• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Why haven't they done that yet?" thread

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Why did they add the dark type without the light type.
    Why havent they made ditto stronger, its having every pokemon but alot weaker!
    why dont we see wild final evolutions, they should be like super rare but they do exist.
    Why dont they let you chose to be a coordinator or a trainer
    why dont they do a pre evo for miltank/tauros,
    evo for plusle and minun
    evo for dunsparce.
    Add a new factor in each game. Age! pokemon are smaller at first and slowly grow and some never
    get to max size and it factors into stats.
    Why havent they made nidoran the same species then branc into seperate species like clamperl.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    Here's a list of more.

-Trainers you battle in Gyms, Routes and Caves why don't they give them Ditto's. Umm... Huh?
    -Allow you to re-catch a Pokémon you just released. Well, maybe not immediate, but it would be nice if you could run across your released pokemon again...
    -A MissingNo Pokédex Entry plus a Movepool and type for it they could even give it the curse type ???. yeah. MissingNo. needs to become an official pokemon. sort of like an anti-god as the opposite of arceus.

Why did they add the dark type without the light type. Good question. why isn't there a light type?
    Why havent they made ditto stronger, its having every pokemon but alot weaker! Ad that's exactly why. It's weak because it can be any pokemon.
    why dont we see wild final evolutions, they should be like super rare but they do exist. And wild starters, don't forget those!
    Why dont they let you chose to be a coordinator or a trainer Yeah. they need to let you choose what you want to do. be a coordinator, a trainer, even a bounty hunter.
    why dont they do a pre evo for miltank/tauros, because miltank and tauros both suck. particularly miltank.
    evo for plusle and minun Maybe. maybe not. i can't decide.
    evo for dunsparce.
    Add a new factor in each game. Age! pokemon are smaller at first and slowly grow and some never get to max size and it factors into stats. i don't understand how this would work...
    Why havent they made nidoran the same species then branc into seperate species like clamperl. that'd be a good idea. it would probably also fix that breeding glitch, too.

At the moment, i've not come up with anything else, but i'll try and think of some.

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    -When are Latias and Latios, going to return in a different game, with their own battle music?

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Why oh WHY can't you have a Pokemon of your choice to follow you through the ENTIRE game (And you can change the Pokemon following you whenever you want, and you withdraw that Pokemon if you feel like it!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    -Gyarados STILL can't learn fly
    It's a serpent confined to the water. Not to mention it has no wings. Mantine and Mantyke may as well learn fly...
    -Why hasn't someone made Beedrill/Dustox immune to Ground moves yet?
    Because already tons of Bug/Poision Types can be, and if they keep doing it then it won't work out. Besides, not many people use those two. More likely you'll need to hit them with Ground Moves than need to defend them from Ground Moves.
    -Will somebody PLEASE fix that #$*&^ Nidorina/Nidoqueen glitch?
    What glitch, might I ask?
    -Sandshrew/Sandslash's only level-up STAB move is Sand Tomb. WHY?
    It's kind of a Normal-Attacker. Just doesn't look immediately capable of many good Ground Moves. The TMS are fine with me.
    -Who's idea was it to give Diglett access to Aerial Ace?
    Good point.
    -How many 'creators of the world' Legendaries are we gonna have, anyway?
    No idea. If they stop making legends, kids'll stop playing, so they kind of have to. But still, like fifteen is just way too many.

posted by Palkia_279>
    -When are Latias and Latios, going to return in a different game, with their own battle music?
    Why Lati@s? If they did that, they may as well return the beasts/dogs. Mewtwo. Ho-oh. Lugia. Birds. Regis. Need I say more?

posted by Sekushi Sushi*>
    Why did they add the dark type without the light type.
    Psychic kinda works. I mean, it can't affect Dark or anything, but it kind of fits in. Besides, there's plenty of types already.
    Why havent they made ditto stronger, its having every pokemon but alot weaker!
    If it was as strong as the Pokemon it became, it would be ultimate and nearly invincible.
    why dont we see wild final evolutions, they should be like super rare but they do exist.
    Not sure. It would help out with EV training.
    Why dont they let you chose to be a coordinator or a trainer
    Because you can already be both.
    why dont they do a pre evo for miltank/tauros,
    They seem fine already. Good idea though.
    evo for plusle and minun
    They're the hoenn Pikachu-clones. If they did that, they'd need one for Pachirisu too.
    evo for dunsparce.
    Good idea.
    Add a new factor in each game. Age! pokemon are smaller at first and slowly grow and some never get to max size and it factors into stats.
    It would be neat, but it probably wouldn't work out. I don't think it should affect stats, but rather, stats would determine their growth.
    Why havent they made nidoran the same species then branc into seperate species like clamperl.
    Because they are two full evolutionary lines, yet one is male and the other female. Plus, Nidoran M/F don't look enough like each other to just call it a gender difference.

posted by Team Poison>
    -Trainers you battle in Gyms, Routes and Caves why don't they give them Ditto's.
    Er... Why Dittos? Then they become your Pokemon with bad stats, not the Gym's Type.
    -Allow you to re-catch a Pokémon you just released.
    What's the point? If you want to keep them, don't release them. It asks if you are sure like two times.
    -A MissingNo Pokédex Entry plus a Movepool and type for it they could even give it the curse type ???.
    MissingNo is a glitch, so to speak. It shouldn't be in the game, and most people never see it. No.

posted by Gorbyss>
    Why doesn't Zapdos get a decent flying move?
    Does it look capable of anything other than Drill Peck and Aerial Ace? How many special Flying Moves are there even?
    Why doesn't Ninetails get Psychic?
    Good point.
    Why isn't Wailord getting a water/ice evolution and why doesn't it have the thick fat trait?
    Thick Fat would make sense, but Wailord simply does not need an evolution.
    And why can't Gorebyss Calm Mind?
    No idea.

posted by Team Poison>
    -We have a Unown Alphabet but why don't we have a Unown Numbers from 0-9.
    The alphabet is enough. Numbers don't really fit in.
    -When are they going to stop doing Rattata and Pidgey Clones (Rattata>Sentret>Zigzagzoon>Didoof and Pidgey>HootHoot>Taillow>Starly).
    Well, they need them. Without, you start off the game battling much tougher Pokemon than you can manage. They're kind of an important part of the game. And, I don't know whee I'd be without Bibarel and Starly, my HM slaves.
    -When are they going to do weird type combinations for example a Fire/Ice Pokémon or a Grass/Bug or even a Fighting/Flying Pokémon.
    They made Gligar and Gallade. It happens at least once every generation if you look close enough. As for Grass/Bug, Parasect says hello.
    -When is there going to be more that are comined for expample Slowpoke+Shellder=Slowbro, Slowpoke+Shellder=Slowking or Mantyke+Remoraid=Mantine.
    When they get bored enough to do it again.
    -When are they going to give Female Machop's/Machoke's/Machamp's bra's to wear.
    Nintendo might get sued if not attacked by angry parents if they do that...

Sekushi Sushi*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Psychic and Dark only seem like perfect counter parts because thats how its been. To me if you think about it, it doesnt make since. Most dark types look darkish and some psychic pokemon dont look like majestic good guys. They do need to add the light type so they can be weak against eachother, like the dragon type sortof or like ghost and psychic

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    -Why haven't they allowed ethers and elixers to be buyable in Markets? There's no reason why you cant. I don't know about you, but I'm sick of relying on Leppa Berries.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    -Why haven't they allowed ethers and elixers to be buyable in Markets? There's no reason why you cant. I don't know about you, but I'm sick of relying on Leppa Berries. I know, they should start selling them, I mean, you can randomly find them! So why no buy them, and I don't like using berries, I prefer to use berries for Pokeblocks/Poffins XD

My reply is in Bold.

- When will there be the black market, where you can buy rare candy's and masterball's, but they only come for an hour, one day a week, and like, it is really expensive, still would be cool though XD

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    -When are they going to get rid of IV's? They suck! They could completely ruin your Pokemon without even knowing it! And of course, there's a 1/876662378372673827889 chance of getting one with perfect IV'S!
    -When are they going to inform you if one of your Pokemon has Pokerus! Cause as we all know that it dissapears after 2 days, unless you deposit the Pokemon. And why make it so rare to happen? I mean, it's less likely to happen then a shiny Pokemon, so why put it in the games? If the odds are that that low, there's no point.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    They need a ghost puppy! >.<
    They don't have any puppies.....
    . .
    ,-,

Sekushi Sushi*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    When are they going to make a game when all regions are accessible. I know its a little much but it would keep us calm for a while so they can keep makind=g an even better game.
    Why havent they made a better spider pokemon, dark bug maybe.

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    They need to give you a choice of if you want to be a bad guy or not, it would be like two different games. Where you go and battle Gym Leaders, or you go run missions for the boss. XD

Sekushi Sushi*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Why cant we when we use fly actualy go up in the clouds and encounter trainers on their pokemon and flying and dragon pokemon.

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    When are they going to make a game when all regions are accessible. I know its a little much but it would keep us calm for a while so they can keep makind=g an even better game.
    Why havent they made a better spider pokemon, dark bug maybe.
    You'll have to wait for a new system to do that. It would be impossible to put that much data onto a tiny little card. Unless they shrunk all of the other regions into crappy imitations, then it could possibly work.

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Why cant we when we use fly actualy go up in the clouds and encounter trainers on their pokemon and flying and dragon pokemon.
    I never thought of that, but that would be really awesome. Your right, they let us surf and battle trainers, but they don't let us fly and battle trainers. The only problem would be it would take soooo long to get where your going.

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    The only problem would be it would take soooo long to get where your going.
    And you wouldn't be able to use non-flying Pokemon.

-When are they going to have voice actors? They should do what Capcom did with Mega Man ZX Advent. (You're a poopy face if you don't have that game!)

Sekushi Sushi*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    I dont have that game but I also think that they shoulve gotten down to pokemon saying their names instead of crys, but im used to it now.

Back