• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I would like to see it back...wonder why they didn't have in the original two versions if they made data for them...
    I figure they leave plenty of stuff out to include it in the 3rd version

Also im thinking since unova is different maybe they will do something different but similar to the battle frontier. now i know people say there is no need because of the battle subway, but there was a battle tower in the other games but they still did the frontier so you never know

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I figure they leave plenty of stuff out to include it in the 3rd version

Also im thinking since unova is different maybe they will do something different but similar to the battle frontier. now i know people say there is no need because of the battle subway, but there was a battle tower in the other games but they still did the frontier so you never know
    xD I and several others mentioned the addition of a possible Battle Ship and Battle Plane some time ago on this thread maybe they might add those to the Battle subway ;)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    i dunno do you guys rather the follow me feature to be exclusive to HG/SS? i think it would be cool to have an option to have it on or not. I mean almost all the legendary have overworld data in the game already and most non legendary pokemon has it to

I think that the follow feature will come back... idk why, I have no evidence I just really, really think it will come back for the third game of B/W ^.^ It was an incredibly awesome feature, and it is cool to see the over worlds of pokes I haven't seen the over world sprite for before. Especially the shinies. It would be really cool to see the 5th gen pokes, and we have already seen the over worlds for four of the gens so why not for gen 5? It would be a nice addition to the remake.

soϲks

da grovyle
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011

I think that the follow feature will come back... idk why, I have no evidence I just really, really think it will come back for the third game of B/W ^.^ It was an incredibly awesome feature, and it is cool to see the over worlds of pokes I haven't seen the over world sprite for before. Especially the shinies. It would be really cool to see the 5th gen pokes, and we have already seen the over worlds for four of the gens so why not for gen 5? It would be a nice addition to the remake.

I'd like to think so, but I don't think so, haha. It really was an incredibly awesome feature, but I honestly believe that it's not coming back, at least until we get to the remakes of this gen. They didn't introduce it in Platinum for DP, and I likewise don't think they'll introduce it in Grey or whatever this third version will be called.

And yeah, I hope we do something entirely different than the same Battle Frontier that we've had the past couple games. x__x

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I'd like to think so, but I don't think so, haha. It really was an incredibly awesome feature, but I honestly believe that it's not coming back, at least until we get to the remakes of this gen. They didn't introduce it in Platinum for DP, and I likewise don't think they'll introduce it in Grey or whatever this third version will be called.

And yeah, I hope we do something entirely different than the same Battle Frontier that we've had the past couple games. x__x

i dont know....i can see why they wouldnt introduce it in BW but maybe grey( as optional of course) but your probably right maybe they will just keep it as remake exclusive

King Gumball

Years

That is what I was originally thinking, but then again they didn't add the follow feature was added after the release of Platinum. So in other words we are still yet to know if this is HG/SS exclusive, remake exclusive or will com back in the third game for some 5th gen over worlds. I think you could be right however. But I hope not XD

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    well i figure they wanted to work out all the bugs in BW before they introduced it to the 5th gen

King Gumball

Years
    well i figure they wanted to work out all the bugs in BW before they introduced it to the 5th gen

Yeah but also I think they didn't want to add all the cool features in straight away, and want to still be able to add some nice stuff in the remake. Maybe to get sales up but also to make it different and more exciting than B/W . That is probably why gym rematches weren't added. Id expect a lot of missing things to come back in the third game.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Yeah but also I think they didn't want to add all the cool features in straight away, and want to still be able to add some nice stuff in the remake. Maybe to get sales up but also to make it different and more exciting than B/W . That is probably why gym rematches weren't added. Id expect a lot of missing things to come back in the third game.
    yea i agree 100 percent. I mean there nothing really they CANT add to the game is now what they choose too. But i cant wait to see what new features are in the 3rd version is. Maybe something to add on to the dream world? But i really want new charecters. I know theres a hack for HG/SS that lets you fight sinnoh gym leaders and cyrus with dialuge and everything and its done pretty well i pretty much want to fight some(not all) gym leaders from previouse regions

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    Am I the only one who's hoping they don't put the follow-me feature back in? I didn't mind it at first but it got a little annoying, if it was optional I'd quite like that though :) Yes I'm picky I know..

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    Am I the only one who's hoping they don't put the follow-me feature back in? I didn't mind it at first but it got a little annoying, if it was optional I'd quite like that though :) Yes I'm picky I know..
    Optional is better but I don't think it's going to be in the third game maybe in the remakes of R/S...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    i dunno do you guys rather the follow me feature to be exclusive to HG/SS? i think it would be cool to have an option to have it on or not. I mean almost all the legendary have overworld data in the game already and most non legendary pokemon has it to

This is wrong.

There are about 9 regular Pokémon with overworld sprites, and half of the Legendary Pokémon only have front-facing sprites.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
    Theab95 said:
    Optional is better but I don't think it's going to be in the third game maybe in the remakes of R/S.

Having a Pokémon follow you is not remake exclusive, it originated in Yellow. In all places but Japan, Yellow was the third game. (JP Blue was the third game there, Yellow was just to buy them time between JP Blue and Gold and Silver. But the rest of the story should be saved for another thread.)

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    This is wrong.

There are about 9 regular Pokémon with overworld sprites, and half of the Legendary Pokémon only have front-facing sprites.

Doesnt the dream world pokemon count? If im not mistaken all the pokemon from there have overworld sprits

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Doesnt the dream world pokemon count? If im not mistaken all the pokemon from there have overworld sprits

Gen V Pokémon don't show up in the Dream World and Entralink Forest.

The only Pokémon with overworld sprites are like 18 Gen V Pokémon used in cutscenes and events, and all the old Pokémon sprites drawn for HGSS, which are used for the Dream World.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Gen V Pokémon don't show up in the Dream World and Entralink Forest.

The only Pokémon with overworld sprites are like 18 Gen V Pokémon used in cutscenes and events, and all the old Pokémon sprites drawn for HGSS, which are used for the Dream World.

well i figure the hard part of having overworld sprites would be the 494 pokemon from the previouse gen but since they got that outa of the the remaing 150 plus pokemon shouldnt be to hard right

Here we have the problem that if they plan too many features to be in the third game, then B/W would feel kind of stripped down. If they plan too few, there wouldn't be enough differentiating the third version.

I remember that Emerald was the first Generation III game that I played, and then I moved onto R/S, and it was extremely weird reading that reviews for Emerald were significantly lower than those of R/S when I thought that R/S seemed extremely "stripped down".

I kinda agree, but isnt that kinda good? once ive played yellow, crystal, emerald, and platinume it was kinda hard to play there conuterparts but im glad they changed what they did. I figure B/W got a perfect score i dare them to do better i wish when the 3rd version comes out it will make B/w feel stiped down like an unattended bently in compton at night lol

was pokemon rainbow considered? since black can be no color (light) and every color and so can white, i think pkmn rainbow would be fair.

Thats pretty true but we are kinda in unexplored terrotory when it comes to naming games this gen

the other gens were just colors, gems and metals that kinda went together, but with black and white the colors seem to be more intune with the story. Now if it were rainbow how would you include it in the story? i actualy dont mind rainbow you know, its just to bad gen 5 doesnt have a pokemon like mew to be on the cover

Last edited:
    Years
    that's what i thought, that ice dragon beast doesn't fit pokemon rainbow. heh i think they could totally fit a rainbow in the story line, since they totally focus on bridges in this games. i want to walk on rainbow road. heheh use victini as mascot, or even mew, i don't care. =D

EDIT: oh, keldeo could be the mascot also <3 can they turn an event pkmn into mascot, right? or melloetta, like both forms together. i always count them as two pkmn and forget it's one with two forms. OH and the cover should change between the two forms depending on how you look at it <3 i should be making the games. hahaha

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back