chest and applied pressure. "This should help with the bleeding and should prevent any infection. Can you keep the pressure on that for me?" Isaac asked. Isaac trusted Chris to follow his instruction, before shivering. The rain got to him and without any jacket, he was sure he would catch a cold.

"That should do for now. We need bandages. Anyone got something?"

Back