• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Well XY and B2W2 take place around the same time. So Z will need to take place sometime after (either pull an Emerald or a B2W2 of it's own). Then there's the routes...but perhaps it has to do with their government...
    If Kalos and Unova have a link, perhaps there was once a war between the two*, this would go some way to explaining the Unova legendaries in the Palace Garden (a gift from Unova/Kalos before the war or Unova once being connected to Kalos as one bigger region or perhaps another reason- I'm not particularly imaginative so I'm sure others can think of potential reasons). A war between the two regions/the one bigger region splitting into two after a civil war could also give an explanation for the routes, one or both renumbering them.

*everything after this is probably wrong, I'm sure X and Y mention something to do with Kalos and Unova, but I can't remember what it is and it probably contradicts everything after this point.

Years
    I think that the halves are meant for Xerneas and Yvetal. Blue Core for Xerneas or Yvetal and vice versa for Red core. Since Lysander only used one only one half was needed.

Fun fact; Unova's center routes form a Hexagon (6 sided shaped) while Kalos forms a Pentagon (five sided shape). I think this was done on purpose. We might get a few more towns, but I doubt we'll get much more. I don't expect anything larger than the expansion that Unova got.

I still personally believe we'll get something as big as that,mostly for lore reasons, and that unexplained train station in Couriway town, another train track in Kiloude station AND Lumoise station, and it'll make Kalos the biggest region we ever had, opening up to even more post-game activities to do.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I still personally believe we'll get something as big as that,mostly for lore reasons, and that unexplained train station in Couriway town, another train track in Kiloude station AND Lumoise station, and it'll make Kalos the biggest region we ever had, opening up to even more post-game activities to do.

The one in Couriway Town is speculated to be connected to an unknown region, any new region but not Unova, a region that is based on UK to be precise.

If not a UK region, perhaps the Couriway railway is connected to Southern Kalos?

Years

What's interesting is that there's an underwater train that travels between France and the UK. It would be really cool if they'd incorporate that into Z :)

Edit: Meant to say, if anyone has dire need of an American Mew code, i have one due to a mistake on ebay (that cost me... sigh). PM me if you want it, first come first serve!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The train in Corriway I think is based on a French-German one, so it'll be east Kalos... Kalos is already the biggest region in terms of size.

Years
    I originally thought Sinnoh was the biggest, followed by Kalos. I don't really know about each region's sizes, but by the looks of it, Kalos is definitely up there. Much like how Rayquaza represents it's own region, by the Delta symbol, and the region somehow looks like a triangle, I wanted Zygarde itself to represent Kalos as a whole by it's royalty status and full-on hexagon representation

Years
    I originally thought Sinnoh was the biggest, followed by Kalos. I don't really know about each region's sizes, but by the looks of it, Kalos is definitely up there. Much like how Rayquaza represents it's own region, by the Delta symbol, and the region somehow looks like a triangle, I wanted Zygarde itself to represent Kalos as a whole by it's royalty status and full-on hexagon representation
    Sinnoh is a Triangle. Hoenn looks kind of like a yin and yang sign if you count the wate,r with Mt. Chimney and Sootopolis being the "black within the white" and "white within the black"

Hoenn is our Yin-yang, Sinnoh is our Triangle, Unova is our hexagon, and Kalos is our Pentagon. Interestingly I recall that corocoro made special mention of the shape of Kalos.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Kind of... Meanwhile, Kanto looks square shaped in some of it's past drawings...

Well back on topic, we can expect Corocoro to leak anytime between this Sunday and next Sunday. I am really thinking it'll just be Zygarde's signature moves...

When you mention leak, I'm kinda nervous about it, ha.

Hafta control myself and not to expect too much,especially the spotlight's on the 20 Anni, they might focus on that subject instead. If there's nothing on the upcoming issue, we might see something like, 'Expect something big next month!'

Years
    When you mention leak, I'm kinda nervous about it, ha.

Hafta control myself and not to expect too much,especially the spotlight's on the 20 Anni, they might focus on that subject instead. If there's nothing on the upcoming issue, we might see something like, 'Expect something big next month!'
    I'm thinking April if we don't get it in a Direct (well Corocoro is most likely going to come after one or another event, considering it's history with new game reveals). We got Volcanion in December and we're to get "big" movie news this month, so it might be pacing itself.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Correct me if I'm wrong, Shaymin's Sky Forme, Official Sugimori art and Platinum were all shown in one CoroCoro issue, right?

I'm suspecting they are going through the Shaymin route with Volcanion... (Yes in other words our new game might be announce along Volcanion's new forme)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Both Masuda and Ishihara have released these videos discussing their history with Pokemon. Both are short videos, but interesting if anybody wants to take a look:

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/02/...pokemon-history-in-new-videos/comment-page-1/

Also, Serebii has posted that Pokemon GO will be showcased next month at a Game Developer Conference in San Francisco. IIRC, Maduda had tweeted about a business trip in San Fran a few weeks ago, I just about bet that's why he was there.

Since Pokemon GO was hinted at having some sort of connection or compatibility with the main series games, I'm wondering if our next game's announcement is going to be happening pretty soon... like, within a few weeks. Because unless they are making GO to have compatibility with X/Y/ORAS, they'll have to show an example of how it would work with the next main series installment.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I feel like GO will have the same sort of benefit for our next main series games as Pokédex 3D had for BW, if that make sense; when connected, it'll likely allow us access to capturing some sort of legendary.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Both Masuda and Ishihara have released these videos discussing their history with Pokemon. Both are short videos, but interesting if anybody wants to take a look:

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/02/...pokemon-history-in-new-videos/comment-page-1/

Also, Serebii has posted that Pokemon GO will be showcased next month at a Game Developer Conference in San Francisco. IIRC, Maduda had tweeted about a business trip in San Fran a few weeks ago, I just about bet that's why he was there.

Since Pokemon GO was hinted at having some sort of connection or compatibility with the main series games, I'm wondering if our next game's announcement is going to be happening pretty soon... like, within a few weeks. Because unless they are making GO to have compatibility with X/Y/ORAS, they'll have to show an example of how it would work with the next main series installment.
    The compatibility with our current Gen VI games isn't impossible, but less likely. Nothing sets 'Z' apart much from XY/ORAS if GO is able to connect with the aforementioned Generation VI games.

Think HGSS' Pokewalker and B2W2's Dream Radar. (:
    I feel like GO will have the same sort of benefit for our next main series games as Pokédex 3D had for BW, if that make sense; when connected, it'll likely allow us access to capturing some sort of legendary.

Yeah, I can see GO functioning as a Dream Radar for B2W2/Walker for HGSS, an integrated Walker and DR to be precise.

My thoughts over GO is still mixed. I'm also wondering why are they highlighting GO that much? The highlight's even more so than our core games.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    My thoughts over GO is still mixed. I'm also wondering why are they highlighting GO that much? The highlight's even more so than our core games.
    My assumption is that it's because it's the company's first foray into mobile device gaming. They want to make sure that their first try goes well, not to mention that it's a whole new, and so potentially very profitable, market for them to tap into. Mobile gaming has always kinda seemed like shovelware to me anyway.

They also know that since the main series games generally sell well on their own anyway, they might not need to focus as much on advertising the next main series game(s).

Years
    I just hope that Z gets announced before the NX gets revealed. Crystal and B2W2 (it should've sold far more than it did as they weren't third versions)suffered somewhat for being on dying consoles. Though, Pokémon did begin at the end of the GB's life, but it was new (which is likely why GF tried something new with B2W2).

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'm also wondering why are they highlighting GO that much? The highlight's even more so than our core games.

nb4 Pokemon GO is confirmed to be our Gen 7 main series game. Just for kicks, I had contemplated that the "major world-changing announcement" for this month was going to be that the main series games would end on the Nintendo handhelds, and then start going mobile with Gen 7. This is making fun of the people in the fandom that threw a fit when GO was announced, because of Masuda's desire to start exploring the mobile market. I have a sick sense of humor, lol.

Anyways... it was just brought to my attention that within the same time period that GO will be showed off in San Francisco, that a bunch of Zygarde merchandise is supposed to be released, one of them being his first TCG cards. Hmm....

Years
    I'm not sure how the pattern goes with the anime, but i'm pretty sure Ash will get his last badge, defeat Team Flare and enter the Kalos league by autumn. So does that mean that Gen 7 will be announced this year? New gens (in terms of the anime) normally start in October for Japan, right? And then obviously, a new game will follow soon after.

Last edited:

Years
    I'm not sure how the pattern goes with the anime, but i'm pretty sure Ash will get his last badge, defeat Team Flare and enter the Kalos league by autumn. So does that mean that Gen 7 will be announced this year? New gens (in terms of the anime) normally start in October for Japan, right? And then obviously, a new game will follow soon after.

Well every League based on the main games has had a post League filler arc with the e xceptions of Johto and Sinnoh (this one had it's fillers before the league...felt like they would never get there... meanwhile Johto had the Whirlpool mini arc to slow things down). Gen I- Orange Islands Gen III- Battle Frontier Gen V- Decola adventures and Episode N. Wait, alright, every odd generation has had a long filler after the league...perhaps we'll get a ton of filler after he gets the 8th gym badge...
    Btw the Hoenn league began in November (21st) while Sinnoh and Unova's both began in September. Meanwhile the anime overall began in April. Johto and Kalos though did began in September. And it's the year that the new Gen's pair gets released too, with the exception of Red and Green of course, the anime began a year after Red,Green, and Blue had come out.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back