• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Another WTF moment would be going to get my Togepi from Day-Care. The lady said I need an extra space so I walked to Blackthorn. >_>

wtf was i doing?

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
    I recall trying to train my newly hatched pichu

I went into the grass with pichu (after putting all my other pokemon in the pc)
    and I get in a battle and to my shock it was

A lvl 40 Raikou

and it was vs

a lvl 1 pichu

I tell you now, that was not fun sniff.... LOL

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    My lv2 Zubat Vampyr was completely useless, but i still raised him for some odd reason& once i got to Morty i knew why:

Golbat lv22 named Vampyr + Bite + Soothe Bell = all 4 of Mortys pokemon KOed and only took 1hit from his final Haunter lol

i was like O.o" you sure your MY Vampyr? lol

Franzo

Developing something...
    Years
    A slowbro in battle hall killed my Gallade (psychic type) with the move psychic...:/ how shamful

raitoningu

I Fail at Life and Forums...
    Years
    when i realized all the trainers in the Viridian House were people i knew... I was like" OMFG IT STALKS ME!" i didnt take my DS to school for a week...-_-

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    For me, it took 1 quick ball to catch Groudon, 3 ultra balls to catch Mewtwo and 30+ dusk balls to cath a Natu...

i literally collapsed laughin when i read this XD
    thats too awesomely wacko lmao

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Lol, I was stuck for hours when I tried to reach the top of the lighthouse...

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    For me, it took 1 quick ball to catch Groudon, 3 ultra balls to catch Mewtwo and 30+ dusk balls to cath a Natu...

OMG ...i remember catching ditto......my pokes were about 20 level higher than it so i was extra causious...man it took about 10 ultra balls ,15 great balls and 15 dusk balls...and it took out my 4 pokes cuz all i was doing was throwing balls...
    And guess what ...i caught ho-oh with 2 dusk balls ....

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    While we're on Poké Balls, Ho-oh was particularly evil. I weakened with Thunder Fang followed by a False Swipe, I put it to sleep constantly, and I threw 30 Dusk and 50 Ultra Balls. I did this 5 times without managing to catch it once...

On the sixth try, Thunder Fang crits, takes it to a sliver of health, and paralyzes it. Feeling like this would be a lucky one, I started with weaker balls, and it ended up being caught after only two Poké Balls. With a Jolly nature, too~ Such a weird, bittersweet moment. x_x

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I traded my PokeRuss'd Trapinch over from Platinum into SoulSlver, and the next day-today-everybody in my team is cured. WTH? It lasted two days in Platinum!! D:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Lol, I was stuck for hours when I tried to reach the top of the lighthouse...

This happened to me for a while too, but then I talked to my pokemon and it said something like: "_______ is staring intently at the window." If it wasn't for that, I would have probably been stuck there for just as long. >_<

I've said a lot of things about how you can't fly back and forth between the two regions, but this is just ridiculous. If you go right from New Bark town just a tiny bit, all of a sudden you can't fly back to it, even though it's right there. >_<

What is the purpose of this??

Years
    There I was, Route 39, where the Miltank reside. I was in a heated battle with a Pokefan's level 18 Pikachu. I had my Corsola with the name, Misty, defeat Pikachu with a single Rock Blast. After I won, he asked me for my phone number. He mentioned wanting to talk about Pikachu and Tentacool. I didn't want him to call me, so I refused to give him my digits. Out of nowhere, he makes an assumption about me, "I guess you dont like Pokemon, then." 0.0 WTF? If I didn't like Pokemon, I wouldn't be playing the game...nor would I be a member of a few Pokemon sites...Seriously. What the feathers?

What did I do, you ask? I exchanged numbers with him. Sigh....(Why did I do this?)

trid

Pokemon God
    Years
    both a 'WTF' and a fail moment
    I went to fight Pryce in the Winter Gym, and was just getting destroyed
    i was really annoyed cause i wasted so much money on pots so many times, so i checked on serebii to check if my game was glitched or something and they were all the right levels
    ... turns out i'd skipped Gym 5 and 6 :/

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I traded my PokeRuss'd Trapinch over from Platinum into SoulSlver, and the next day-today-everybody in my team is cured. WTH? It lasted two days in Platinum!! D:

Nah, the 'Rus lasts 24 hours in ALL games. Bad luck. :(

Today's WTF:

Well, it was yesterday, actually. I rematched Falkner for the first time and encountered his U-Turn Staraptor.

What a pain in the ass that thing is.

When it did it twice, I was annoyed. Then three times. WTH? Then four times. WTF?!

This Staraptor's AI... it's set on U-Turn!

Syrp/Pnoob

Buy one, get one free
    Years
    I ran into Entei one day, and I was so psyched. Entei's my favorite of the three Legendary Beasts, and it was the first one I saw on SS. So, I go to its Pokedex page, to see where it is, and it's not there. "Okay, that's right, they moved it to the map." So, I go to the map, and I see Entei's icon. And Raikou's. Wait a minute, Raikou? I had never encountered Raikou before.

They made it so that you DON'T have to encounter them first. I was so ecstatic that I saw Entei, and I didn't even NEED TO.

-PN

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back