• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It's also just a kid wearing differently coloured clothes before we jump to further enormous conclusions. I don't know the history behind this image, you don't know the history behind this image - nobody does unless you happen to work in the upper echelons of the anime studio. For all we know it could be a rendition of an earlier design that was drawn during pre-production, simply sent to TRU on accident by people who don't know or really care about what colour a cartoon characters' clothes are.

Last edited:

Tamriel

Dark Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2011
    ive seen the cover for a japanese version but i dont know if its real or not , pokemon grey ... has the dragon from giant chasm
    i wish they'd let us have our pokemon follow us again like in soul silver &heart gold , i had so much fun with that (now is lonely without starmie following :[ )

so far they are going to make it have more double battles & triples i hear

Years
  • I like the sound of Pokemon Monochrome, but maybe that's just me...

I'm hoping if there is a third game that it'll have a big story, maybe even a new area, for Kyurem (who will most probably be the version mascot) like they did for Platinum, Giratina and the Distortion World.
    I'd also maybe like some new Pokemon Forms, like we got (again) with Platinum and Rotom, Shaymin etc. But I have no idea what Pokemon it would work with...

A new battle tower type thingy would be cool, like with Emerald, or Islands like they did in FireRed/LeafGreen. At least one, or even both, would be cool, new areas are always fun!
    And of course, an updated C-Gear (I feel it has so much untapped potential) and an updated, better Dream World :3

That's all I have time for now, I have to go out! I'm interested to read through the thread properly later however and see everyone elses responses!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ive seen the cover for a japanese version but i dont know if its real or not , pokemon grey ... has the dragon from giant chasm
    i wish they'd let us have our pokemon follow us again like in soul silver &heart gold , i had so much fun with that (now is lonely without starmie following :[ )

so far they are going to make it have more double battles & triples i hear

Well, if Japan had it designed then generally it'd be announced everywhere, so chances are it isn't real.

And the bottom part can't really be confirmed because again... the third game isn't even confirmed as a whole. XD

And of course, an updated C-Gear (I feel it has so much untapped potential) and an updated, better Dream World :3

Oh what kind of things would you like to see in the C-Gear? I'd definitely like the Entralink to allow for swapping areas with in-game trainers at least (like the berry spinning thing in R/S with in-game trainers) since it concentrates too much on local wi-fi which is something that just isn't common outside Japan anymore, lol.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You know how BW mentions Kyurem eat's people? Maybe it was simply blamed by people to explain those people who never seemed to have come back hence the disaster is said to happen to those who near it kind of thing.
    Or perhaps the twins told the villagers that myth so that they wouldn't go in and uncover the secret left behind, the hallow part left behind, Kyurem which they might have seen as useless and weak.
    Those are the only things I can see in Grey explaining Kyurem's myth, the second though seems to work better as it ties in Kyurem with the trio.

They always add something to the device in the third version but for the C-Gear I can't think of anything for it. Now the phone device have the gym leader use it for rematches like RSE did with the PokeNav, I mean most people probably don't use it anyways and giving it an in game function other than having the prof. call in the start of the game would reverse that.
    Actually for the C-gear they could give it a vs. Seeker like function ;)

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2012
    If there is going to be a third game for BW, I have a feeling it will focus on Kyurem, and perhaps the Musketeers as well.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • well serebii says that the Pokemon company will be making a surprise announcement at Jump festa this year. however, they didn't specify on what.

btw, jump festa is in early December.

flubbateios

That would be quite interesting actually, I need to read up more.

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Jump Fiesta (I think that's what it's called)
    Is taking place 17 - 18th of December.

Just announce them already.. I want to know.. Pleaaaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee. =D
    I'd rather have 3rd generation remakes than a third game.
    Make it
    Ruby/Sapphire > FireRed/LeafGreen > Emerald
    Make it like thaat!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2011
    Pokemon gray is gut pokemon brown good name kyurem could be on the cover
    pokemon brown terrakion could be on the cover

like luxray

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2014
    Id just like to have any new main series game. Be it Grey or a 3rd Generation remake. Also a Ranger or Mystery Dungeon game wouldnt be bad either! Just not anymore of those passwordy, abcd learning, Wii games >_>.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • well serebii says that the Pokemon company will be making a surprise announcement at Jump festa this year. however, they didn't specify on what.

btw, jump festa is in early December.
    Lately it's been news of Spin Offs like Pokemon Park, so hopefully we get something worth while this time around.

Pokemon gray is gut pokemon brown good name kyurem could be on the cover
    pokemon brown terrakion could be on the cover

like luxray
    I dunno about Terrakion, if anyone would get the focus out of the Musketeers it would probably be Keldeo or Cobalion. Needless to say I got a feeling it's going to be Kyurem.

Id just like to have any new main series game. Be it Grey or a 3rd Generation remake. Also a Ranger or Mystery Dungeon game wouldnt be bad either! Just not anymore of those passwordy, abcd learning, Wii games >_>.
    Well I like Rumble Blast, I don't know what you mean by passwordy games though.

https://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2011/11/pokemon-ds-touch-pen-movie-15th-2012.html
    Hopefully this news on Movie 15, is valid because if it is and Kyurem is indeed part of the next movie it seems to increase the likelyhood that the 3rd game will follow it or lead up to it. Or at the very least some news of the game will be generated around that time or or during Festa.

Years
  • If Kyurem is in the second movie of generation V (well not counting the double movies as sepereate) then there's a very high chance that it will be the mascot seeing how Suicune appeared in the second movie of gen II (Movie 4), While Rayquaza appeared in the second of gen III as well (Movie 7),Giratina did so too for gen IV (movie 11). So Kyurem will follow the pattern of it's predecessors.
    I hope that they expend on N's castle and add new parts,perhaps they could add a part that connects to the Dragon Spiral and the Chasm of Kyurem.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    https://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2011/11/pokemon-ds-touch-pen-movie-15th-2012.html
    Hopefully this news on Movie 15, is valid because if it is and Kyurem is indeed part of the next movie it seems to increase the likelyhood that the 3rd game will follow it or lead up to it. Or at the very least some news of the game will be generated around that time or or during Festa.

That is only if Kyurem doesn't play as an add in Legend like Regigigas did in the Giratina Movie, or how Heatran served little purpose in the Arceus Movie.

I'm pretty much expecting the big event having to do with Keldeo. Something is gunna happen and Ash and Co. are going to end up with Keldeo trying to help him either find the Trio or stop them from harming humans. At the end, Kyurem will make a minor appearance as a big bad guy and get his butt kicked by the Trio, Keldeo, and Ash and Co.

Course I'm pretty much going with the Trio's backstory on how they dislike humans due to them destroying their old home and then later opening up to humans due to the accomplishments of one hero.

Years
  • Parhaps it's Kyurem who shows the trio the way of Grey and that the world isn't black or white, so they stop hating humans or something.
    Also might Keldeo have a new forme in the third version like Shaymin did? If it does get a new forme I'm kind of hoping that it's fire/Fighting so that the musketeer quad can complete the five chinese elements Earth (rock), Metal (Steel), Water,Wood (Grass), and Fire (how interesting that the main trio's types have different then the elements while Keldeo's doesn't...) also the fire could be a reference to how it's home was ingulfed in flames.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I bet that Nintendo will release Keldeo via event exclusive to copies of Pokemon Gray; in spite (not despite, in spite) of the fact that Keldeo can still learn Secret Sword in Pokemon Black and White.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I think it's now obvious that the 3rd game will come first since the first merchandise
    from movie 15 has been confirmed.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Well.. according to Serebii the details are infact involving the games. Not neccessarily the new games but games! Looks like CoroCoro this month could reveal some good info!
    In The Pokémon Department

Pokémon at Jump Festa
    As we reported last month, the Pokémon Company is set to be in Jump Festa on December 17th and 18th and to provide a surprise announcement there. While we still don't know what the announcement is, the official site has put in some hints saying that at Jump Festa, they will provide the latest Pokémon game and goods information. As there are no upcoming games in Japan at the moment, this indicates a probability that a new game shall be revealed. This, however, is not a guarantee as it could end up just speaking about the recent game and announcements focusing on other aspects of the franchise. We do know that there will be a surprise announcement and we do know that PokéPark 2 and the merchandise Pokémon Battle Chess are to be showcased so it's hard to say for sure. It's possible that if there is a game coming, it will be revealed in CoroCoro prior to Jump Festa. We'll bring more news as and when it comes.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think it's now obvious that the 3rd game will come first since the first merchandise
    from movie 15 has been confirmed.

Not quite. This HAS happened twice this year already. Pokemon Company had a "Big Surprise Announcement." One I think was Super Rumble Blast and the other was Japanese Mewtwo Event.

Pokepark 2 and the new Pokemon Chess thing are being talked about so it has a pretty good chance of the Surprise being one of them. Keldeo also has a high chance of being released during this event and would actually be an accurate "Surprise" for the general theme of a surprise.

The Announcement doesn't really hint to a new game being discussed, but leans to just talking about the newest stuff just released by the company.

They recently released three Pokemon for Download that are from Gen 4 and seem to be focusing on them right now for some odd reason. Pokemon Company has yet to start pointing fingers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back