• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen There's a long way up ahead- You want to rest?

Rusty118

Oshawott for the win
Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    That one doctor on Victory Road helped me so much.
    The process went like this:

1. Equip lucky egg
    2.Train
    3. If low on health, talk to doctor. Omg, i didnt waste any Revives or potions!
    4. Rinse and repeat

<3

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Love them! I mean, who wouldn't? Just don't talk to them if you don't like them. xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Nurses are cute :)

As for the topic at hand, they are invaluable when level grinding in said locations, as you can just talk t them instead of backtracking out of a cave in the event you run out of PP for your best moves or if you sustain heavy damage (Wild Boldore's combination of Sturdy + Sand-Attack+Rock Throw/Slide can really do a number on your HP when it takes you forever to defeat them). So they are definitely a welcome addition to the game.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • I think this was a great idea! Sometimes I have just used potions etc on my pokemon and then I turn a corner and there appears a doctor/nurse... but oh well still gets the PP up and makes training a lot easier.

Spellbound

The Unova Champion ★
    Years
  • I never knew they healed your Pokémon untill I battled one, after that, everytime I saw one I'd be really happy too see them :P

Gotta Catch 'Em All

Pokemon Veteran
    Years
  • I actually think they were a great addition to the Pokemon series. Albeit a unexpected one, I didn't see it coming at all (I assumed the fact you could buy potions, full restores, and with the addition of berries too, would see the end of "Outside PC" healing, as it were), but they're definitely an addition I'm not complaining about.

I didn't find it was the healing due to being weak that was the benefit for me - More so it was the fact that I could get some training due mid-cave/route, something that was rather difficult in other Pokemon games due to the significant lack of Ethers, and the amount of PP lost while trying to train. Thanks to these Doctors/Nurses I was able to keep my Pokemon's PP to a sufficient level that I could actually train with them.

Cool topic. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2012
    Even though this was an amazing addition to the game i still found myself using a lot of revives and restores. I think the one at pin wheel forest should of been inside near the bridge.

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
    Years
  • The Doctors and Nurses in Pokémon Black and White are awesome, they are very useful when going through certain caves such as Twist Mountain, Victory Road and even the Desert Resort especially if like me you like to explore the whole area collecting items and such.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I love them, they make playing the game sooo much easier. Especially near Pinwheel where it's best to train there early on, so it was a great placement of a nurse rather than running all the way back to Nacrene.

This. Oh god, I grinded so much that I permanently stayed overleveled (8th gym now)

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • They made the annoying parts of finding every item in Victory Road much easier. I hope this means we can get supersized dungeons in Gen VI, since you can have Doctors and Nurses as checkpoints.

Noob out.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • They are an absolute RELIEF. But it's annoying that the game developers decided that they can make longer-stretched roads and stuff. It's really annoying. XD

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • I talked to a Nurse Trainer for more than 20 times, I think. I simply love them. They help in grinding A LOT, especially when you feel like you're going to black out/white out.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    It was mostly helpful for conserving your time and maximizing the efficiency of your gaming session allowing you to progress quicker.

I hope the next generation includes them as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    Best idea ever, I myself haven't dedicated more than 10 hours to a pokemon game since silver, so coming back to doctors and nurses was so awesome that it still has my playing 40+ hours on :D

Shorty-

Unique is an Understatement.
    Years
  • OMG!! I Love it!! I don't have to spend all my cash on items, and I can explore the areas much more and catch catch catch Pokemon.

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
    Years
  • I feel like they are a large help, especially if you are low on items. It just brightens up your day to see one of the doctors or nurses.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I was glad to find one when I could ^_^ They were really helpful in my trips through Twist mountain, Celestial tower and Victory road (oh and the Desert Ruins) my whole team almost fainted by the time I made it to them and fought them...so I was really thankful they added them.

Back