• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Why haven't they done that yet?" thread

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    You'll have to wait for a new system to do that. It would be impossible to put that much data onto a tiny little card. Unless they shrunk all of the other regions into crappy imitations, then it could possibly work.

Are you Stupid?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Do those look at all similar? DS games can hold upwards of 4 gigs.

If you haven't noticed, GBA Games can hold up to about 2 gigs right now.

Also have you stopped to ponder what you just said. Do you recall the Gameboy Color? The manage to fit 2 full sized regions into it. It was a gameboy color game. The rom file is tiny 2 Megabytes at most. I have all the color games rom dumped on my pc and they take up 11 megabytes

That include's Blue Red Yellow Green (Gameboy Original) Crystal Gold Silver the TCG Game and Pokemon Pinball.

Now if you take a look at the Advanced Gen games, with some 390 something pokemon and One region They are less than 50 megabytes. So not even a gig per game. The NDS rom dump for Diamon is about 64 megabytes. Still not even a gig. Now this holds One region, and almost 500 pokemon. How much of the data can be recycled? All of it except the maps. You could easily map all the regions and fit them onto a 2 gig SD game. Since SD cards much bigger why is this still not possible?

Because Gamefreak can get the same price for one region they can get for 4.

Last edited:

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    I was actually doing that research my self, but thanks, we are still waiting for a global pokemon game. Why havent we been able to capture the pokemon of regions that resemble africa. That would be really different and fun.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Some more.

Why Dont they bring back Mystery gift?
    Why Haven't We been able to go to the Orange Islands yet?
    Why Are the still making new Pidgys and Ratatta? (Pidgy - HootHoot - Tailow - Starly) Those are basically all the same pokemon. Why couldn't pidgy just be something that is common enough its found all over the world?
    When are the gonna make flash a TM? You need it like once per game.

Also Gyrados is a Dragon, Its a chinese style dragon but a dragon non the less. It SHOULD be able to fly by MAGIC. As chinese dragons do. The kinda weave through the air.
    Just look at my comparison of the two.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Why Haven't We been able to go to the Orange Islands yet?

It's an Anime-Only location, like Sunny Town and the Yaz and Kaz gyms and whatnot

When are the gonna make flash a TM? You need it like once per game.

As of Diamond and Pearl, It was downgraded to a TM

Also Gyrados is a Dragon, Its a chinese style dragon but a dragon non the less. It SHOULD be able to fly by MAGIC. As chinese dragons do. The kinda weave through the air.
    Just look at my comparison of the two.

Magikarp/Gyarados are based off of a Japanese Legend of a carp that made it up some magical waterfall and was transforned into a flying serpent.

I hope this clears some things up for you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Again, Flying serpent. Anyways Gyrados was originally supposed to be Water/Dragon. It learned the only dragon move back then. But, they changed that to make the Dratini line in a league of its own.

Also, I know the orange islands are only in the anime (so far) but I still would like to visit them in a Game.

But, I haven't played D/P because they dont emulate well, and I haven't got the money to Buy a DS. I am hoping to get one for my birthday, or enough money for one maybe. Still will be a while before I get Diamond or Pearl because $ is tight.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    I don't think Nidorina/Nidoqueen not being able to breed is a glitch, as the D/P Strategy Guide (Official Nintendo one) lists them in the "None" egg group. It is stupid, but I don't think it can be defined as "glitch". With that said:

-Why can't we obtain all TMs in infinite supply without cheating? (I think I said this already) As unfair as it might seem, the Dept. Stores don't sell good enough TMs IMO.

-Why are we always mimes? I want to speak when I'm being intimidated by the big bad boss, not stand there completely silent and somehow, the know what I want to say.

-Standing on a chair? Seriously, if people had sitting sprites in R/B/Y and G/S/C, why don't they have them in D/P and om the GBA? Come on now, you're better than that.

pkmnfreak84

555 Henshin!
    Years
    I'd say..

-Instead of random new pokemon that are pretty much replicants of old ones (pidgey=starly=etc) why not have new Pre-/Post-Evolutions for the old generation pokemon that don't have one (e.g. Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Tauros, Lapras, etc)

-Eevee's for the rest of the types that they don't already have Eevee versions for, including a higher "normal" type that it evolves into when it hates you

-Bring back the hopping bike!

-Bring back PokeGear, but add the phone and the ability to pick up new apps like the PokeTech. Only.. please less annoying phone calls. I played Crystal yesterday for like an hour and I kept getting called about some guy's Caterpie getting strong and how they almost caught a Poliwag!

-Fix the Paralasys (sp?) rate. It seems every time my pokemon get paralyzed they stay that way, and move maybe 1 outta 5 turns, but when I paralyze an opponent it moves 3 outta 5 or so times.

-Make Trainer Battles optional. I know they're all nesicary, and I like having them there for easier leveling up but I think you should be able to refuses a battle. Sometimes you're down to your last pokemon and its almost dead... and a trainer battles you and with one hit your dead.. oops now you gotta walk all that distance again.

-Fix the attack exit point. For example in my Ruby game I had a seedot and taught it Bullet Seed. It looked like it was coming from the pokemon's mouth.. but once it evolved... erm now it looks like the bullets are coming from its crotch >.>;

I'm sure the'll be more later ^^;

Last edited:

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    I'd say..

-Fix the attack exit point. For example in my Ruby game I had a seedot and taught it Bullet Seed. It looked like it was coming from the pokemon's mouth.. but once it evolved... erm now it looks like the bullets are coming from its crotch >.>;

D/P Magmar's Flamthrower sweat gets me every time. I say yes to this one.

Um, I wants me some answers on how a 1 foot tall Pidgey can carry a human throughout a country. And how a 1 foot tall Manaphy can carry a human across water. Seriously, think about the sizes of these Pokemon. Can you honnestly imagine a Pidgey carrying a 4+ foot tall person into the sky and then cross-country?

In short, we need more reality here. Even if it is a game, its ridiculous.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Gyarados is a weird Pokemon, it jumps not fly. Dusktox and Beedrill seem more flying than Gyarados. Some Pokemon like Sandslash don't learn many good attacks i think.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'd say..

-Instead of random new pokemon that are pretty much replicants of old ones (pidgey=starly=etc) why not have new Pre-/Post-Evolutions for the old generation pokemon that don't have one (e.g. Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Tauros, Lapras, etc)
    Meh. I'd like to see pre-evos of them, but I really don't see the problem with the Pidgey-clones. I mean, look at Staravia and compare it to Pidgeot. It's got a much better movepool, looks different enough, and is really not half bad.

-Eevee's for the rest of the types that they don't already have Eevee versions for, including a higher "normal" type that it evolves into when it hates you
    I half-agree with the types, but why should they make an evo that evolves by hate? They could just give a new means of evolution.

-Bring back the hopping bike!
    Woot squee yes!

-Bring back PokeGear, but add the phone and the ability to pick up new apps like the PokeTech. Only.. please less annoying phone calls. I played Crystal yesterday for like an hour and I kept getting called about some guy's Caterpie getting strong and how they almost caught a Poliwag!
    I already said something about the PokeGear a while back in this thread, but you are incredibly right about the phone thing. It's useful sometimes, but seriously, we do not care about some kid's Ratatta! How can they not realize that?

-Fix the Paralasys (sp?) rate. It seems every time my pokemon get paralyzed they stay that way, and move maybe 1 outta 5 turns, but when I paralyze an opponent it moves 3 outta 5 or so times.
    I don't think that's an actual problem, it just seems like it is. No matter what paralyzis makes you attack/miss at the same rate, but it always just feels like you attack less, the same way that if you use Fury Swipes or a similar move it hits about twice, and if the foe does then it almost guaranteed hits four to five times. Just bad luck I guess.

-Make Trainer Battles optional. I know they're all nesicary, and I like having them there for easier leveling up but I think you should be able to refuses a battle. Sometimes you're down to your last pokemon and its almost dead... and a trainer battles you and with one hit your dead.. oops now you gotta walk all that distance again.
    Well, that's the challenge of the game! If they gave you the option, everyone who's new to Pokemon would be running around declining battles and then finding themselves screwed at the next gym yet having no idea what to do about it.

Yeah...

Gyarados is a weird Pokemon, it jumps not fly.

Hang on. I've seen some strange Gyarados-related arguments in this thread, but now you're saying Gyarados can JUMP? It doesn't even have legs! It can't even be on land (hence the floating in the 3D-games)! How the heck can it leap into the air, much less high enough to be considered flying as Dodrio can?

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    Okay here's a few:

• I believe that instead of making MORE legends we should be learning about the legends. Like in Crystal you kept seeing Sucuine and finding out more about it (I think) and finnaly you challenge it.
    • In a future game it should be The Dogs vs. The Birds. Entei vs. Moltres;Sucuine vs. Articuno;and Rakui(sp?) vs. Zapdos. As they has Kyogre vs. Groudon. But this time you actually have to settle the fight by like...getting Lugia and Ho-oh on um'! It would be after the Poke' League though. And you could battle the birds using Lugia,and the dogs with Ho-Oh. Then peace is restored,blah blah blah, and you get a chance to catch them.
    • In the next league instead of having completly new Pokemon you should be able to pick from all of the starters. Maybe get one from each Region or something. I don't know about this one. :(
    • I think that if they used the idea of being a coordinator that you would have to beat 8 and then have a league to face like the Elite Four but different people and the people being coordinators of course.
    • And finaly,ADD THE BLACK MAN!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    what I always wondered since Red & Blue came out...

why can't you CUSTOMIZE your own character? It shouldn't be that hard! Honestly... just make a few heads, torsos, and pants (with color choices)... The main thing that attracted be to Pokemon was the freedom to do whatever you wanted and be yourself! I remember always getting mad whenever I saw someone's game say "PLAYER: ASH" back when I was 10. I still think it's kind of stupid...

yeah that's one of my main bugs that are still bugging me today.

I also hate how the games keep repeating themselves... but always in a different area with different "replace-o-matic" Pokemon.

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
    Years
    *Make more animations and sprites from Pokemon, I can't belive that no one realises that the Pokemon don't move when the use physical moves or get hit by a physical attack!
    *Make water gun actually look like water gun in anime.
    *Lah illah ha il Allah wa Muhummedun rasool Allah, WHY WON'T THE GIVE BANNETE AND JYNX AN EVOLUTION?!?!?!?!
    *When you send out a Pokemon and its caught in a ball (e.g. you caught a pokemon in a master ball) and the ball is just an ordinary Pokeball, thats a problem that they should solve.
    *Stop making pokemon drop down when they faint, again make more sprites!
    *Bring back the blinking from Crystal!!!!
    *Edit the cries so they sound realistic and maybe edit the mouths of the sprites so it looks like they're saying their cry.

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    *When you send out a Pokemon and its caught in a ball (e.g. you caught a pokemon in a master ball) and the ball is just an ordinary Pokeball, thats a problem that they should solve.

They already did this.Check RSE or FRLG. You'll see.

I agree with the cries thing though. That should definatly be edited. In Yellow Pikachu said "Pika." Why can't they do it for the others?

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    Bring back the Stadium 2 cries for Kanto and Johto, and update Hoenn. (Seriously, you ppl think Sinnoh's cries are pieces of 8-bit CRUD?! They sound like real animals to me!)

Anime cries/attacks on any game not anime-based: 7,000 levels of WRONG. I don't ever want to see that. *shudders*

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2024
    -Why haven't they made a game based on the Orange Islands yet?

-Like someone else said, why do they make you get a legendary only at nintendo events? Not everybody has the money or time to go to one.

-Bring back the night/Day feature of GSC.

-Fora extra feature, design your own evil organization! Choose the design of the clothes, choose what type pokemon they can use, that sort of stuff..

-Like someone said, the ability to refuse battles, but only if you have say one pokemon left, no potions, and it's in the red.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    They need a 2d mmo. Either a coordinator, trainer, gym leader or anything. But to be a gym leader you need to have some fame and experience. Also to be over 10 years old. Yeah like mom I'm going to be a pokemon trainer and travel the world with dangerous monsters. Oh don't forget the pedophiles, molesters, murderers, and freaks out there. Ok honey have a nice time and be safe. WTF thats all your advice. No wonder dad isn't round

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
    Years
    One more:

*Let us choose the heighth and width of out character and choose the clothes hair etc...

@xXGold&SilverXx:Oops! My bad...

Back