• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] TheKrauseMouse Pokemon Fanart

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Hey there everyone! I'm pretty new to these forums but have been a huge pokemon fan since I was like 5 and played the first games. :) I had a couple years of hiatus playing though after black 2 because I couldn't get the new 3ds but I recently got my hands on a 2ds and alpha sapphire and x and have been obsessing like I never stopped hahaha!
    Anyway, I am an artist and writer and am trying to practice as much as possible to improve and lately I've been doing some pokemon art in all that practice! So here are the things I've done for pokemon. ^_^ If you're interested in my other art, just check out the links in my signature. :)

Ok so this is the biggest thing I ever attempted to do and I like how it turned out. :) The two people are supposed to be me and my boyfriend as trainers and the pokemon are some of our favorites. :)
    Spoiler:

And here is a better look at the individual pokemon teams!
    Spoiler:

This piece of fanart was actually my very first attempt at pokemon fanart whatsoever. I had never drawn a single pokemon before (heck I haven't practiced much with animals in general even) and I was pretty happy I was able to draw them with ok results hahaha.
    Spoiler:

And this is one of my more recent little things. It was a bit rushed but I managed to make it ok looking. xD I also want to note that in all my drawings I have attempted in some cases to reference pokemon images from google searching in my own poses but some I just completely referenced as they were as I couldn't pose them the way I wanted to easily!
    Spoiler:

And here is what I consider my best fanart for pokemon yet, Team Aqua Admin Shelly. :) I loved her redesign in AS! ^_^
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    I like it my friend! Especially the Team Aqua one!

Good luck with the future friend!

Thanks a lot! I got this one done a couple of days ago to compliment that one! Team Magma Admin Courtney! ;)

teammagma_2_by_thekrausemouse-da2k51s.jpg

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Your style is super cute. In the future, I would pay special attention to faces. Some of your better faces would definitely be in the kalos starters piece, where you can really see their expression, something that is difficult to pull off. I would also pay attention to where the eyes are looking. For example in the team aqua one with Shelly and Sharpedo. Shelly is looking at the floor, and that kind of disconnects her from both her pose and her Sharpedo. A suggestion to make her connect better is to have her looking straight at the viewer, or at Sharpedo.

I love your shading. It's very on-point.

Thank you so much for those points! I'll definitely have that in mind for next time! Truth be told when I originally was drawing Shelly, I didn't have the Sharpedo planned so when I was done with her I drew him up and didn't even think to check that hahaha! And I do think that I can be a bit inconsistent with the faces, I definitely need to keep up the practice!!!
    And thanks about the shading! When I had started out drawing digitally my coloring style was god-awful. xD But my boyfriend who is also an artist said I should try out doing a more cel-shaded style and that it would suit my art style better so I gave it a shot and liked it and have been going with that since. ^_^

And thanks to everyone else for the feedback!!! :D I appreciate it!!!!!

Back