• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you hate, laught at, or just find strange.

CHAZ The Cat

Come Charmander light my fire~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    The title says it pretty much.
    I got the idea from playing a lot, and also from watching multiple walkthroughs and wifi battles on Youtube. Everyone has different reactions to different things that happen in the games. Most of them are frustrations, that often result in laughter when they pass or are made notable. I thought it would be fun to share.

Example: I hate the bike music.
    Seriously, I don't use the bike as much, just so I won't have to listen to that. I'd rather run to nearby places, or Fly. And when I do use it, I go out of my way to exit or enter a different town or route, to make the music change back. How annoying is that??

So, yeah. Let the dogs out.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
    I usually wind up either laughing or going "0.o they expect a kid to understand this?" at the dialogue.

But other than that, everything else I could say is pretty situational so I'll leave it at that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    I hate that they include a pokemon graveyard, but never really get around to discussing dead pokemon. I also hate that the ghost pokemon are, what supposed to be ghosts of the other dead pokemon? I'd love to see, even if only in referance other than Marowak, ghost versions of pokemon. A Jigglypuff who upon death turns into a siren, awesomeness. Also the chingling in caves might be because it's ringing would echo, and the sound would be more intense. Just a thought.

Loophoo

Heads will roll.
    Years
    Hate pokemon that are ridiculously common. Like there isn't what, 500 pokemon to choose from? *rolls eyes*

Pokemon that fall into this category being Zubat, Tentacool, Geodude etc ...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I am not a fan of the bike music either. I just prefer the sweet tunes that the games have to offer (especially DPPt)....Other than that I say I hate the unknown. I see no use to collecting them all, but in Pearl I did catch most of them one day just because I was bored and had nothing better to do.

The snow in DPPt is annoying at times too. Especially once you venture into the deep parts. I have a love-hate relationship with this.

Hate pokemon that are ridiculously common. Like there isn't what, 500 pokemon to choose from? *rolls eyes*

Pokemon that fall into this category being Zubat, Tentacool, Geodude etc ...
    Oh I hate the tentacool I always run into in waters. It's especially common for me on the route from sunnyshore city to the pokemon league in DPPt. I'll be trying to train a weak pokemon with the trainers, put on repel, but the tentacool still come.....:(

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    So I was looking through my pokedex in SoulSilver for no particular reason and I looked up Rhyperior. It's entry is extremely WTF. I was like what?! Maybe everyone else knew this already, but this totally sounded strange to me.

Rhyperior's Entry: From the holes in its palms, it fires out Geodudes.

0.o;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I find it strange that Venonat is apparently covered in slime? It's so fluffy though, I just wanna hug it. Why can't I? :<

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hate: how often Bidoof/Zubat show up. I also didn't like the bike music in R/S/E.

Laughed at: none that I can remember

Found strange: why GameFreak decided not to make Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini not shiny during the first encounter.

Years
    PlatinumDude, why do you find it funny that they made them not shiny? Why would they make a legendary shiny the first time you encounter it?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    The Lass with the Jigglypuff that you fight on the route to Mt. Moon says "Eek, did you touch me?" when you fight her.

I laugh my ass off everytime I fight her. xD

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
    The Lass with the Jigglypuff that you fight on the route to Mt. Moon says "Eek, did you touch me?" when you fight her.

I laugh my ass off everytime I fight her. xD

That one's even more hilarious when she walks across the screen to get to you before you even get near her.

I find it strange (and sometimes annoying, if I'm cranky) that some NPCs have dialog that implies you're harassing them or bugging them to battle when in fact you only wish to get past them!

Though there is that one NPC in Johto who's on the phone and only battles you when you do actually specifically go bug her.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Hate:
    • Static, Poison Point, Effect Spore, Intimidate when half the wild Pokemon in an area have the ability
    • The Bike music in R/B/Y/FR/LG
    • The guy with 6 Magikarps
    • The guy in G/S/C/HG/SS with six Pikachus
    • Youngster Joey
    • The fact that Red in the Johto games is so easy to pulverize
    • The B/W girl trainer's fashion sense

LOL:
    • "Eek! Did you touch me?"
    • "Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

Strange:
    • Every time you re-challenge the Elite Four, somehow the old Champion has usurped the title without you noticing
    • How Ponyta are found inside Cinnabar Mansion. I thought horses only lived outdoors
    • Agatha's sprite in R/B/Y
    • That one Juggler amongst the Rockets and Scientists in Silph Co.
    • Why so many trainers in R/B/Y had whips. I can understand the Tamers, but not the female Cooltrainers and Rockets...

CHAZ The Cat

Come Charmander light my fire~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    Another thing that "grinds my gears":
    Wild Abra used Teleport.

or

Wild Suicune fled.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Hate:
    -Roaming legends
    -Bike music
    -Common pokemon (Tentacool, geodude, etc)
    -People saying your bothing them when they walk up to you
    -People with 6 of the same pokemon. *cough*magikarp*cough*
    -Shiny's...They always show up when im out of Balls and when i do get some balls they all disappear

Like: When Nintendo tries to modernize the dialouge "I got owned!" "A noob like you doesn't stand a chance against me"

-Naming your rival >: )
    -Non-roaming legendaries

Strange:
    -Chapion takes his/her title back without telling you

-Oak FORGOT HIS OWN GRNADSONS NAME!

-Oak can't tell if your a boy or girl...lol

-Bill doesn't want to be bothered yet he lives right above a major city...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Also, I find it peculiar that Chingling live in caves. That seems so random.
    Random as opposed to what? An equally arbitrary forest or ocean?
    Consider this: The high-frequency sounds they are said to make would help them navigate dark caves similarly to Zubat.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Caves with a high encounter rate bug me. I'm the type that likes to defeat every pokemon that crosses my path for bonus EXP, but I end up running out of PP on all my pokemon in caves. I only end up using repels. It seems very pointless to have such a high encounter rate of like, one every three to eight steps. Make it twenty or thirty steps and that would be more suitable.

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
    Random as opposed to what? An equally arbitrary forest or ocean?
    Consider this: The high-frequency sounds they are said to make would help them navigate dark caves similarly to Zubat.

Good point, I guess I was thinking of where I found Chimecho, which was outside in a grassland, so it didn't seem to match. Though actually if it had been in a forest I don't think I would have found it weird, because it's based on the Japanese temple bell, and traditional temples always make me think of little villages in forests.

Back