• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    I just recently had a major 'WTF' moment;

I was trying to get Mewtwo and had about 70 Ultra Balls and (unfortunately) only 10 Dusk Balls, but I had to keep resetting the game because I'd run out of pokeballs or Mewtwo would kill itself using struggle (or something like that-when your run out of PP for all your moves) but anywho, I was on my 3rd or 4th try and I accidentally hit Net Ball instead of Ultra Ball and viola, caught it...One freakin' Net Ball after about 300+ tries with Ultra Ball and Dsuk Ball...
    The luckiest thing that happened to me since I started playing Pokémon was against Mewtwo. I got through Cerulean Cave to Mewtwo... then I realised the idiot who wants to catch legendaries in Poké Balls (me) had 30 Poké Balls. This isn't really WTF but I caught the stupid thing RIGHT when I needed to go to a concert in real life. XD

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    ...Even with the Expert Belt, Bruno's 62 Hitmontop survives with 1 HP from an Aerial Ace from my lv. 80 Heracross.

Okay, what's this deal? How the heck does it survive a supereffective attack enhanced by Expert Belt from a higher level Pokemon? I swear, this occurs more in HGSS than in DPPt. Is this game rigged to have everything survive with 1 HP? I'll never understand this game mechanic.

Expert Belt only powers up Fighting TYPE moves....Not Pokemon that have that Type...

Hitmontop prob has 31 IVs in Def and 252 Def EVs xD Did it use Endure by any chance?

Anyways IDK if I said this but it took me 28 Pokeballs to catch a Heracross that turned out to be Adamant...Guts...and had like 3s in all IVs <.<

Years
    one of the trainers in kanto had a lvl 65 magikarp, which is quite odd. the stranger thing is that it isnt a fisherman, and that his other pokemon are a lvl 29 nidoking and a lvl 29 slowking

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I just KO'd Claire's Spiritomb with a Lv. 13 Murkrow. All that it ever does is Curse and Pain Split. Seriously. It's freaking suicidal.

Clair doesn't ever have a Spiritomb...Ever...

I think your thinking of Cythia...and Platinum...

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    Expert Belt only powers up Fighting TYPE moves....Not Pokemon that have that Type...

Hitmontop prob has 31 IVs in Def and 252 Def EVs xD Did it use Endure by any chance?

Anyways IDK if I said this but it took me 28 Pokeballs to catch a Heracross that turned out to be Adamant...Guts...and had like 3s in all IVs <.<

I believe you mistook it for Black Belt, which boosts fighting type moves. o.o

No... It just survived, afterwards it used Counter. ._.;;;;

This one happened long time ago, the very first Pikachu I encountered. I become deadset on catching it. So I paralyzed it and used a Level Ball. It came out! O_O So I keep throwing more Level Balls at it until I finally caught it. When I withdraw him from my PC Box, I discover it held a Light Ball! ...A Pikachu that resisted capture several times turns out to hold a Light Ball. What are the chances of that?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    This is more of a Pokéwalker WTF...

I was wearing it at school today and for Games I put it inside the waistband of my short (so it can't be seen or damaged) so the buttons were against my side.

Afterwards, I put it back on my trousers and walk home, happy at all the Watts I'll be collecting.

I get home, check my Watts... 2W?!?! How? WHAT?

I look on the menu and apparently, due to it being against my side, the buttons have pressed in such a way that I managed to catch a Horsea and collect a Dragon Scale and two Fresh Waters.

... with 300+W (what I usually get in a day) I caught ONE Pokémon and found a few items. >.<

I will never wear the buttons on the inside again.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2010

I was wearing it at school today and for Games I put it inside the waistband of my short (so it can't be seen or damaged) so the buttons were against my side.

Afterwards, I put it back on my trousers and walk home, happy at all the Watts I'll be collecting.

I look on the menu and apparently, due to it being against my side, the buttons have pressed in such a way that I managed to catch a Horsea and collect a Dragon Scale and two Fresh Waters.

... with 300+W (what I usually get in a day) I caught ONE Pokémon and found a few items. >.<

Ugh that happens to me all the time D: And I swear I put it in my pocket right, and it just flips on its own o_O

WTF Moment: Catching a female Mr. Mime x.x Which coincidentally was the day after my boyfriend and I were ranting about Pokemon that should only be one gender xD

Another for Diamond was I was almost through victory road, haven't saved at all, stupid me, and I went to raise my volume but when for the power instead ;_;

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Woah I just checked my Pokemons IVs...

Quilava was 1/3/9/31/24/6
    Pidgeotto was 27/17/14/31/6/10

DARN I got a 31 IV (SPATK) and its other IVs BLOW and my Pidgeotto is Adamant with 31 in SPATK and isn't helpful at all... <.<

EDIT:

Rattata has 11/14/5/13/15/31
    Beedrill has 27/6/31/8/0/5
    Red Gyarados has 31/20/28/31/14/2
    Electrode has 3/25/8/31/5/24
    Another Electrode has 31/0/19/20/15/26
    Yet Another Electrode has 31/7/2/10/19/12

DUDES IM THE CHOSEN ONE!!! (These are all without resets and all just random from catching)

Last edited:

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    just as I was going to go buy a shiny stone from the pokeathlon dome, this guy, I think it was fisherman..... kent? kenny? ken? Idk, but it started with K.
    well, anyway, he called my pokegear, and said THIS:

"Hi this is (whatever his name was)...... Hello Emily! I tried catching a wild tentacool today and failed... I told it to my son and felt horrible about it until he showed me his pokeballs. Hey, you call your mom sometimes too!"

O_o

WTF!?!?!?!??!?
    Haha that actually gave me a good laugh. Maybe he was just trying to cheer him up.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I was facing Red, thinking I was about to knock out one of his pokemon, when all of a sudden he uses full restore. WTF? FULL RESTORE! Since when can he use those?

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    I was on a completely confident going into the Saffron Gym with 12 Badges on my belt, a team of five Lv49's and one Lv61 Dragonite, thinking i'd have an easy win.

Within the next 30 seconds, my entire team got OHKO'ed by Epseon, including my Dragonite (she scored a crit).

Goblinaro

[Insert creative title here]
    Years
    I was in the battle arcade, and not looking at the board, I accidentally chose switch pokemon with opponent. My team had Typhlosion, Raikou, and Dragonite. Their team, which I ended up using, had umbreon, aerodactyl, and honchkrow. I thought I was screwed once umbreon went down, and aerodactyl was down to red health. My opponent still had Raikou left, so if aerodactyl went down, honchkrow was screwed. Somehow, Aerodactyl landed a critical hit with Rock Slide against Dragonite, flinched Typhlosion, then beat Typhlosion with Rock Slide, flinched Raikou with Rock Slide, then landed a critical hit with Rock Slide to win the battle. It was the most amazing close call I ever had, other than an embarrassing incident on Crystal. Right after that battle, I get pwned by some random trainer.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years

I am adding to this with a recent revelation of just how much this was a WTF.

I was reading the little journal thing that you get when you return from the Pokéwalker... you know those two Fresh Waters?

Turns out they replaced two Big Pearls that I accidentally found during that same period. -.-

That's just... adding insult to injury.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I just hatched a Cyndaquil egg...

IVs are 1/6/31/31/29/31

IDK if I should faint or to be pissed off at the 1 IV in Health and the Hardy nature...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i was fightin cynthia on my platinum solo-run with porygon-Z
    and i killed spiritomb YAY!.... oh f***! lucario owns my porygon-Z leavin it with 7 health, if my fiancee didnt message me right there i wouldve lost shes my good luck charm <3

basically i killed lucario YAY! WTF!? now we got a mirror coat usin milotic -_-"
    i tricked it into usin surf, and blosted it with thunderbolt *heart attack as its life drops to 0*
    yay!
    and then i basically own her entire team with ice beam lol

lv86 porygon-Z which i thought was a useless pokemon O_O

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    (MORE!) WTF Pokedex Entries in Soul Silver:

- Cubone: It always wears the skull of its mother, so no one has any idea what its hidden face looks like.

- Girafarig: Its tail, which also contains a small brain, may bite on its own if it notices an alluring smell.

- Golbat: It can drink more than 10 ounces of blood at once. If it has too much, it gets heavy and flies clumsily.

- Haunter: Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking convulsively until death eventually comes.

- Marowak: It collects bones from an unknown place. Some whisper that a Marowak graveyard exists somewhere in the world.

- Misdreavus: It loves to bite and yank people's hair from behind without warning, just to see their shocked reactions.

- Psyduck: If its chronic headache peaks, it may exhibit odd powers. It seems unable to recall such an episode.

- Skarmory: After nesting in bramble bushes, the wings of its chicks grow hard from scratches by thorns.

- Slowpoke: A sweet sap leaks from its tail's tip. Although not nutritious, the tail is pleasant to chew on.

---

E for Everyone? Really?

And they can't even explain how an egg just magically appears when you stick two breedable Pokemon into the Daycare?

Good grief.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i was tradin with sumone over wi fi, and i heard a radio station play a good song i was like O_O sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet *head bangs* lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back