• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The WYSIWYG editor is messing up the forums...

Years
    Read the title.
    whenever I've truned this thing on, some forums and threads are displayed in a strange way.
    The font is bigger and the links often have a different color than the standard one.

I also took a screenshot (see attachment)

Anybody know what the problem is?
    I visit other vBulletin forums and the WYSIWYG editor is working fine there.
    I'm using Firefox btw.

Guest123_x1

I wouldn't even bother using the WYSIWYG editor in the first place. It's slow, chunky, and error prone. On my dial-up connection, it takes forever just for it to complete loading. Just use the Standard Editor, then, before submitting your post, click Preivew to see the results before it actually becomes avaliable to the public.

ottermi619,
    BTW, what is that WYSIWYG editor composed of? (seems to me it uses Java or some other slow web programming scheme)

Years
    I can't give you any advice how to fix it, but it does the same thing for me if I turn it on. Maybe it's a firefox thing ^^;

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Just don't use it is the easiest way... I wonder if we could make one easily in Visual Basic or something, distribute it and then you could type your posts into that, hit "copy" and it would copy your message + vB code to the clipboard for you to post in here...

I'm totally gonna try that. I bet I could.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I agree, I rarely use it anymore. :x
    I hope you succeed, JA, if you do I'll definitely, definitely use it XD

EDIT: I think I know what you've done. It's happened to me.
    1. Did you just recently get FireFox? I've noticed FF displays links a weird colour for me, too. I'm used to it.
    2. View > Text Size > Normal.
    Hope I helped :x

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    PPNSteve said:
    Yeah it is java based.. and not exactly top of the line.. especially for slow connetions.. it's offered as a choice none the less as some people like it.
    JAVA BASED?! Did it come with vBulletin? Could you replace it with a Javascript based one like TinyMCE?

Years
    Kylie-chan said:
    I agree, I rarely use it anymore. :x
    I hope you succeed, JA, if you do I'll definitely, definitely use it XD

EDIT: I think I know what you've done. It's happened to me.
    1. Did you just recently get FireFox? I've noticed FF displays links a weird colour for me, too. I'm used to it.
    2. View > Text Size > Normal.
    Hope I helped :x
    Thanks for trying to help me, but no, it didn't work.
    It's indeed a Firefox problem, since it seems to work on Opera.
    The editor works at other vBulletin forums I'm a member of, so it must be a problem of PC.
    There must be something with the styles.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    There's nothing you can do then, it seems. Turn it off. o_O; Or use a different theme. I swapped to Pok?special Adventures or whatever it's called and all works fine. :x

Years
    Digital Phoenix said:
    The WYSIWYG editor has never worked in Opera for me. o_O
    Err, just realised that it'snot working for me either.
    That's why everything looked normal...

Huh, it seems to work on IE -.-

Well, I just thought I should tell you, as this seems to be a PC problem.
    You already know about it now, so I guess someone should close this.

And please, please edit the thread title.
    "Meesing up the forums"? What the hell got into me?
    I hate it when I make typoes like that...

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    Is this the same problem I'm having? The pages look like this when I'm on PC.. *attachments*

No buttons show up, no avatars, most images don't show, some attachments.. not even rep shows up. o.O

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I fixed the error in the title.

Random Plushie, you may be experiencing this. (If it's not the right URL, as it looks like one that may change as new things are added to the FAQ, though that's not likely in the immediate future, then it's the one labeled "Some images are broken?" Though, if you aren't running the Norton security programme, we'll certainly look into that as it seems to be a different situation from that of the threadmaker.

Back to the topic at hand. You don't have to, but if you could, would you find a page that inverts the text as shown in your screenshot and then, using the style switcher at the bottom of each page, just cycle through the styles and see if they all have the same problems or if only a few of them have the problem. If it only happens with certain styles, it should be much easier to isolate the problem. If not, well, we'll likely just have to compare to the default vBulletin theme to see if that yields any results.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    No problem, glad to be of service. ^_^;

-pika2000-, I tried to mimic your settings judging from the screenshot as best I could, but to no avail. Nor did I find a page that did that whilst having WYSIWYG enabled. I do know what you're talking about, though. It used to happen to me. So anyway, if you do happen to run into that again, would you mind just taking a moment to cycle the skins like I said? It might prove useful. Thanks. ^_^;

Back