• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Theme Design Wanted - tPC 10th Anniversary

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    So as many of you know the official 10th anniversary of PokeCommunity is coming up.. We like to launch a promo involving social networks, the users here, the 10th anny get together, and a special theme.

The theme is where you themer's come in.. we want all of you to try to come up with a special and awesome 10th anny theme for pc we can set during this event and more..

Come on guys, I know you can do it.. fire up that photoshop, reload that test vB you have hidden away, and create some awsomeness!

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
    I can attempt something with a new software i got... Things wont end well.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Hey, thanks guys. :)

Nah, no Style Accents planned, but possibly something else. I'm coding it now so we'll see how it goes!

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Throwing my hat into the ring here. ^^ Jake's already seen this, but I thought you guys would like to see what I've come up with.

"The PokéCommunity 10th Anniversary Event" has been shortened to the rather more snappy "PCX". ^^ (Since I think the majority of users refer to PokéCommunity as 'PC'). I tried to go for colours and noise rather than the monotone glossy look, since it's a celebration and it needs to be alive with excitement. :D PARTY!!! I think the style, if it comes to fruition, needs to represent that part to, but that's just my opinion.

The Pokémon featured on it are a bit of a random selection on my part - they can be changed. I think it's important that we have four or five since PC doesn't have a mascot like the other fansites, and I like that since it means that the stylists can be a creative as they want with their favourites. :mudkip^_^: Also some people aren't repelled if they don't like the mascot Pokémon, which is a plus I guess. Or maybe I'm over-thinking it. o.O

The PC logo at the bottom is the one used for the PC Mobile apps, at certain points in GT8 as well as other little things (like the Stunfisk style), but it's by no means an official logo (and I like that we don't have an official logo because that means we're far less restricted in the styling department). I added the '.com', since the plan is to advertise on other sites and networks, so the address needs to be very clear and obvious. It did originally have the slogan but I took it out, since it was drawing attention away from the more important message.

The PCX logo can be in several different colours:
    Spoiler:

Maybe all the events should have a little version of this in the banners? Just throwing out suggestions.

Any thoughts guys?

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Worked on a few ideas I had, and came up with a PCX tag which we could tag the events with. The point of it is to give the whole Get-Together a bit extra flare. So for example, the IRC event which will inevitable, could look like this:

The PCX tag would go in the top right-hand corner and can be scaled down if needs be. I thought that it might make the whole Get-Together feel a bit more special compared to the regular one. Standard events (i.e. staff events run on every GT) could be slylised with the 'PCX:' prefix (e.g. PCX:Chat, PCX:UltimateThread, etc.)

Here's the tag on it's own:

It would be available as a transparent PNG download for peeps.

Here it is incorporated into New Year's Egg Swap banner so you can see how it can be integrated:

(It's annoying that I've already used the 'Anniversary Egg Swap' name... gonna have to think of something else.)

I suppose this could help stop 'unofficial' events from cropping up in the forum, which I think has happened before, but the staff are so good anyway that they're usually locked/deleted very quickly. However, it could avoid the interim time between users seeing it and staff getting to it.

If we were to do this it would be best to show the tag to any event runners as soon as possible, since many would have to incorporate the tag into their banners and still make them look good. I think it would be best to avoid what happened at GT8, where everyone was required to put a reference to GT8 into their banners/headers fairly late on.

I think banners should be encouraged as a bit of extra effort for the 10th Anniversary, but I guess if someone really, really doesn't want a banner, then the tag on it's own could easily be affixed in the top-right corner by some sort of CSS wizardry.

Again, all just suggestions at this point. ;) Let me know what you think.

Back