• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Few WTF moments:

1. Just now, like seriously just now, I'm battling Red for the third time and I clicked "A". Just realized that I sent my Charizard out in front and I switch to my level 22 Onix HM slave. Pikachu uses Volt Tackle, okay, doesn't hit. Hail damage (YAY!). Pikachu used Quick Attack! It's not very effective...ONIX AT LEVEL 22 SURVIVES IT. He uses rock smash and loses the defense, but I had in the past given it a shell bell and so it gains one HP. Hail lets it live by ONE HP. A LEVEL 22 ONIX SURVIVES A ROUND WITH A LEVEL 88 PIKACHU. I was so happy. xD

2. First time battling Red, I had just my Ampharos left against his Charizard. Sadly, his charizard was faster than me. Does Flair Blitz, by the way his RP is in the red, and kills my Ampharos and kills himself. IT'S A BLOODY TIE. WTF??!!

3. When Mewtwo takes three ultraballs and ten dusk balls, when Ho-oh takes ten ultraballs and 12 duskballs, when Moltres takes twenty ultraballs and twenty duskballs, when Zapdos takes SIXTY ULTRABALLS. WTF???!!!

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
    hunting for fillers around the day care center - Rattata, Abra and Drowzee through a quick ball caught 1st time everytime. Ditto however appears weaker than all of them and it never works, never even wobbles always just breaks lose WTF?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Okay, five seconds ago, I was trying to capture Entei and Raikou. So, I go to this route and lucky me both pokemon are in the same place at once. So, I run around in the grass with my level 33 Golbat (just learned Mean Look) with a Max Repel on. Raikou appears and it's paralyzed 'cause I paralyzed it like a hundred years ago when it randomly showed up while surfing and my Flaffy was like level 22...anyways, so I use Mean Look and Raikou can't flee right? So I use bite, did nothing, to weaken it a bit and guess what move it does??? IT DOES BLOODY ROAR!!!!

WTF?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;~;

Edit: Alright, five seconds later again after that last Raikou battle. So, I see that Raikou is near where I'm at and that's a place where a running pokemon doesn't leave because of that building in between the city and road, ANYWAYS, I go there and it ends up that Raikou was on top of the water and I forgot to bring a surfing pokemon. WTF? So, I go back and grab my Gyarados for a surfing pokemon. Then I go back, he's still there folks, and I surf. I check if I'm there, and apparently I past him and I just moved a couple of squares. So I go back, surf back and forth and there he is. The roaring bastard. So, I use Mean Look, he can't flee. Then he uses quick attack and I'm like WTF? I use bite to weaken him, he uses quick attack again and gets a Critical but somehow my Golbat doesn't die. Yes, it's the same level 33 one as before. Anyways, I use bite.Then he uses reflect and bite does next to nothing know. Keep on using bite, he's paralyzed and flinches a couple of times and then he's in the yellow zone, near red and I'm like, okay bite does next to nothing and the reflect hasn't worn off yet so he should still live. You people know what happened right?

CRITICAL HIT! AAAAARGH!!!! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!

I killed Raikou. ;~; I saved a little bit before going to capture Entei and Raikou so, I'm still good.

I hate Raikou. I'm going to try one more time. If he makes me mad once again, I'm just masterballing him. x_x

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I had just breed a couple of pokemon and put my ditto back into my party. then put the others back ect. got out my regular pokemon but left ditto in my party "still head pokemon" went to the fighting gym "aka flew there" and went in. I snuck my way up to the top to turn off the water fall. got down to bottem and started the battle. my ditto was lvl 20 against lvl 30 somthing fighters... first turn transform. he hits for 1/4 of my health.... second turn using his own move focus punch my lvl 20 ditto one hits him... next pokemon... first move focus punch.... one hit... i kill his last pokemon... eyes got wide O.O' WTF...

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    my newest wtf moment was earlier today, wanted to see if a could get a shiny farfetch'd for the fun of it and ended only taking 7 eggs to get a shiny farfetch'd, thanks to the medusa method and no cheating at all.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    This happened to my fiance. It was when we first got our HGSS and one of the first routes he went on the Pokewalker obviously didn't have anything he wanted but he kept searching. Well, he came across a Bellsprout and accidentally caught it and then he came across another one and accidentally caught it. When he was syncing up his Pokewalker to the game, he noticed they looked a little funny but didn't pay any attention.
    Later, when he was going through his box, he was looking at all the stats and those two Bellsprouts were actually shiny! O.o
    I was like WTF?
    Wow so that proves my question if you can get Shiny Pokemon from the Pokewalker...
    When I was in the SS.Aqua with my Moltres I turned around to talk to it and it said that it was happy to see the water out side the window...when it's a Fire type!

den899pop

Jolteon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    my wtf momment was when i was battleing a wild pokemon with my lvl 100 jolteon. It survived the attack with 1 hp and it killed my lvl 100 jolteon
    (next turn jolteon missed)

Years
    My WTF moment came when using the GTS. I needed a Dugtrio and I had 5 Dittos laying around doing nothing. Well I traded a lvl 10 ditto for a lvl 52 Dugtrio from Japan. I'm still shocked.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    Once, I was battling lance, and I had his last pokemon confused (and low on health) but it still made the pokemon I had out faint. Well, the only pokemon I had left in my party was the Togepi that I got earlier in the game and of course had forgotten to train. Well, I sent it out and...his pokemon hurt itself from confusion and fainted. Strangely enough this same thing happened in Diamond except with a Riolu instaed of a Togepi.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    My WTF moment happened rather recently when I just happened to get three Pokemon with speed increasing natures that also happened to have 31 IVs in speed... all within a few days of each other (and on 3 different games).

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    My WTF moment was just a huge failure or failures actually. So basically, I like to stick with a set team throughout my whole "journey". Nothing special, I see a pokemon I like, I catch it. Today I decided to check their IVs and EVs out of curiosity. I wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary. First I was a tad surprised by Raikou, who had a 2 IV for special attack, but then I saw Dragonite has a 0 IV for both attack and defense. Then Slowking, had a 31 for speed and had 255 EVs in speed, while its defense was 7 and its special defense was 5.

WTF

氏 マイケル

Pika Pika!
    Years
    I've had 2 WTF moments. One of them (I'm guessing) was just luck..

1. Catching Ho-oh with 1 Ultra Ball

2. My Togepi evolving right after beating Champion Lance, of the Elite Four.

Arios

Gee
    Years
    AHHH! I was trying to capture Lugia and I was down to my last HM mule sentret lvl 5. I know I was gonna restart but for the heck of it, I threw one more Ultra Ball. And what do ya know, caught it! Paralysis ftw! ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    1. On my third try with catching Lugia, I caught it with my second Pokeball.
    2. I ran into my first shiny, but of course, it was one that could use whirlwind (Pidgeot).

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    got a new game, too excited and got to the 1st badge w/out saving then.. poof..

out of batteries.. wtf

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back