• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    Pokemon Gray >_>? Everyone is assuming that because Black + White = Gray.

I cannot think of a more boring name. They are not going to call it Pokemon Gray, the most notoriously bland color ever.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    Yeah I know. But 1st Gen had 4 version buddy! You forgot Green, And for Black and White, I don't know...Quantum? Cool enough to me~ :D

Pokemon Green was not the third game, Pokemon Blue was. And he didn't forget, he intentionally left it out. Pokemon Yellow is considered the third special version to American Red and Blue (and Japanese Blue). That's that.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    how about chrome?

and now that you mention it, i'm going to wait for the 3rd game i guess.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • Colors
    Metals
    Gems
    something, gems?

This is Colors
    however, I'm taking a guess on this that
    Black will be the darker one
    White will be the lighter one.

It would need to be something that goes inbetween this logic.

Pokemon Grey is out of the question because of Silver being there. Silver works as a color too, so this would cause confusion with Soul Silver.

Pokemon =
    Nuetral, Chrome, Fate, Twilight, Dawn, and Legends.

These few are some of the possiblitys that work. I have speculations on Chrome, as it would work rather nice.

Dawn and Twilight are questionable as Dawn was already a character in the series, and twilight gets thought up now a days as sparkling vampires.

(I'm thinking of the Kingdom Hearts/Paper Mario name of there Twilight Towns, and KHs Twilight "power". If you get this part, then you know why I say so)

blazez3212

Person Behind You
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Actually the 1st gen had 4 games but in japan they had red,green,yellow and here we got the refined version which was red,blue,yellow. from what i know

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I think it will be something totally out of the blue. Like how Crystal was for Gold and Silver (i.e. crystal is not a metal). Also, diamonds and pearls are gems, but platinum is a metal. Hmmmm.

I personally like the names Chrome and Prism. I'm not so sure about chrome being a title, though. クロム (kuromu), from the word ゼクロム (Zekrom, literally "zekuromu"), can be translated into English as chrome, and he/she is the mascot for Pokemon White.

......Or, I could be over-analyzing the name. *Shrug* It just makes more sense if he were the mascot for Pokemon Chrome, should they decide to go with that name. Chrome sounds nice and futuristic, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

JakeClowd

the Silent Clowd
    Years
  • Just to clairify on the very first gen.
    In japan there was 3 games created, Red, Green, and Blue - for the three starter types.
    The highest selling of the three was Blue, so in turn, it was chosen to come to america.
    They made two, slightly different copys of blue which would become Pokemon Blue version and Red version.
    Yellow came later. The original Red and Green were never released in the US.

Years
  • I don't think they'll have Pokémon Grey, not only because of the blandness of the colour but because the Americans spell it as gray and there would be unnecessary complications. I don't see the relevance of chrome, and Pokémon Colour wouldn't work (because for one the name sounds bad, and two, like grey, the Americans spell the word differently).

I've got no clue. It'd be best to see what the third legendary looks like. Maybe Pokémon Rainbow?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • well, you know how red and blue had yellow, gold and silver had crystal, ruby and sapphire had emerald, and diamond and pearl had platinum? what will black and white have?

i think it will be called pokemon gray
    Merged your thread in with the existing thread for the third game since it already existed and yours was getting some decent discussion.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I thought it was already decided that it'd be Pokemon Brown and that Bidoof is returning as a legendary.

That's what I thought, too... xD

But I think that either Gray or Chrome sounds good.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I personally don't like the names Black and White. So I'd really hate it if they named it Pokemon Grey. (Yes, I'm American, but I have spelt it Grey all of my life. When I discovered the American english way of spelling it was gray, I was like......no that can't be true, it doesn't look right. LOL)

Becki

Pc will never be the same.....
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 24, 2018
    In america both spellings are corect for grey, most people do not realize that Gray is a name also. It could be grey, but it could also be another color such as brown.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    I think Pokemon Gray. Because White+Black=Gray. I think. =p

Congratulations, you're about the 15th person that said the exact same thing:nervous:

but i hope for no 3rd game. with all these features it seems there is no need.

shot571

Congratulations, you're about the 15th person that said the exact same thing:nervous:

but i hope for no 3rd game. with all these features it seems there is no need.
    I'm guessing we dont even know half of the features yet :D.
    Anyway I think it will be called Pokemon Chrome. It has a nice ring to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back