• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The WTF Moment Thread

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    This popular thread is being remade so you can talk about any parts of the games that made you go WTF in HGSS and DPPt. Post away!

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
    I posted this in the previous thread, but I'll post it again since it's a lucky find.
    In Soul Silver:
    Ok, so I was walking through Viridian Forest looking for a Pikachu to catch. I came across one that was Male, I caught it with one ultra ball and I checked it's nature, and I found out that it was holding a Light Ball! There's a 5% chance of a wild Pikachu to hold one, I thought I was very lucky since it was the FIRST Pikachu I came across!

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    The WTF moment for me is spending ages finding the forum because I was looking for the HG/SS forum :)

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen yesterday
    My WTF moment is when I battled red for the second time I was on my last pokemon I attacked his venusaur and he had only 1 hp left and I lost

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    My WTF moment was when i was battling Chuck. He made me go to sleep. I woke up, and used psychic, which missed, and he used hypnosis again, and i went to sleep. I woke up and used Psychic which missed again. This happened like 10 times. Damn it, that was my WTF moment.

Toa77

A Creative Writer
    Years
    Hm...it would have to be when I knocked out a shiny Geodude by accident on Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2011
    Lance is a dirty cheater

Why is it that nintendo makes it clear that it's wrong to hack pokemon, when Lance clearly has three hacked dragonites, one being level 50 and the others being level 49. At one point his dragonite was at level 40. Dragonair doesnt even evolve until level 55.

I guess I can forgive him though because he's a total badass. I mean, he told his dragonite to use hyperbeam on a person. A PERSON.

Also he has pink hair, which just makes him cooler.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    It's just so that they won't be at too high of a level for your team to handle. Also, underleveled Pokémon can be found all the time in Pokémon games (Just look at Johto's Safari Zone). In FRLG it's even possible to get a legitimate level 3 Electrode via an in-game trade.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Aerodactyl couldn't learn Rock Slide back in the GSC days either, iirc, so that's another you can add to the list. =p That and it isn't the only instance (Falkner and his Pidgeotto, although note you can catch them in the wild below their usual evolution level too iirc?)

However I don't see much else to discuss here so I'll merge with the WTF moment thread we have as that seems to fit in well there.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Here basically, are my WTF thoughts that occured in my own head as they happened... hence everything being in first person.

1. Wait... it costs HOW much for a Gorgeous Royal Ribbon at the Ribbon Syndicate?!
    2. Wait... where the heck is Leaf in SS?
    3. OMG I caught a shiny Mewoth! Oh wait... its nature is crap... guess I can't use this one on my team...
    4. Really, Chuck? You couldn't land a single hit on any of my Pokemon?
    5. Okay, Mom, you didn't call me half as much back in G/S/C. Why so annoying this time around?
    6. Wait, so you never battle Charon? Well, that sucks...

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    1. B2B shiny (Scyther and Piplup)
    2. Battle Tower after 49 consecutive wins... You never know what kind of stupid hax someone is going to pull out. (I've had some OHKO moves work against me consecutively, and random 4/5-in-a-row critical hits hit me when I go really well... (even with scope lens that's exceptionally rare in normal cases...). Another one: Quick Claw/BrightPowder + OHKO working = Hax)

Prime-

Monotype Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Main moment is when after so long my mother continued calling me whilst sneaking through a Rocket Base in hiding, along with that damn Joey kid. But yeah: ''I found a useful item for you!'' Oh boy an evolutionary sto- -You obtained 5 Occa Berries- D:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    After this happened i neraly thorugh my ds at my cat
    A wild golbat was in red health and killed my heracross so i send out ledian for an easy kill but..
    Golbat - Bite
    Ledian flinched repeat for 8 turns untill ledian faints
    ARRRRRGHHHH
    PS dont actually have a cat, just needed a metaphor,Note: I do not condone throwing things at cats

Last edited:

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    When I tried chaining for AGES on Platinum then tried again a few months later with a Pokemon with Static at the front of my party and nabbed me four shiny Shinx! (From there I could get my secret ID and RNG!)

Years
    WTF moment of the day: my brother and i were playing our pokemon games together and he randomly ran into an entei in the middle of the forest! level 48 and everything. it was incredible but he cheats a lot (aka has the action replay) so he has 999 master balls to use...jerk lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    my WTF moment...encountered a Tentacruel (i think) that kept changing sprites ( between tentacruel and oddish). I caught it of course....but the effect didnt last

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    my WTF moment...encountered a Tentacruel (i think) that kept changing sprites ( between tentacruel and oddish). I caught it of course....but the effect didnt last

lol, thats some glitch ^^.

Mine was when I fought my rival (AKA silver) in Mt. Moon, and had all my crappy pokemon i was training for no real reason. I only had Noctowl that was above lvl 50 from my original ingame team, and that too only to fly, but in the end he killed all of silver's pokes ^^. And learned roost in the process!

AngelxAntagonist

Heavy Metal FTW \m/
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    That moment when you've got a nice long chain going (for once) and then a Bidoof comes in and wrecks it. That is ALWAYS a wtf moment. I don't even like Bidoof.
    And when I had Pokemon with ID numbers ending in everything except 2 and 5, and every single time I got a lottery ticket, it ended in - you guessed it - a 2 or a 5.
    Yesterday, I was battling Palmer and almost won, if my Mesprit had attacked first, I would have. WTF.
    When I was playing Gold and caught a shiny Geodude, and the next day, I saw another shiny Geodude in Pearl. By the way, shiny Graveler looks like a dookie. What the...ah, never mind.
    And that stupid save function where if you don't delete your old save file beforehand, you can't save a new one. This especially sucks when you catch a shiny Steelix and then can't even keep it. WTF!!! >.<

Back