• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    The biggest wtf and rofl moment in the game for me was when you fight your rival in the underground while on your trek to find the radio tower director, and when you get him on his last pokemon he says: "Hey hey! Why so serious?"
    lmao, He pulled a Joker line...(from the Dark Knight movie)

That was mine! ^a^

Seriously, I nearly wet myself when he said that.

My other one was recently when I stepped into Celadon Department store and bumped into none other than Crasher Wake who gave me a bunch of masks and then disappeared.

And then today when, upon entering Viridian Forest for the first time, I met Bugsy and got his phone number! At first I was like, "Woah, that Bug Catcher looks like Bugsy!"

And then he was like "Hi! Here's my number! I like Thurdays!" (or something to that effects) and disappeared! Pwahaha! ~♪

Sealia

Dark Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    That was mine! ^a^

Seriously, I nearly wet myself when he said that.

My other one was recently when I stepped into Celadon Department store and bumped into none other than Crasher Wake who gave me a bunch of masks and then disappeared.

And then today when, upon entering Viridian Forest for the first time, I met Bugsy and got his phone number! At first I was like, "Woah, that Bug Catcher looks like Bugsy!"

And then he was like "Hi! Here's my number! I like Thurdays!" (or something to that effects) and disappeared! Pwahaha! ~♪

Kehehehe...yea, Crasher Wake was pretteh random. And when exploring more of Celadon you run into Maylene chowin down in the eating contest at the resteruant, going "Om nom nom nom, I am Hippowdon!"

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    I was almost asleep while playing my game, when I was awakened to find that I had mistakenly released my only flaffy...

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    My Level 45 Eevee OHKO'd all of Claire's Pokemon with Return, except Kingdra who required ~three hits.

I wasn't expecting that at all :\ Adaptability + Silk Scarf + Return on a Normal-type Pokemon = abused.

Where do you get all of that? (Silk Scarf and Return TM)

My WTF is on Claire...killed all Pokemon in OHKO and slowly killed Kingdra but it kept OHKOing my Pokemon or 2HKOing them...(my Pokemon were faster) and it managed to burn through all 50 of my revives...<.< I hate Claire's Kingdra

Oh and I got Pokerus on my HG (I have both versions) before fighting Bugsy lol

The biggest wtf and rofl moment in the game for me was when you fight your rival in the underground while on your trek to find the radio tower director, and when you get him on his last pokemon he says: "Hey hey! Why so serious?"
    lmao, He pulled a Joker line...(from the Dark Knight movie)

That was even better for me because I named my Rival Joker lol

Last edited:

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    My WTF is on Claire...killed all Pokemon in OHKO and slowly killed Kingdra but it kept OHKOing my Pokemon or 2HKOing them...(my Pokemon were faster) and it managed to burn through all 50 of my revives...<.< I hate Claire's Kingdra

I'm raising a Kingdra on my HG team :) I just beat the 7th gym.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I'm raising a Kingdra on my HG team :) I just beat the 7th gym.

I have Horsea Egg on Platinum and will trade it over one i get Nicole (Rin) on at the same time to trade it over...Kingdra is ownage in HGSS

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Crasher Wake shows up near the Safari Zone waterfall after the Celadon Dpt. Store encounter.

But I can't believe I missed Maylene. =/

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Pretty sure I said this in another thread..

I couldn't catch Snorlax; I was throwing all my Poke and Great balls on it, it was still there, uncatched with full HP :(

Then I realised I had I had one ball left. It was a Heavy Ball. :( Threw it at Snorlax and I was like, WTF im such a dumbass.

Now I had to go searching for money again. e.e

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2010
    Just the other day I was using calm mind on Alakazam on Gumpig of the elite four. After one calm mind, the grumping used signal beam. Being a bug move on a non bug type, it took alakazams health down to roughly 75%. I used another calm mind after, and my plan was to use a hyper potion to put his health back to full. However another signal beam came and critted, KOing Alakazam. I dont understand how this happened. If a non-crit takes out 25% health, surely a crit should take out 50%, which would take Alakazam down to 25% health. Considering I also used a calm mind between both attacks..how on earth the signal beam took all 75% health off Alakazam out Ill never know.

Sealia

Dark Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    That was even better for me because I named my Rival Joker lol

....epic...

My friend named hers jesus, they kinda made the rival more comical.
    Another wtf moment was when I battled the Kimono girl with jolteon. She kept using double team and my team kepted missing EVERY TURN. It took my Ampharos to defeat it with all ELECTRIC type moves.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    My WTF moment:

I just used my ONE fast ball to catch an Abra, then a Raikou appears and I have nothing to catch it with...

McNoob

Magikarp Enthusiast
    Years
    The other day, I came across a level 42 Dodrio. I weakened it down to red health assuming it would be an easy catch. I ended up using 10+ balls and when I finally caught it, my game froze on the closing screen.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    I was walking on Route 43 when I turned around to talk to my leading pokemon, Scyther.

He apparently was leading the way with something in its mouth and for a moment, I was all, "Oh hey awesome - he found something new!" And then I realized that if I took it from him, he was kind of sad and if I didn't, he got sick because he ate something disagreeable and started getting angry with me and roaring.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I was walking on Route 43 when I turned around to talk to my leading pokemon, Scyther.

He apparently was leading the way with something in its mouth and for a moment, I was all, "Oh hey awesome - he found something new!" And then I realized that if I took it from him, he was kind of sad and if I didn't, he got sick because he ate something disagreeable and started getting angry with me and roaring.

lol if you Pokemon doesnt like you yet it will be mad...if it does like you it will be happy...

Weird thing is with my Pokerus before Bugsy is I was doing that Irex Forest event and my Pokemon said "Nipping at something and got something in its mouth looks sick" or something like that before Nurse Joy told me the good news...(and Elm did...after I caught a Geodude to keep Pokerus forever in PC) so IDK if they are connected or not...

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    lol if you Pokemon doesnt like you yet it will be mad...if it does like you it will be happy...

Weird thing is with my Pokerus before Bugsy is I was doing that Irex Forest event and my Pokemon said "Nipping at something and got something in its mouth looks sick" or something like that before Nurse Joy told me the good news...(and Elm did...after I caught a Geodude to keep Pokerus forever in PC) so IDK if they are connected or not...

It might be connected! I know that for mine, it isn't connected because my Scyther already caught the Pokerus virus. Have any other of your pokemon made strange commentary like that since or was that a one time thing that happened specifically in Ilex?

*flies to Ilex to check it out*

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    It happened to my Sandshrew in Irex that one time...after that its just normal stuff...

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    My most WTF moment as of now is the fact that t took me only 5 tries to catch Lugia (Lvl 45)
    I mean like, I was low on balls (no pun intended) and I had 8 Ultras, 1 Master, 1 friend, 1 poke, 3 fast, 1 (or 3) lure and 3 heavy balls.
    The first 4 times I killed it by accident, even though I threw a few ultras and a poke for the fun of it when frozen on red health.
    The 5th time, My Feraligator Ice fanged 3 times, and without being frozen, I just threw a heavy ball for the lols, only to catch it. The first ball I threw caught it. And the best thing is that it was sports day and I was sitting with my friends at the stadium, showing (bragging) them the newly caught Lugia. My friend who had beaten Red was in shock as it took him 25 (30?) Ultraballs and a pokeball to catch it. He commented that I didn't have enough balls and I was hopeless. Ah... good times...

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    My most WTF moment as of now is the fact that t took me only 5 tries to catch Lugia (Lvl 45)
    I mean like, I was low on balls (no pun intended) and I had 8 Ultras, 1 Master, 1 friend, 1 poke, 3 fast, 1 (or 3) lure and 3 heavy balls.
    The first 4 times I killed it by accident, even though I threw a few ultras and a poke for the fun of it when frozen on red health.
    The 5th time, My Feraligator Ice fanged 3 times, and without being frozen, I just threw a heavy ball for the lols, only to catch it. The first ball I threw caught it. And the best thing is that it was sports day and I was sitting with my friends at the stadium, showing (bragging) them the newly caught Lugia. My friend who had beaten Red was in shock as it took him 25 (30?) Ultraballs and a pokeball to catch it. He commented that I didn't have enough balls and I was hopeless. Ah... good times...
    I caught Ho-oh in HeartGold with two Ultra Balls and Lugia with 6 Ultra Balls. Beat that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back