• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Sugimore said he'll like to go back to the basics for Gen VII...I guess Magiana looking like old mons might be a part of that? Btw it's interesting how many artificial mons look like Pokéballs... the Voltorb line and Baltoy (abdomen), and now Magiana. If it is Gen VII then it'll fit the odd pattern of the odd Gens having a mon that resembles a Pokéball (Gen V having Fungus' line).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    A brand new Pokemon has just been revealed. How is that NOT world shaking? At the very least it's a possible peek into Gen VII, and it isn't like a new Pokemon is shown off every day. If a glimpse into the future doesn't count as world shaking than what does?

Because there nothing new about revealing One new pokemon! We wouldn't know about Diancle , Hoopa and Volcanion if it wasn't for the Hack . I lost hype after realizing Magiana is only single legendary pokemon revealed.

I was expecting Coro Coro to reveal a New game or Area in Kalos that has Many Brand New Never Seen Before Pokemon Which also include a new Pseudo-Legendary pokemon that's better then Dragonite and takes Goodra's spot as Ash's 6th Kalos pokemon.

Currently , I want Ash to catch a Giant , bulkier and bipedal pokemon since he already caught enough speedy , slim and skinny pokemon.
    Unfortunately , Kalos doesn't have any pokemon like that now So a New area filled with brand new pokemon gave me hope.
    Plus , I hope we will find some info about Ash-Greninja.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Because there nothing new about revealing One new pokemon! We wouldn't know about Diancle , Hoopa and Volcanion if it wasn't for the Hack . I lost hype after realizing Magiana is only single legendary pokemon revealed.

I was expecting Coro Coro to reveal a New game or Area in Kalos that has Many Brand New Never Seen Before Pokemon Which also include a new Pseudo-Legendary pokemon that's better then Dragonite and takes Goodra's spot as Ash's 6th Kalos pokemon.

Currently , I want Ash to catch a Giant , bulkier and bipedal pokemon since he already caught enough speedy , slim and skinny pokemon.
    Unfortunately , Kalos doesn't have any pokemon like that now So a New area filled with brand new pokemon gave me hope.

I believe you're a perfect example as to why we shouldn't have very high expectations in anything, because it hurts if it falls from that height.

As for myself, I'm just excited and happy to see and receive any new news about Pokémon. :3

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Plot twist: He's also the Champion AND your father brother from another mother.

And once again, more Ash-Greninja hype, this time for the movie. Another interesting thing is that this is the first movie that 2 Mythical Pokemon make their debut with each other. This is all really interesting, I feel like Game Freak has got something up their sleeve. They surprised us with sequels in Gen 5, now they can't really turn back to the same-old predictable stuff without risking backlash.

Uncharted 5 only on New 3DS. Nobody saw it coming. I fail to see why people don't think the Pokemon reveal was world shaking. Those people are so boring and have no excitement at all. Literally nobody saw it coming and are acting like it was a boring. Lame people XD

Talking about NEW 3DS I am wondering if it is on New 3DS. New 3DS has only one exclusive and literally nothing coming. And while I feel it is too late with the NX coming to show off NEW 3DS games only I would be ok with this Pokemon game being one just so they can have it have stuff XY and ORAS did not have.

Years
    To me , Magiana's revelation is no different then perfect Zygarde revelation.
    I still hope that we will something else as world shacking announcement.
    'Perfect Zygarde Revelation' should totally be Zygarde's ability from now on.

Anyway, it's true that news from there is mostly quite muted - there is speculation about a spin-off version, there's one new Pokémon which is probably idiosyncratic, which might play a slightly less central role in M19, etc. - but yeah, you'd perhaps expect more from them if things were to look particularly impressive. That said, I'm not sure if at this point in XY, where their team are a bit much of a muchness, Ash getting a new Pokémon or one made for that will shake much other than its and possibly now his area in square metres - the main series, for one thing, will probably have to stand on its own. Generally speaking they've mostly been careful not to domesticise the Pokémon presented as highly important by throwing them at Ash, rather preferring to have them keep their distance, and it's unlikely and perhaps not advisable that they do otherwise here. Anyway, it's good that at least you're keeping faith in the series. Someone has to.

The most 'world-shaking' thing that might come from this is the revelation that after all of their years with Pikachu Ash has finally been discovered to actually be Harry Potter. But in all likelihood, after the preparation for this film is complete, they're going to have to re-build interest in a new gen or game by having Pokémon which can take the focus off Magiana, who is by then incorporated into that context. Which might be difficult, it does seem rather glittery. Do most Volcanion and such Pokémon live for Magiana, or is it just John Lennon? In any case, I guess we'll see where the series is going when they announce a new game of some form. Perhaps 7 gens in an unchosen Pikachu will become a different species of Pokémon, leading to shipping becoming a more tense activity. Or like a Volcanion meets a Caterpie and they evolve into Betfair.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Isn't there any other news from Coro Coro ???
    I mean , Game-freak keep revealing new pokemon one after another yet there is no news about the New game where we will able to play with these pokemon.
    I mean , Is there going to be a Pokemon Z or A New Generation ?
    How long does Game-freak wants to keep us in mystery ?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Uncharted 5 only on New 3DS. Nobody saw it coming. I fail to see why people don't think the Pokemon reveal was world shaking. Those people are so boring and have no excitement at all. Literally nobody saw it coming and are acting like it was a boring. Lame people XD

Talking about NEW 3DS I am wondering if it is on New 3DS. New 3DS has only one exclusive and literally nothing coming. And while I feel it is too late with the NX coming to show off NEW 3DS games only I would be ok with this Pokemon game being one just so they can have it have stuff XY and ORAS did not have.

Umm... I think you meant to quote somebody else, yes? XD

I mean , Game-freak keep revealing new pokemon one after another yet there is no news about the New game where we will able to play with these pokemon.
    I mean , Is there going to be a Pokemon Z or A New Generation ?
    How long does Game-freak wants to keep us in mystery ?

It looks like that's it so far. I usually like to give leeway until the actual release date of the magazine, which this month is on the 15th. Reason being is because like in the case of November, Serebii didn't post the "big news for December" notice until about 2-3 days after everything else was leaked; point being is that he didn't leak everything at once.

But, I think we got everything. We got the "world-exclusive scoop poster" which was the movie poster, and we got our "major announcement that will affect the entire world", which was Magiana.

blue

gucci
    Years

That might be it for this month, but CoroCoro usually releases on 15th so that might be when we get some sort of official announcement with a trailer. Next month might have something with more reveals, most probably a follow up/more in-depth guide on Magiana though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Actually I figured it was a new pokemon. I said that it is probably a new mega or pokemon reveal that would be in the new movie, linked to the next games or next generation.

I really like the design of Magiana. I don't know why, but I really like it lol. Then again I am not one to hate on new pokemon for the most part.

I still say it is just a reveal of a 7th Gen Legend, if a legend at all. They could pull a Zorua. I don't understand why people are claiming it is 100% Gen 6.5 and expect them to honestly skip over a chance to get more money before moving into the next generation. It is very clear that 6th Gen isn't done. It isn't odd for them to reveal next gen pokemon either. But that also doesn't mean the pokemon is 6.5 even though I want it to be like everyone else.

4th Gen didn't start till December 2006 in Japan and Lucario, Munchlax, Buizel, and Manaphy had been revealed way before the games were announced. Zorua, Zoroark, and Victini were revealed before the games as well.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Actually I figured it was a new pokemon. I said that it is probably a new mega or pokemon reveal that would be in the new movie, linked to the next games or next generation.

I really like the design of Magiana. I don't know why, but I really like it lol. Then again I am not one to hate on new pokemon for the most part.

I still say it is just a reveal of a 7th Gen Legend, if a legend at all. They could pull a Zorua. I don't understand why people are claiming it is 100% Gen 6.5 and expect them to honestly skip over a chance to get more money before moving into the next generation. It is very clear that 6th Gen isn't done. It isn't odd for them to reveal next gen pokemon either. But that also doesn't mean the pokemon is 6.5 even though I want it to be like everyone else.

4th Gen didn't start till December 2006 in Japan and Lucario, Munchlax, Buizel, and Manaphy had been revealed way before the games were announced. Zorua, Zoroark, and Victini were revealed before the games as well.

If it is Gen 6.5 that would still be part of Gen 6 so not sure what you are saying. 2.5 for example is still part of 2 and not a full on new number. As I said yesterday I think the whole concept of gens should just be dropped and they can just release games whenever and we drop a formula. Since it seems we have got to the point people expect a certain pattern and get mad if we don't get it. Like I am for new stories and maybe new regions but not new Pokemon for every new adventure if that makes sense. Like make a new region with a new story but no new Pokemon and maybe add 25/30 new Pokemon in a possible Sinnoh remake. Idk I just know I would not be mad if we did not get full on new pokemon for the next few years./ This could also let them focus on human characters and the story in the games. (Just my thought)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Something interesting I noticed, but probably nothing. Remember when Masuda posted a heads-up on his Twitter for the Zygarde Formes in CoroCoro? He hasn't done that at all for this issue, and Magiana is a brand-new Pokemon. But then I thought, he might do that tomorrow or Saturday, since I don't think he follows the early leaks. I've often questioned if he does know about the early leaks(and if he gets PO'd about it).

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years

Geez enough about the anime. We're talking about the games right now. Ash gets what the writers want him to get, no matter what anyone says.

Anywho a new Pokemon is actually a little more game changing than a new game announcement. I mean yeah a new game announcement is a huge thing but it's still something everyone knew was going to happen, especially concerning third versions. Nobody saw a new Pokemon coming, and depending on what Game Freak wants to do it could be a glimpse into Gen VII or it could be part of a Gen VI.5 where it's part of an expansion of sorts. All bets are off here.

mew_nani

Years
    https://i.4cdn.org/vp/1455154751741.png

So here is an interesting compilation on how the movie could affect the games.

Thoughts?
    It's interesting for sure. We don't really know what AZ was doing those 3,000 years he wandered around, and since he can create a device that imbues things with life force he can certainly create living beings with that power. Magiana isn't just some random amalgam of parts; it's a very ornately made Pokemon made by someone who knew what they were doing. He likely has huge amounts of wealth available to him so building a city wouldn't be impossible.

Azoth alternately could be one of the kingdoms he defeated in the war and took control of later.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Geez enough about the anime. We're talking about the games right now. Ash gets what the writers want him to get, no matter what anyone says.

Anywho a new Pokemon is actually a little more game changing than a new game announcement. I mean yeah a new game announcement is a huge thing but it's still something everyone knew was going to happen, especially concerning third versions. Nobody saw a new Pokemon coming, and depending on what Game Freak wants to do it could be a glimpse into Gen VII or it could be part of a Gen VI.5 where it's part of an expansion of sorts. All bets are off here.
    i saw it coming.
    because the vast majority where saying something else was coming.
    i knew gamefreak was going to do something different then a new game announcement, to soon for it. the re-release of the main series games where an obvious ploy to buy time to put into the making of the next games.
    this new pokemon is the same, people are gonna go crazy with speculation on it for awhile allowing gf to keep the hype burning.
    this bunny bot is meant to be a hype machine.
    i was wondering how long it was gonna take for an man made robot pokemon to be made.
    lets see, that makes the data beings(porygons), mewtwo kinda covers 3 categories as the anime two are clones, the one in the games is an offspring that has been genetically tampered with and the one in the manga is a clone that was made with some of blaine's dna making that incarnation of mewtwo a human pokemon hybrid.(given that we don't know the full details of the games & anime mewtwos it can be speculated that they too might have had human DNA mixed into them.)
    then we got a sentient cloud, castform.
    then we got the golem's golett and golurk
    and the cyborg genesect.
    still its interesting that they made magiana a dogū-like moon rabbit of all things

mew_nani

Years
    Ah... Ok, correction: MOST people didn't see this coming. XD

As for its design, I think it was based off automotons, early machines made for the purpose of doing simple things like drawing images, playing games or doing movements like dancing. They were precursors to our modern robots and a lot of them were very detailed looking.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It's interesting for sure. We don't really know what AZ was doing those 3,000 years he wandered around, and since he can create a device that imbues things with life force he can certainly create living beings with that power. Magiana isn't just some random amalgam of parts; it's a very ornately made Pokemon made by someone who knew what they were doing. He likely has huge amounts of wealth available to him so building a city wouldn't be impossible.

Azoth alternately could be one of the kingdoms he defeated in the war and took control of later.

I'm thinking that AZ built Azoth. Hence the AZ in the title and the connection to high technology.

IT could be the pokemon version of Alexandria.

mew_nani

Years
    I'm thinking that AZ built Azoth. Hence the AZ in the title and the connection to high technology.

IT could be the pokemon version of Alexandria.
    If he built Azoth he may have built Magiana as well. He already knows how to imbue life into things... wouldn't be impossible for him to do.

Come to think of it I just thought of something. What if WE get to make a Pokemon in this fashion? It's already partially built of bits of other Pokemon, and if we do get to go to Azoth the means to create Magiana may still be there.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    If he built Azoth he may have built Magiana as well. He already knows how to imbue life into things... wouldn't be impossible for him to do.

Come to think of it I just thought of something. What if WE get to make a Pokemon in this fashion? It's already partially built of bits of other Pokemon, and if we do get to go to Azoth the means to create Magiana may still be there.

He very well could have, I'm typing on a theory on it actually that combines thoughts/predictions/ with what we know.

And it's possible but I don't think they would let us. It be a lot to program and balancing would be challenging. Although, if online was cut off from it, then it could happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back