• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I expect the game to be announce early this upcoming spring if it's to come out in 2012 seeing as most poke games have been anounced in spring and released in fall in Japan.
    I think Terror mountain might play a bigger part...maybe it's Kyurem's new place before being able to go to the Chasm seeing as it's called terror mountain and is a bit of a chasm itself...plus it's near the dragon's tower and has connections with ice (having the ice rock).
    So the added plot is you go to the tower N gets reshiram's orb
    you go looking for zekrom's stone like you did in white only to have team plasma snatch it from the museum. The proffesor or Aloe tells you there's a third stone but no one has found it. Clay calls tells you that it might be in terror mountain so you return there once more...

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • I think the plot before the e4 will stay the same, with the exception that the player will catch Kyurem, and Reshiram and Zekrom will be caught by N. I think the biggest difference in pokemon grey (or whatever) will be the story post e4. I kinda think that there'll be a new island you can visit in the post game once you find all the plasma sages. The wierd black boat in Castelia should be able to take you to the island, where you'll find N and Ghestis. N would then probably release Reshiram and Zekrom, and you'd be able to catch them.
    Just my opinion.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • I think the plot before the e4 will stay the same, with the exception that the player will catch Kyurem, and Reshiram and Zekrom will be caught by N. I think the biggest difference in pokemon grey (or whatever) will be the story post e4. I kinda think that there'll be a new island you can visit in the post game once you find all the plasma sages. The wierd black boat in Castelia should be able to take you to the island, where you'll find N and Ghestis. N would then probably release Reshiram and Zekrom, and you'd be able to catch them.
    Just my opinion.
    I like your idea, It actually might happen.

Vectron

New Account=Faolan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2011
    I think the plot before the e4 will stay the same, with the exception that the player will catch Kyurem, and Reshiram and Zekrom will be caught by N. I think the biggest difference in pokemon grey (or whatever) will be the story post e4. I kinda think that there'll be a new island you can visit in the post game once you find all the plasma sages. The wierd black boat in Castelia should be able to take you to the island, where you'll find N and Ghestis. N would then probably release Reshiram and Zekrom, and you'd be able to catch them.
    Just my opinion.
    Nice prediction, probably the best.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I think the plot before the e4 will stay the same, with the exception that the player will catch Kyurem, and Reshiram and Zekrom will be caught by N. I think the biggest difference in pokemon grey (or whatever) will be the story post e4. I kinda think that there'll be a new island you can visit in the post game once you find all the plasma sages. The wierd black boat in Castelia should be able to take you to the island, where you'll find N and Ghestis. N would then probably release Reshiram and Zekrom, and you'd be able to catch them.
    Just my opinion.
    Good good. But why cant anyone open there minds to the fact that there may not be a 2 vs 1 sceneario? I mean it works perfectly in B/W. I Kyruem isnt that strong, even if he gets a new form he may be stronger than the two dragons one on one but its hard to believe he can take both of them at the same time.

Maybe the change will be in a massive expansion in the post story involving kyurem.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I say it will be released in the Fall of 2012 in Japan since usually 3d installments in the games are usually released 2 years after the first 2 installments.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Unrelated to release dates, but theory formed from Marvelous Bridge thread:
    Basically what I was thinking was if Kyurem was the mascot etc, it goes rampant in the eastern side of Unova and destroys things. See that cliff in the route after Lacunosa, yeah? Imagine that Kyurem freezes the side of it so you can slide down and around, and explore a whole new area or something. Then once you walk past Village Bridge and stuff, it freezes the water there, and suddenly you get only ice types found in the freezing cold water theeennn Kyurem goes to Marvelous Bridge, destroys the bridge and you get to use Rock Climb from then on. Or maybe not as much as that, but still, Kyurem freezing certain parts of those places to get new areas seems totally likely.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Sounds like a good theory but what would Kyurem go rampant over? It's just a Pokemon that landed from outer space in the giant chasm (where it lives) and eats pokemon and people at night =S ... Still I would like the third game to explain more of Kyurem's back story.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • Sounds like a good theory but what would Kyurem go rampant over? It's just a Pokemon that landed from outer space in the giant chasm (where it lives) and eats Pokemon and people at night =S ... Still I would like the third game to explain more of Kyurem's back story.
    I think when Kyurem landed from the outer space it was
    at its other form then it split into the Tao trio when the brothers
    fought each other (You know the story).

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • they didn't have remakes between diamond/pearl and platinum.

...which means nothing since they had the Kanto remakes between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald.

Honestly though, I don't really see a third game happening since there is very little more that seems like it could be added to B&W. They already have a well defined storyline and Unova is far too small for them to add enough new content to justify a third game. If the third version does happen it will probably be even more of a rehash than the previous ones.

Maybe we'll actually get a new game for once (within Gen V).

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • ...which means nothing since they had the Kanto remakes between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald.

Honestly though, I don't really see a third game happening since there is very little more that seems like it could be added to B&W. They already have a well defined storyline and Unova is far too small for them to add enough new content to justify a third game. If the third version does happen it will probably be even more of a rehash than the previous ones.

Maybe we'll actually get a new game for once (within Gen V).

hokay so, my point being is that there doesn't have to be remakes before a third game. yes, yes, RSE HAD THEM! but DPP DIDN'T! just going to show that remakes don't have to come out before a third game.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I think when Kyurem landed from the outer space it was
    at its other form then it split into the Tao trio when the brothers
    fought each other (You know the story).

I can't believe I forgot that lol
    Anyways I'm sure the story for the 3rd game if there is one will be more emphasized, I do hope Kyurem is the mascot, or it's alternate form, if theres going to be one.

Years
  • Would Kyurem's other/ tao trio fused forme be as strong or as strong a Arceus...seeing as it's stone is the god stone
    Wait ...just remembered something...landorous and it's brothers are all based on Kami aka gods so what if the stone is there's instead and Kyurem was nothing but a red hering for the third version...

jvpski3

Banned
    Years
  • Would Kyurem's other/ tao trio fused forme be as strong or as strong a Arceus...seeing as it's stone is the god stone
    Wait ...just remembered something...landorous and it's brothers are all based on Kami aka gods so what if the stone is there's instead and Kyurem was nothing but a red hering for the third version...

Yet the Kami gods have nothing to do with pokemon.

Years
  • Yet the Kami gods have nothing to do with pokemon.
    sure they do Landorous is based on Inari the shito Kami of rice and fertility.
    anyways I'm hoping it's Kyurem and not the kami trio aka genie trio.
    Also since they didn't show the preview for the next pokemon movie...could it potentially have Kyurem's second forme much like Giratina's did and simply didn't show it as yet until they plan to announce Pokemon grey? if so then it would come out next year as platinum came out the same year as Giratina's movie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back