• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Yeah you know how people were noticing that its head was shaped like a Klink, and how I mentioned earlier it seemed to be made from random pieces of metal? It might actually be at least partially made from parts of other Pokemon. Its ears sorta resemble Skarmory feathers, and its shoulders are a lot like Metagross's shoulders, which are ball-joints. Its forelimbs MIGHT be from Pawniard but I can't recognize its other components. Can anyone tell if there's anything else in there?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Talking about flowers.

Sad stuff and unreleased Pokémon ahead:
    Spoiler:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I used to think the same too, but Zygarde doesn't seem as antagonistic as I expected, at in the anime. Perhaps if Flare is mind controlling it like I mentioned in old Thread, by putting a device into one of the cores, forcing an internal struggle, with the need to knock it out to allow the uncontrolled core to gain control.
    Talking about flowers.

Sad stuff and unreleased Pokémon ahead:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I used to think the same too, but Zygarde doesn't seem as antagonistic as I expected, at in the anime. Perhaps if Flare is mind controlling it like I mentioned in old Thread, by putting a device into one of the cores, forcing an internal struggle, with the need to knock it out to allow the uncontrolled core to gain control.

Well it doesn't need to be antagonistic. I don't watch the anime but going off of its PokéDex entries, the reason why it would awaken at all would be because it senses an imminent danger to Kalos. And to deal with something so powerful as the ultimate weapon, I would assume Zygarde itself would be unstoppable, too. One of those kinds of, "it means well but it's too powerful for its own good and needs to be stopped," kinds of things. I'd think it would be out-of-control not because it's actively trying to hurt others, but just because that's how strong it needs to be to deal with the threat at hand.

Like, think about how (Primal) Groudon and Kyogre would have brought doom to Hoenn and eventually the entire Pokémon-Earth if not stopped. They weren't doing that because they're out to destroy the world; they just can't help their Abilities.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Really hope Volcarion is the main focus and not Zygarde with the new game. Everyone is saying Zygarde but I am leaning for that being anime only plus it is too predictable as Mr.Masuda said. Being able to time jump would be a cool feature. So like going back in time to stop things from happening in the future since Gen 6 so far has been talking about the past and almost as if a race of people existed (AZ and Zinnia) would that to be fleshed out. Of if they do want to use Zygardia maybe make it so he wakes up once he knows you are messing with time and tries to stop you letting him get caught by the bad guy Makes me feel if prequels or sequels are the new game and Gen 7 will drop 2017 with little hints till a full reveal next year. Though it makes me wonder if Gen 7 does go to NX if it will be a full on new continuity ignoring everything prior due the switch from a traditional handheld.

Years
    Really hope Volcarion is the main focus and not Zygarde with the new game. Everyone is saying Zygarde but I am leaning for that being anime only plus it is too predictable as Mr.Masuda said. Being able to time jump would be a cool feature. So like going back in time to stop things from happening in the future since Gen 6 so far has been talking about the past and almost as if a race of people existed (AZ and Zinnia) would that to be fleshed out. Of if they do want to use Zygardia maybe make it so he wakes up once he knows you are messing with time and tries to stop you letting him get caught by the bad guy Makes me feel if prequels or sequels are the new game and Gen 7 will drop 2017 with little hints till a full reveal next year. Though it makes me wonder if Gen 7 does go to NX if it will be a full on new continuity ignoring everything prior due the switch from a traditional handheld.

Time travel? I don't see how it would even detect that. Celebi and Dialga maybe, but Zygarde? That seems out of it's power.

I think Zygarde is more of a cleaner upper, than one that would attack to fix things. In other words more of a gentle giant.

Also, about Zygarde's role, in Emerald Rayquaza simply flew and stopped the trio and went back to Sky Pillar...
    Pikachu, Suicune, Giratina, and Kyurem had larger roles...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Time travel? I don't see how it would even detect that. Celebi and Dialga maybe, but Zygarde? That seems out of it's power.

I think Zygarde is more of a cleaner upper, than one that would attack to fix things. In other words more of a gentle giant.

Not not time travel due to a pokemon. Time travel maybe via a device. Zygarde could just detect something is up and maybe he is tricked by the bad guy into treating you as the bad guy. Like maybe attacking you at random parts in the time. I feel I once played a game years ago (GBA I think) where the bad guy came at you at random times and it was kinda a shock since you did not expect. Idk I just want something to make it feel like a new story over the same game with some changes. Just feel 3rd versions in 2016 are kinda meh and feel if it is not a follow up game just don't bother. But we may all just be jumping the gun since Game Freak may have something to please all of us in store. Heck I think if we were just given the game name that would ease a lot of us. If it is Z ok we know it is a 3rd version,if it is XY2 we know it is sequels or if we get something out of nowhere maybe like Eternal Flower. we have no idea what is happening and that alone could build hype. Which is why I am hoping to Arecus that when the official reveal of that Pokemon happens next week they say something about how to get if or if it is Gen 6 or Gen 7. Would be nice if they showed the new game's name in the video at the very least and were like "More info coming soon" The lead up to this is just very weird since the anime is doing Z making a ton think it is Z but at the same time last gen we got BW2 over the Grey version we all thought was coming so at this point nobody knows but Game Freak and it is a bit frustrating.

Years
    Not not time travel due to a pokemon. Time travel maybe via a device. Zygarde could just detect something is up and maybe he is tricked by the bad guy into treating you as the bad guy. Like maybe attacking you at random parts in the time. I feel I once played a game years ago (GBA I think) where the bad guy came at you at random times and it was kinda a shock since you did not expect. Idk I just want something to make it feel like a new story over the same game with some changes. Just feel 3rd versions in 2016 are kinda meh and feel if it is not a follow up game just don't bother. But we may all just be jumping the gun since Game Freak may have something to please all of us in store. Heck I think if we were just given the game name that would ease a lot of us. If it is Z ok we know it is a 3rd version,if it is XY2 we know it is sequels or if we get something out of nowhere maybe like Eternal Flower. we have no idea what is happening and that alone could build hype. Which is why I am hoping to Arecus that when the official reveal of that Pokemon happens next week they say something about how to get if or if it is Gen 6 or Gen 7. Would be nice if they showed the new game's name in the video at the very least and were like "More info coming soon" The lead up to this is just very weird since the anime is doing Z making a ton think it is Z but at the same time last gen we got BW2 over the Grey version we all thought was coming so at this point nobody knows but Game Freak and it is a bit frustrating.
    Supposedly we were going to get Grey, but Nintendo told GF to change it to increase sales. GF usually doesn't think outside the box imo...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Supposedly we were going to get Grey, but Nintendo told GF to change it to increase sales. GF usually doesn't think outside the box imo...

Hopefully Nintendo keeps lighting the fire under them. People can say Mario and Zelda never change but tbh I think they do take risks myself something GF seems to not like doing. Heck taking a risk for GF might end up being a great idea.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The movie poster got updated.

Spoiler:

mew_nani

Years
    Hopefully Nintendo keeps lighting the fire under them. People can say Mario and Zelda never change but tbh I think they do take risks myself something GF seems to not like doing. Heck taking a risk for GF might end up being a great idea.
    It will sooner or later. People are getting tired of the same old "get gym badges, beat evil team, become champion" storyline. 5th gen was acclaimed (and disliked by some) because they shook things up a little. They're going to have to do something different sooner or later or everyone will eventually get bored and leave. Doesn't necessarily mean going completely off the rails, but having something a bit different might make things fun again.

EDIT: Gosh dang man so many shinies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Well looks like we will be getting a Shiny Gardevoir or Shiny Gengar at the start of Pokemon Z, if they continue the trend with giving us a mega pokemon when a game is released.

Years
    I wonder if there is a link between all those Megas and Magiana. I mean perhaps Magiana is related to Mega Evolution in some way...but it's far more recent compared to the war so...no link?Btw, who else thinks that the Poster is further implying that Ash Greninja is some kind of Mega?

mew_nani

Years
    Well looks like we will be getting a Shiny Gardevoir or Shiny Gengar at the start of Pokemon Z, if they continue the trend with giving us a mega pokemon when a game is released.
    We already got a Shiny Gengar for Halloween so we might get Gardevoir instead. I don't mind either way as I'm all for getting free Pokemon. My only qualm is that you usually can't nickname them.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Kylo Ren is the new villain leader in Kalos XD

Plot twist: He's also the Champion AND your father brother from another mother.

And once again, more Ash-Greninja hype, this time for the movie. Another interesting thing is that this is the first movie that 2 Mythical Pokemon make their debut with each other. This is all really interesting, I feel like Game Freak has got something up their sleeve. They surprised us with sequels in Gen 5, now they can't really turn back to the same-old predictable stuff without risking backlash.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    To me , Magiana's revelation is no different then perfect Zygarde revelation.
    I still hope that we will something else as world shacking announcement.

mew_nani

Years
    To me , Magiana's revelation is no different then perfect Zygarde revelation.
    I still hope that we will something else as world shacking announcement.
    A brand new Pokemon has just been revealed. How is that NOT world shaking? At the very least it's a possible peek into Gen VII, and it isn't like a new Pokemon is shown off every day. If a glimpse into the future doesn't count as world shaking than what does?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Plot twist: He's also the Champion AND your father brother from another mother.

And once again, more Ash-Greninja hype, this time for the movie. Another interesting thing is that this is the first movie that 2 Mythical Pokemon make their debut with each other. This is all really interesting, I feel like Game Freak has got something up their sleeve. They surprised us with sequels in Gen 5, now they can't really turn back to the same-old predictable stuff without risking backlash.

Well, backlash is something that can't be avoided. I've seen people on generic social media and Pokémon-centric forums alike bash gen 5 for not having a third version because "sequels are an awful idea" or "there should have been just one game, two is too many." I feel as though, for the most part, the people who would complain about the upcoming game being a third version are the people who would complain no matter what announcement we got.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back