• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
Years
  • I was so happy that i was able to migrate that i saved in Vermilion and did the migrate thing. what i didn't know was that it went to pal park, i freaked cause my pokemon were practically floating around in space and i couldn't get them til i got to pal park, i got them, but i almost pwned a wall cause i thought i lost my legendary birds, my venesaur and my Graveler.

Ryuk99

Seeker of Knowledge
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    When I just started HG I was trying to level up my level 1 togepi and used metronome for fun and judgement came out. O_O (Pwned that mareep I was fighting)

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • my level 45 clefable had just finished buffing up to the point where Will's Gardevoir's Psychic did 23 points of Damage exactly. I had 144 hp.
    i was gonna start whittling down his HP with shadow Ball, when BOOM.
    He uses Psychic and gets a critical hit which does approximately 7.5x the normal amount of damage.
    takes me from full heatlh after a full restore down to 0.

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
  • My biggest WTF moment?

OHKO'ing all of Red's Pokemon in HG with a level 60 Swampert, except Lapras, who went down in 2 hits.

shamin32

The Wanna be Champion
    Years
  • Heres Mine:

I was stuck in the Ruins of alf with no REPELS. Then i run into another Unown And said " not another Unown" but little did i know it was shiny. And caught it. My first shiny.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Heres Mine:

I was stuck in the Ruins of alf with no REPELS. Then i run into another Unown And said " not another Unown" but little did i know it was shiny. And caught it. My first shiny.
    u expected to run into something other than Unknown in The Ruins of Alph?

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
    Years
  • NEW WTF Moment: Today, I got TWO event jirachis, and having one earlier from march makes that three. All of them have Draco Meteor. I guess it can't really be "wtf" since I have three games. XD

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • Easily the most WTF moment so far was Scyther in Bugsy's gym. I figured, right. I've levelled up all my guys to 20, I've got cyndaquil, this is a bug type gym - epic slaughter. Oh no.

Bugsy sends out Scyther. Quick attack. I get critical hit after critical hit. Cyndaquil is down before i can even use ember, Spearow goes down without much of a fight either as do the rest of my team. I spent a good hour or two grinding up before I had a decent stab at it.

Ironically Whitney's Miltank, which I thought would defecate all over me like it did last time i played Gold, was an easy win with Wooper.

Same here. Another reason I hated the physical/special split. I had a Pidgeotto, only decent move was Gust. Did a decent amount of damage, but then the Sitrus Berry was activated. Scyther used Focus Energy. Another Gust, did less damage this time. Scyther used Leer. Another Gust. Healed. Quick Attack. Another Gust again. (At that point, I was repeatedly tapping the area where Gust was.) I could have healed, but I thought "Who needs to heal when you're battling Bugsy?" Well, I needed to. Another Quick Attack and Pidgeotto was down. (Focus Energy+Leer+Technician+Increased Priority Move=OW) I beat everything else with Quilava, but after that I still thought that the physical/special split was stupid. And I didn't care for Pidgeotto anymore.

Then, for the next week or so, I amused myself by drawing pictures of Bugsy getting burned by Fire Flowers. (Inside joke, don't feel like explaining it)

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I'm surfing on the route between New Bark town and Kanto. No repels, so Tentacool are popping up left right and centre.

"I swear to god if another one of those things appears..."

A shiny tentacool appeared.

O.O

=D

Caught it, and it happily resides in my box of collectables :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Beat the Ellite Four with My highest level being 38 and the rest 32...First round, i went in to see how hard they would be, and got to Lance and i started sazzing out...K'Od all but 2 of Lances Pokemons D;

Xynic

Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Biggest WTF Moment for me when I was battling Lance for the second time in the Elite Four so his Pokemon were around the 70's and I destroyed his whole team with a level 45 Weavile with an Icicle Plate and with Ice Punch. I Ice Punched all of his Pokemons because most of his Pokemons are 4x weak to Ice.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • You know how the levels are significantly lower than in Platinum? well, my team was still underleveled all the way to the E4. HTF

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    well when I was catching Ho-Oh on Sould Silver,I see that I have 30 ultra balls and I say to myself "I'm prepared" and then I charged into battle.
    well I sent out my Feralgatr and lowered Ho-Oh's HP to one. He started using all his attack's and He ran out of all of them and he struggled and killed himself.
    and I was like "What the..."
    thats my only moment.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I talked to Arceus (he was walking behind me) it had a little smiley face and it said "ARCEUS is nipping at your feet!" XD that cracked me up.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Okay so I save my HeartGold game on my DS after playing it for the night (at like 11.30) had it in my car and drove to school. got into the library and switched it on.

WTF: I switched it on and as soon as i clicked on Ho-oh, i get the blue screen of death, "Your save file will be deleted due to corruption or damage."

I involuntarily swore out loud, landing myself in detention after school. No cheats, no codes, i did nothing wrong and lost 450+ caught pokedex, poke virus, several shinies, several lvl100's and my black trainer card. seriously, WTF!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I'm seriously beginning to debate whether or not to restart my SS. I haven't done anything super phenomenal, only beaten E4 twice no lv. 100s, no shinies only beaten red once, haven't even caught the lake of rage gyarados. I can trade my event Jirachi to platinum and my winners Path to a friend, so I won't lose those. I sturggled through the beggining of the game probably more than I should have. I completely messed up my starter and ended up teaching it two HMs. I don't have any battle tower records. I would like to restart and hopefully end up better than I am now. I'm posting this here because I'm not sure where to put it and I know alot of people post here. Does anyone have any objections?
    If a mod wants to move it go ahead, just tell me where you moved it to, thanks.

I'm seriously beginning to debate whether or not to restart my SS. I haven't done anything super phenomenal, only beaten E4 twice no lv. 100s, no shinies only beaten red once, haven't even caught the lake of rage gyarados. I can trade my event Jirachi to platinum and my winners Path to a friend, so I won't lose those. I sturggled through the beggining of the game probably more than I should have. I completely messed up my starter and ended up teaching it two HMs. I don't have any battle tower records. I would like to restart and hopefully end up better than I am now. I'm posting this here because I'm not sure where to put it and I know alot of people post here. Does anyone have any objections?
    If a mod wants to move it go ahead, just tell me where you moved it to, thanks.

woah, how'd that ^^ happen

Last edited:

quilkien

Lazy Bones
    Years
  • I was EV training my swinub on the first route after New Bark Town, I was thinking to myself "I've EV trained 5 pokemon already... I wonder if I'll run into a shiny or get pokerus soon?" and all of a sudden a shiny pidgey appears. WTF. Second wild encounter shiny on this game. O_O Reminds me of that story of the guy who found a shiny pidgey and his girlfriend broke his DS. XD

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • Lol. I lent my DS to my GF so she can play soul silver.I used an R4i which had the save backup feature so she can play her save and I can play mine. She overwrote my save file. My save file was finished with all ingame events and only needed 2 more pokemon to complete the pokedex.n.n

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
  • Seeing a Raikou in the Battle Hall. Wtf.

Seeing a Ho-Oh in the Battle Hall. Wtf.

This isn't really a WTF moment, but I remember as a child, those gyms with the arrows on the floors used to bug the $#%& out of me as a kid. (i.e., Liza & Tate's gym in Hoenn). I could never do those as a child. The Sootopolis gym also bothered me to the point of smashing the game. And now that HGSS roll along, I can do 'em in seconds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back