• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I just had an idea as far as something that might be revealed about Kyurem's relation to Reshiram and Zekrom. According to this page, Kyurem represents wuji, the absence of yin and yang, whereas Reshiram and Zekrom represent yin and yang respectively. What I believe will be revealed is that Kyurem is the empty shell of the Dragon Pokemon that Reshiram and Zekrom once were while they were still one Pokemon. This would also justify the fact that Kyurem is Ice-type, a frozen shell of what Reshiram and Zekrom once were. The aforementioned page also speculates that Kyurem's icy body may represent the concept of absolute zero, and the absence of energy.

Uhm, I think just about everbody already knew this...?

Also, why wouldn't the games be able to communicate if tehe third was made for the 3DS? Can the 3DS not communicate with older DS's or something?

I think it will be Kyurem. Sure, their are other things that could make sense, but Kyurem makes the most sene, especially since we have yet to see its other form. That doesn't mean that they can't give some of the lesser legendaries larger roles in the storyline, like Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion.

I doubt that they'll expand the pokedex, and if they did, i'd scream at them...or at least at the game. Doesn't make a difference, as long as I get to scream.

Though, there are maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany possibilities, and seeing as GameFreak can seem a little cray at times, who knows?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Kyuremu probally and Grey/Gray(depending on your regional area)
    and the story of how he came via the meteor of someting(or you witness it)
    and probally some gym leaders (1st 3 triplets) fight together and the iris and that guy together and a slightly more challenging victory road and league -_- (they suckeded)

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    they should name it pokemon shade, because no one would expect it... lol but yeah kyurem is probably gunna be the main. but i think zek/reshiram will be in version exclusive areas (city and forest) and there will be a new area called grey mountains or something like that.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe they will add a place called grey town which would be like a small city but with plants and forest growing around it and maybe even some plants on the roofs of the buildings (like those green buildings with gardens on top).

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I do not care much about the name of the version, but I would like Kyurem to be the mascot of the third game, if it gets to see the light someday.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    There should definitely be plane riding in the third game. At least a cutscene. D; They could incorporate that in a few ways that I can think of offhand:

1. Before you go to the Celestial Tower, you meet Skyla and she says she noticed a sick Pokemon on her last flight. They could incorporate it there by having the dialogue change and have her offer to give the main character a quick plane flight, since they've probably never ridden a plane before, and see the sick Pokemon there.
    2. The other option is that the plane ride is somewhat like a reward for beating Skyla. That would be a great opportunity for them to get a good image of Twist Mountain, which would probably look pretty epic with the graphics they have going now.

Of course, it would also be nice if the plane took you somewhere and you could use it at will for the pretty cutscene, but that's probably not even close to happening. xD; They could leave it as an option by talking to someone on the runway to see the cutscene again. Orrrr afterwards they could have 3 or 4 different routes you can take to mix it up. That's asking a bit much though :3

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    I think this is very possible to happen, that we can battle 3 different trainers
    in triple or rotation battle like emerald.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    There should definitely be plane riding in the third game. At least a cutscene. D; They could incorporate that in a few ways that I can think of offhand:

1. Before you go to the Celestial Tower, you meet Skyla and she says she noticed a sick Pokemon on her last flight. They could incorporate it there by having the dialogue change and have her offer to give the main character a quick plane flight, since they've probably never ridden a plane before, and see the sick Pokemon there.
    2. The other option is that the plane ride is somewhat like a reward for beating Skyla. That would be a great opportunity for them to get a good image of Twist Mountain, which would probably look pretty epic with the graphics they have going now.

Of course, it would also be nice if the plane took you somewhere and you could use it at will for the pretty cutscene, but that's probably not even close to happening. xD; They could leave it as an option by talking to someone on the runway to see the cutscene again. Orrrr afterwards they could have 3 or 4 different routes you can take to mix it up. That's asking a bit much though :3

idc if I encouraged you to post this, it's still an awesome idea. With the Royal Unova existing, well, "you need a plane or a boat to get to Unova", yeaaah, with an entire airstrip, you'd think you would be able to do something. But yeah, I agree entirely with this idea and it's something I think the third game will probably do because hey, everyone loves what the Royal Unova looks like, and a version of that in the sky? Amaazing.

I think number 2 is probably the most likely, otherwise people will be saying "Olivine City ripoff!!!" :(

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Unova is too small for some people.. Seriously, they should add another city or island or something in the third game to expand post-game activities. All I do now is breed, battle, breed, battle, dream world...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    idc if I encouraged you to post this, it's still an awesome idea. With the Royal Unova existing, well, "you need a plane or a boat to get to Unova", yeaaah, with an entire airstrip, you'd think you would be able to do something. But yeah, I agree entirely with this idea and it's something I think the third game will probably do because hey, everyone loves what the Royal Unova looks like, and a version of that in the sky? Amaazing.

I think number 2 is probably the most likely, otherwise people will be saying "Olivine City ripoff!!!" :(

The plane flight would be really awesome if they decided to incorporated it. Plus it makes a lot of sense, and that's how Ash got to Unova in the anime. But, until they make a game with every single region in it, I don't think that will happen.

And why would they think that it's an Olivine City rip off? Jasmine never gave you a plane ride X3 If you mean the sick pokemon thing, that's already in BW...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I want to post something to get more discussion going, like that plane idea...

Apart from my idea that the Amusement Park in Nimbasa City should have mini-games like Bumper Cars or Toss the Ring etc, to get us points like the Game Corner did, though since TMs aren't trade-able it's a tad pointless, I think we should be able to view or participate in each Gym Leader's job.

What I mean is, take a turn at waitering in the Straiton Gym, see a Fashion House Elesa models at, help Clay, or Lenora even, in digging up stuff etc. To give us extra things to do in the game and make us understand what the Gym Leaders do even more. To makes thing fun, we can even upload scores online to see the Leader board with Gamesync.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I want to post something to get more discussion going, like that plane idea...

Apart from my idea that the Amusement Park in Nimbasa City should have mini-games like Bumper Cars or Toss the Ring etc, to get us points like the Game Corner did, though since TMs aren't trade-able it's a tad pointless, I think we should be able to view or participate in each Gym Leader's job.

What I mean is, take a turn at waitering in the Straiton Gym, see a Fashion House Elesa models at, help Clay, or Lenora even, in digging up stuff etc. To give us extra things to do in the game and make us understand what the Gym Leaders do even more. To makes thing fun, we can even upload scores online to see the Leader board with Gamesync.

Yeah, I agree with this. My friend told me before, that in Diamond, you could become a Gym Leader, and I was so excited!! Except when I found out it was fake. I was thinking, they should have a meaning to being a Champion. Like helping Gym Leaders like Bluerang said. Or maybe there's some city where there's a problem. I dunno, but make being a Champion have actual meaning.

Also, I was thinking, maybe a Rival or Gym Leader could have a nickname for their pokes. Just something a little extra to show a bond.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    ^Yes I agree, we need responsibilities ad Champion. Though in Sinnoh, we got access to the Battleground, like a Gym Leader exclusive club xD And nicknames, I really want NPCs to have nicknames, makes battles harder =3

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    I think it should be called Pokémon Iron (or steel), it would suit team Plasma's clothing style :). If there were any new features, they would most likely be:
    -The gym leader sprites would be animated
    -The battle subway would have a frontier facility at the end of each line, and you had the choice to battle on the train or not (The battle subway itself would be the battle tower).
    -The player can get on a plane at Mistralton City and fly somewhere (A secret island where Keldeo lives perhaps?)
    -Iris and Drayden would be fought together.
    -Team Plasma's Castle would be located in the Giant Chasm.
    -Opelucid City would be half and half, shaped like the Yin-Yang (and there would be a small park in the modern side and a small factory in the old side to represent the dots).
    -White Forest/Black City would be replaced with Silver Street (a modern, black motorway that goes over a pleasant, white forest - both of which can be explored. It also connects to Route 4)
    -Hilda/Hilbert can be battled at some point in the game.
    -The Pokémon Musical would be more interactive.
    -Kyurem would be the mascot.
    -Nimbasa City's 'amusement park' would be a real amusement park (bigger with more rides)
    -Route 19 and 20 would connect to the Entralink.

Aslo, adding an extra town somewhere wouldn't hurt. There are a severe lack of explorable areas in Black and White. Too much of a set path and organised layout.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    I would like to see Nimbasa's amusement park bigger and have a shop that
    sell special items there.

Last edited:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Maybe, as like some kind of post-game mini-game, you could actually ride the planes in Mistralton City, or maybe you load them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back