• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the world is full of people we don't need anymore

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Do you think humanity, as an entire entity/in general is more virtuous or more evil? Is there hope for humanity? Or will we eventually wipe ourselves out in a few centuries or so?
    What do you think should be done to improve the human race, whether you think it's very good now or not

Years
    People are generally good. I think it's bad situations that make people do bad/wrong/unintelligent/damaging/misguided/etc. things.

When I was traveling a couple weeks ago I got some bad directions and ended up lost and a total stranger took me and another person halfway across a city without asking for anything in return. I'm sure it was because he didn't have too much to worry about with his own life. If I'd been somewhere people barely had enough money to eat I wouldn't be too surprised if no one helped me (or even took advantage of me) because they'd have been in a desperate situation.

Of course the reality of the world is that lots of people are in bad situations, and there are always the bad eggs who aren't and still do evil things so I dunno if we're not going to mess ourselves up beyond the point of no return or not. If we do I wouldn't blame it on human nature though.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I tend to have a really bad view of human nature in general, mostly because I grew up and was pretty much constantly betrayed/ignored/backstabbed by friends. My parents feel the same; for instance, my mom told me yesterday to "get close to no one, just be acquaintances". Trust issues for the win.

Humans are inherently selfish. Most people would rather screw you over than help you if there is any inherent benefit to them, so it's not like you should put yourself out for others (especially not non-family and friends).

Most people are bad eggs. Some are good, though. They tend to get hurt and turn bad eventually.

Mikosage

Internet Superstar
    Years
    I would like to believe that people are generally good. But I know that's a pipe dream.

I read a story on another board recently about a young boy who threw rocks at some cars off an overpass and was rewarded with a crossbow shot to the gut from one of the drivers.

The amount of people going YEAH THE YOUNG BOY GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO HIM SHOOTING A CHILD WITH A HUNTING WEAPON IS A GREAT PUNISHMENT I HAVE NO COMPASSION was staggering.

This sickens me. We live in a time devoid of human compassion and sympathy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I'm a cynical optimist :D! I dislike people, for many reasons I don't care to explain. But I always hope for the best, which usually leads to disappointment.Which might just explain my cynicism right there... :O.

But anyway, I do believe there is hope for humanity. When a crisis arrives, so does a hero to deliver us from our hell. There are MANY MANY MANY people who are do good for everything and yadda yadda. I think that just maaaaaaybe, they will begin to make peace, even if it is in the aftermath of a huge and horrible war.

The human race is what it is. There is only ONE thing to change how people are, and that is to give them what they want, or at least to listen to their ideas(HINT:D-*-m-o-c-r-*-c-y. And not that **** version the US has running either, because that sucks.). If they are not considered, listened to, or treated as equals, they tend to get sick of the treatment and rebel. Which I'm surprised hasn't happened on a large-scale in the US.... 'o_o

So I guess to sum this up, I believe that people are greedy, filthy, terrible things. Yet, I always hold out hope that they will prove to be the opposite of what I think. There are some do, but they are few and far.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I think humans are naturally selfish and only think of what's in the best interests of them and those they care for personally. In a civilized society, many people have learned to overcome this natural selfishness, but it is still rooted in us all.

Back