• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things that remind you of Pokemon

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    What are somethings that remind you of pokemon, or things that look like pokemon?

for me the " this is why we cant have nice things " cat reminds me of Gliscor

Spoiler:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    This box turtle my dad brang home from work when we lived on the island. We named him Squirtle...and my cat reminds me of Umbreon sometimes.

Ayselipera

Whenever I see girl or boy sign necklaces or just see them anywhere I think of pokemon.

Which are these if you don't know what I'm talking about...

♀ ♂

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Personally, there are a multiple of objects and living things that remind me of Pokémon. For instance, when I see certain animals that are a primarily based upon a Pokémon's species my mind reflects on that Pokémon (such as butterflies and their relation to Butterfree/Beautifly). There are also the floating balls that you use when fishing, most of them you see are half white and half red. Seeing this two colors assorted perfectly on the ball it instantly gives me the allusion of a Pokéball. There are a few other things that remind me of Pokémon, but these are two of the most often occurrences for myself.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    A lot of things remind me of Pokemon around my area. The most notable for me, weirdly, is a guy. We call him Piplup because, as you can guess from his name, he can do a rather impressive Piplup cry which is scarily accurate. The werid thing (oh yes, it gets werider) is the times he makes these sounds are completley random. For example, during the middle of our Geography lesson, he randomly screams Piplup. We all laughed, and he got a 30 minute detention.

Apart from the kid, I tend to notice a lot of where Pokemon's influences came from throughout nature. A good example is Squirtle. The first time I saw it, I knew, straight away, that it was based off a turtle but it wasn't until I saw a turtle in real life that I actually noticed the proper similarities. I actually think a lot of Water Pokemon have a lot of similar characteristics to the animals/organisms that they're actually based on because the way the move, especially when they're swimming, can make you easily recognize it and which animal it resembles.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    When I see a piece of gum on the ground, it always reminds me of a Grimer or Muk.
    And when I see a fire, I always think it was started by a Charmander. (lol)

(This is completely off topic, but when I was little, I was afraid of Charmander.)

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    I think i have told this story before, but on my year 10 camp i went into this cave with my friend and the rest of our group. The whole time me and my friend were doing geodude's cry with the occasional zubat noise.

So when i think of caves i think of geodude and zubat

Wobbubobafett

my backpacks got jets
    Years
    a sunny, warm, spring morning sometimes remind me of pokemon. When i was seven and first got pokemon red version I would sit in the woods and play
    :3333

that and sriracha hot sause, but i can't explain that

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Personally, there are a multiple of objects and living things that remind me of Pokémon. For instance, when I see certain animals that are a primarily based upon a Pokémon's species my mind reflects on that Pokémon (such as butterflies and their relation to Butterfree/Beautifly). There are also the floating balls that you use when fishing, most of them you see are half white and half red. Seeing this two colors assorted perfectly on the ball it instantly gives me the allusion of a Pokéball. There are a few other things that remind me of Pokémon, but these are two of the most often occurrences for myself.

Yes, those are some of things things that I do too, find that remind me of pokemon.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    There's these circle rubbers that my friends have and they look EXACTLY like pokéballs just without the red and white design.
    I always think of pokémon when I see them.

Also, flamethrowers, the reason is obvious.
    I love this move [who doesn't?] and I always think of pokémon [and more specifically Charizard] when one is mentioned.

Yes, people love mentioning flamethrowers. It's normally stuff like; I'll get your cat with flamethrower. etc. >_>

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    First, I just want to say that this is really cool thread idea!

Alright so one of the things that constantly remind me of Pokemon are;

My Dog, who if you read my other posts you would know reminds me of a Slowpoke(I also think Slowpoke look like sloths of some kind)

Once when I was 8 I could have sworn I saw a Dragonite flying in the sky one day with my binoculars. When I went back inside to show my mom it was gone.*

I sometimes pretend that certain areas of my City are filled with Pokemon. Things like the horribly pastel green trees remind me of badly disguised Sudowoodo.

I once saw a spilled grape milkshake and thought it was a scared Ditto.

I also swore I saw a Magnemite on a Field Trip to our local Power Plant. Nobody else saw it but when we were walking pass the very loud turbine I heard a weird screech and then saw a small Magnemite wobble away.*

*I'm not crazy or anything, these were probably just my imagination. I just saw them real quick before walking somewhere else.

Anyways those are what make me think of Pokemon

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Well I went to see Avatar last week and there was a horse on fire in the movie and I was like OMG RAPIDASH!!! lol ^_^

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    This dude in my class wears this big sleeveless jacket and a over-sized cap...

We call him 'Squirtle'.

Years
    The lyrics from the Trapt song Headstrong make me imagine a Bagon doing waterfall cliff diving.

My cat was begging this one time. Sneezed. It came out as: "Meeeow-th!"
    Was an odd moment.

Every time I see a VW Beetle, I think of the yellow VW Beetle that is/was around all done up like Pikachu. I really wanted to see that Pokemon PT Cruiser up close... it was done to look kinda like Lugia...

And Spaghetti-O's make me think of Unown, LOL .

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
    Years
    And Spaghetti-O's make me think of Unown, LOL .

Awww, I'd love to have Unown soup D:

Yeah, so there's this play we're gonna see with school next friday... it's called "smokescreen" xD Last year there was also this organization called "SLAM".

There's also a monster in Banjo-Kazzoie that looks like Carnivine.
    Things that remind you of Pokemon

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Since I have paleontology, I hear the word "evolution" quite often. It is not just this word that reminds me of Pokémon, but also the fossils themselves. We have the quite obvious ones like Horseshoe crabs for Kabuto, the Amonites for Omanite and Omastar.
    The Sea Lillies for Lileep and Cradily (I told my friend last year and she thought they were done very well).
    Then we saw the Radiolaria I thought they would make very good Pokémon à la Castform.
    Then upon seeing the Trilobites (rolled up), I thought that they would make a good Pokémon as well.

Back