• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

There exists a thread dealing with this topic. *locks*

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Do you take the trouble to search for a thread before you make one?
    Yes, since I don't want to be in trouble and embarassed by having one of your threads locked.
    Have any of your threads ever been locked? D:
    Yes, of course.
    Do you check locked threads for the reason why they were locked?
    Yup, I'm a busybody.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Do you take the trouble to search for a thread before you make one? I look through the places with smaller thread densities but usually don't bother to look anyhow.

Have any of your threads ever been locked? D: Yeah, but not for that reason. It's either because I request it or someone else revives it.

Do you check locked threads for the reason why they were locked? Yes, because I'm weird like that :D

Years
    I always, always search beforehand, because I'm so afraid of making something that already exists, and I don't want to embarrass myself. I get super insecure about it and feel bad for the rest of day, if not more.

Not of any fault of mine, as far as I can remember. I've had threads locked, but either they were rules threads or another member bumped them, and thus it was locked.

If another mod locks a thread in OVP, I look to check why. As for other forums, only if it looks really, really promising from the title these days. Most of the time, a closed thread isn't a big deal for me. It happens.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I usually search, though today I made a B/W thread only searching once instead of five times! /shock horror

And when it comes to people making threads, I generally know what threads are made and what aren't, so I don't really search whether people have duplicates in B/W since I kinda already know.

My earliest threads have been locked. My first three were locked, um, a few more after then. I don't think I've made a duplicate thread though (but I do know I got... four of my threads, afaicr locked for stupidity basically. XD)

Yeah I check locked threads cause it always interests me as to what other mods say especially Kaori.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Yes, always.

One has I think.... Yeah another of the same thread had been made in another section XD

Yes I do... I probably shouldn't but I am curious XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I never start threads, so when I do yea I go back 30 days to make sure a thread like the one I'm planning to make isn't already there.

I've had a few locked, but none were reasons that had to do with me. Might have been a rule thread, might have been revived later down the road, might have been a question and it was answered and locked to prevent other people from replying. But as far as breaking a rule or something like that... nah.

You mean other threads? Nah, I could care less about a locked thread. XD

Back