• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
Who says we're getting a third game or a sequel? What if they jump right to a remake and then onto Generation 7? Or something completely new that hasn't been done before.. we just don't know. You saw the way they took the turn with Black 2 & White 2 last year, anything is possible after these games..

How many times i have to say this: there will be a third game or a sequel
1. MORE GAMES MEANS MORE MONEY
2. Gamefreak has to think of the STORY LINE to fit with the legendary. You think the story line is we get a starter and go beat 8 gym, battle the villian team, encounter legendary, beat elite 4 , win the game and finish the post-games..., just that simple????, they have to think about EVERYTHING, it's very hard. So they CAN'T use it just for two games that have almost THE SAME STORY LINE, and then it will be wasted ===>>> they will USE that story line for the third game or develop it for the sequel.
3. After they finish the third game, they will start making gen 3 remakes, and maybe some other game like POKEPARKS 3, POKEMON DUNGEON, POKEMON RANGER to take some times for them to make the gen 7 ==>> in a very long future
4. A Black White sequels MUST BE ABOUT ZEKROM, RESHIRAM. If Zekrom and Reshiram get a new form, they will be the version mascot of Black White 2, NOT Kyurem. The whole game is about Zekrom or Reshiram fused with Kyurem, to be BLACK Kyurem and WHITE Kyurem. So basiclly, the timeline is a sequel, but the story line and the mascot is ALL ABOUT Kyurem. So it's ACTUALLY IS POKEMON GREY VERSION, but Kyurem has two forms, so they CAN'T call it POKEMON GREY 1 and POKEMON GREY 2.
Plus, Zekrom is black, Reshiram is white, like a taoism, there is NO GREY. So we could expect that to happen....

KhW3DVf.jpg

Hey, did any body notices Mega Blaziken head has a shape like letter X, and Mega Lucario has the body like letter Y ????

And i'm just thinking, WHY WOULD BLAZIKEN BE MEGA???????? WHAT IF BLAZIKEN IS TEAM FLARE'S POKEMON!!!! Team Flare will make Blaziken be Mega and use it!! And maybe someone (maybe our rival) will use Mega Lucario to fight Mega Blaziken!! X vs Y !!!

Plus, there are rumor that Mega is just for Japan, in US will be "Awakened"
Like Mega Mewtwo (Japan) ==>>> Awakened Mewtwo (US)
At least it's much better than Mega!!!!

But there is more, I just found out that : in Japan, Digimon don't have Mega, when it comes to US that they think of Mega ===>>> pokemon is not copy digimon

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years

But you can't flat out declare that there will be a third game without any evidence or fulled by the fact that it will generate money, if that were the case we would have got Ruby & Sapphire Remakes last year. I'm just thinking realistically here with all the twists and turns Game Freak have took over the past few years, I'm not saying there won't be one I'm just saying that something unexpected is likely to happen.

Years
But you can't flat out declare that there will be a third game without any evidence or fulled by the fact that it will generate money, if that were the case we would have got Ruby & Sapphire Remakes last year. I'm just thinking realistically here with all the twists and turns Game Freak have took over the past few years, I'm not saying there won't be one I'm just saying that something unexpected is likely to happen.

So you think gamefreak just sit there, think, then make a new game, and after they release the game, they continue to sit there and think about a new game???

NO. When they were making pokemon black and white, they started planning about pokemon black white 2 already. So when they released pokemon black white, they were half way making pokemon black white 2. While they are making black white 2, they were already planning Pokemon X Y, so they knew that X Y would go in 3D and many other stuffs, so they had to wait after pokemon X Y, then they will make gen 3 remake for better effects. And MAYBE when they are making pokemon X Y, they start planning about the third/sequel game. And when they release pokemon XY, they will began making the third/sequel game........

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
So you think gamefreak just sit there, think, then make a new game, and after they release the game, they continue to sit there and think about a new game???

NO. When they were making pokemon black and white, they started planning about pokemon black white 2 already. So when they released pokemon black white, they were half way making pokemon black white 2. While they are making black white 2, they were already planning Pokemon X Y, so they knew that X Y would go in 3D and many othet stuffs, so they had to wait after pokemon X Y. And MAYBE when they are making pokemon X Y, they start planning about the third/sequel game. And when they release pokemon XY, they will began making the third/sequel game........

What I'm saying is, rather than making the third game they could go straight onto Remakes or Ruby and Sapphire Sequels, it's been done before where Remakes have come before the third game. Besides, X and Y may not even need a third game to tie anything up. It's happened with every generation so far ofc but doesn't mean it's going to happen to every individual generation. Generation III had a third game and remakes, Generation IV had a third game and remakes, Generation V had a sequel and no remake. There's no conclusive evidence that there will be a third game or a sequel, it's just the assumption considering it's been that way for the past four/five generations.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019

NO. When they were making pokemon black and white, they started planning about pokemon black white 2 already. So when they released pokemon black white, they were half way making pokemon black white 2. While they are making black white 2, they were already planning Pokemon X Y, so they knew that X Y would go in 3D and many othet stuffs, so they had to wait after pokemon X Y. And MAYBE when they are making pokemon X Y, they start planning about the third/sequel game. And when they release pokemon XY, they will began making the third/sequel game........

lol, no one is saying that they are not planning a third game or something of the sort for later down the road. Everyone can make an educated guess that they will indeed release a third game, or remake, or sequels, whatever, but without any sort of CONFIRMATION from GAMEFREAK or NINTENDO, then you absolutely, 100%, cannot be SURE that a third game will get released. Do you see what we're saying?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

NO. When they were making pokemon black and white, they started planning about pokemon black white 2 already. So when they released pokemon black white, they were half way making pokemon black white 2. While they are making black white 2, they were already planning Pokemon X Y, so they knew that X Y would go in 3D and many other stuffs, so they had to wait after pokemon X Y, then they will make gen 3 remake for better effects. And MAYBE when they are making pokemon X Y, they start planning about the third/sequel game. And when they release pokemon XY, they will began making the third/sequel game........

Actually, they said that B2W2 wasn't even started until Black and White were complete. They made B2W2 because there was so much more they wanted to add and couldn't. X and Y started as soon as Black and White finished as well, but not for a short while after.

Even they have to take breaks. X and Y started soon after the completion of Black and White, but that still took a while between completion and actual work being done.

You have to brain storm before trying to throw an idea together into a game. So yes there is a period where they don't do anything for a short while. There still is no proof that they will move onto a third game. Moving to Gen 7 will make them just as much money if not more than a third game to Gen 6 same with remakes. The fact that we didn't get remakes Gen 5 is a testament to that.

With all of the traditions being broken as gen 6 reveals more info, no one can say with 100% certainty that there will be a third set of games or sequels. Gamefreak has even said there is no pattern to how they design their games. They finish one then move to the other as soon as the old one is done with. Teams may be formed for the lesser games such as thirds, remakes, and sequels while bulk of the main team remains on the bigger projects, the headliner games.

I find it weird that none of the rumor sources saw Mega Evolution coming...

And now you make me wonder why this was never leaked. Why did the leakers choose to ignore this specific news? This is way bigger than Fairy Type.

blue

gucci
Years
And now you make me wonder why this was never leaked. Why did the leakers choose to ignore this specific news? This is way bigger than Fairy Type.

Maybe they wanted to see how everyone would react to something that is as major as this and having no rumors on it whatsoever, or maybe they had nobody had an insight on it at all.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Or maybe if they had leaked this info, absolutely no one would have believed them! Haha!

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Maybe they wanted to see how everyone would react to something that is as major as this and having no rumors on it whatsoever, or maybe they had nobody had an insight on it at all.

I think that if there is a reason (apart from the rumors just being fake or really good guesses lol) then it is just that, they didn't have inside information on these. Perhaps were just told they were evolutions or that they were formes, but nothing as specific as 'mega-evolutions'. I mean, I did see some rumors mentioning Mawile and some other non-evolved Pokemon getting evolutions, it just never was mentioned that they were these new types of evolutions.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I find it weird that none of the rumor sources saw Mega Evolution coming...

We only had one big rumor, and that was the inside info. He didn't have all the info just a lot. He got stopped by nintendo though so he may have known about them but decided to keep it a secret.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Are the CoroCoro photographs all that's in the issue? If so, we can discredit the "new Eeveelution, sushi, and potato chip Pokemon" "leaker."

I also find it interesting that no leaker mentioned these Mega Pokemon. It's a MAJOR thing. Game Freak COULDN'T have just come up with it recently. If the leaker really was "in the know," they'd have to have known that, and it is probably just as big as Fairy-type. It seems silly to NOT leak it. So I'm still doubtful on them...

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
1. MORE GAMES MEANS MORE MONEY

Lol your quite hostile for someone who joined only a week ago and only has 23 posts, you should show more respect to those who have been here longer than you it's just good manners.

And you can't say for a fact that their will be a third game or a sequel , the only thing you can say is that their will be a game/s after.

And also for those who talk as if game freak is only about the money are kinda foolish. Game Freak will not make another game just for the sake of another game, that would be stupid , that's how franchise die . Game Freak knows that for them to make money the game has to have a combination of good story and fun game mechanics.
Read the history of the company, they started as a game magazine run by friends . They wanted to make a game they were passionate about, they had no expectations of world fame or getting rich. If they were all about the money they would of stop working on the games when their wasn't enough money to pay people.

So your more games more money motivation theory is mute

Years
That just my thought, Just get over it

HERE IS NY OPINION:
1. Fennekin use Glow Punch, WHAT IF it is NOT a FIST?? Fennekin can spit out a fire ball-like fist, that can hit. So Fennekin MIGHT not be Fighting.
2. Mega Ampharos is Dragon type!! I think that is a great idea. Because Ampharos japanese name is Denryu, RYU IS DRAGON

Here is clearer picture
corocoro-2-new-pokemon.jpg

corocoro-2-new-pokemon-2.jpg

corocoro-2-new-pokemon-3.jpg

corocoro-2-new-pokemon-6.jpg

corocoro-2-new-pokemon-5.jpg

corocoro-2-new-pokemon-7.jpg

corocoro-2-new-pokemon-4.jpg

Not all Pokemon have Mega Evolutions.
In order to Mega Evolve the eligible Pokemon needs to be holding the Mega Stone.
As predicted the Mega Pokemon appear in battles only.
Mega Evolutions have increased stats, with CoroCoro citing two examples: Mega Lucario has higher Attack and Mega Absol has higher Attack and Speed. Mega Mewtwo obviously has higher Speed as we saw in the Genesect film.
The Blazikenite item cannot be found through normal gameplay.
The Super Training area allows you to increase your Pokemon's "Kiso Points." These are probably what we fans have termed EVs all these years going by what our source said about the facility increasing EVs.
A new area called the Master Tower is related to Mega Evolutions.
The next CoroCoro will feature the new type chart reflecting the Fairy-type, new Pokemon, and new Mega Evolutions.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Seeing them more clearly, Lucario, Mawile and Blaziken are my Mega trinity... they're flawless.

Years
This MEGA FORM will have some way related to the DNA Theme of pokemon X Y
I don't think Pokemon X Y is based on Norse Mythology ANYMORE. I think it's just a about the DNA

LADY AND GENTLE MEN. Mega Blaziken has the head and the body like letter X and Mega Lucario has the fur on body like letter Y......

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Ok knowing that the Mega Stone is what make Pokemon Mega-evolve makes me more okay with these cause that means it's an optional thing. If you don't like the Mega forms/evolutions, you can choose to not make the Pokemon hold the Mega Stone and stay with it's normal form. It's not really that big of a deal since it's optional and easily skipped over. Looking at the clearer images, Lucario's is looking a bit better to me.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
And OMG, Ampharos just like AMAZING. I love that NOW he got the "hair" or"fur". Cause, i think how strange when a "hairy" sheep MAREEP, lose it "hair" when it evolves, and FINALLY become a "hairless" sheep. Now MEGA AMPHAROS is back to be a "hairy" sheep. And i love how his "hair" are like CLOUDS that shoot ELECTRIC. Plus, NOW IT IS DRAGON TYPE!!!!!!!!!

This is explained in his Pokédex. He loses his cotton fleece because of strong static electricity in his body.

I don't like the new Ampharos, though. It's just Ampharos with some hair on it. The other Mega forms look much more convincing.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Ok knowing that the Mega Stone is what make Pokemon Mega-evolve makes me more okay with these cause that means it's an optional thing. If you don't like the Mega forms/evolutions, you can choose to not make the Pokemon hold the Mega Stone and stay with it's normal form. It's not really that big of a deal since it's optional and easily skipped over. Looking at the clearer images, Lucario's is looking a bit better to me.

Why would you choose that? All of them look pretty boss except Mawile who looks weird and Ampharos who barely changes. And they're stronger.

Back