• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The weirdest/funniest cries in Pokemon D/P?

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
Years
  • What do you think is the funniest or most unusual cry made by a Pokemon in D/P?

I mean, some of the cries made by Pokemon in D/P sound really weird. For example, Kricketune (sp?) sounds like a wacky stringed instument (violin perhaps?).

Skuntank is my personal favourite. It sounds like its "breaking wind". <titters>

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
  • Pikachus cry in Yellow version XD nar lol D/P so hmmm have to say Deoxys it sounded like a bus horn

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
    Years
  • Yeah, Skuntank is the best, definately. Listening it in slow-motion makes it even better. xDD

I also like Mudkip's, Shuckle's and Torkoal's cries.

Years
  • Probably Lumineon lol that thing had me crackin up. Or Krickitune (i think, whichever is the evolved version)

The first time I encountered one I annoyed the crap out of my friends because not only did I play the sound in the PokeDex, but I also went around making the noise myself.

"Tanananana---bwooOOOOP!!!"

For older generations- Jynx was kinda strange. It like never stopped. Or Electabuzz, who was speaking internet.

Years
  • *chimchar busts in through the wall holding a pitcher of kool-aid*

OH YEEAAAH~!

That'd be great.

Another one I find funny/awesome... Chatot. Who is saying his Japanese name, Perap.. "Pe-ra-pu!".

Murky

Underworld dweller
    Years
  • Spiritomb has a weird but really quite cool cry i think.
    Of the starter pokemon i like the chimchar cry as its actully sounds like some crazy kung fu monkey :P

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    Probably Lumineon lol that thing had me crackin up. Or Krickitune (i think, whichever is the evolved version)

The first time I encountered one I annoyed the crap out of my friends because not only did I play the sound in the PokeDex, but I also went around making the noise myself.

"Tanananana---bwooOOOOP!!!"

For older generations- Jynx was kinda strange. It like never stopped. Or Electabuzz, who was speaking internet.

lol QFT

i like exxecutor and exxecute. exxecutor is similar to jynx's

zer0vrs

Zero Virus
    Years
  • id have to say Hypno, i can never forget how it sounds, and ive heard it so much that i think i like it now

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • This goes in Pokémon General because it's not about Diamond or Pearl themselves, it's just about the cries. I know you need the games to listen, but still.

You're right, the fourth generation has brought many strange cries. Examples: Kricketune, Purugly, Gastrodon, Palkia. There are many more.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • skuntank sound like its farting adn when inferape's cry goes on whe it faints it sounds weird cause the fire on its head had sound effects so when the fire is not moveing and it sounds like its it is just weird, pikachu's cry in yellow is sooooooooo creative

Last edited:

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • I regret not calling this thread "The Weirdest/Funniest cries in Pokemon. period".

Away from the weird crys, Pikachu's is pretty memorable.
    It's not "Pika, Pikachu", but it's still memorable.

7rial 0F Doom

DelicateTorture of the SoOoUuL
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Dialga...LOL, its cry is the EXACT opposite of its aggresive appearance.

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    I agree with Oniko regarding Jynx. Seriously, what was with that insane, convoluted weirdness anyhow?

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • Stunky and Skuntank are funny, 'cause they do sound like they're farting! The first time I heard Stunky I was like, WTF did that thing just fart!? LOL

That and Krickitune, it sounds really weird. Sometimes I immitate it just to be annoying.
    Guess you're not the only one, Oniko. ;)

Back