• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    My first WTF moments were when I couldn't beat Bugsy's Scyther for A LOT OF TIMES. I was underleveled. Got mad and restarted the game, cought the same pokemon and overleveled them. Then beat Bugsy on my first try. Why the hell did I do that - remains a mystery.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    My first WTF moments were when I couldn't beat Bugsy's Scyther for A LOT OF TIMES. I was underleveled. Got mad and restarted the game, cought the same pokemon and overleveled them. Then beat Bugsy on my first try. Why the hell did I do that - remains a mystery.

Tell me about it. I had trouble twice with Bugsy in HeartGold, whereas I had no trouble in Gold and it was against Scyther.

On my second try, I got him at about 1hp and then he completely lucked out and pulled off a U-Turn on my team of three Pokémon at that time. I then realised that my current levels weren't going to do (I was about the same levels as the Metapod and Kakuna) and that grinding to Scyther's level was the best thing to do.

Still irritating though.

And another annoying moment was battling the Komono Girls. Again, no trouble in Gold, plenty of trouble this time. My Primeape couldn't knock out an Umbreon without support from my own Umbreon, Espeon took a while to beat down with Umbreon's Bite, Flareon was simple enough, but got a burn on my Feraligatr, Jolteon was a real pain in the backside and Vapereon was irritating.

Thank God those battles are now over.

Thankfully though, I had no trouble against Whitney whatsoever, despite her being one of my toughest battles back in Gold.

Years
    I was battling against Chuck and took him down using only my Meganium (level between 35 and 40 I think) and beat him using just Return and Petal Dance!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    or when you and the gym leader have 1 pokemon each you can take 2 hits the oponent will be K.Od if it gets hit again so it dosent matter that the oponents pokemon is faster and then the gym leader lands a critical hit....

Yeeeessssss, mostly against Bugsy and Whitney for me.

Manga

Manga Lover~
    Years
    I have one that I'd share.

It's when I was near Mahogany and I randomly found Entei..And it was shiny..(I was like WTF..And it's really weird because I wasn't searching for it.And I found Entei in my Silver near there..O-o).(It ended up fleeing...The next Time I saw it it wasn't shiny.. :( )

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I have one that I'd share.

It's when I was near Mahogany and I randomly found Entei..And it was shiny..(I was like WTF..And it's really weird because I wasn't searching for it.And I found Entei in my Silver near there..O-o).(It ended up fleeing...The next Time I saw it it wasn't shiny.. :( )

That is extremely odd.....how can he be weakened through different battles but not retain his "shiny-ness"? That sucks though.

WTF indeed

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    When I first got to the Trainer House in Viridian, I battled my friend's team. He had a Togekiss who used Metronome, which promptly turned into PSYCHO BOOST. wtf moment. It seems that in any in-game battles, the opposing Metronome turns into a really strong move.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I caught Ho-Oh in a Pokeball, and considered myself a bit lucky. So then I go walkabouts in Victory Road and come across a green Golbat. I was about to use a Max Repel just before, too.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Well here's a seriously insane WTF moment...it didn't happen with me but believe me i'm glad it didn't..so here goes..my friend was battling a trainer..he sent out his togepi who was holding EXP share...now comes the fun part...he used metronome and guess what came up ?? ...Fling !!!...ya...EXP share was gone !!! Out of hundreds of move he got the craziest of them all...LOL he seriously was like WTF !!!!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Don't even get me started on Togepi's metronomes.

Mine did Roar of Time once hahahaha

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I was training Togepi for happiness so it would evolve, I used Metronome and it used Explosion... This happened a lot so I decided to stop training it the second time around, and walk around with it instead.

I eventually got it to level up and evolve at level 2, I was so happy.

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    its when my ass got kicked by a lvl15 jiggly puff
    D:

Tell me about it... jigglypuff are just WTF pokemon I guess XD
    it happened to me aswell

mines happened when I met entei on the water D: I was like WTF? how can it be there?
    also how can raikou and entei flee when they are asleep? it doesn't make any sense!
    also I caught a lv 30 wooper... D:

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    YEah I had the same thing excepted with Entei on the route south of Ecruteak! I caught it with my fast ball, and after that I had no luck with Raikou!
    You're too lucky :( jk
    I spent AGES catching Entei and Raikou in Poké Balls. And when I actually caught Raikou I wasn't actually looking at my DS. I was looking a YouTube and then glanced over to my DS. "Gotcha! RAIKOU was caught!" O_o

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Haha I went in Cerulean Cave and went looking for Mewtwo. When I got to him, I realized I didn't have my Scyther and Ampharos with me (for False Swipe and Thunder Wave.)

Then I used an escape rope and I went o.o

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    My other WTF moment just happened. Wilst reading this thread and Playing my HG in the Bug-Catching Contest. I take a sip of water look over to my DS to find what looked like Celebi! I almost spit my water out but instead I started choking to realize it was a Silcoon. i'm crushed

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Tell me about it... jigglypuff are just WTF pokemon I guess XD
    it happened to me aswell

mines happened when I met entei on the water D: I was like WTF? how can it be there?
    also how can raikou and entei flee when they are asleep? it doesn't make any sense!
    also I caught a lv 30 wooper... D:

well i was trying to level up my slowpoke (think it was lvl 25 or 30?) and came across a jigglypuff

but unfortunately the stupid jigglypuff used sing
    so i was first like "eh no biggie"
    then it used pound... critical hit
    me: :/
    then pound again another two times
    me: >:/

when slowpoke finally awoken it missed (i used iron tail)
    me: >:O

then that darn jigglypuff used sing again
    me: D:
    and pounded me (which was critical again!)
    me: DX

that stupid blob repeated the process
    until i failed, epicly

after that day, ive hated all things pink and round, including slowpokes

lol XD

Sealia

Dark Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    The biggest wtf and rofl moment in the game for me was when you fight your rival in the underground while on your trek to find the radio tower director, and when you get him on his last pokemon he says: "Hey hey! Why so serious?"
    lmao, He pulled a Joker line...(from the Dark Knight movie)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back