• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen There's a long way up ahead- You want to rest?

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    A very welcomed addition throughout the game. It was a pain running low on medicine and then trying to get out of a cave or the woods just to get to a Pokecenter.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I really like them. I honestly think that this game (at least at the beginning) was a lot more difficult than previous generations and the doctors and nurses came in so handy when you're in the middle of somewhere. Currently training in Victory Road to battle the E4, and loving the wee doctor in here :)

Years
  • I think they're a good idea, in the initial stages of the games where you can't just randomly fly to a pokecentre to heal up, it was very welcome to come across these nurses and doctors.

The main part I liked about them though was that you had to beat them before they'd heal your pokemon for you.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I think it would be hilariously ironic to lose to one of them :3

Yes I found them very useful, especially when grinding and the PP goes down faster than the Exp. goes up >.>
    Even the people in houses like on the way to Twist Mountain and on Village bridge are incredibly useful as the houses don't take anywhere near as long to load as the PC :D

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • Yeah I like them but there were at least 5 times that I was in the middle of a cave and used 2-3 revives and 10+ potions/superpotions to completely heal my pokemon then I find a nurse/doctor around the corner. :disappoin

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Yeah I like them but there were at least 5 times that I was in the middle of a cave and used 2-3 revives and 10+ potions/superpotions to completely heal my pokemon then I find a nurse/doctor around the corner. :disappoin

That happened to me a lot. I entirely heal up my team to see a doctor. At least I'm rich.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I usually heal up (and revive if needed) after every battle, so I find that they were a nice addition. It saves me a few potions every now and then, so I can't complain. I would love to see them (or trainers like them) in future games.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Yeah, they are pretty useful. My Duramaka had 4 HP left and one of them healed me before entering the Desert Resort.

Oh, and they are better than those creepy old ladies who keep asking you to rest after you've just rested.

trespasser

Problem, officer?
    Years
  • I just LOVE them. :D I really like how if you walk in front of them they don't make you battle, until you talk to them. Is it me, or are they stronger then other trainers? It seems like it to me. :P

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I love the sight of Nurses and Doctors, it saves alot of time that you'd spend walking back to a Pokécentre then getting back to were you where at, I'm in Chargestone cave and I've just battled a Doctor, saves me walking all the way back to the Pokécentre :) So yeah, a great addition if you ask me!

~ Also saves revives & potions ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    Anyone noticed it's ALL positive feedback on this thread?! :P

It's always been great to have healing points outside of cities...and now the routes are longer, it definitely benefits having Doctors and Nurses...as for caves, with the new EXP format you become so much more interested in training and forget your PP is low...then boom - there's a Doctor! :D

Sure the only downside is you could use items right before you encounter one...but oh well, you'll familiarise yourself with the locations of them all :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • These doctors and nurses are extremely welcome. They are sooo helpful and they make it so much easier to grind.

Yeah, they are pretty useful. My Duramaka had 4 HP left and one of them healed me before entering the Desert Resort.

Oh, and they are better than those creepy old ladies who keep asking you to rest after you've just rested.

Yes. Much better. Those ladies used to make me scream "RAPE!" in my head whenever I saw them, but I had no choice but to rest anyway...

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Big help! When I was grinding in Victory road I stood right beside him and healed when I needed. Same thing when I was running out of PP while farming Audinos at the Pinwheel Forest entrance.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I think they're really useful! Though they may not have been necessary they were REALLY helpful.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i love the fact that there were doctors/nurses. all the best training spots had some place to heal you pokemon making training alot easier and seeing how big some of the areas are its nice knowing that about halfway through there is someone there to heal you team

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The doctors saved me sooo much time and grief while I was playing the game. Due to my Pokemon's defenses they needed to be healed a lot while go through areas, so not having to go all the way back to the last city to heal and simply going to the midpoint of the area was so much easier. I'm extremely glad they were there.

Back