• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Well every League based on the main games has had a post League filler arc with the e xceptions of Johto and Sinnoh (this one had it's fillers before the league...felt like they would never get there... meanwhile Johto had the Whirlpool mini arc to slow things down). Gen I- Orange Islands Gen III- Battle Frontier Gen V- Decola adventures and Episode N. Wait, alright, every odd generation has had a long filler after the league...perhaps we'll get a ton of filler after he gets the 8th gym badge...
    Btw the Hoenn league began in November (21st) while Sinnoh and Unova's both began in September. Meanwhile the anime overall began in April. Johto and Kalos though did began in September. And it's the year that the new Gen's pair gets released too, with the exception of Blue and Green of course.

Maybe a really long Zygarde/Team Flare arc? Ngl i'd love that. Just makes me even more excited for Z.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe a really long Zygarde/Team Flare arc? Ngl i'd love that. Just makes me even more excited for Z.

That would please those who want Z out before the conclusion of the XY&Z arc.

I can't wait until next week, even if I do expect Corocoro to have big news. I do expect to have a Direct next week, seeing how we've had one around the 14th for the past three years.

Years
    I feel like we're in the calm before the storm phase :) i do expect an announcement this month. Pokken may do well (i'm not sure as i've never played it) but the profits from GO and the VC releases and Detective Pikachu combined will likely nowhere near match the profits a new main game would get.

All the signs point towards an announcement this month imo :) (let's hope our expectations don't get dashed)

Years
    I feel like we're in the calm before the storm phase :) i do expect an announcement this month. Pokken may do well (i'm not sure as i've never played it) but the profits from GO and the VC releases and Detective Pikachu combined will likely nowhere near match the profits a new main game would get.

All the signs point towards an announcement this month imo :) (let's hope our expectations don't get dashed)

Go is a freemium game, so it depends on what goods there are for those that spend money.

I hope you're right, the wait is starting to get to me again...

Years
    I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with Go in that it won't be anything near like the trailer when it was first announced. I think they'll use the launch of Z (or the XY sequels, whichever lol) to promote it though. We may get the wrist watch (like we got the pokewalker) or maybe you'll need to download Go to unlock an item or forme or something.

The lack of news has been getting to me all week, but it's because we know an announcement is likely to come soon i think :)

Years
    I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with Go in that it won't be anything near like the trailer when it was first announced. I think they'll use the launch of Z (or the XY sequels, whichever lol) to promote it though. We may get the wrist watch (like we got the pokewalker) or maybe you'll need to download Go to unlock an item or forme or something.

The lack of news has been getting to me all week, but it's because we know an announcement is likely to come soon i think :)
    Well they certainly did that with the Dream Radar (the forme thing), so it's possible. It'll likely be a Kanto mon though...hmm the birds are good options, as is Mew...all four are known for roaming (well Mew is in the anime and manga at least).

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Kind of... Meanwhile, Kanto looks square shaped in some of it's past drawings...

Well back on topic, we can expect Corocoro to leak anytime between this Sunday and next Sunday. I am really thinking it'll just be Zygarde's signature moves...

They should reveal the Perfect Zygarde's total stats and compare them with Xerneas and Yveltal.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    That reminds me, we don't even have all the stats for 10% and Complete Forme... all we got are height and weight IIRC.

If not this month, then I think March would be a good time for a reveal. As I said earlier, some Zygarde merchandise is supposed to come out(I read somewhere that they got that from Serebii's tweets, going to go find those now), and Zygarde's first TCG cards are coming out as well. By then, the XY&Z anime will be airing in America too(it starts on the 20th of this month).

EDIT: The Alain VS Ash aired in Japan, and it showed something interesting about the Zygarde Cells if activated without a Core present:

Spoiler:

I'm beginning to think that Zygarde's "secret power" is to create ecosystems. I'm thinking something's gonna happen like this in the game; TF might use both Xerneas and Yveltal to power the Ultimate Weapon, which they'll use to wipe out Kalos. Then, they'll use Complete Zygarde to restore Kalos, brand-new.

Also the preview screenshot for the next episode... 50% Zygarde VS Alain's Charizard. 50% looks massive compared to Charizard, I can't imagine how big Complete Forme is going to be.

Years
    I'm beginning to think that Zygarde's "secret power" is to create ecosystems. I'm thinking something's gonna happen like this in the game; TF might use both Xerneas and Yveltal to power the Ultimate Weapon, which they'll use to wipe out Kalos. Then, they'll use Complete Zygarde to restore Kalos, brand-new.

Ooooh, i like this. That would help create a really nice storyline too.

Edit: *spoilers for the anime ahead*

Spoiler:

Probably means we're going to get Mega Evolutions for Greninja, Delphox and Chesnaught in Z, maybe through Pokemon Amie? Would be cool. I'm here for it.

Last edited:
    Years
    Lol, i think the mechanics of the Ash-Greninja Mega will be exclusive to Ash, but i think the protagonist in the XY sequel will definitely have it too :) Maybe Team Flare will do something that will affect the Anistar Sundial (the source of Mega Evolution??) and render the keystone's useless, but then the hero of the story will still be able to Mega Evolve their Pokemon haha. I'd love that. I just need a high stakes story for Z, one that has me on the edge of my seat.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    That'd be nice if we got a high-stakes story for once, especially in celebration of the 20th anniversary year of the franchise.

Also I just thought of something... what if the CoroCoro news isn't just about a Volcanion Forme, but also the Ash-Greninja variants for Delphox and Chesnaught? IIRC, wasn't Mega Evolution teased as "world changing" back in 2012-2013? Maybe the Ash-Greninja variants for Delphox and Chesnaught might make an appearance in the movie?

Years
    That'd be nice if we got a high-stakes story for once, especially in celebration of the 20th anniversary year of the franchise.

Also I just thought of something... what if the CoroCoro news isn't just about a Volcanion Forme, but also the Ash-Greninja variants for Delphox and Chesnaught? IIRC, wasn't Mega Evolution teased as "world changing" back in 2012-2013? Maybe the Ash-Greninja variants for Delphox and Chesnaught might make an appearance in the movie?
    I think Ash-Volcanion is more likely to appear, as Ash will need to bond with it, seeing how they're stuck together.

Years
    I'm thinking that if we don't get a Direct by next week end we'll get on around the 17th. Miitomo (Nintendo's first mobile game) is coming out that day. Also, the day after Fire Emblem fates is coming out (in NA at least as it's already out in Japan since summer), so a Direct would be a good reminder of what's coming out soon, including Pokémon R(G)BY for VC.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Interesting, the Japanese website of the Pokemon Center online store is supposed to reopen after closing in 2006 according to Serebii. It's supposed to reopen at its new address on February 16th. What caught my eye is that it says several new merchandising campaigns will start with it.

Moichendising, moichendising...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IxYVeJhwPdQ

I'm having gut feels about February...

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2016
    Lets sum up everything first. Well first, Ash Greninja is now a Mega Evolution. Next week is a fight with Team Flare and Zygarde 50%. An online Pokemon store in Japan reopens with several new merchandise campaigns.

Pokemon GO is gonna be shown off at a conference next month. GO is said to have connectivity to the next main games. So they might have to reveal whatever before showing off GO.

I wouldn't look at CoroCoro when it leaks around the 11th-12th. I would be looking for a global announcement method between this Tues and Wed. Global announcements can't be in CoroCoro because it always leaks early. So I wouldn't place my money there. Either by web only or a direct.

Nintendo almost always has a direct in February. 2015 didn't but it did have one in January.
    Take a peek for yourself... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Direct_presentations
    Fire Emblem and Zelda have stuff coming real soon. Keep an eye for a direct. BTW there hasn't been a direct for three months!

Next are some past CoroCoros from B2W2. Note it was announced on Feb 22 after CoroCoro.

January 15: CoroCoro has promised that, within their next issue due out on February 15th, it will provide more world's first information, but this time in regards to the new movie. Elsewhere in the magazine, it promises a scoop about the main Pokémon of the movie next month indicating that a new Pokémon is to be revealed, presumably the legendary Pokémon; Keldeo. We'll provide more of this as and when it comes

February 15: The final image of CoroCoro has been released. This image, as usual, provides a teaser into what will be contained in next month's issue. This teaser states that in the next issue, due for release on March 15th, there is to be another bit of surprise information. This information is said to not just be about Keldeo, with it stating it will post "more than the report of Keldeo". It is likely that the distribution details of Keldeo will be given in the issue, but it is unknown what else they will reveal. We'll provide more information as and when it comes.

B2W2 announced on TV on Feb 22nd.

March 15: More info on B2W2.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Pokemon Z is so mysterious, we should get hidden abilities ready to build our dream team for Pokemon Z and serious study about the game.
    https://www.serebii.net/games/hiddenabilityaccess.shtml
    Be also get one mega for our team for Pokemon Z
    https://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/megaevolutions.shtml
    But we should breed Pokemons on the Pokemon Z and we can make the game easy as pie with good Pokemons.

Then we could try to get as many friends as possible for friend safari in Pokemon X and Y and then transfer pokemons for breeding. I really want to get the Hall of Fame with competitive pokemoms.

I'm pretty this game would use the gyms from X and Y and maybe update them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back