• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Theories about why Looker washed up with amnesia at Battle Resort (ORAS)

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2022
    Almost all of the other games from before or after ORAS gave Looker a major role, but ORAS didn't. In fact, most people don't even know he was in the game at all. He just washed up at the Battle Resort after Delta Episode with amnesia and gave you an Audinite. If you bring an Audino with you that is holding the Audinite, nothing happens.
    I was thinking, and if anyone has ever read the book or watched the movie The Bourne Identity, you would understand. Basically its about a spy named Jason Bourne on an undercover mission for over 3 years, and the experiment was to find out how long he could last before he went insane. Eventually, fate caught up to him and the enemy he was investigating threw him off a dock and he hit his head on a boat and washed up on an island, with amnesia.
    Sound familiar?
    Maybe its a reference.
    Also, does the story from Sun/Moon stem off of Looker's amnesia? Or is it just his cover story?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Ehhh... I wouldn't read that much into it beyond the question of Fallers. Considering that Anabel, a former member of the Hoenn Battle Frontier (which is being built at the Battle Resort), appeared with him in the Alola games, I believe that Looker himself turning up in the place where she should have been was subtle foreshadowing for what was to come in the following Generation. They probably wanted to establish Fallerhood as his origin story to give him something in common with his future boss at the UB Task Force.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2022
    Sorry for the late response.
    Do you think ultra sun/moon for 3DS is worth getting? What changes are there? Are there mirage spots? Can you fly freely around the map? Are there larger cities? Are there any notable things they didn't carry over? Should I downgrade and play a game like black and white 2 instead?
    Thanks for your earlier response.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Sorry for the late response.
    Do you think ultra sun/moon for 3DS is worth getting? What changes are there? Are there mirage spots? Can you fly freely around the map? Are there larger cities? Are there any notable things they didn't carry over? Should I downgrade and play a game like black and white 2 instead?
    Gen 7 doesn't have mirage spots or Soaring, and towns aren't any bigger than they've ever been (even in Gen 8, they aren't bigger).

Changes/additions that I can remember right now are that there's a different battle gimmick in Z-moves (instead of mega evolution, which you don't gain access to until postgame), Battle Royal (which is a free-for-all mode with 4 trainers), SOS battles (wild Pokemon can sometimes call for help), hyper training (a level 100 Pokemon can be "hyper trained" at the cost of bottle caps to max out one or more of its IVs), HMs are replaced with the PokeRide system, and Festival Plaza, which is more or less a cross between B2W2's Join Avenue and the battle+trade interface. And in the ultra versions there's Mantine Surfing, and in Moon/Ultra Moon the clock is 12 hours ahead of whatever your 3DS's clock is.

Which to get depends on what matters to you in a Pokemon game. Personally I prefer Black2/White 2 over Gen 7, but everyone's mileage may vary

Years
  • Sorry for the late response.

pretty much what Nah wrote about the changes. However imo White 2 is an upgrade not a downgrade, while gen 7 is a downgrade. That's just my opinion tho, because I didn't like gen 7. About Looker, I wouldn't overthink it. Meeting Looker after the Delta Episode was a preparation to gen 7 story. Gen 7 story is kinda blend tho, they don't go too deep in the topic and it's a topic where there are many things to say/explain.

Back