• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Whether this is true or fake, Pokemon Sun and Moon clearly debunks the Pokemon Rainbow rumor, which I'll be happy about, because this would teach you a lesson on trusting these kind of rumors.

It's stuff like this that has made me debate on leaving the fandom for the past few days. We all learn our lessons, but there's no need to have a "holier than thou, I told you so" attitude towards other people who are just as imperfect as you are.

Have you not looked at Bulbapedia's review article on ORAS, a couple of the threads in the ORAS section criticizing the game, or the reception of it from /vp/? ORAS was actually worse than XY for failing to fix the actual problems from the original R/S, as well as how poorly written Zinnia's motivation is. I think people like you are the ones that's going to be disappointed if you rely so much on NX rumors being a fusion, and seriously, you actually believed that rumor about the NX being connected to the PS4 (from your comment about a PS4 title)?

The review in question is just an opinion written up by one person, it doesn't represent fact. Whether XY or ORAS were better than the other is totally subjective, that includes both you and @Nekaku.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    It's stuff like this that has made me debate on leaving the fandom for the past few days. We all learn our lessons, but there's no need to have a "holier than thou, I told you so" attitude towards other people who are just as imperfect as you are.

The review in question is just an opinion written up by one person, it doesn't represent fact. Whether XY or ORAS were better than the other is totally subjective, that includes both you and @Nekaku.

Oh I am just saying better since I have seen more people praise it and say it was fun while those same people disliked XY.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Here is a tip never listen to reviews CoD gets get reviews but is horrible series. Listen to what fans say. And you should actually read since I never said it was connected to PS4. I said it would was a PS4 game was coming out on it. This could mean FF7 HD. also it does not debunk Rainbow at all. The man said it was a "code name"

As I have said before I hope this concept of Gens is dropped since I feel it limits them and in a way makes fans expect things. Like many were were expecting Z and it seems %90 of a chance of them being let down. Now if the concept of gens was destroyed this would allow people to not go into things with expectations. Also it could give GF more freedom for games. Since they could create new stories in old regions or new regions but not always feel like they need new pokemon.

Could be argued Delta emerald was for the added story to ORAS since it was called Delta and had the emerald mascot. Grey might have been a place holder for BW2.
    We have expectations for mid Gen and end of gen games too. Even with series without such a concept there are expectations. So someone is bound to be disappointed.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    You know that rainbow rumor in away makes sense. Hear me out. Sun and Moon Gold and Silver Gold is Ho-oh who is the rainbow Pokemon. I find how the two leaks in a way coincide to be interesting considering the small gap of time between them. We shall for 22 hours (Give or take) Masuda holds our hopes in his hands. He has too much power. Would be funky if Sun and Moon are mid gen games though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    You know that rainbow rumor in away makes sense. Hear me out. Sun and Moon Gold and Silver Gold is Ho-oh who is the rainbow Pokemon. I find how the two leaks in a way coincide to be interesting considering the small gap of time between them. We shall for 22 hours (Give or take) Masuda holds our hopes in his hands. He has too much power. Would be funky if Sun and Moon are mid gen games though.
    If there're mid gen then 'Z' and 'Star/Tempest' will be possibilities still.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    If there're mid gen then 'Z' and 'Star/Tempest' will be possibilities still.

If it is mid gen with new Pokemon and story and everything calling it Z worries me just due to people thinking it is a generic 3rd version and while it could be fixed with good marketing Nintendo is not always the best in that area. Which is why if it is 6.5 Star/Tempest would sound better than Z since it would tell people right away new games. Or if they really want to get attention X5 Y5. This is exciting

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Hmmm, how can I put this succinctly...

Even if this is gen 7, we may be getting another game/other games before it. Like, they need to plan these things way in advance, sometimes beginning work on a new game before their current one is 100% completed. If this is gen 7 it could still be some time before we see it.

If it's still gen 6, I'd say there are a few options. One is that they're a really, really enhanced, split third version. Like, major retellings of X & Y--the logos use blue and red, similar to X & Y, and the sun and moon can be associated with ideas such as life and death. Alternatively, they could be sequels--not all sequels have to have the number "2" in the title. And they could even be a combination of a third version and sequel.

It could even be gen 6 but in a new region--perhaps the region of the man with the artifact? The weird head thing. I can't remember the name and I have to get going to work really soon so I don't have the time to look it up, sorry. You all know what I'm talking about, though. That "I hope you visit my region, soon; we have a really cool Champion and neat facilities" guy.

All I know for sure is that I hate leaks. Now I'm worried I'm gonna expect the Direct to give us at the very least the generation and the system, in addition to the names and release window. I don't want to expect too much, but... to be fair, after a two-year development cycle, I think it's reasonable to ask for something good.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I will be upset if it is New 3DS only. Not because I don't like the idea of New 3DS only games but the fact we have only had one so far when people thought we would be getting more so the New 3DS itself just upsets me lol

Years
    ...CAN TOMORROW JUST COME ALREADY?! I am SO CONFUSED by this, and it's making me wonder if the'ye just gonna skip over to 7th Gen already.. I still feel like it's too soon for this.. this doesn't confirm anything,it just made the 6th gen vs 7th Gen ALOT WORSE now

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Here is a tip never listen to reviews CoD gets get reviews but is horrible series. Listen to what fans say. And you should actually read since I never said it was connected to PS4. I said it would was a PS4 game was coming out on it. This could mean FF7 HD. also it does not debunk Rainbow at all. The man said it was a "code name"
    Correction, never listen to professional reviews and instead the user reviews, which are the only reviews that actually matter. Just look at the score differences between the two for Fallout 4 and Street Fighter 5. And yet Pokemon Sun and Moon doesn't sound like a 20th anniversary game that a couple of people here are making it out to be.

As I have said before I hope this concept of Gens is dropped since I feel it limits them and in a way makes fans expect things. Like many were were expecting Z and it seems %90 of a chance of them being let down. Now if the concept of gens was destroyed this would allow people to not go into things with expectations. Also it could give GF more freedom for games. Since they could create new stories in old regions or new regions but not always feel like they need new pokemon.
    Whether you like it or not, the concept of Gens is here to stay, but that doesn't mean it has to be strictly the structure, which is why I'm expecting Z to be introducing the second half of Kalos' Pokemon, because they've been breaking the mold of what we expect from a third version since Platinum. This will force us to reconsider what is labeled as a new Gen if ever came true. It's like how Smogon created new tiers, because the new additions keep breaking a couple of their standards. Also, there's always a need for new Pokemon either to represent other animals who have yet to get a Pokemon treatment and prevent key-important characters like gym leaders from using Pokemon who are suppose to be another key-important character's ace Pokemon.

And stuff like this makes me wish Pokemon never existed in the first place, because it's reaching Sonic fanbase levels of bad in terms of high expectations, in which any slight difference would result in big disappointment from the fans because it's not part of their ideal Pokemon game.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    ...CAN TOMORROW JUST COME ALREADY?! I am SO CONFUSED by this, and it's making me wonder if the'ye just gonna skip over to 7th Gen already.. I still feel like it's too soon for this.. this doesn't confirm anything,it just made the 6th gen vs 7th Gen ALOT WORSE now

And we go right to 8th gen lol

Joking aside let's go with 6.5 for a minute and assume we get nothing 2017. Meaning Gen 7 is 2018 would GF really release it on GF if NX is out? Even if NX is not a hybrid would they really do it on 3DS assuming we don't get a new handheld at all? Keep in mind Gens seem to last 4 years so by the time Gen 7 ends it would be around 2021. Would 3DS wifi support still be around or would they drop it like DS and Wii got. That is my biggest concern that it would be dropped mid gen and the wifi aspect would be dead. While it may seem I am jumping the gun I am just trying to be prepared for a possible scenario.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Could be a a coincidence. In Shintoism Amaterasu (sun) and Tsukuyomi (moon) were never to see each other again, so seeing the two out at the same time is seen as rare. If it's true maybe the third one will bbe Storm/Tempest (Susano'o). Or Star if they keep the space theme.

If this is what we're getting it looks like Gen 7.

It's not a coincidence, Masuda is very clever, and almost everything he tweets is tied to pokemon.

These trademarks also have actually images and logos, not just a name. Meaning they are a real game..

Also I highly doubt that this isn't what's going to be announced tomorrow. It makes a lot of sense looking at past trademarks.
    I also doubt it's gen 7. My bet is gen 6.5 is this game, and it takes place in a Kingdom near Kalos. There be new mons, but it will still act as a sequel to Kalos and bring in a new storyline as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Pokemon SUn and Moon remind me of Digmon World Dawn & Dusk which ther name in Japanaese are Digimon Story Sunburst/Digimon Story Moonlight, both their starter digimon lines are based on Sun and Moon.

Here's their box art.
    Spoiler:

Also Megaman Battle Network used the same theme.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    IF this is still 6th Gen related, will the sun and moon refer to the two wolves in Norse Mythology,Geri and Freki? Both of them are the reasons for night and day, as the sun and the moon run from them. The day that they catch and devour the sun and the moon will be the start of Ragnarok. And then Perfect Zygarde's chest mouth has cyan and orange, which are the same as the logo's colors, so could this mean it can also stop the two wolves that MIGHT be the mascots for the games?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Let's see Volcanion may be linked to the Sun and Magearna to the Moon.

Also the previous leaked pokemon list has legendary pokemons revolving around singularity and space themed just like Sun and Moon who are celestial bodies.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I seen an interesting theory being posted on another website... it had to do with the 2 unused game slots in Pokemon Bank for Gen 6. They had suggested that these games might be those game slots, and even had thrown in the suggestion of Sun being a tie-in game to Y/OR and Moon being a tie-in to X/AS, or vice-versa... yeah, you get the idea right? They explained it better than I could.

Come to think of it, both Kalos and Hoenn have some ties to space... Hoenn's is more prevalant, but Kalos' ties to space has to do with the Anistar Sundial's origin. Interestingly, Sycamore also says it has ties to Megas, Ultimate Weapon, and Legendaries too.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    IF this is still 6th Gen related, will the sun and moon refer to the two wolves in Norse Mythology,Geri and Freki? Both of them are the reasons for night and day, as the sun and the moon run from them. The day that they catch and devour the sun and the moon will be the start of Ragnarok. And then Perfect Zygarde's chest mouth has cyan and orange, which are the same as the logo's colors, so could this mean it can also stop the two wolves that MIGHT be the mascots for the games?

Hmm, good eye there. I haven't noticed the color schemes. If Pokemon Sun and Moon turn out to be a glorified third version like BW2, then as expected, Game Freak has broken the mold. Perfect Zygarde's chest, the strange souvenir, and the 4chan leak showcase that they've been planning this out from the very beginning of Gen 6's development.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Both colors of sun and moon resemble the hexagon color location leaked Pokemon listing " south kalos" also the other hexagon parts of perfect zygarde.. orange and light blue

They better give us some gameplay footages in the direct..

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Also,the Hex maniac in X and Y mentions this-(Northern Bridge to the sundial)"Did you know that there are moondials too?" There COULD be a moondial in a possible Southern Kalos, and tell more info on how the Sundial in Anistar city exactly relates to Mega evo if we can find the stone thanks to the Sundial at a certain time. Man, speculating too much makes my head hurt..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back