• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ^ I like the idea of Pokemon Victory - though I don't see it happening, since Victini plays a Mew type role, and... Mew didn't get a game dedicated to it. D:

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Well maybe the legendary trio will refer to something, like liberty or freedom or victory? Then one of themcould become the mascot. Like GSC! :D
    It would be funny to see power ranger inspired pokemon as legendary's.
    I mean with this whole victory theme going on.
    Victory: Red, Blue, Black, Yellow, Pink

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

Lol Black and White aren't colors they are shades and the other other shade is grey ;)

White is a color... Black is the absence of color...

I don't want a third game as it keeps them making the same game thats boring and the exact same thing with bits glued on but they are cash cows so yeah I don't care what its called...

Well maybe the legendary trio will refer to something, like liberty or freedom or victory? Then one of themcould become the mascot. Like GSC! :D

The Life Pokemon, the Liberty Pokemon and the Pursuit of Happiness Pokemon.

lol

Last edited:

Chub 777

Golden User
    Years
    I've probably posted here before, but what the hey...
    Gray, obviously, is the... obvious way to go. But as some people have suggested, Nintendo/Game Freak don't always take the obvious route. This goes way back to when Crystal was released. Gold, Silver... Crystal? Surely Bronze would have been more appropriate, or some other pure metal (not that I know anything about them). And then with Platinum- Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Notice somethin?
    Gold, Silver, Crystal.
    Diamond, Pearl, Platinum.
    I personally think this sounds more appropriate:
    Gold, Silver, Platinum.
    Diamond, Pearl, Crystal.
    Well, they fit their themes more.
    So after that load of (what MIGHT be considered off-topic) text, my point is that while Gray is the likely name for the inevitable 3rd sister game, they could go with something completely different.

Well following the pattern right now, Gen V is linked to Gen III. It would have to be something related to Ruby and Sapphire.

Instead of:

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
    Black/White/???

It would be:

Ruby/Sapphire/???
    Black/White/Emerald

The only thing is, Emerald doesn't suit Black or White...Hmm...

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    Looking at the naming pattern, it appears that in the odd generations, the third game fits in with the naming theme, but in the even generations it does not:
    Gen I: Red/(Blue or Green), followed by Yellow (fits color theme)
    Gen II: Gold/Silver, followed by Crystal (doesn't fit metal theme)
    Gen III: Ruby/Sapphire, followed by Emerald (fits Gemstone theme)
    Gen IV: Diamond/Pearl, followed by Platinum (doesn't fit Gemstone theme)

Based on that, I'm guessing the third game will be Grey (or perhaps...Pokemon: Shades of Grey?)

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    Pokemon Green was not the third game, Pokemon Blue was. And he didn't forget, he intentionally left it out. Pokemon Yellow is considered the third special version to American Red and Blue (and Japanese Blue). That's that.

Let me correct you, Red and Green were counter parts in Japan, but in US it was Red and Blue, Yellow was the third version

Rainbow sounds a bit gay, but something like Shade version...

EDIT: DAMN! I just noticedthat the guy above me wrote shade.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i would like it to be called Pokemon monochrome.
    that sounds so much cooler than gray and is connected to black and white.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    The whole Yin-Yang thing makes me think that would be a great title, but then again, Nintendo doesn't like to get too culturally deep.

Maybe something like Pokemon Ivory or Pokemon Charcoal. But both of those are also one-sided to B or W... while something down the middle like Grey would be too easy.

They're pushing the whole Economical thing in your face with this game, I will LOL if its called Pokemon Eco. Then again, that sounds really good.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    White is a color... Black is the absence of color...

I don't want a third game as it keeps them making the same game thats boring and the exact same thing with bits glued on but they are cash cows so yeah I don't care what its called...

lol
    Black and White are colors that have no Saturation/Colourfullness. I think it will be called something that has to do with another legendary. Maybe, if there are other new legendaries, which there probably are, It will have something to do with them, cause they'll have to put SOMETHING on that cover XD

Hazeh

Pokemon Mastahhhhh~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    Well, Yellow is named for Pikachu, Emerald for Rayquaza, Crystal for Suicune, Platinum for Giratina -- perhaps it will be named for the other (fire) legendary, Victini?

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Well if the third legendary is an Ice type, than the third game has a high chance of being something like Translucent Version, or something similar. Maybe even Rainbow Version, because Ice can work as a prism to separate colors i think.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    Personally I would really hate it if this Generation would be a combo breaker and there wouldn't be neither a third game nor remakes of Ruby and Saphire because it would kind of turn everything upside. Red and Blue were pretty much copies of each others because at that time there wasn't such a need to make so complex storyline like now but ever since Generation II when Johto was introduced there's been bigger and bigger differences. That's why there's usually been the third version of the game which have always acted out as the Golden Way between the two separate games introduced earlier. Think about it. Crystal tied together whole Legendary Beast (especially Suicune) with Ho-Oh and Lugia while Emerald combined the natural catastrophe caused by now both Team Aqua and Magma with Rayquaza. Platinum was a bit more confusing because it added even more spices compared to it's earlier relatives Diamond and Pearl. Giratina tied together the story about Dialga and Palkia's ability to create a new world and added Cyrus into it. So I really wish there will be a third game that ties all this Naturalism and stuff together. Basicly it could be something such as Pokémon Gray.

Lunacrest

has ninja'd: 2600
    Years
    Think of it this way. Red and Blue don't make YEllow. Gold and Silver don't make Crystal. Ruby and Sapphires don't make Emeralds. Diamonds and Pearls don't make platinum. Black and White DO make Gray. Self explainotory now.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    Think of it this way. Red and Blue don't make YEllow. Gold and Silver don't make Crystal. Ruby and Sapphires don't make Emeralds. Diamonds and Pearls don't make platinum. Black and White DO make Gray. Self explainotory now.

Yeah. Now when you mentioned it I can see what you mean. I honestly haven't ever thougth that longer or more but now it's clear as snow. So what do you think about the possibility that it could be named something like Pokémon Jade then? That is one possibility because Jade is often connected to the theme of black and white representing Yin and Yang. I personally doubt that one too because black and white are somewhat colors so basicly they probably make something that doesn't cut the idea of the game names. Multicolor thingy perhaps?

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    Gold and silver didn't have Platinum (Anothere Precious metal), I'm betting that it will be something completely unexpected, like maybe Titanium version, or Purple version. We'll have to just wait and see...

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    I'm too lazy to see if someone has posted this already, but there was a rumor going around that the third legendary to the Reshiram-Zekrom duo was a green cobra. Also, there is a desert in the map of Isshu and there are many desert/egyptian themed pokemon, so it's not that far of a stretch. Perhaps the final version will be named after a shade of green or a mineral found in the desert.

For those reasons the 'jade' theory makes twice as much sense. Jade=green.

LOL. 'nuff said.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back