• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things that never made sense in Pokemon

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Charizard not being Dragon type. HE'S A DRAGON.

Mega Charizard X is Fire/Dragon, so there's that....

Another one I thought of because I'm replaying my Black 2 is this: Why doesn't Ghetsis have the Shadow Triad kill you? It'd be easy for them with their ninja powers (they have no trouble kicking you off of the Plasma Frigate before you even know it), and Ghetsis clearly isn't against killing you; he orders Kyurem to Glaciate your digital ass when you finally confront him in Giant Chasm. So why not do that before I become too much of a problem for him? It's clear by the time you have about 7 badges that you're an obstacle to his plans, and you'd think that he'd have learned from the first time around (Black/White). Yes, I am aware that it is Pokémon and that the story is that good beats evil blah blah blah, but just humor me here.

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
    Years
    I've seen a lot in this thread about Diglett and Dugtrio being able to learn cut, but what about Aerial Ace? That's a flying type move being learned by a ground type Pokemon, not to mention one that's always partially buried.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    Things that never made sense in Pokemon

I never really understood how a trainer can fly on this guy. I mean, I know it's a bug and I know most can fly, but riding on one? That just seems a little bizarre. In the past, I always thought the Trainer would squish the Bug-type they are flying on top of. Bugs are fragile little things!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2015
    How Slowbro has half a chance of being a female, isn't "bro" short for "brother"?
    This is like the Mr Mime one lol.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Some Pokedex entries are quite... questionable for me. Otherwise, I don't have many problems with anything else because:

• Pokemon are RPGs, of course they have RPG elements.
    • Movesets and the likes are for game balance purposes.
    • Some mistakes/oversights are too late to fix (like Mr. Mime), or maybe they don't want/too lazy to fix.
    But ultimately, the fact is that:
    Game logic ≠ real world logic

Back