• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"There will be no more plans for Pokemon."

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
Years
  • I would find as many boxsets/DVDs or whatever I can find of the series when it was in it's prime to me(Kanto-Hoenn). I wouldn't need the Hoenn episodes that babdly but as long as I get 1-276 I'll be find. I would probably still play the games but with less enthusiasm because of the fact that there wouldn't be any more new Pokemon.

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
    Years
  • The production will end, yes, but the franchise will live on. And the price of the games would probably be lower after an amount of time, so I can buy them all. So yeah, when the production ends I'll try to collect all of the Pokemon games and finish them all. xP

This seems like a pretty good idea. Pokemon was a major part of my childhood, and I am still playing them, so when something has stuck around for sixteen years in a person's life, it's not going anywhere as far as I am concerned. :)

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I think I'll keep playing the games, even though they get boring eventually, something still drives me to start a new game in Fire Red every few months.

I guess I'll resort to the fangames or hacks, as I'm already active in some fangame projects.

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years
  • I think even if Nintendo was to discontinue Pokemon it would be carried on by the online community (competitive battling, fan art/fiction, etc.) for a few years. It would gradually decline, personally I don't know what I'd do, I'd be dissappointed but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
    I'd probably keep playing the games every now and again I guess.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I'd go and play them and try to catch them all. And when I finish that, well there are other games I like as well. (Megaman, Sonic, Kirby, Gran Turismo, just to name a few)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd continue to give attention to the older games, and re-watch some of the anime episodes, and movies. My love for the franchise wouldn't end, I know that much. The thing is, there would still be all the fanmade MMOs, and regular fan-games, and ROM hacks to keep people amused.

Eventually, I'd move on away from Pokemon, but that will happen anyway as time passes. Whether the franchise ends in a year, or keeps going for the next eight years, I'll leave it behind at my own pace, and that probably won't happen until I'm a good chunk of years older. I can almost guarantee that.

Back