• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    For the 3ds i want downloadable events kind like mini expansion packs, but im not sure how that will work

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Wellim not suggesting not have rematches, but rather implement them using an upgraded live caster. Imagine what the poke gear was but add video to it.

And also on the subject of rebattling people i would have it like this
    1. find the Unova gym leaders and do a short quest with them( for example for dento help him find berries for his food place, for aloe help her find some fossils or artifacts. of course there will be some battling in there) then they could give you there number and call them on certain days for a battle.
    That would be a nice side quest. I guess you can say that they gave us a little taste of gym leader hunting in Heartgold and Soulsilver; getting their numbers were a challenge.

2. Have other gym leaders and people from other regions be at a battle cafe like in paltinum and be able to battle different people every day.
    Bring some johto people back :D I would love to see Falkner visit Furou and battle you

3. since your the champion i would like to have some recognition from people ant the eliet four, so instead of going thru the pokemon leauge like they never heard of you, you should have the option to call and host tournaments and invite people( kinda like a party in the sims 3 lol) so you can fight the eliet four and they could say something like oh man you beat me again i gotta train harder.
    Lol they tried to give us credit in Firered/Leafgreen and Emerald, but it didnt really sink in. I wish they would acknowledge that we seriously kicked their butts over 9000 times 8D

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I do wish however they would make your relationship with your pokemon more part of the game. Maybe like how they have the dream world you can have a pokemon ranch type of thing where you can play with your pokemon, like brush its hair feed it and stuff like that and it would increase how your pokemon preforms in battle like it could increase the number of critical hits or make it more evasive basicly just make it try harder in battle because it really loves you lol. Also redo the TM traning . Instead of your pokemon just magicaly learning the move have a short mini game using the touch screen so it can learn a move by practicing, so pretty much make the TM a guide or a how to learn a move type thing.

What do you guys think

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Some of your ideas I think would fit better with the sixth gen than with the third version to BW as the TM learning idea seems to fit better with a new gen.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Some of your ideas I think would fit better with the sixth gen than with the third version to BW as the TM learning idea seems to fit better with a new gen.

Mhm agreed. :x

Anyway, I like the idea of bringing back older people from other games, and if B/W is anything to go by, I can see that happpening even more so in the third game. Considering Kyurem is ice, bring in Pryce, the ice expert?

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I know most people are gonna hate this but i think Team Rocket can make an appearance in the 3rd game based on the arc thats coming up. This was the case with Looker. I know some may say look at hunter J and she wasnt in the game but team rocket and plasma have a straight up gang war in the middle of the city. Im not saying having rocket in the whole story but have them towards the desert part. what do you guys think do you hate. By hate it i mean if this were to happen you would not buy the third version.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I know most people are gonna hate this but i think Team Rocket can make an appearance in the 3rd game based on the arc thats coming up. This was the case with Looker. I know some may say look at hunter J and she wasnt in the game but team rocket and plasma have a straight up gang war in the middle of the city. Im not saying having rocket in the whole story but have them towards the desert part. what do you guys think do you hate. By hate it i mean if this were to happen you would not buy the third version.

It's...likely, actually. :x Mainly cause of the guy from Kanto in HGSS/etc actually comes from Unova. The rest of Team Rocket could come to recruit him back, but I really don't see how that can relate back to the main storyline.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    After being soundly defeated and a pathetic attempt to rise up again (Culminating in yet another defeat) I'm pretty sure Team Rocket is gone.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years

This happens in the anime, remember the game doesn't usually follow the anime, (Except Yellow but that was special) I highly doubt Team Rocket would appear in this game; they've had there games, let Team Plasma have the reign.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021

This happens in the anime, remember the game doesn't usually follow the anime, (Except Yellow but that was special) I highly doubt Team Rocket would appear in this game; they've had there games, let Team Plasma have the reign.

I know that, but looker was added to platinum to go with the anime. And really besides Knato and johto team rocket has really only been The 3. But in best wishes giovanni and a army of team rocket comes and do battle with team plasma, IDK about you but i would like that to be included in the third game.

Actually i looked it up and i was wrong platinum came out before looker appeared in the anime

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Pokémon Black and White has been stated a few times to be a 'Fresh Start' for Pokémon games, hence why you cannot obtain any old Pokémon until the player gets the National Dex.

Sure, there's some cameos throughout the game from older characters, but there's nothing on such a grand scale as a group from earlier games becoming entwined in game's the story.

MrGriszell said:
    But in best wishes giovanni and a army of team rocket comes and do battle with team plasma, IDK about you but i would like that to be included in the third game.

Giovanni's gone. He isn't coming back in any role involved with Team Rocket.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Pokémon Black and White has been stated a few times to be a 'Fresh Start' for Pokémon games, hence why you cannot obtain any old Pokémon until the player gets the National Dex.

Sure, there's some cameos throughout the game from older characters, but there's nothing on such a grand scale as a group from earlier games becoming entwined in game's the story.

Giovanni's gone. He isn't coming back in any role involved with Team Rocket.

You cant be sure of that. Besides if anything it could be an event that takes place after you get the national dex

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Well unlike other teams team rocket could be every where. For example Team Aqua and magmas goal required them to be in Hoen, the same is true of team glatic. Team rocket however there goal is actually to take over the world using pokemon, so why wouldn't they be in unova

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Because they've shown to be in a shambles twice already (Sevii Isles and the events of Gold & Silver) and their supposed leader got soundly beaten twice by kids.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Agreed. I would feel a little betrayed if Team Rocket were to show up pre-national dex. Post-national dex? Maybe, but there is a slim chance, very slim.

Maybe we could have a researcher, or a scientist that worked for Team Rocket to come visit Unova and battle you (that one scientist from FR/LG in the Rocket Warehouse that "mentions" the red-head), I will accept that.

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years
    Hmm I too think that if there is any Team Rocket integration, it should at least occur after obtaining the National Dex.

On a different subject (that has probably been suggested before), I would like to see the third game show the in-battle weather constantly. I mean when someone uses Rain Dance or Sunny Day, the weather visual effects should be constantly visible throughout the battle, not just once for 2 seconds in between turns. I think that it would be visually cool, but also make the battles go faster. You wouldn't have to wait for the game to tell you that "rain continues to fall" and then show you that the rain is indeed still falling...

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Hmm I too think that if there is any Team Rocket integration, it should at least occur after obtaining the National Dex.

On a different subject (that has probably been suggested before), I would like to see the third game show the in-battle weather constantly. I mean when someone uses Rain Dance or Sunny Day, the weather visual effects should be constantly visible throughout the battle, not just once for 2 seconds in between turns. I think that it would be visually cool, but also make the battles go faster. You wouldn't have to wait for the game to tell you that "rain continues to fall" and then show you that the rain is indeed still falling...

I like the idea as long it doesnt say " the rain continues" after each turn lol

sorry i should read the comment fully befor posting

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I would love for that to happen. If mystery dungeon was able to do it, then the main RPGs should to.

Didnt they add in a rainbow weather effect into Black and White? If I remember right (correct me if Im wrong) a rainbow text appeared on the C-gear. I would like to see some rainbows during battle, and out of battle. And to add on to the rain weather, thunder gets a 100% accuracy rate when its raining, so Thunder should get a custom animation just for that condition.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I would love for that to happen. If mystery dungeon was able to do it, then the main RPGs should to.

Didnt they add in a rainbow weather effect into Black and White? If I remember right (correct me if Im wrong) a rainbow text appeared on the C-gear. I would like to see some rainbows during battle, and out of battle. And to add on to the rain weather, thunder gets a 100% accuracy rate when its raining, so Thunder should get a custom animation just for that condition.

Post dex this would be cool to get pokemon like mew, kinda like the palying level in pokemon snap

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back