• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Is this snail fella real, you think? It's got 260 notes on Tumblr. Lines look kinda like they were drawn in MS Paint, but if I recall correctly when you zoom in on the new 3D Pokemon they're lines sharpen. Not certain and I don't want to watch anymore game footage :P

Doubt it since it's not on Serebii. But it doesn't really look like a fakemon (or something a Pokemon designer would make, really, but you never know...)

tumblr_mtv2bs8wnV1qgzod4o1_400.png

OOPS, this is indeed a Fakemon! Disregard!

I'm glad that this Pokémon isn't real. If it was real, then I wouldn't have liked it at all. It's good to have some simplicity, but the design of this Pokémon is just way too much simple. It's extremely similar to real-life snails as well. It's got nothing special that distinct itself from them. Maybe it would have looked a little more believable if it had a more dynamic color scheme, but... I don't know. D:

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I'm glad that this Pokémon isn't real. If it was real, then I wouldn't have liked it at all. It's good to have some simplicity, but the design of this Pokémon is just way too much simple. It's extremely similar to real-life snails as well. It's got nothing special that distinct itself from them. Maybe it would have looked a little more believable if it had a more dynamic color scheme, but... I don't know. D:

Well maybe it's an edible Pokémon, considering Kalos was based on France. ^^ ^^
That explains why it doesn't look special. Lol

Years
If there were to be another Eeveelution, what type would you like it to be?
~I'd hope for a Steel or a Dragon type Eeveelution.

How do you think Eevee evolves into Sylveon?
~Trade holding some sort of item. XY are emphasising connectivity.
With only two weeks left until the release of X and Y I don't see another Eeveelution popping up, unless they reveal it soon in some major trailer they've been saving for just before the release. I really wanted a dragon eeveelution to add with Sylveon, maybe next generation =(

I originally thought Sylveon would evolve similar to Milotic, maximizing it's beauty, and to do that would require feeding it specific treats on Pokemon Amie, but since Pokemon Amie only trains a Pokemon's Friendliness, Hunger and Play I don't think it'll be that.

Here's a thought : When Espeon and Umbreon were released, the new mechanic of evolving through happiness was implemented, and to promote this they used this method on Espeon and Umbreon. Same thing with the location evolution in Generation IV (as scarce as it is). We've been told there will be a new method of evolution via Pancham > Pangoro, so maybe this will also be the method of evolving Sylveon? The rumours were that Pancham evolves early 30's while a dark type is in your party. Maybe to evolve Eevee, you need to level up while a Fairy Type Pokemon is in your party?

The only other way I can think of would be to utilize the 3DS like Inkay > Malamar, but I can't seem to figure how it would make Eevee a Sylveon...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think the Pangoro method but with a fairy could be it... as sometimes humans and other beings gain powers when being around magical folk...and like wise with a naughty kid hanging out with 'Evil' people...(the Dark type in Japan is called Evil type). If so I hope the perfume, cotton candy, or fairy on a flower are encountered before we receive or catch Eevee (I'm guessing given like in Gen 1 but maybe they'll be more common in these games...)

Years
I'm sure we will, a lot of the japanese trailers are clips we've already seen + a few new shots. And I've seen a clip on a lot of the trailers of the trainer using an Eevee to catch a low level Pikachu. ( I think it's Lv8 or 4...) Normally I wouldn't think much on it but because they've shown it so many times, maybe they're (which they tend to do a lot of) hinting us something? Anyway my money's on getting Eevee early, I hope so!

Is it just me, or does it seem like this game is going to be really easy? Not only do we get Kalos starters, Kanto starters AND torchic, we also have access to Mega Evolutions. If we included the reliable leaker's rumours, we also get our rival's starter. I dunno, plus Eevee, which is pretty much a given, we're getting a lot of free ****...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If there were to be another Eeveelution, what type would you like it to be?
~I'd hope for a Steel or a Dragon type Eeveelution.

How do you think Eevee evolves into Sylveon?
~Trade holding some sort of item. XY are emphasising connectivity.

A dragon Eeveelution would be all right, but if the Kalos region were to have a second evolution of Eevee, then I'd rather want it to be steel. Its body style would look metallic and extremely sharp, like Skarmory. I'd like it to have long claws, if possible, and it'd be great if it had small, wide eyes like Metagross.

As for the second question, I could easily see Eevee evolving into Sylveon with the help from Shiny Stone—the same exact stone that we use to evolve Togetic into Togekiss and Roselia into Roserade, who, according to rumors, are both going to be fairy-types in Pokémon X and Y just like Sylveon.

Years
As for the second question, I could easily see Eevee evolving into Sylveon with the help from Shiny Stone—the same exact stone that we use to evolve Togetic into Togekiss and Roselia into Roserade, who, according to rumors, are both going to be fairy-types in Pokémon X and Y just like Sylveon.

That's what I originally thought, but since the stone evolution method has already been used with Eevee in 1st Gen with Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon I can't see them using it again, especially since the Shiny Stone was introduced in 4th Gen. It's still a possibility, but I think they'll probably go for a new method of evolution.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
A dragon Eeveelution would be all right, but if the Kalos region were to have a second evolution of Eevee, then I'd rather want it to be steel. Its body style would look metallic and extremely sharp, like Skarmory. I'd like it to have long claws, if possible, and it'd be great if it had small, wide eyes like Metagross.

Sorry, I don't think so buddy.That will create more loophole and inconsistency to the franchise like how Piloswine and Lickitung did. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Moreover there is an evolution pattern on Eevee, it showcased different evolution methods throughout the generations.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Evolutionary Stones in Gen I, evolution by happiness as well as time based in Gen II, location based evolution in Gen IV. It other words Evolutionary Stones will not be the method to evolve Sylveon, well at least it could be a new evolution item. But I'm leaning towards the PokéAmie method like The Mighty Ampharos Guy stated earlier.

Years
It's rumor time !!!

final-froakie-evolution-rumor.jpg

hawklucha1.png

hawklucha2.png

The pictures above purport to be from a review copy of Pokémon X. As you can see, they claim that this is the final evolution of Froakie, Greninja, and a new Flying/Fighting-type Pokémon called Hawlucha.

The poster also mentioned that XP is also much easier to earn and that entire parties will get some from battles with the use of EXP Share, a key item found early in the game. He also mentioned that XY only introduce around 70 new Pokémon.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
now before you cry its fake, notice how extrasensory has 20pp when in the previous gen it has 30pp? why would a faker change that? even if you can argue he just arbitrarily reduce the pp of one move to increase its viability as a "leak" thats no reason to.

Years
now before you cry its fake, notice how extrasensory has 20pp when in the previous gen it has 30pp? why would a faker change that? even if you can argue he just arbitrarily reduce the pp of one move to increase its viability as a "leak" thats no reason to.
Wahh you prove a good point. I'd say this is definitly fake, but I guess that's a bit bias due to the fact that I full heartily hope it's fake. That's such a bad name, and that tongue, *shudder*. It does fit the Water/Fighting though. And I'm almost certain that they'll be more than 70 Pokemon introduced, we've already seen 40, leaving only 30 for the game is plain idiotic to be bluntly honest.

Those images look a little too real, but I still call fake on this one.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Wahh you prove a good point. I'd say this is definitly fake, but I guess that's a bit bias due to the fact that I full heartily hope it's fake. That's such a bad name, and that tongue, *shudder*. It does fit the Water/Fighting though. And I'm almost certain that they'll be more than 70 Pokemon introduced, we've already seen 40, leaving only 30 for the game is plain idiotic to be bluntly honest.

Those images look a little too real, but I still call fake on this one.

That was a tongue?!I thought of it as a scarf.What is seen cannot be unseen.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014

It wouldn't be arbitrary if he was a fake leaker though, it was reveal in a recent interview with Masuda that some moves will be revamped and that special moves would be prioritized in those changes. Its entirely possible for a fake leaker to use that information and change the moves in some way to make his leak more believable. I'm not stating these are fake though, I'm still analyzing the pictures.

Still If this was Froakie's final evo, I would be more than ok with it. A tongue for a scarf thats just too awesome for words.

Also can I make an honest suggestion to all posters in this thread, could we keep the leaks in a spoiler tab from now on(at least the pictures)? I don't have a problem with being spoiled (I will be spoiled anyway) but I know a lot people that do.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
It wouldn't be arbitrary if he was a fake leaker though, it was reveal in a recent interview with Masuda that some moves will be revamped and that special moves would be prioritized in those changes. Its entirely possible for a fake leaker to use that information and change the moves in some way to make his leak more believable. I'm not stating these are fake though, I'm still analyzing the pictures.

Still If this was Froakie's final evo, I would be more than ok with it. A tongue for a scarf thats just too awesome for words.

Also can I make an honest suggestion to all posters in this thread, could we keep the leaks in a spoiler tab from now on(at least the pictures)? I don't have a problem with being spoiled (I will be spoiled anyway) but I know a lot people that do.

well i did hear that before but usually the first thing that comes to mind would be "popular" moves with poor accuracy like gunk shot
anyway those mon design look fakemon-ish. but people say the same thing about samurott back when the 4th gen evo were first leaked so i reserve my judgement

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
i kinda hope these are real, or at least hawlucha think its pretty awesome. i think i would have liked greninja a lot more if they had kept the bubble scarf instead of the tongue it but i'm going to get chespin anyway so w/e.

Back