• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Year in Film: 2012

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • Oh I plan to see Chronicle, it looks awesome! It's really shaping up to be an awesome year in movies. I can't wait to see Young Adult, it's the next on my list.

Years
  • The ones I'm looking forward to so far are:

Snow White and The Huntsman
    The Dark Knight Rises
    The Avengers
    Brave
    The Hunger Games
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    Prometheus
    Butter
    On the Road

Years
  • Everybody needs to watch the super bowl - evidently a lot of big time movie trailers are going to debut over the course of the game, Avengers in particular.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing The Great Gatsby. I didn't like the book at all (grade eleven English class forever ruined it for me), but I think the film might be interesting. At the very least, the casting certainly is. Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby and Tobey Maguire as Nick. Huh.

@Mr Cat Dog: It's going to be in 3D? Why? XD;

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • Oh I plan to see Chronicle, it looks awesome! It's really shaping up to be an awesome year in movies. I can't wait to see Young Adult, it's the next on my list.

Spot-on, can't wait to see Chronicle as well. The cam-style, superpower mix is interesting. Young Adult! Have been meaning to catch that too.

I read the first book of the Hunger Games trilogy, so can't wait for the film adaptation as well. +1 for Jennifer Lawrence, my Mystique. <3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing The Great Gatsby. I didn't like the book at all (grade eleven English class forever ruined it for me), but I think the film might be interesting. At the very least, the casting certainly is. Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby and Tobey Maguire as Nick. Huh.

@Mr Cat Dog: It's going to be in 3D? Why? XD;
    Because Luhrmann is crazy? That's all I can think of...

Barrels

The Fresh Prince of Kanto
    Years
  • The Amazing Spider-Man, for sure. (Although I'm not convinced that Andrew Garfield's geeky enough to play Parker. He'll be probably prove me wrong by being great though.) Mainly because Brian Michael Bendis is/was involved, and anything he touches turns to gold; kind of like the Midas story, without the drawbacks.

(Mind you, I'm that special kind of rabid fan who'd like nothing better than to see a straight adaptation of the Ultimate comics onscreen. So your mileage will almost definitely vary.)

Despite having not seen any of the previous Batman movies (I wanted to, but events conspired), I'm determined to see The Dark Knight Rises. Haven't been to a movie where the popcorn starts popping out of exposure to sheer awesome in a while... I'm looking forward to it.

Also, The Hobbit because Martin Freeman is insanely good in Sherlock and I feel obliged to watch whatever he's in, and The Avengers just because. That's my lot. :D

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • I saw the Woman in Black and liked it, so that's a good start so far. Next up for me will probably be the Hunger Games. I've heard good things so far.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    YES!! I can hang around this thread all year long! haha

For one, the Daytona 500 is coming and as a diehard NASCAR fan, I think we all should watch that ;)

But of course, everyone always use the 'left turn' excuse as boredom. Oh well, aint any different than running back and forth with a football.

For those who are wondering if they should try out Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, DO IT!! Worth your time!

The movies I am looking forward to are (Have a LOOONG list but will only list the ones releasing in 2012):

The Lucky One- (I actually am interested in Nicholas Sparks' movie, his Dear John/The Last Song actually got me into tears when I watched them)

The Avengers- Might as well check it out, since I LOOOVE Action movies :)

G.I. Joe Retaliation- Hopefully it'll be A LOT better than G.I. Rise of Cobra.

The Amazing Spider-man- New actor, a re-boot, definitely looking forward to this one.

The Dark Night Rises- Need I to explain?

Step Up 4- Loved the first three Step Up movies, hopefully this will be just as good!

The Bourne Legacy- I'm going to give this a try, though it may not be as great without Matt Damon......... :(

There are still a few that I want to watch that's been released however..so I better get caught up on Redbox or something xD

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    A few films have gained my intrest this year.
    Dark Knight Rises is top of the list. I am a HUGE Bat-nerd. Should be an amazing end to the Nolan films, there's a lot for the newer cast to live up to after Ledger and Eckheart's amazing performances of Joker and Dent in the last one.

Prometheus is next in line. The first two films were fantastic sadly the franchise has been going down hill ever since climaxing with the horrific Aliens vs. Predator 2. I almost got into a rant there and just had to delete my last sentence before I set off on one about that film..... but anyway hopefully by getting the old director back and going to the roots of the franchise, even giving the Xenomorphs a bit of a well deserved break, this will be back on track after two decades of disaster.

The Hobbit and Spiderman are two which I shall most likely see but I'm not too bothered. I enjoyed Lord of the Rings but was never that into them, none the less I expect I'll be seeing this as I've read the book a few times. As for Spiderman, I love the villian. Lizard is my favourate Spiderman villian. Naturally I'm eager to see him on the big screen, however I do not want to sit through another origin story whatching Parker get bitten and trying to come to terms with his powers is something I've seen before and don't want taking up half of the film.

HoopyFrood

Designated Robo-Hipster
    Years
  • Not seeing alot of mentions of the Avengers... I'm gonna release a bold statement.

On the real, The Avengers is going to be the best movie in the history of film. For multiple reasons.

-Robert Downey Mother EFFIN' Jr. Sexy actor who punched his drug problem in the FACE and became a legit contender for the Chuck Norris Award.
    -SAMUEL L. JACKSON. Movie legend, Token Black guy with an eye patch.
    -So many explosions, of various colours and sizes.
    -CAPTAIN MURICAH, A legit American Super Hero saving the World, because thats how the Great US of A DOES IT.
    -Scarlett Johansson, period.
    -A huge budget movie containing the most badass Heroes of all time simply cannot be bad, its physics.

Thats how it goes Bromigo's.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • I went on a trailer watching spree, and omg:

A. Prometheus looks better than Avatar
    B. The Avengers is going to be way sexy.

Back