• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I just got a lvl1 Modest Porygon with pokerus O_O

Can't check its IV's because I'm on a new game but OMG!!!

Years
  • I've been breeding Piplup to try for a shiny one. Right now I'm going through the process of putting 100 Piplups into Wonder Trade - if anyone gets one with the OT Silver Fox gimme a shout also! ^_^

So far I've gotten what could be quite nice IV Litwics and Axews but I will have to check them before I release them.
    Other catches:

Japanese HA Timid Eevee,
    Japanese HA Torchic,
    2 different Japanese Vivillon forms,

Last edited:

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • This felt like a slap in the face so please dont do this. I just got a 5iv froakie from WT. It was missing Protean and missing flawless ivs in speed. Honestly, why would I want one especially if it lacks Protean and speed ivs. I just Wt'd it back. I was goingto Release but someone might want it (doubt it tho). It might sound like I'm greedy, but I'mnot. If Iit would have said 3ivs (would need Spattack and Speed tho) timid protean Id be happy. I just dont see why People do this? Not everyone is a breeder (starting to seem like everyone but me is but eh). I dont trade the best of things ethier, but that was bad. It doesn't seem like that many good Pokemon get traded tho.

What I think is stupid tho is alot of breeders Clone pokemon, so why don't they send out their Competitive pokemon and keep some for themselves
    Or Pokebank Legends. It would be awesome to recieve a Kyogre, but People just dont seem ro be that nice lol.
    So, yeah It was cool and all, but they gave me a Pokemon I could not fix (That, and the breeding machanics are confussing).

You got a near perfect Froakie for free, woe is you....

Years
  • The best stuff I've gotten out of Wonder Trade is a shiny Smeargle, which I've now traded for a Landorus, and at one point a shiny Garchomp with extremely good IVs and a Jolly nature.
    I remember when I first got it I didn't think much of it, I just thought "oh nice, a Garchomp, will make a nice register in the dex. Already got some Gibles though so w/e".

Then, a few days later when I was looking through the boxes, I noticed the red star. That is when I realized I had hit the ultimate Wonder Trade jackpot without noticing it. It's currently serving on my team as a pink, pimpin' mega Garchomp.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
  • I've gotten a few good things out of Wonder Trade. These include, but are not limited to:

• Bobby the Greninja
    • A male and female Ralts which I used to breed Inigo
    • Fluffy the Jolteon
    • A Modest Larvesta that I took to the Elite Four
    • A Furfrou
    Maybe I'll get into it once I get through a majority of the postgame.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • A while ago I was trading off some Protean Froakies and I got some pretty lame and pretty cool Pokemon in return, but the best one I remember getting was a Swinub.

Obviously I didn't think too much of it at first, only until I looked at its info in the PC. After noticing it had 5 markings that obviously weren't randomly placed, I immediately brought it to the IV checker. In the end, I discovered that the Swinub not only had 5 perfect IVs, it even had the right nature and everything.

The best part was, I tried to look for the person who gave me the Swinub in my PSS list and give them a "nice" or something to thank them, but the Trainer name didn't match anyone's that I Wonder Traded with. So someone was either so nice they passed such a nice find to a random Trainer, or they didn't even know they got such a great Pokemon and just traded it away.

Years
  • I've used the wonder trade a lot so i can't even remember all the pokemon i sent out there
    However! Here's what I've gotten in return::

3 Charmanders
    2 Froakies
    serveral Zigzagoon and Bunnlebys
    3 Gible (1 SPA)
    Sentret
    Abra
    3 Scatterbug
    Totodile
    Cubchoo (SPA)
    Goldeen
    Swablu (JPN)
    2 Litleo (1 JPN/ 1 FRE)
    several Honedge (1 SPA)
    Yamask
    Phanpy
    Deino
    Psyduck
    Chimchar
    Pawniard (SPA)
    2 Fennekin
    Magikarp (JPN)
    Swinub
    Trevenant (JPN)
    Jynx (KOR)
    Audino(JPN)
    Tropius
    Aromatisse
    Noctowl (ITA)
    Gourgeist
    Watchog
    Ditto (KOR)
    Poliwhirl
    Mawile
    Anorith
    Cranidos (JPN)
    Zoroark (SPA)
    Hanuter -> Gengar
    Exeggutor (JPN)
    Pidgey (GER)

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • About to put some 4 - 5 IV Adamant Larvitars through wonder trade, and will be for the next few days (: No egg moves as of right now but may add some. They'll be in qucik balls, so you know ;p

Last edited:

Pinta77

Usually I put out phiones and rotoms and other starters ivee breed. But last night, I had to catch a bunch of luvdiscs to get heartscales. And frankly, I'd rather have bunnelby than luvdisc. So I wonder traded about 10 luvdisc.

I also noticed, I have never captured a bunnelby myself. Not even when I first started the game. Yet I have enough to fill an entire box. Gotta love wonder trade.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'll be honest, I kinda want to do this!
    1536434_10203017040768532_299872089_n.jpg

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • I had some fun with Wonder Trade. I was breeding for shinies, so naturally I saved a few boxes just for trades. Upon trading, I tried to take notice of what was being sent to me. Lots of starters (even a select few Hoenn and Johto starters from Japanese Pokebankers), Eevees, and a lot of garbage Pokemon that people clearly just caught and wanted to be rid of. It's interesting to see what you get when you have nothing to lose by trading your bred Pokemon. Most people I've interacted with have been fellow breeders, which is logical.

I've got boxes full of Emolga just waiting to be unleashed on the world. :3

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
    Years
  • Finally I'm getting good stuff from Wonder Trade.

I am emptying my boxes of Vullabys and Ferroseeds, my first 2 breeding projects of XY, so I WTed the not-perfect pokés. So people are also getting goods IVd pokés with egg moves.

I didn't check the IVs of most pokés, so I may have "hidden" gems.

The good pokés, including pokés I didn't have before, were:
    4 IV Adamant Mawile
    5 IV Adamant Sneasel with Ice Punch
    3 IV Modest Clauncher
    Treecko
    4 IV Hasty Protean Froakie
    Timid Froakie with Toxic Spikes
    Lileep
    Totodile
    Froakie with Pokerus
    I think a 5 IV Tentacool and I only noticed now with Lumiouse Garrete
    Feebas with Dragon Pulse, Haze and Mirror Coat, possibly IVd
    Adamant Zubat with Brave Bird, Hypnosis and Zen Headbutt, possibly IVd

pokefan648

< I ate your giant meatball :3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I have a method of wonder trade. I atch 2 or more wild pokemon on the path between Vaniville and Lumiose where they are easiest to catch. Next, I trade them of course! I continue to trade until I get Pokémon that I'm satisfied with. So far I got a Scyther, Snorlax, Staravia, and a French Fennekin! Not too bad for wonder trade!

pokefan648

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    French Fennekin on Wonder Trade!!

Last night I was using my "Wonder Trade Method" and I happened to get a Fennekin with the name Feunnec, and saw the FRE symbol next to the name on summary, I was so surprised. I think it is rare on my opinion, so I deposited it to the GTS and asked for a Mew (Hopefully a Japanese person will see it). I know that barely anyone has a Mew in X and Y, but the Japanese Pokémon Bank is already released I believe. If you do happen to have a Mew, find Feunnec on the GTS and make sure it has my name, Pokefan648, under it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Last night I was using my "Wonder Trade Method" and I happened to get a Fennekin with the name Feunnec, and saw the FRE symbol next to the name on summary, I was so surprised. I think it is rare on my opinion, so I deposited it to the GTS and asked for a Mew (Hopefully a Japanese person will see it). I know that barely anyone has a Mew in X and Y, but the Japanese Pokémon Bank is already released I believe. If you do happen to have a Mew, find Feunnec on the GTS and make sure it has my name, Pokefan648, under it!

I don't think Mew can be traded on the GTS, it might be one of those pokemon that is given with a ribbon that prevents it from getting traded over wifi or wonder trade

and also, French fennekins are about as rare as North American Fennekins! ;-)

pokefan648

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    The Mew thing your probably right about. I don't know about French Fennekins, but They seem more rare than both Japanese and North American, but I could be wrong. Maybe I Assumed that because I've never owned a French Pokémon before. I thought it would be neat to post about my Wonder Trade find, since usually the Pokémon you get aren't all that great.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2014
    Got Shiny Candivalier with JP name... My question was - keep it anyway or trade it. I traded it, no regrets. 3ds - console with region block on games but no region block on servers... so frustrating.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Yup, Mew is not available for trade on GTS. You have to find someone who has one thats willing to trade theirs. And Fennekin isn't good enough to trade for a Mew.

Though, it's nice to have a different region Fennekin though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back