• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "WTF" Moment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • When I was in a tag battle in my Soulsilver, I accidentally touched the screen so that my Bellsprout used Sleep Powder on his teammate, my Quilava.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • just happened today,
    level 43 kingdra (mine) against lances level 50 dragonite
    my team gone
    no revives left
    no potions
    and my kingdra is in the yellow
    dragonite is at full health
    he just became confused after outrage
    he is paralyzed from my ampharous
    kingdra uses dragon pulse
    critical hit + sniper = dragonite must DIE!
    no
    he lives in the red
    i still have hope
    dragonite used outrage!
    NOOOOOOOO!
    i just turned the game off.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    Lol I used a level 48 sneasle and caught mewtwo because all he knows that can hurt me is psyco cut and it doesn't effect me. :D

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Press X+Y+Down at the Title Screen, the screen with Lugia/Ho-Oh Swimming/Flying...
    You'll see...

(Note, for all you paranoid players, this will not erase you're data, the Combo to Prompt for Data Deletion is Select+B+Up)
    omg, this is really cute! <3

I can't believe that this wasn't mentioned in the instructions. How'd you find this?

Johto Contender

In my heart, and in my soul...
    Years
  • Mine was a WTF moment that made me sell my game, I just bought it back two days ago. Anyway, I beat the League on Day 3, transferred all my events and stuff from Platinum. Beat the Pokeathlon, and had the shiny leaves, which means I had a 3 star card. I try to connect to Pokewalker and it failed, so I said screw it, and went to continue. My game blue screened, and crashed. I almost cried, only 6 days, and I lost everything I had :(

Now I'm stuck playing on a whole new one, only 5 badges :(

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
  • I suppose a recent WTF moment was when I battled the Elite 4. I was on the Dragon guy, all my Pokemon were on the average level of 50, except for my two 'backup' Pokemon Lucario and Garchomp who were lvl 70-80. All my Pokemon had fainted, except for my Electabuzz and I had to take on his whole team. I thought I was out, until Electabuzz's Thunderbolt killed them all! For the Dragonites it was generally the case of red baring them, they used Full Restore etc.

I've since decided Electabuzz deserves a promotion and will be looking for an Electrive.

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
  • Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL The "WTF" Moment Thread
    Press X+Y+Down at the Title Screen, the screen with Lugia/Ho-Oh Swimming/Flying...
    You'll see...

(Note, for all you paranoid players, this will not erase you're data, the Combo to Prompt for Data Deletion is Select+B+Up)

xD... That is a nice one... I found that out like a month ago when I was desperately trying to delete my data =/... (Darn nintendo)... For me it doesnt even play anything I say to it... How does it wokr? O.o

My most recent WTF moment has to be one where I'm just looking around the Ruins of Alph that I had missed, and suddenly, (While looking through Bulbapedia) I hear the sounds of a shiny sparkles... I look at my screen and see a shiny Unown B! I was like O_O*

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    When I battled Archer for the first time. I was thinking, "OHMYGOSH THIS BATTLE IS GONNA BE SUPER EPIC AND HARD!!!!!!"

and then I was like, "wtf!?!?!?" when he sent out a Lv35 Houndour. And I'm thinking, "wow, seriously guys?" I can't believe how weak GameFreak made the Rocket Executives.

Pikachu3828

Webmaster of The Pika Club
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    When, while training some low level Pokémon for the dex entry, I came across Raikou for the first time. Being unable to do anything else, I just threw a Quick Ball at it with no expectations. Caught it on the first try.

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • Press X+Y+Down at the Title Screen, the screen with Lugia/Ho-Oh Swimming/Flying...
    You'll see...

Hahaha I just wasted a minute on that. It's cute. xD

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • omg, this is really cute! <3

I can't believe that this wasn't mentioned in the instructions. How'd you find this?

Easter Egg Hunting.
    I do it in all sorts of games, I look for glitches, easter eggs, and other oddities that were either put in by the developers, or unintentionally placed there.

In any case, I think the MIC test is there so that during development the developers could test HG/SS's reactivness to the MIC.

It's the same thing as when your pokemon is asleep in a battle if you snap your fingers and saw "Wake Up" into the microphone the pokemon USUALLY wakes up in one turn.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    When I battled Archer for the first time. I was thinking, "OHMYGOSH THIS BATTLE IS GONNA BE SUPER EPIC AND HARD!!!!!!"

and then I was like, "wtf!?!?!?" when he sent out a Lv35 Houndour. And I'm thinking, "wow, seriously guys?" I can't believe how weak GameFreak made the Rocket Executives.

omg, qft. I can't believe that they were so weak. I was pumped and really excited for the hardest battle up to that point. Weak battles is a huge factor that makes me not play as much Pokemon as I used to.

Easter Egg Hunting.
    I do it in all sorts of games, I look for glitches, easter eggs, and other oddities that were either put in by the developers, or unintentionally placed there.

In any case, I think the MIC test is there so that during development the developers could test HG/SS's reactivness to the MIC.

It's the same thing as when your pokemon is asleep in a battle if you snap your fingers and saw "Wake Up" into the microphone the pokemon USUALLY wakes up in one turn.
    I never knew about this one either...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I never knew about this one either...

Kekekeke, try it.
    A good way to tell if you're being loud enough is using the MIC test.
    Snap into the Mic, make sure it notices the snap.
    Then say Wake Up, make sure it can tell you are making noise... Orange should be fine, Red level noise is sometimes too loud to recognize.

LegendaryJirachi

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Goldenrod Running Tweaking Glitch

Well, I was about to walk into the Goldenrod Gym except I performed a running tweaking glitch when I forgot to stock up on Super Potion. When I went to the Department Store, the lady in front of it was no longer there; however her shadow was still there. It was odd, but this is how to perform the glitch.

_ _ _ _ _
    /            \
    |  G Y M   |
    |    | |     |
             1 2
             3 4

Run in this order: 312434. That should do the trick. It was odd. Wonder if this glitch has been discovered?

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Well, I was about to walk into the Goldenrod Gym except I performed a running tweaking glitch when I forgot to stock up on Super Potion. When I went to the Department Store, the lady in front of it was no longer there; however her shadow was still there. It was odd, but this is how to perform the glitch.

_ _ _ _ _
    / \
    | G Y M |
    | | | |
    1 2
    3 4

Run in this order: 312434. That should do the trick. It was odd. Wonder if this glitch has been discovered?
    I tried this 3 times. Doesnt work. Can u say it a bit clearer? i'm not great with this stuff

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I tried this 3 times. Doesnt work. Can u say it a bit clearer? i'm not great with this stuff

Find a load line intersection and wiggle around on it while riding the bike or running.

You'll end up either freezing the game, walking into the "Mystery Zone" Area, or you'll end up walking into a glitchy area that might make some wierd stuff happen.

Youtube is your friend for this one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Find a load line intersection and wiggle around on it while riding the bike or running.

You'll end up either freezing the game, walking into the "Mystery Zone" Area, or you'll end up walking into a glitchy area that might make some wierd stuff happen.

Youtube is your friend for this one.
    I'm gonna sound dumb (again)but whats a load line intersection?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back