• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you miss from older games?

Cloyster93

who's gun is this rifle?
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    Graphics, i still prefer Crystal over Platinum etc.

The graphics in Crystal were a big leap from the first gen games, but the graphics in the third gen games are definitely my favourite. I much prefer them to the weird 3d stuff in the fourth gen games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    i miss the music and storyline concepts. in r/b/y and g/s/c the storyline wasnt focused entirely around the legendary of the game.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Honestly? The only things I miss are the telephone and style of graphics. Mostly though that's just nostalgia.

I agree. All previous battle systems were really bad!

They've only just got the phys/special seperated from move types in d/p
    so i don't miss the old ways!

Years
  • I miss the Bug Catching Contest cause they were just fun.

Transport like the Cable Car and the Train. They made the game a bit more real. I mean seriously, how far could a real person really cycle? :L

The S.S. Anne and it's descendant(s) [Cant remember how many there was] those levels were fun.

And when the rival was actually hardto beat. Now it's too easy D: in general the games are too easy.:L

I do miss the cable car! That was fun. Well of course when you get Fly you just get lazy and force your poor bird pokemon to take you all everywhere lol. I personally miss the cool battle frontier from Emerald. The one in Platinum is lame; they don't have that cool "randomized attacks" place or anything. The battle frontier from Emerald was really fun, and they let you use level 100 pokemon there.

I didn't know that they excluded that in Platinum, so when I took my level 100 party (it took a long time but I did it) they went down to level 50! I was very surprised and bummed.

EDIT: porygon-z has a really good point. Now with the new battle systems and special/physical attacks being more discernible, I don't get confused as much.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    I somehow miss the old graphics, but that's also just nostalgia (as someone said). I disagree with the mind set that the first generations were the best simply because they were first. I just hope that Gen V does not have hideous Pokemon....

OH YEAH! I DO HATE EVS/IVS training...it's such a bother and pretty much required if you want to battle with people online.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Secret Bases. Honestly, I really don't like these underground ones we got in the 4th gen. Going underwater/using Dive was a lot of fun as well :'D (..To Sootopolis! One of my favorite cities.)

Back