• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years

This one I could go with. I also know that Yellow is because of Pikachu (I mean, pretty much every game has a color related to the legendary).

This has about a .001% chance of being true. If you don't have a source for it, this is just baseless speculation that makes no sense when you think about it.

Losing its coloration isn't a 'power'. Ruby and Sapphire make sense as far as they're red and blue, which are obvious opposites and there's the precedent of Red and Blue before. Amber purifies and cleanses the whole being. Amethyst heightens your psychic powers. Garnet increases the success in business and monetary matters. Jade draws love, prosperity, and healing. Tanzanite links the mind with the heart. Do you get what I'm saying? Every gem has some "power" that a spiritual healer will make up to make you feel better. Saying they have powers isn't a connection whatsoever.

This I can get behind. I could definitely see turquoise being the name. Although they did copyright a lot of different shades of red a while back - Crimson, Vermilion, and two spellings of Scarlet. That could mean something...

To be honest, I have no solid proofs about the second or the third generation's game names. :D I admit it, but there are something atleast.

https://www.scienceofcorrespondences.com/gold-and-silver.htm

For me, it makes a bit sense and if there's a .001% chance that my theory is atleast towards the right way that simply means, there is a logic behind these names. :P

And just to make sure, I'm not saying that my theories would be correct or anything, just pointing out how I see the names being connected and that there is a reason why those names are like that.

...hmmn, have to admit that sounds very weird but it is true that they do that simply to protect their possible product like The 100 Mega Shot pointed out. In any case if the name wouldn't be Turquoise etc. I hardly can imagine the game developers going as simple as naming the game Grey. From the shades of red I'd say Scarlet sounds perhaps the most suitable. Vermilion might be confused very easily with Vermilion city and as for me, Scarlet sounds a bit medieval and remember how Team Plasma's grunts look like?

Last edited:
    Years
    I think the name will be Gray/Grey/however you want to spell it.

Here's a couple of ideas about the system compatibility.

Idea 1:

Code:
    --------------------------
    |Gen|Game| Compatibility |
    |---|----|---------------|
    |   |R/B |    GB only    |
    | I |----|---------------|
    |   | Y  | GBC enhanced  |
    |   |B/W | DSi enhanced  |
    | V |----|---------------|
    |   | G  | 3DS enhanced  |
    Idea 2:

Code:
    |Gen|Game| Compatibility |
    |   |G/S | GBC enhanced  |
    |II |----|---------------|
    |   | C  |   GBC only    |
    |   |B/W | DSi enhanced  |
    | V |----|---------------|
    |   | G  |   3DS only    |

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Make it 3DS only. With the price drop of the 3DS there is no excuse to not put the third game on the 3ds. Personaly i think it would be stupid to wait till the 6th generation. Put the 3rd game and the remakes on the 3DS and by that time all the bugs will be worked out( if there is any) and we can have a solid 6th gen looking crisp on the 3ds

Years
    It's unlikely that the almost-inevitable third game will be "for 3DS", either exclusively or as enhancement. However, Nintendo's feeling the need to make the 3DS look a lot better, and you can bet they're pleading Game Freak to get on with a 3DS Generation VI... even now. Unfortunately, as rushed out as Black and White seemed to be, the next gen will probably be thrown together even more quickly. Thankfully, holding them back is the creation of over 750 Pokemon images in what could only sensibly be 3D models, so the game designers will have a few chances to actually think about new elements and scripted content.

Couple of years until a 3DS Generation VI. Tops.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    It's unlikely that the almost-inevitable third game will be "for 3DS", either exclusively or as enhancement. However, Nintendo's feeling the need to make the 3DS look a lot better, and you can bet they're pleading Game Freak to get on with a 3DS Generation VI... even now. Unfortunately, as rushed out as Black and White seemed to be, the next gen will probably be thrown together even more quickly. Thankfully, holding them back is the creation of over 750 Pokemon images in what could only sensibly be 3D models, so the game designers will have a few chances to actually think about new elements and scripted content.

Couple of years until a 3DS Generation VI. Tops.

I see no reason why generation 6 wont come out in the normal pokemon patern.
    2010 B/W
    2012 Remakes/THird game
    2013Third game/Remakes
    2014Generation 6.

But notice this, in the 3rd generation it goes
    R/S 2002
    FR/LG 2004 Jan
    E 2004 Sept

So maybe we will get the remakes early in 2012 and a third game later so they will have more time to work on the 6th gen( but i think if we were going to get a game early 2012 we woulda heard about by now. So my bet is that a game will be announced early 2012

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Thankfully, holding them back is the creation of over 750 Pokemon images in what could only sensibly be 3D models, so the game designers will have a few chances to actually think about new elements and scripted content..

You mean like 750 minus the 156 made for Pokédex 3D minus the 107 made for Pokémon Battle Revolution minus any of the retouched models made for Poképark Wii minus any of the graphics made for Pokémon Battrio, right? Creatures, Inc. probably have even more models that have been revamped to a consistent quality level by now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    ok everyone, kyurem IS THE 3RD MASCOT AS IT IS THE 3RD DRAGON!!!

Make it 3DS only. With the price drop of the 3DS there is no excuse to not put the third game on the 3ds. Personaly i think it would be stupid to wait till the 6th generation. Put the 3rd game and the remakes on the 3DS and by that time all the bugs will be worked out( if there is any) and we can have a solid 6th gen looking crisp on the 3ds

It has been announced by nintendo that the rest of 5th geberation will br for all ds' as there hasnt been a generation that has 2 consoles for the 5 games. (not including stadium series and shadow pokemon series)

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    ok everyone, kyurem IS THE 3RD MASCOT AS IT IS THE 3RD DRAGON!!!

It has been announced by nintendo that the rest of 5th geberation will br for all ds' as there hasnt been a generation that has 2 consoles for the 5 games. (not including stadium series and shadow pokemon series)

Where exactly did you hear this, and did you forget about pokemon Crystal? And you forget that there hasnt been 2 consoles out at the same time in a pokemon generation except 2. Hmmm they did it before why not again.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    (Probably has been mentioned before, but I'm not gonna check all 80 or so pages) I think Pokémon Chrome would be a good name, or Titanium. At least not Grey, since that is just too obvious, and the third game names have always been metals or gems or stones, or w/e. I think Kyurem will be the mascot, naturally, since almost all times it's been the third legendary (Rayquaza, Giratina, just examples). Also, his colour is grey-ish, so probably him.

I totally support the idea of a triple- or rotation battle in the first gym, since I haven't really seen that feature happen many times yet, and a double battle in the last. It would really make it a lot more challenging, and it's not like they haven't done it before (Tate and Liza). I also hope they are going to do something else with the Musical, or adjust it a bit, just like they did with the contests in Emerald, because I really don't like how they are right now, I think the idea is good, but the execution is not really that good, they could do a lot better with it.

Last edited:

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    I see no reason why generation 6 wont come out in the normal pokemon patern.
    2010 B/W
    2012 Remakes/THird game
    2013Third game/Remakes
    2014Generation 6.

But notice this, in the 3rd generation it goes
    R/S 2002
    FR/LG 2004 Jan
    E 2004 Sept

So maybe we will get the remakes early in 2012 and a third game later so they will have more time to work on the 6th gen( but i think if we were going to get a game early 2012 we woulda heard about by now. So my bet is that a game will be announced early 2012
    If they are going to release a new game in January like FR/LG they should
    announce it by anytime this month, since they release a new game after 4-5 months from the announcement.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    (Probably has been mentioned before, but I'm not gonna check all 80 or so pages) I think Pokémon Chrome would be a good name, or Titanium. At least not Grey, since that is just too obvious, and the third game names have always been metals or gems or stones, or w/e. I think Kyurem will be the mascot, naturally, since almost all times it's been the third legendary (Rayquaza, Giratina, just examples). Also, his colour is grey-ish, so probably him.

I totally support the idea of a triple- or rotation battle in the first gym, since I haven't really seen that feature happen many times yet, and a double battle in the last. It would really make it a lot more challenging, and it's not like they haven't done it before (Tate and Liza). I also hope they are going to do something else with the Musical, or adjust it a bit, just like they did with the contests in Emerald, because I really don't like how they are right now, I think the idea is good, but the execution is not really that good, they could do a lot better with it.
    Yellow is a stone and or metal? I just hope they use more of triple and rotation battles through out the game cause I swear there was 3-4 through out the whole game excluding Battle Subway. As far as the musical go they could do anything too it and I still wouldn't want to take part in it. But for the ones that did like it or was somewhat interested I hope they improve upon it, because I have heard little good of it.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Yellow is a stone and or metal? I just hope they use more of triple and rotation battles through out the game cause I swear there was 3-4 through out the whole game excluding Battle Subway. As far as the musical go they could do anything too it and I still wouldn't want to take part in it. But for the ones that did like it or was somewhat interested I hope they improve upon it, because I have heard little good of it.
    Well yeah, except for Yellow, but I put examples so I think that was pretty clear. 'Grey' just sounds plain, boring and obvious to me, I think they are capable of coming up with something much better.

Years
    If they make a remake I would love more places to train and the higher levels on trainers the more you battle them. In black and white I was a bit sad when I first discovered that there was no VS seeker, so I hope that comes in the remake. It would also be cool to meet N again (if they have pretty much the same storyline), maybe even rebattle him. I hope we never get to battle the shadow triad, because then they will lose the mystical thing about them, but in a same way it would be awesome!

The mascot should be, I think, Kyurem. Since he is more like Zekrom and Reshiram.
    When it comes to the name I have no idea... 'Grey' sounds a bit boring, but my imagination is not good enough to find another suggestion. Maybe do something new and have a gem as the third instead as color?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Im guessing that remakes will come out in march or early april because usually pokemon in the main series come out during this time. Then the 3rd game of gen 5 will cone out in september to early october. At least this what i think.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    One thing I definitely want to see in the remakes: Rematch gym leaders in the post-game. That is, except the Striaton Gym, since I believe they are the Shadow Triad, and that will probably be revealed in Grey. Here are some speculated rematch teams I'd like:

Lenora: Stoutland; Watchog; Tauros; Blissey; Girafarig; Snorlax

Burgh: Crustle; Scolipede; Leavanny; Volcarona; Yanmega; Heracross

Elesa: Emolga; Eelektross; Zebstrika; Raichu; Lanturn; Electivire

Clay: Krookodile; Seismitoad; Excadrill; Hippowdon; Claydol; Torterra

Skyla: Swoobat; Unfezant; Swanna; Togekiss; Crobat; Honchkrow

Brycen: Vanilluxe; Cryogonal; Beartic; Mamoswine; Froslass; Lapras

Drayden/Iris: Haxorus; Druddigon; Hydreigon; Dragonite; Garchomp; Salamence

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    One thing I definitely want to see in the remakes: Rematch gym leaders in the post-game. That is, except the Striaton Gym, since I believe they are the Shadow Triad, and that will probably be revealed in Grey. Here are some speculated rematch teams I'd like:

Lenora: Stoutland; Watchog; Tauros; Blissey; Girafarig; Snorlax

Burgh: Crustle; Scolipede; Leavanny; Volcarona; Yanmega; Heracross

Elesa: Emolga; Eelektross; Zebstrika; Raichu; Lanturn; Electivire

Clay: Krookodile; Seismitoad; Excadrill; Hippowdon; Claydol; Torterra

Skyla: Swoobat; Unfezant; Swanna; Togekiss; Crobat; Honchkrow

Brycen: Vanilluxe; Cryogonal; Beartic; Mamoswine; Froslass; Lapras

Drayden/Iris: Haxorus; Druddigon; Hydreigon; Dragonite; Garchomp; Salamence

What makes you think they are the shadow triad?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    What makes you think they are the shadow triad?

There are several reasons:

1. They were the only gym leaders to not show up at N's Castle.
    2. They are the only gym leaders that never did anything prior against Team Plasma.
    3. Bianca says she couldn't get to the Striaton Gym Leaders in time to tell them to come to N's Castle. Awfully convenient, isn't it?
    4. Look at this comparison between their masks and the faces of the elemental monkeys:
    Spoiler:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021

There are several reasons:

1. They were the only gym leaders to not show up at N's Castle.
    2. They are the only gym leaders that never did anything prior against Team Plasma.
    3. Bianca says she couldn't get to the Striaton Gym Leaders in time to tell them to come to N's Castle. Awfully convenient, isn't it?
    4. Look at this comparison between their masks and the faces of the elemental monkeys:
    Spoiler:

Hmm even tho im not convinced , that would be an amazing plot twist for the third game( not to mention the anime)

Actually after looking at the mask i take it back. I think your on to something

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Hmm even tho im not convinced , that would be an amazing plot twist for the third game( not to mention the anime)

I'm not saying I know for sure they're the Shadow Triad; there's just a lot of evidence that suggests it. It would be really cool if they did turn out to be the Shadow Triad though. And about the anime, that would be quite a twist for Cilan to betray Ash and Iris.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021

I'm not saying I know for sure they're the Shadow Triad; there's just a lot of evidence that suggests it. It would be really cool if they did turn out to be the Shadow Triad though. And about the anime, that would be quite a twist for Cilan to betray Ash and Iris.

Well i didnt look at the mask you mention, but after seeing it id say theres a 80% chance your right. Lol or maybe there related to the gym leaders lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back