• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Young Jedi Knights RP: Jedi Academy

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    The Young Jedi Knights was a series written by Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta quite a few years back. It was a multi-book collection of adventures of the Solo children and their friends at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy on Yavin Four. I thoroughly enjoyed the series. If they are still in print I would reccommend them highly.

Anyway, this role play will be based on the idea of this Jedi Academy. You, if you so choose to join, will be a first year student there. There really is no big distinction between what year a person is. Progress is measured individually. by Master Skywalker and his team of teachers. You may be any age, any skill level, but please...no ultra powerful, I-can-do-everything characters. We want to keep this interesting!

Yavin four is a jungle-covered moon. The academy is located in the old stone temple that was once used as a base for the Rebels (a.k.a movie IV). There is jungle surrounding it, as well as some pretty strange, and sometimes vicious, creatures! A lake on the east side is a very well-liked swimming destination for many of the students. The temple is of a pyramid style. The Grand Audience Chamber (as seen in the end of "A New Hope," when Luke and Han are awarded for their bravery and defeat of the Death Star) where everyone gathers for meals and morning and evening meetings is located on the uppermost floor. Students rooms are located on the bottom two floors as well as the basement floors, of which there are five. The basement floors are very creepy, but cool in the jungle weather! Rooms are either doubles of singles, whichever you prefer. The doubles have two beds with drawers beneath them, two closets, and two writing desks. Singles have one of each item, of course. The floors between student housing and the grand audience chamber are classrooms and storage rooms, etc.

The students' day will consist of breakfast followed by morning meeting. Classes will ensue shortly thereafter. A list will be coming soon. There is lunch served at any time of the day after breakfast, and dinner is followed by an evening meeting.

Classes are as follows:
    History: covers basic universe history, but is an in-depth study of the Jedi in the past and present. Taught by Tionne. Assisted by Jaina Solo.
    Meditation: works on control of the mind, as well as getting deeply in touch with the person and the Force. Taught by Master Skywalker. Assisted by Jacen Solo
    Fitness: body strengthening exercises, including endurance. Taught by Tenel Ka. Assisted by Lowbacca the Wookie
    Weapons training: traditional lightsaber and open hand combat training. Sutdents will use practice sabers. Taught by Tenel Ka and Master Skywalker. Assisted by Jacen and Jaina Solo, and Lowbacca

Classes do not have levels, because the exercises done in the classes will benefit all levels. Special exceptions may be made...

Once students have reached a certain level (not sure how/when that will be determined...by me or yourselves...we'll see!) they will be granted permission to build and use their own lightsabers. They will work one on one with a member of the staff to accomplish this goal, or may work alone if desired.

The Jedi Academy Staff

Luke Skywalker: You all know him well. The Jedi Master, who has become quite the calm and patient teacher. He is the founder and Master of the school.
    Jaina Solo: the daughter of Han Solo. She has completed her training under Master Skywalker, and is now twenty years of age. She is very skilled in mechanics and engineering. She has her father's eyes, and her mother's thick hair, though it is much shorter, and she refuses to twist and tangle it in the strange but beautiful styles her mother is recognized for.
    Jacen Solo: Jaina's twin. Jacen also completed his training under Master Skywalker, and assists at the Academy with his sister. He is very skilled in working with creatures of every kind. Jacen looks like his father a lot, especially his hair.
    Lowbacca the Wookie: a relation to Chewbacca, this Wookie attended the Academy with Jacen, Jaina, and Tenel Ka. He assists at the Academy. He is golden furred, and very strong.
    Tenel Ka: A witch of Dathomir, Tenel Ka is a very muscular, athletic girl who went to school with Jacen, Jaina and Lowbacca. She has bright, orange hair that is almost always tied back, and a tough, cold exterior. She is very loyal to her friends however, and a good teacher.
    Tionne: a former student of Master Skywalker, she has little strength in the Force, but knows much about the Jedi history. She is very musical, and sings well. She plays a strange, stringed instrument. She has long, silvery hair, and a kind face. She is a very patient teacher.
    Em Teede and R2D2: these two droids will make appearances as we the RPers see fit. You should all be familliar with R2D2. Em Teedee is a droid built by Chewbacca, but programmed by C3PO, so he is VERY talkative...

No students are allowed in the jungle after dark! Students must get special permission to journey further than the boundaries set by the Academy.

Rules:

No student, despite level and ability, may journey anywhere out of sight of the Academy. That means, if you can't see the Temple, you've gone too far!
    Students must spend the night in their own rooms. No girls sleeping in boys rooms and vice versa.

Creatures you may want to consider...

Stintarils: tree dwelling rodents with protruding eyes and long jaws with sharp teeth. Very quick and takes a bite out of anything still enough for it to snag.
    Crabs may be found in the lake.
    Salamanders: formles, pink blobs in the water, but as soon as they are on land, their outer membrane hardens, and it becomes salamander-shaped.
    Pirhana Beetles: beetles that swarm a corpse of unlucky creature, and devour it to bones in a few minutes.
    Jumping Spiders.
    (This creature has no name that I am aware of) A six-legged, starcraft-sized creature with a large, triangular head and twelve tentacles instead of eyes. Sharp, curved tusks protrude from its mouth.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE PLAYING GAME IS INTENDED FOR THOSE WHO MAKE LONG, WELL-THOUGHT OUT POSTS. THERE WILL NOT BE ANY ONE OR TWO LINE POSTS UNLESS IT IS AN OOC DIRECTED TOWARDS SOMEONE. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO THINK YOUR POSTS THROUGH. Violators of this rule will be given a maximum of three warnings. If those three warnings are used up, you are out of the roleplay.

At all costs, please avoid back and forth conversation between two RPers. By that, I mean the one liners like "'do you want to go to the jungle?' joe asked." followed by "'why, yes. Could you show me the lake later?' Jane asked." Stuff like that. It takes up needless space. I woudl prefer it if you could work it out via PMs if you want to do conversations like that, and post the final result when you are finished. It's such a pain in the butt to go through two pages of one line conversations....

Please make your description as follows, and please do not start right away.

Name:
    Species:
    Home Planet (If you use a made up planet, please give a brief description):
    Physical description:
    Personality:

Here is my form:

Name: Yukiko
    Species: human
    Home Planet: Hoth
    Physical description: waist length, white hair that she occasionally wears down, but usually wears in a long braid or two braids. No bangs. She stands a short 5' even, with a petite, but fit build. She has rather large, deep, red eyes, and a very sharp, angular face with high cheek bones. She usually wears a traditional Jedi tunic, but with bare feet.
    Personality: A bit of a loner, she tends to keep to herself, but when she makes friends, she is very loyal. She comes off as very cold at first, but since she is uncomfortable in her new enviornment at the Academy, she'll warm up eventually!

I am hoping to make this pretty epic, following ideas from the novels, so please bear with me as I set up the final details for this. Please post your information while I work on this though. As soon as I have it all straightened out, we can begin!

Last edited:

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    I will join, Skye. =P
    Name: Teyra
    Species: Human
    Home Planet: Courusant
    Physical description: Shoulder dark blonde hair, usally wears up for work/duties, but otherwise let's down, and deep, forest-green eyes, that tend to have a dreamy look to them. 5' 3", Slim and agile, also, wears the normal Jedi tunic.
    Personality: Quiet, thoughtful, and kind, Teyra often meditates, and keeps her ideas to herself. A bit shy at first when meeting someone new, but a bit more out-spoken when she gets to know the person better.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Well, here I am.

Name: CB-14
    Species: Droid
    Home Planet: Yavin 4
    Physical description: If you played star wars: knights of the old republic, he's very similar to HK-47, almost identical, in fact. A picture of him is here, click on the icoon third from the bottom, on the left collum.
    Personality: I hate describing personalities. He's a droid, but a special one, so see for yourself!

I shall now describe a bit of the background of my character, otherwise his presence at the academy would remain an enigma.

Recently, a student of the academy who loved to tinker with machines, wandered off into the dense jungnle around the academy, and was not heard from since. When his room was investigated, hopefully looking for clues as to why he left, they found a strange droid within his closet. The jedi did not examine his internal mainframe and components, yet in a general inspection, it appeared the only thing missing was a power source. Hoping that the droid would have some clues, they equipped it with a self-charging power cell, and upon reactivation, it identified itself as CB-14, and his primary function as a bodyguard and identified his combat protocol. However, other than programming from his master, he had no memory of anything prior to activation. The droid went to see Luke Skywalker, and identified one of his main objectives. "If my master should fail at a task, that I must do my best to succeed at that task, and as my master has disappeared, it is within the parameters of failure." And asked master luke to be included in jedi training. Strangley, Skywalker sensed a presence of the force within the droid, and when asked about it, it said that it had no knowledge of it's internal systems structure, yet did know it's functions. However, he could not allow anyone else to tamper with the programming without its combat protocol self-activating. Luke decided that it would be best to learn more about this droid, and so, gave him permission to be a part of the jedi academy, and would recieve the same training as other students.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    Name: Jeanne
    Species: Human
    Home Planet: Alderaan
    Physical description: Long, wavy, light blue hair, which wears in defferent hairstyles but mainly with ribbons and hairbands. Has deep, dark blue eyes which tends to be soft and calm as the sea. She stands in 5'4 and has a dainty figure. Often wears a Jedi tunic.
    Personality: Cheerful and energetic, happy-go-luck and naive. Her childish actions always makes people think that she's a weak little girl, but she is really tough when needed and tends to act tomboyish.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Whoohoo! I'm so excited! This is going to rock!

Marina99...I had to laugh when I read your post! Where did you come up with the name Jeanne? (It's my real name! Don't tell anyone!!)

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    OOC: And now...the moment you have been waiting for!

Please note that all classes are offered at all times of the day, so feel free to make your own schedule!

Also, if anyone has any ideas, please PM me with them! I am always open to suggestions!

Finally, others may join after we have started!

IC: Yukiko sat atop the Great Temple, her red eyes squinted against the bright morning sun. It was so quiet here, so serene before morning. Yet she could feel everything. The night creatures returning to their burrows and nests, ready to sleep away the day, and the daytime creatures, waking full of energy to greet Yavin with.

Standing up, Yukiko stretched. She felt so free here, devoid of the heavy furs and blankets that weighed her down on Hoth. Her pale, white skin complained to her as the sun hit it, however, so she descended the many, many steps to the bottom level of the Temple.

Her room was located in the basement, and that was where she headed. The second sublevel was cool and welcoming, despite its bleak, damp darkness. A few power sources provided fuel for the lights that lit the halls dimly, but somehow, they couldn't conquer the cold stone enclosure.

Yukiko loved it down here. No bright Yavin to burn her skin, pierce her eyes. She could feel comfortable down here. Opening her door slowly, she peered in. Her sleeping pallet was neatly made, everything in its place. Smiling, she went to her desk, sat down, and sighed.

It would be another hour or so before morning lecture in the Grand Audience Chamber, so Yukiko had time to kill. She toyed with the idea of taking a run, but decided that in the muggy jungle weather, her toasty Jedi robes would do her little good.

She had done much to try and ignore the warmth the sun left on her, or at least, to build a shield around herself, but she was inexperienced. Instead, she settled for covering her albino body completely when going outside in the daylight.

Some of the less-than-kind Jedi-in-training often scoffed at her, but she ignored them. They were all on the same side, after all. Why bother to quarrel amongst themselves when there was a greater task at hand, a greater danger?

Yukiko rose from her desk and paced the room for a while, feeling she had energy to release, but nowhere to put it. Donning her white, lightweight cloak over her robes, she made her way up to the top level of the Temple, to the Grand Audience Chamber.

"I might as well be early," she said to herself softly, her long, white hair flowing out of the hood. She pushed the hood back and twisted her waist-length hair into a quick braid, and replaced the hood.

The Audience Chamber was devoid of any other students when she entered, so she took a seat in the front row, sinking into a meditative-ish state, and enjoying the feeling of recognizing even the smallest form of life around her.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    Teyra sat in the front row of the Audience Chamber, with closed lids, savoring the cool darkness that allowed her to relax. She sensed many others with her- Not very familiar with all of them- she rather kept to herself, instead of revealing true feelings or thoughts..
    Now opening up her lids, revealing eyes as green as the forests of Naboo itself, full of thought.

The girl knew that she didn't have any friends at the acadamy, for most thought she was a bit too quiet, not wanting to open up, and have companionship, friendship...
    But it is not so...

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I walked in, and saw the two people in the audience chamber who were ealier than I had been. An unknown program told me that they were stretching out with the force, attempting to sense as much as possible. I did not know what this program was, or where the data came from, yet it seemed came from my core mainframe, therefore, it was correct. I picked a location near the front of the massive room, and sat down near two human females.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Yukiko turned her head to see a droid had come to sit near her. Confused by this, she let her expression become thus, conveying her emotion clearly.

"Hello," she said softly, peering at the droid from behind her white hood. She looked at the other girl who sat near her as well, trying to include her in the conversation. "I am Yukiko. I don't believe I have met either of you before..."

She trailed off, realizing that they may be discouraged by her large, shadowing hood. She pulled it off, and let it fall to her back softly, revealing her very pale skin, long white hair, and piercing red eyes. It had not been uncommon for her people to be born as albino, but she had yet to meet one here. She hoped these two would not judge her, as a few others had already done so here.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    Jeanne was just outside the 'Grand Audience Chamber', as she recalled, deciding to go in now, or wait a little longer since it was early. She looked arond her, she couldn't find anything to do with, it'll be useless not going in. She exhaled and went in.

As Jeanne walked in the Audience Chamber, there were only a few students in. At first glance, she saw a seat next to the students who were there. Being her friendly (and naive) self, she sat down next to them, hoping she could talk to them. She hated the silence that was around her, she wasn't used to this.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Skye sent me a PM about this a while ago. I was browsing around and saw this so I thought "What the heck?". Is it too late to join?

Name: Adam
    Home Planet: Courusant
    Physical Description: Black hair which is short, blue eyes, the normal Jedi Tunic, 1 metre 50 (150 Centimetres), and is slim.
    Personality: Likes to stay quiet unless in class or tries to make friends, hides stuff from some people, quite knowledgable, gives opinions and answers every question asked in class, wants to become a jedi.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    OOC: Oh, yes, Skye, I forgot to mention that I've read most of the series as well! ^^;

BIC: "I am Teyra." Teyra addressed the two sitting next to her, a hope of making some friends sparkling in her own deep green eyes.
    "I... Also think I haven't seen you two around here before..." The girl tried to say something other then her name, digging through her mind for other things to say.
    A bit anxiously, she closed her eyes, then opened them again, trying to calm herself.
    The green eyed girl smiled, as if to make up for her lack of words.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
    Another girl had come to join them. Yukiko smiled at her kindly, hoping that she would join them.

"It's nice to meet you, CB-14, and Teyra," she said softly, her red eyes glowing with happiness.

By now, a herd of students had filed in, taking their seats. Master Skywalker had yet to appear, but it was still early yet. Yukiko looked up to Master Skywalker so very much. She admired his calm, but very strong nature; the way he could handle any situation without drawing a weapon, or using his fists. She wanted very much to be like that.

Shaking herself from her daze, she turned to the people who had come to sit with her. Smiling, she introduced herself once more, this time to Jeanne, hoping that they would all become good friends.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    "Hello," The girl greeted the newcomer, the girl called Jeanne, continuing; "I am called Teyra."
    She smiled one last time at all of them, then closed her eyes once more, and began to meditate.
    I call to the living things...
    Things known, creatures that walk...
    Creatures that fly,
    Upon the moons of planets,
    The planets, themselves...
    And to the essence of life...

The teen recited in her head, the simple poem she had learned.
    Not once more opening her eyes, she awaited the Master Skywalker's presence...

Back