• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    I normally try to give out level 40+ pokemon in the wonder trade because I try to be nice to people XD I hate the folks who put in nothing but weedles.

I got a lot of japanese named pokemon, which I like, because hey, it's different.
    I think my favorite trade I got so far (for wonder trade) was my draglae (that poison/dragon pokemon that looks like the sea horse). Haven't gotten around to training it, yet

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I was going through my box and I was surprised (more like enthralled) to find a Froakie someone had given me with Pokérus. I'm going to pull a Good Guy Greg and infect some random Pokes I don't mind giving away, nickname them "I have pkrus," and send them away on the wonder trade so others can infect their teams. Just to brighten their day. Hope I get good karma for this haha : P

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • What I hate getting the most are starters. Everybody has them. I have more starters than anything else mostly because I just can't seem to get interesting stuff anymore. The only good starters I have I either did a regular trade or caught/bred myself.

Starters aren't that bad. I recently started trading away modest Squirtle with Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere (those moves are egg moves), and soon I'll be sending out several protean Froakie. Tons of other people are also sending out protean Frokie. Not everyone has access to Frogadier in the Friend Safari.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Magikarp lvl 2 - Beldum lvl 5
    Bunnelby lvl 6 - Shiny Rhydon lvl 54

I'm getting goodun's

touchwood

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Got a second Noibat yesterday prior to my Shiny encounter (see other thread for that). This Noibat was clearly Egg-bred as it knows four moves including Air Cutter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    I read in the interwebs that people have been getting bad eggs from wonder trade. Is it true?

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    I've had a little bit of luck by getting an adamant scyther, besides that I haven't had that much luck besides an adamant torchic with the speed blaze ability thing.

I must be one of the few (because I'm not a jerk like people who catch a lv. 3 pokemon and trade it. If you do this you're basically ruining wonder trade already) who actually goes out of my way to catch higher lvled pokemon/special pokemon or trade specially bred pokemon.

For example I've been catching pokemon in multiple friend safari's and then trading them on the wonder trade to help others fill up their pokédex.

I've also traded multiple perfect sp.att IV modest charmanders and a few other pokemon.

Heck, I've even released the useless pokemon I've gotten from wonder trade just to filter out -some- bad pokemon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Spiritomb is obtainable? Only in the Friend Safari I guess, but I wonder how it gets in there.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I guess I'm different than everybody else. I don't resend the starters. I don't know anybody that needs them unless they have a Hidden Ability.

Then I view people sending higher level Pokemon the same as those that send the low level catches. A catch is a catch and overall, short of extremely rare occurances, useless Pokemon.

Luckily most people send out breeding projects. It is a rare occurance that I keep anything over level 1. Somehow I am excessively unlucky and haven't gotten any Shiny or Legendary like I've heard other people getting.

Years
  • I got a Muk and an Ekans, one of my faves!! And a protean Froakie and a Calm Goomy with 5 perfect IVs

Btw, is the rumor about the mystery zone egg true?

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2014
    I just got a graveler and evolved uppon getitng it so i kinda got 2 pokes at once =P

I also want to know about the mistery zone egg rumors cause i have been lookign around 7 different forums including the ROM hack forums where the X/Y editor poped up and have found no proof of the WT being infested with hacked pokes

While the video depicting these mistery zone eggs has been proved to being a corrup data from either the games the owner had or the SD card he owns so no WT issue there

This is all the info i have managed to find as well as the ROM Hacks stating that right now there is no way to trade a poke file back into the game after they get it to their pc, so if anyone knows anythign else or has some real proof of the WT rummor being true please share it

Years
  • I once spent 5 minutes trading off a bidoof only to get bidoofs back. I suppose that's what I get for trying to force a bidoof on someone...

datgreentea

nomnomnom ^^
    Years
  • After looking at the 5+ Froakies I've received from the Wonder Trade, atleast 3 of them have Protean. :)

I mostly use the Wonder Trade system to fill my Pokedex for Pokemon that I wouldn't bother catching otherwise, however my luck turning out really well and have received a Golem, a Gengar, and all of the region 1 & 6 starters.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • I've been tossing 1st evolution pokémon that are hard to find without breeding into wonder trade. I bred a bunch of Munchlax(es?) yesterday and put them into wonder trade, I like to think I am making some people happy by helping fill their pokédexes. I haven't gotten anything great in a while. The last thing that wasn't a trade-fodder pokémon was a ditto (a foreign ditto, so it's pretty cool).

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
    Years
  • I've done quite a lot, and mainly traded Pokemon I found on victory road or traded back things I didn't like.

The first time I tested Wonder Trade, I managed to get a Japanese Gengar for a Honedge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back